Narcolepsy (unapproved RP)

Started by Cromus, January 09, 2013, 12:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cromus

Dearly beloved member's of the Community,

I am hoping to try a concept a bit unorthodox for a purgatory section of the forum, until my verdict is reached. No matter to me, it's about the journey--not the finish line.

Concept:

It begins with my character waking up in the middle of the night with amnesia. I will either assume control of the character first, or whomever wants to can. If it's me, my post would immediately be followed by whomever wishes to chime in, improvisation style.

To keep the idea on course, however, we'll eventually need your/my character to fall asleep.  And when they awaken? Well, then it's the next players turn, following the same concept as before in a loop.  Be your character, and I will be part of the group chiming in to help create your setting?  After you fall asleep, the next available player will wake up and we'll chime in with them.  Your character can go unconscious at anytime during narration via your reality, no one else can control when you stop except for you. I was thinking to keep it interesting though, we could have each person reply 2 in their reality-state, and then prompt your sleep to the next person. Like I said, Narcolepsy occurs during the day, so falling unconscious can occur anytime you desire to end your reign as the center of attention.  I hope I made sense, and look forward to role-playing with everyone!

PS: It goes without saying that the conduct within the RP must conform to a PG-13 rating. So please, enchant me with your spur of the moment creativity. Let us climb inside your mind to caress your inner child (gently). First I will wait for a reply from a player agreeing to my idea, then we can start with you or me, whomever first hands it to the person next in the order they joined?

Ligeia

I'd be interested in taking part. It'd be interesting to see what kinds of things people come up with.
"Beware the Jabberwock my son. The jaws that bite, the claws that scratch. Beware the Jubjub bird and shun, the frumious Bandersnatch."

" 'The time has come,' the Walrus said, 'To talk of many things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings.' "
~Poems~ ~Plots/Pairings~

Cromus

Well, now that we're both approved, I guess this RP is off the table.  I am willing to do something else improvisation style with you, Ligeia. If you're still interested! Or if you keep this idea, I could get someone from staff to move it to the member section and see how it goes from there.

Cromus 

Safire

If you guys are still interested in this idea, I would like to join in. It sounds like an interesting concept.
If I seem a bit slow on posting, it's because things are piling up in real life.