DnD 5e: Brightvale Chronicles

Started by ShadowFox89, December 15, 2015, 10:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Kit Gracelove
Level 7 Half-elf Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
Str 8, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 16
Languages: Common, Elvish, Draconic
Skills: Arcana, History, Investigation, Perception, Sleight of Hand, Stealth
Expertise: Investigation, Perception, Arcana, Thieves Tools
Sneak Attack: 4d6
Special Abilities: Thieves' Cant, Cunning Action, Uncanny Dodge, Evasion, Spellcasting, Mage Hand Legerdemain

In far away lands, there exists a tower in a bustling magic city inhabited by a lonely wizard surrounded by all his ancient tomes and artifacts... as well as his assistant. Kit Gracelove works for this wizard, discretely seeking out more ancient works for her master to digest. Her most recent task has been to travel to Brightvale, chasing the lead of a mysterious and formidable artifact.

Kit's bespectacled and bookish by rogues' standards, an erudite by way of her apprenticeship to her master. Still, she is worldly enough to be entrusted with the task of seeking out these ancient artifacts and bringing them back. In that regard, she has proven quite resourceful.

She's somewhat scatter-brained and forgetful, but hardly ditzy. She tends to get carried about with her own fascinations and interests, spending more time investigating places or solving puzzles just because it interests her. While this has at times helped her master in his arcane studies, often times she comes back enriched with knowledge that is old news to him.

Kit has a natural charm and has used it on occasion, but is somewhat naive and socially clueless, owing to her long time spent in dungeons or the company of her equally reclusive master. She prefers books to people, dungeons to cities, and silence to noise. She is used to working alone, and has a bit of a fear of commitment. Kit's worked with others before, but always her journey takes her elsewhere before she can ever grow too attached.

Other possible images...
http://gelbooru.com//images/02/7d/027d3b1888fb62a89b7f69bfd2f05d39.jpg?2854216
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2140262

ShadowFox89

Alright, if there's any questions I missed, please poke me with them in thread.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Miroque

POKEs GM! : When do we start, and with what line up?

AndyZ

If it would help, I could say that Arx is a female by default and just often takes male forms.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ShadowFox89

You're fine Andy, no worries on Arx.

I'll be looking over things tomorrow, college today, will let everyone know what's up then.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Guancyto

Okay, awful last-minute application goooooo

Name: Evelune
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Warlock 7 (The Fiend, Pact of the Tome)
Background: Urchin
Background: Evelune's story is the sort you hear all over. Poor little halfie-no-parents, the children sing, a little guttersnipe without any future except as a thief or a prostitute. Well she showed those fuckers. Selling her soul in exchange for overwhelming firepower was probably a bad idea, long-term, but that paled in comparison to all the shinies raked in and all the revenge gotten (and there's seriously a lot of revenge gotten). It made her leader of one of the urchin-gangs, feared and respected by all or at least all those under four feet tall, at least until they kicked her out when she got too old and too tall. That's all right! She's gonna make her own way, and that way's going to be strewn with gold, wine, heartbroken boys and girls, and the charred corpses of her many enemies.

You know. Hopefully. Fingers crossed and hope to not die because dying means going to Hell. That's probably going to be a problem someday.

ShadowFox89

Alright, so, characters!

Mabil Teague, Shifter Barbarian, played by Premier https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241251.msg11912843#msg11912843
Aryx, Changeling Bard, played by AndyZ https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241251.msg11919673#msg11919673
Fridda Elsingarsdotter, Drow Sorceress, played by Miroque https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241251.msg11921412#msg11921412
Kit Gracelove, Half-Elf Rogue, played by Inerrant_Lust https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241251.msg12036241#msg12036241
Evelune/Lina Inverse, Half-Elf Warlock, played by Guancyto https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241251.msg12048447#msg12048447
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Miroque

Congratulations to all who got in !

See you in the game.. rest of you, see you in another games.

Miroque

few questions:

Guancyto: Mabli, being barbarian AND sailor, wearing half-plate?? (not profient on heavy armors, and platearmors being the worst of the worst on ships... )

GM: About that starting magic item? (Still no idea what it might be, so please, drop Fridda with one of your choosing.)

Premier

Half-plates not heavy it's medium. Chest, Gauntlets and boots with leather in between.

She's a Barbarian in the sense that she rages out and has tribal ties. A lot of barbarian cultures are sailors, the Vikings and Celts especially and they both wore fairly heavy armour.

Miroque

Oh, they have changed the half-plate to medium armor.. and I ment that barbs are nto profient with hvy armors.. nothing to do with sailorism...
Sailors was ment ont he other part, as ships and heavy gear are nto very compatible..

Vikings were barbarian culture, and they did NOT use heavy armors. Except on the lateer age, when steel begin to be commonplace. Swords were scarce here in Scandinavia, cause steel was hard to comeby. Thats why vkikings were using mostly axes and spears, but when they raided softskinned folks.. (brittons, celts, etc) they got free loot of swords :)

Guancyto

Quote from: Miroque on February 07, 2016, 02:08:37 PMGuancyto: Mabli, being barbarian AND sailor, wearing half-plate?? (not profient on heavy armors, and platearmors being the worst of the worst on ships... )

??? You're asking me?

Um, well! I would think the thought process would go

1. I'm not on a ship right now
2. People keep trying to hit me
3. Therefore, I should wear heavier stuff if I can get it
4. I punched someone and got it
5. Therefore, score!

I mean, it's not plate armor's fault it's just straight-up better and makes chainmail obsolete (if you have the tech to make it, anyway).

Zaer Darkwail

Vikings eguipment for raids was at large chainmails, shield and then either viking sword or axe plus helm optionally. There were also berserkers who eat mushrooms to go nuts and they forsaked shield for big weapon and lacked armor altogether (they mostly went to flank stuff or just go ham in front lines). Key weapon though was intimidation; vikings hammering their shields while chanting frigthened the opposition to point they surrendered or were having no morale to fight them when actual engagement started (thus mention even if no armor was worn they definately used shields).

Spears may also had been used in some combat situations (like calvary) but they may had also thrown them from short range and then rushed to melee with shield and sword/axe combo.

Guancyto

Mm. The reason vikings didn't arse about with plate armor is because by the time the technology to make plate armor was developed, the viking age was long over.

For an example of people who did a whole lot of sailing and still messed about with plate armor, see: conquistadors.

Miroque

Early dark ages (about the time period when viking raids started to end), there was plate armors widely used bu nobility /mounted knights. Hell, there was bronze plates in ancient egypt.. partial plate armors in ancient greek... Plate armor is not "new" invention.. Fullplate is relatively new.

And about Conquistadors, even their sailors never used heavy and restraining outfits.. hard to climb to masts... One of the reasons why english navy made Mariner (occupation). Soldier with sailing skills.. no need for armors, as muskets were piercing them left and right.

ShadowFox89

You're arguing about history in a fantasy game. Just... stop.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Premier

Quote from: Miroque on February 07, 2016, 04:20:45 PM
And about Conquistadors, even their sailors never used heavy and restraining outfits.. hard to climb to masts... One of the reasons why english navy made Mariner (occupation). Soldier with sailing skills.. no need for armors, as muskets were piercing them left and right.

Generally you don't need to wear your armor while sailing. It's not like there's anything to fight.

Curiass' have been around forever and were a form of Half-Plate (Half-Plate isn't a real thing, it's a made up DnD term) and Roman Naval warfare was mainly based around attaching yourself to other boats and stomping on over in that nice roman Armour and shields to murder them all.

And yeah as the GM said Mabli doesn't fit into history, because in history generally there weren't sea monsters out to kill you and eat all your crew which you needed a weird cat woman with a magical axe to kill for you as you searched for lost treasure.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 07, 2016, 04:31:52 PM
You're arguing about history in a fantasy game. Just... stop.

Yeah, that's solid point really in regards 'can pirate/viking wear full plate' or not :P. It's fantasy after all (naturally ACP will affect swim like everything else but if got swim ranks you do not worry about it).

AndyZ

Was there a starting magic item we were supposed to pick out?  How high is our availability?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Inerrant Lust

And there were no Egyptian Orcs living within walking distance of Aztec Halflings, historically..

ShadowFox89

Quote from: AndyZ on February 07, 2016, 05:20:30 PM
Was there a starting magic item we were supposed to pick out?  How high is our availability?

Yes, 1 item of common availability..... or was it uncommon. Away from books right now, will get back to you on that.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

I imagine Uncommon, since the only Common items are potions.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on February 07, 2016, 05:26:06 PM
And there were no Egyptian Orcs living within walking distance of Aztec Halflings, historically..

That you know of

Have fun folks that got in  ;D

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 07, 2016, 06:02:09 PM
Yes, 1 item of common availability..... or was it uncommon. Away from books right now, will get back to you on that.

It was 1 uncommon item what I recall. Mostly a +1 armor, sword or some minor utility item.

ShadowFox89

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244030.new#new ooc
And
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244031.new#new character thread
Are up. Zaer will also be in the game, just wanted to confirm things with him before putting that out there.

When posting in the OOC, cast a vote- wine or blood.
Call me Shadow
My A/A