Recruiting-Gentech Lab of the Future ( extreme)

Started by WindVoyager, June 16, 2016, 12:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

Game Type: Freeform/GM driven
Recruitment status: OPEN
Character Restrictions: No fantasy or supernatural creatures
Category: Extreme

Mad scientists and medical experimentation always go together.

Summary

At the beginning of the 21st century the Gentech Corporation has become the most powerful company in the US and the fourth most powerful in the world. It had also become the largest commercial entity in the U.S. Its political and  financial influence is felt everywhere.

To the public, its the world's leading supplier of .....cybernetic technology, medical technology and medical products. Unknown even to most its employees, its massive profits are generated by genetic research, cybernetic research, military experimentation and more.

Gentch has kept everything they do in their underground lab top secret. It lies hidden in the shadows, its questionable ethics and illegal experimentation unknown to the public.

Gentech is not a typical lab set up. Its no government funded and not affiliated with any government group. It is funded by a faceless entity only known as the Corporation that receives its funding from big medical companies. The Corporation's interests lay in everything from new medical technology to making genetically enhanced 'pets' for the upper most classes of society.

The Corporation is willing to do anything to keep the fact the Lab exists quiet and is willing to encourage the degradation of the scientists, after all they are free to do what ever they want as long as they get results. In other words the scientists are free to do what ever they want to the captives of the Lab, what ever degradation they want, turn their victims brains to mush, take them apart to see what makes them tick, as long as the corporation is satisfied with the results.

The lab itself is a massive self contained faculty that is underground.

This is placed in the future so they will have access to things like nanite tech and even some stolen cybernetic tech. The Lab itself has everything you will ever need, all the tools of the trade, reinforced magnetically locking cages, surgical rooms, private offices and more. Now that doesn't mean your character can do what ever they want since the Corporation is paying for everything and wants results. Scientists who preform their own side experiments may find themselves stripped of their rank, their equipment and files and end up as a test subject themselves. 

Players will take on either the roles of Scientists, victims or staff.

We need to keep a good balance.

------------------------------

Rules

-Respect a players Off\Ons
-Characters have to be twenty or older. This is for the comfort level of all involved
-There is no posting order
-Use the tagging system and use headers
-This game is open to every one
-If you choose to leave the group, please inform the GM and anybody you are RPing with so we're not left hanging
- IC Posts should have substance, no one-liners.
-Please try not to keep anybody waiting on a post longer than one week. Real life happens but inform any one you are RPing with that you will be longer
-Communication is key,talk to your fellow players
-While not a rule, interaction is not only a good thing, its encouraged. Don't exclude characters because you don't know anything about them or don't want your character to screw them. Go TALK and interact with other characters, it helps build the story

Just some ideas of what your characters can do

_Make a monster, who doesn't like monsters? If movies have taught us anything, making a monster and controlling it are two very different things.

_Pull a  Soma. The tech exists so you can make a digital copy of someone's brain, alter it how you want and place the cyber brain into another body. Said synth body can be another gender or even another species. Said copy will believe its the orginal and may even have most or all the memories of the orginal. What would happen if the copy took over the real person life? Also you could do all manner of things to the copy like blow it up and more

-Use them as test subjects for all manner of drugs and medical experimentation

-Cyber implants

-Psychological abuse and trauma

Characters wanted:

Since variety is important the Lab needs a variety of test subjects, everything from humans that come from all walks of life as well as anthros and cyborgs. Variety allows them to test how the subjects are affected by drugs, being used as live targets and how they heal. The Rp will be open to any and all genders and sexualities.

The victims can be just people yanked off the street, people no one will ever look for or people who have terminal illness who want it to be cured and are taken to the Lab under the cover of darkness and dont realize what they are getting into when they sign that dotted line.

Still others were scientists who did unethical or amoral things and were fired from their regular jobs only to find the Men in Black showing up at their doorstep with a request to work for the Lab

Player Name:

Character Name:

Job: (tech, victim, scientist, grunt, security, ect)

Sexual Orientation:

Bio / History:

Link to you On\Offs:

Extras: Is there anything of importance about your character that is needed to be known? Is there anything you are looking for in terms of victims?

Rune

Interesting. Any room for a clumsy lab technician who accidentally injects himself and finds himself on the wrong end of the leash?

Player Name: Rune

Character Name: Bunni

Job: (tech, victim, scientist, grunt, security, ect) Former lab technician/currently pet

Sexual Orientation: yes

Bio / History: Formerly a lab technician working with splicing animal and human dna. While taking experimental genetic samples from a lab rabbit, he accidentally pricked his finger. By the time he work up in the morning, he found he had been changed into a very cute bunny girl.

Chrystal

Ooooh

Now, yes, hmmmmm

I should very much like to play a perfectly ordinary human female girl in her late teens who, looking to earn a few extra notes to see herself through college, has volunteered for an experimental medical trials course, only to find that the trial was a total failure she is officially dead and her parents have been paid a rather large amount of compensation....

and she has just woken up to discover that she has fur, ears and a tail...

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Blinkin

Interesting...

How would a former scientist of the company who overreached in one of her experiments, or didn't get results and finds herself a test subject for one of her rivals? I like the idea of cloning her and keeping the original someplace safe while her rival conducts various experiments on the clone... who thinks that she's the real one... if he damages her too much, he can just create a new clone... of course, using hersexually would be a big bonus.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.