News:

Main Menu

EverQuest

Started by The Overlord, May 02, 2005, 06:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Overlord

I am talking about the original, not EQ II. Just wondering if we have any other players here?

;D Plays the 7th Hammer and Zebuxoruk ;D

Hunter

Can't say that I've played evercrack myself.  I'm too much of a cheapskate for games like that.   :o

The Overlord

Well, I’m a relative latecomer to the game: I weighed whether pay-to-play was justified and didn’t start until October 2002.

Fortunately, I have not regretted my decision even a little.

Amberghylles

I never got drawn into Everquest, but I am in the World of Warcrack.

The Overlord

So it appears we all have our own drug for our weekly MMORPG fix.
;D

Amberghylles

<chuckle> Yeah... Now if they'd just give me a kickback for getting all my friends hooked...   ;D

BlackWombat

Everquest, not my bag...

City of Heros, that's were it's at.
I think we're going somewhere, we're onto something good here.

Jalie

I've played most all of them at one point.
Ultima Online beta for a few days
Asheron's Call
Asheron's Call 2
Starwars Galaxies
City of Heroes
Now world of Warcraft

I think there were a few others but none I can think of off the top of my head.
I guess I have a short attention span :)

Hunter

I'm sorry, what did you say?  I was too busy starting at your...bouncing.   ;D

Jalie

Oh, Hunter! You say the nicest things! ;D

Hunter

Heh heh.   I'll just not say anything further so as to stay out of trouble.  :-X

My personal fix is usually in the form of Halo on the xbox rather than a pc game.

Ajoxer

You call that a compliment?

I worship at the attractive bouncing of your lovely pink-haired avatar, I bow before your mastery of the english language and the art of seduction. I lie myself prone at your feet, begging for just a single view of your beauty.

Yeah, I'm a corny bastard.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Hunter

I prefer blunt truth to exaggerated bravado.  Less to remember later.   ;D

Ajoxer

And whose to say I wasn't saying the blunt truth? Mmmmm? I do a lot of drama club, my soul comes prebroken.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Hunter

*makes a mental note to try the graphics program later*
So was I.  But I'm still a lousy liar.   :D

The Overlord

Quote from: BlackWombat on May 04, 2005, 02:30:14 AM
Everquest, not my bag...

City of Heros, that's were it's at.

A glance at the EQ forums would seem to suggest otherwise. ;)

Alright, WTF, who actually voted that they never heard of EverQuest? No offense, but what cave have you been living in the past 5 years?!? :-\

Hunter

Quote from: Kiri the slave girl on May 06, 2005, 01:24:55 AM
A glance at the EQ forums would seem to suggest otherwise. ;)

Alright, WTF, who actually voted that they never heard of EverQuest? No offense, but what cave have you been living in the past 5 years?!? :-\

It's called "Ohio".   ;D  (No, I actually didn't vote.)

Brandon

Ive played EQ since Beta and still do to this day. Although with the server mergers going on Im considering quiting but Ill see how it goes before i make a final decision.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

The Overlord

Quote from: guardianangel98 on May 06, 2005, 07:17:33 PM
Ive played EQ since Beta and still do to this day. Although with the server mergers going on Im considering quiting but Ill see how it goes before i make a final decision.

Well, you know eventually that’s going to happen. I don’t even see why it’s an issue unless there is something about your favorite servers they don’t have on others.

Based on what I’m seeing on the official site forums, many players are actually looking forward to the mergers because it will mean new players and/or characters they don’t normally interact with. I play a wizard on 7th Hammer and the recent merger with Lanys T'Vyl means some of the zones are packed with players. The observations some have made is that zones like PoK have become central grounds, leaving other zones mostly devoid of other PC’s, but at least they are in there.

Likewise I play my barbarian on Zebuxoruk and it is soon merging with Xegony…will give me more players to contact. I just don’t see the problem if your characters thinly spread over more servers, merging is a good concept for everyone.

Brandon

The problem I have with the merger is the fact that my guild will have to start sharing Time, Omens of war mobs like Volklana, and Uqua. Well more so then usual. Weve been sharing time with 1 other guild at the moment and theres 3 or 4 guilds on Prexus (Im on Terris-Thule) that do similar targets that we will have to share with.

I like the idea of new blood on the server and of new apps to our guild, god knows we could use a couple more bards so me and my partner arent the only ones doing stuff, but the thought of not being able to hit our targets because of 3 or 4 other guilds in the same area bothers me. If it becomes to much of an issue I may leave but I have not made a final decision yet.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play