Anita Blake non-cannon rp (looking for males and females 4 group)

Started by bandit, May 26, 2011, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit

The game will take place in Miami and in the year 2011. Lots of good positions within the city are open and it's a pretty solid group of writers (people I've written with for over ten years now) and looking forward to working with some new people.

Familiarity with some or all of the books is a major plus but we could probably educate anyone who was interested in playing a were or a vamp who hasn't read the books.

If you're interested or want more info shoot me a pm or ask here!
the smiling bandit strikes again! haHahA

Read the deeper side of bandit here! Or just his o/o's here.

This hardcore ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice.

bubby

I am interested, and have read the books. HOWEVER. I am only interested if it's more the Anita in all the books form Obsidian Butterfly back. The rest, to me...just turned to smut.

bandit

I'm going to pm you to make sure you get this but I thought I'd address the smut to plot ratio that got out of control in the books.

Our game will contain adult content, however it's not the focus of the whole game. The characters we're bringing to the game are incredibly well thought out and in a couple of cases we've already written a lot of back story for them. There will be a healthy balance, leaning in the direction of plot.

If you have any other questions I'm happy to address them!

Caela

Love these books! I don't even mind the smut though it is sometimes over the top. What I am wondering though is, is this game just set in the anitaverse, or are you actually looking to move her to Miami? Also, it sounds like you have a lot of characters already, so what sorts of characters are still open, and needed, to round out your game?

bandit

It's mostly just set in the anitaverse and for the most part we're trying to avoid cannon characters. However, cannon characters are mentioned. For example, one of the older vampires in the city was created by Primo.

Right now we need werewolves and humans more than anything. Don't get me wrong, we're not going to turn away vampires, but we're currently light on those two. Preternatural task force officers, and nearly all the pack positions are open. If there's something you're interested in feel free to ask! Also, here's a link to the group site!

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/BloodAndSalvation/
We're also working on a wiki for the game here... Blood and Salvation Wiki (be gentle with your critiques lol it's still under construction)

LunarSage

Fair warning about using canon characters... apparently LKH has been very vocal about people using her characters for fanfic.  She doesn't like it and will not hesitate to contact her lawyers if she finds out about it. 

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

bandit

Just one more reason to be original! Thanks for the heads up though!

LunarSage

bandit

Lunar, I'd point out that we could use a few males in the game ;)

LunarSage

I'd be interested but I already play 9 characters in E's other Anita Blake game, UTBLOV (which you're welcome to check out as well).  :-)

I'm pretty swamped with writing at the moment, heh.

wolventears

I myself read up until Micah, which it got a bit ridiculous and couldn't keep me interested after that. But I would love to play a werewolf. If you can pm me info on it, that would be awesome, and maybe a little reminder of how it is. It's been awhile since I've read the series.
In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

My yes please and not so much. ;)
And if you'd ever like to know why I was away for awhile

rhev

I've only read 2 or 3 of the Anita Blake novels, so I'm not super familiar with the characters, but I am with the setting.  If you need another player, I'm interested.

bandit

I'll try to get info to everyone here shortly, thanks for the interest!

lenka

I haven't yet read Anita Blake, but I am curious if you would be expanding on the subject for others like myself that don't know the background. I am currently reading the Merry Gentry novels..guessing it might be similar?

I would be interested in playing a shifter/werewolf...would love a head's up on the story.

Len

LunarSage

Hey, let me know when this game has more info.  I'll definitely tell the other players of UTBLOV about this.  There are folks in that game who can't get enough Anitaverse, after all and may want to play both.

bandit

More info sent, glad I'm getting a good response guys and again if you have any questions at all, just ask!

bandit

Just wanted to point out that we have a new wiki that's a little easier to navigate. Check it out, join, have fun!

LunarSage

LunarSage

Just as an FYI, I think you're supposed to put a game in the non forum RP request section if the game's not going to take place here.

I would have probably played if the game were on E.

bandit

I wasn't entirely sure where to put the request. I actually have a mirror of this request in the non-forum board.