Finding a Good Man

Started by Diabolus Lupus, February 18, 2009, 06:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diabolus Lupus

this might move, maybe

New Orleans, present day

Tabitha scowled as she walked down Ursulines Street with her cousin, Max. They were new to the Big Easy, and like most of their kind their first stop was Sanctuary Bar, owned by a clan of bears. The two Kattalakis cousins made a strange pair, at least to their kind. It wasn't often that a dragon and wolf strode down the street together like friends. Knowing the bear clan, they would have an uneasy welcome at the bar, even though they were both katagaria

The pair walked through the door of the bar, and right on cue came a growl from the bouncer. Tabitha turned her gaze on the bear. "Can it Peltier. We're only here for a drink or two." She didn't wait to hear a response from the bear as she made her way to the bar. Her black jeans, biker boots, and black tank top, showing off her lithe form drew the gazes of many of the male patrons. She ignored the stares as she ordered a drink. "Something with out human hair." She said to the hawk behind the bar.

Drako

Max remained silent, only passing the bouncer bear a glare as he followed Tabitha into the bar. It reeked of bear with subtler scents of wolf and hawk. He was fairly certain that he also caught the faintest hint of dragon as well. "Five shots of Jack Daniels" Max said as he leaned back against the bar. He sat two stools down from his cousin and scanned the bar's crowd. He tipped the first back with barely a thought before his eyes caught sight of a rather attractive female waitress.

She was obviously a bear, probably the bear's only daughter, Aimee.

Diabolus Lupus

Tabitha looked around the bar as the bartender got her drink. It was obvious that this place had a variety of clientele at least from what she could smell. Most of the scents were rather heavy like the bears and humans that made up the majority of the building's occupants, while others were more subtler like jackal and dragon. If she wasn't mistaken, she also caught the scent of her lykos cousins Vane and Fury, although they weren't strong like the wolves hadn't visited in a while.

She looked over at her cousin. "Hey, Max, are you smelling what I am?"

Drako

"Depends on what you're smelling, Tabby" Max said as his eyes followed the rather beautiful bear-swan. Who ever claimed her would definitely be lucky. Max had no wish to fight with the Peltier males over the swan's choice of bed mates.

"I smell many things here. Some of which I wish I couldn't smell." He downed two more shots in quick succession.

Diabolus Lupus

Tabitha moved down the bar so that she could talk to him easier and without being overheard. "I smell another dragon. You know as well I that dragon's spend as little time in this period as possible." She briefly followed her cousin's gaze towards the bear swan. "And you might want to watch where your eyes wander. I've heard that these bears are rather protective of their only daughter." She nods for another drink after knocking back the first one.

Drako

"The dragon doesn't come down much and I know what you mean. I have no intention of chasing that particular swan." Max downed his last two shots, loving the slight burn of alcohol sliding down his throat. "I might live dangerously but I'm not suicidal as a rule."

"You can ask the Peltiers about their guest but I have no real interest in the affairs of dragons."

Diabolus Lupus

Tabitha gave her cousin an unamused look. "You might not care about our affairs, but I would think you'd be intrigued by a dragon being here."

She gestured for the bar tender to come over so she could ask about the dragon she smelled.

Drako

"Why are you here then?" Max asked. "You're a dragon." Max thought about ordering some more whiskey and a bowl of gumbo.

Diabolus Lupus

"It was as good a place to go as any." Tabitha responded with a shrug. "Plus I heard cajun cooking is some of the best. And I said as little time as possible, lunch is hardly all that much time."

When the bartender finally came over she asked him about the dragon and received a shrug. Apparently, no one but the dragon and Mama Bear knew why he was there. So she ordered some gumbo and decided she'd pay a visit to the dragon before leaving the city.

Drako

"Go talk to Mama Bear" Max said before placing his own order for gumbo as well getting a full bottle of whiskey. Might as well make a party of it. "She'll most likely let you up to see the dragon or call the dragon down to talk to you."

Diabolus Lupus

Tabitha gave him another annoyed look. "Really?" She said sarcastically. "I never would've thought to do that. I at least want to eat some good food before I face possible bodily harm." she wondered sometimes why she traveled with her cousin. The wolf was such an ass sometimes. "Maybe you should see about finding a good lay, before we leave here."

Drako

"Nothing worth the effort here" Max said. "Air heads, geeks, those already hooked up and whores. I'm in the mood for something that actually knows what I am and will give me a good ride."

Diabolus Lupus

Tabitha looked around the bar, noticing the multitude of guys looking her over and had to share her cousin's sentiment. "Is it just me, or does it seem like this time lacks decent people to hook up with?" Maybe their next stop should be somewhere where there were more of their kind that were unmated.

Drako

"I've noticed it too. Considering most of those like us here are unmated as well, speaks for that sentiment" Max said grinning from ear to ear as his bowl of gumbo was set before him. "Unless you're in the mood for bear, Tab, or the dragon upstairs, I doubt you'll find anything worth your time in here."

Diabolus Lupus

Tabitha rolled her eyes. Like she'd ever sleep with a bear. "Max, I'd have to be desperate to go for bear and for all I know the other dragon here's some kind of crazy." She just about drooled at the scent of the gumbo set before her. She dug in. "After this, I'm gonna go find Mama Bear and see about the dragon, and maybe rooms if we want to stay here tonight."

Drako

"Which ever works for you" Max said around a bite of gumbo. "I'm just as cool sleeping in the woods."

Diabolus Lupus

Tabitha shrugged. "I'm not opposed to roughing it. I can at least figure out where a good camping spot is." She downed the gumbo rather quickly and pushed the bowl back when she was finished. "If you want to rough it, give me a little bit to find out about a good camping spot."

Drako

"You can ask Mama about rooms" Max said as he took another bite. "I'm just not too concerned if Mama doesn't want us sleeping in her house."

Diabolus Lupus

Tabitha nodded as she slid from her stool and began asking around for the infamous, or famous depending on who you asked, Mama Lo, head of the Peltier clan. After a few minutes, she found the older bearswan in the back office area. For running a sanctuary, the bear was rather cold, but Tabitha shrugged it off. She asked the bear matriarch about the dragon the resided there and was told that it would be the dragon's choice to see her. She shrugged and asked about a couple of rooms for the night. Surprisingly the woman agreed to give the two of them rooms for the night.

Drako

Max stayed at the bar enjoying his bottle of whiskey, downed in many shots so the human patrons didn't think was completely crazy. Crazy wasn't the most appropriate term any ways. He was a warrior that had seen more than his fair share of battle, taken down many an Arcadian Sentinel as well.

Though he looked, he doubted he'd ever find his mate. He'd been around enough to watch his litter mates find their mates as well as many in his home pack. Born of the third generation of Kattalakis wolves, his true age was almost that of his race. With his time hopping, he only looked to be in his 20's though. He was powerful wolf, but not one willing to join another pack so he could sit back and watch everyone else find mates. He knew he had cousins living in this time, near this city in fact. They were probably mated.

Tabitha was the only family he could really stand to be around. Since they'd joined forces, they'd saved each other's tail many a time. They were too close on the family tree, even if she was a dragon, for him to even think about sleeping with her. Thus he was stuck waiting for his cousin's return and ignoring air heads wanting to bed him.