News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

Quote from: gavlois1 on June 30, 2012, 04:37:45 PM
Once you pick it up yourself there isn't any way to transfer it to a teammate. Of course, you can always get yourself killed, give it to the enemy and have your teammate go and kill the one that took it...

This is accurate.  Once you pick up a monster buff, you cannot give it to another teammate (directly).

Chris Brady

Could people PM me their names?  I want to make you all friends.  >.>
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Gavlois

Well seeing as I can't use PM yet, my summoner name is Magios. You can add m if you'd like. I'm a level 24 that isn't all the great of a player, but I'm not that bad either.
O/O

Nazz

An LoL thread? Count me in. Like above, I happen to be level 24 with a moderate amount of skill with Katarina and almost no normal wins because my group of friends always roped me into doing bot games. That, and I always find a way to lose normals when I think I can deviate from using Kat...

Add "iNazz" on the North American server, and we could play sometime.
- - - - - - -
- - - - - - Ons 'n Offs - - - - - -
- - - Nazz's Storyboard (Requests) - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(( Currently back in college. Stuff's gonna be a lot slower from me! ))

Gavlois

Quote from: Nazz on July 02, 2012, 02:24:41 AM
An LoL thread? Count me in. Like above, I happen to be level 24 with a moderate amount of skill with Katarina and almost no normal wins because my group of friends always roped me into doing bot games. That, and I always find a way to lose normals when I think I can deviate from using Kat...

Add "iNazz" on the North American server, and we could play sometime.

Hey there Nazz nice to meet you. I may just take you up on your offer.  ;D
Playing bot games are good to try out new champs and figure out item and skill orders, but that's really the limit. The only way to get better is to play real games. I got my account to about level 15 around half a year after the game came out, and I quit because I hated MOBAs, but I came back earlier this year and start playing. I prefer to play tanks, mostly Alistar and Mundo, but I can play a few AP and AD carries too.
O/O

Brandon

There are quite a few advantages to bot games. I mostly play intermediates myself for a few reasons. The first being that there's no drama if someone gives away first blood, no accusations of feeding, no reports if you have a bad or just ok game, and generally no drama to put up with. Secondly you can be unconventional and get away from the meta. You can run 5 carries or try a crazy build and nobody cares. Thirdly they just tend to be more laid back and fun for me

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Shjade

AI games have their pros and cons. On the upside, they count for first win of the day bonus, they tend to be fast (25 minutes or less most of the time), and you can pick pretty much whatever you want and still win if you know what you're doing.

On the downside, bots are still way too easy to exploit and kill, even if you're trying to play fair against them, which makes AI games feel very, very easy after not long at all. A lot of champions can wreck AI teams so hard that they can literally 1v5 the bot team by the twenty minute mark (Mordekaiser comes to mind). It makes AI games pretty unsatisfying if you want a challenge.

I tend to do one a day for the IP bonus, but after that it's all ARAM all the time.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Zaakmaal

Wow, there is a LoL thread on E and it took me this long to find it. My main characters are Karma (Yes, the chick with the fans.), Ezreal, Morgana, and Dr. Mundo.

Karma is by far my favorite champ in the game. I play her as an AP carry. It is scary how effective she can be if played correctly. All of her abilities are area nukes. Her spirit bond has a 0.9 AP ratio that almost no one takes advantage of. Her shield/nuke has a 0.8 ratio. She passively gains AP as she looses health. She gets her ult at lvl 1. What's not to love? (Besides her Q. I laugh at the noob Karma fan spammers.) I prefer to take her solo top, but I can also solo mid with her.

At this point,I don't do bot games unless I just need a quick first win. PM me if you want to play.

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 02, 2012, 09:46:28 AM
AI games have their pros and cons. On the upside, they count for first win of the day bonus, they tend to be fast (25 minutes or less most of the time), and you can pick pretty much whatever you want and still win if you know what you're doing.

On the downside, bots are still way too easy to exploit and kill, even if you're trying to play fair against them, which makes AI games feel very, very easy after not long at all. A lot of champions can wreck AI teams so hard that they can literally 1v5 the bot team by the twenty minute mark (Mordekaiser comes to mind). It makes AI games pretty unsatisfying if you want a challenge.

I tend to do one a day for the IP bonus, but after that it's all ARAM all the time.

I like either, but I've been playing bot games since rejoining to get back in the hang of things.  I just don't like PUGing PvP games.  If I have people to play with who aren't going to pitch a shitter because I am not the hardcore player they want everyone to be then I'd be happy to play with them.

Gavlois

Yeah I'll agree that there are pros and cons to both, with the drama part being the best. PUGing is really bad sometimes. A group of 4 of us had an empty slot, and  so we had to PUG with a fifth person, who turned out to be a real drama queen. He bashed on us and my friends, even though he doesn't have nearly as many wins, and he stole kills most of the game as Lux, and bashed on the carry for having no kills. It was a bad game for us overall in general, but he bashed on everyone including the enemy team.
O/O

Chris Brady

The only reason I am going to be so low level is because I refuse to PuG.  I've had too many bad experiences with it in WoW to even think of trying it in a community known for its toxicity.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 02, 2012, 04:04:32 PM
The only reason I am going to be so low level is because I refuse to PuG.  I've had too many bad experiences with it in WoW to even think of trying it in a community known for its toxicity.

Level has little to do with gameplay, I've seen.  A level 1 can still stomp a level 30 if the skill is right.  Being low level isn't going to mean that much, so don't worry about it.

SinXAzgard21

all being level 30 means is you have a slights advantage early game with runes that is it, but even that small boost means jack diddly with out skill.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 02, 2012, 04:10:55 PM
all being level 30 means is you have a slights advantage early game with runes that is it, but even that small boost means jack diddly with out skill.

Pretty much.  You might be locked out of some of the summoner spells for a bit, but again, they don't make or break a game. 

Gavlois

The level of the account can show only the amount of time spent playing on that account. You could be level 5 and have the skill of a level 30, or a level 30 and have the skill level of a beginner bot.

On an unrelated note, there is a new rp in the Non-Adult Roleplay forum called "High School Blitz" that is currently looking for people to participate. It needs another 3 people or so to get it going.
O/O

Chris Brady

It's mostly the talent sheets I wonder about.  But OK.  I still will be low level because I refuse to simply PuG.

Nazz

I tend to get kicked in custom games because I'm not level 30. Why? No idea. Apparently a lot of people disagree that your level indicates your skill. A large percentage of ARAM games I see are for 30+. If it's not because you don't have skill, it's probably because people want to have more players with many champions.

Since reaching level 20 I've put aside IP for runes and such. Since I'm not the best strategist and more of an improviser in terms of MOBAs, I like to go and search for other people's pre-made builds and cheat-sheets to use, and found more of the top-rated ones to actually be helpful. My only problem about those are I have yet to learn all of my situational items.

My favorite champs are AP Carry/Assassin Katarina, Nuke Annie, AD Assassin Talon, and Support Sona. Fun times to be had with Kat...
- - - - - - -
- - - - - - Ons 'n Offs - - - - - -
- - - Nazz's Storyboard (Requests) - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(( Currently back in college. Stuff's gonna be a lot slower from me! ))

Shjade

Quote from: Nazz on July 02, 2012, 06:58:39 PM
I tend to get kicked in custom games because I'm not level 30. Why? No idea. Apparently a lot of people disagree that your level indicates your skill. A large percentage of ARAM games I see are for 30+. If it's not because you don't have skill, it's probably because people want to have more players with many champions.

It's because until you are level 30 you can't have maxed out runes, masteries, and access to all the summoner spells. Runes may give the most noticeable advantage only in the early game, but masteries can be a big deal throughout a game, and not having access to some of the better summoner spells (coughFlashcough) is also a significant hindrance.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on July 02, 2012, 04:15:13 PM
Pretty much.  You might be locked out of some of the summoner spells for a bit, but again, they don't make or break a game. 

Though seeing after seeing and reading about barrier... I'm not sure.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

Barrier's probably going to get a nerf to its cooldown in the near future.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

This is the first I'm hearing about barrier?  What does it do?

Cybrewaste

Quote from: Ryven on July 03, 2012, 08:27:14 AM
This is the first I'm hearing about barrier?  What does it do?

Barrier is a summoner spell only available in the new (edited) Proving Grounds map primarily used for custom All Random matches. It's a shield that protects you from an amount of damage depending on your level, ranging from 125 @ level 1 and increasing by intervals of 25 until level 18 where it shields for 550.
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Ryven

Ahh, I see.  I can see where that might get annoying, especially if the cooldown was too short for it.

Shjade

Yeah, you basically have a pocket Janna on ANY champion with it, which means pretty much anyone can turret-dive whenever they feel like it. I tried a barrier/heal combo on Ashe and barrier/exhaust on Vayne. It was pretty ridiculous both ways. Squishy ranged AD carries giving zero fucks about your turret for a couple of seconds because, dammit, I want that kill.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 03, 2012, 12:14:35 PM
Yeah, you basically have a pocket Janna on ANY champion with it, which means pretty much anyone can turret-dive whenever they feel like it. I tried a barrier/heal combo on Ashe and barrier/exhaust on Vayne. It was pretty ridiculous both ways. Squishy ranged AD carries giving zero fucks about your turret for a couple of seconds because, dammit, I want that kill.

A good fix for that would be to either have the barrier not absorb damage from turrets or to have turrets to an increased damage to the shield.  That would take care of the problem.  They could still turret dive with the second option, but they would need to think a little more rather than getting a free pass to go within range of one.