The Mamalian Slave Trade - sci-fi exotic, NC/EX - need Reptiles AND slaves!

Started by Chrystal, December 05, 2011, 05:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

It is the twenty fourth century. Humanity has reached the stars and colonised several other worlds. In the process, we have encountered a variety of other space faring races. Some have proved allies, others enemies and others simply want nothing to do with us. Of course we have fought a few wars, won most of them but lost others.

One of the wars we lost was fought against the reptiloids and their allies the insectoids. This resulted in a large volume of Human colonised space being ceded to the aliens. Most of the colonists were evacuated, but a few worlds were either overlooked, or were too deep in the surrendered territory to reach in time.

These lost colonies are officially under the protection of the Reptiloid and insectoid governments.

However, there is a race far worse than either of these two. A race that is actually in the category (so far) of "wants nothing to do with us". This race tend to keep very much to themselves and occupy a few planets off to one side of where the insectoids are. They are terrifying but thankfully not very abundant.

Now, the insectoids are the most terrified of this other race and will do anything to keep them at bay, including sacrificing slaves to them. The reptiloids are less concerned, being further away, but they do like to have some slaves of their own to abuse and make do all the dirty work.

And so, obviously, there are slave raiders who periodically attack the "lost mammalian colonies", taking the strong, young and attractive.

A slave ship crewed by a mix of lizards and bugs has recently raided one of the lost worlds and is transporting a cargo of slaves back to market to be sold.

The worst fate a slave can have is to not be bought at market, because those that are not are usually given to the bugs to be sent as sacrifices to the Arachnoids...

You do NOT want to end up like this:

Well, I dunno, I suppose, if that's your thing, you might, but it's a pretty nasty way to die, being eaten alive from the inside by a swarm of newly hatched arachnoid young!

So, the object of the exercise, for the slaves, is to make sure they get bought by someone, or better yet, kept on board the ship by one of the crew.... (unless you want to be impregnated by giant spiders of course...)

The setting:

On board the Reptilian pirate/slave ship.

The races:

Sample images to give you the idea of what I'm after here. Obviously feel free to find an image that best suits your character.

By the way, if any of them don't show up for you, please let me know.

Warm Blooded: (slaves)
Human (obviously)
Felinid (cat)
Canid (dog)
Ursid (bear)
Mustilid (otter)
Sciurid (squirrel)

Cold Blooded (crew)
Reptiloid (lizard)
Insectoid (bug)
Cephalopoid (Tentacle monster - octopus)
Arachnoid (Spider)

Note: No Futa or hermaphrodites please.

Also, I'd rather not have "Nekos" - basically humans with animal ears and tails for those who don't know. The reason being that this implies cross-breeding between humans and aliens, which I already said won't happen.

Player characters can be any of the above races, however I would suggest limiting to one of each "blood". Note that the warm blooded creatures are all slaves and the cold blooded are all crew. I would also recommend NOT being a spider as the mere presence of one on board will drive the insects mad with fear! A Ceph could be present as one would be useful as a ships engineer

Mating between the various species IS allowed, but will not result in pregnancy. However, the laying of eggs by a cold blooded character inside the womb of a warm blooded character for purposes of incubating them is allowed. Note that only a Ceph can do this without mating with it's own species first!

To clarify this slightly:

Quote from: Chrystal on December 06, 2011, 01:05:43 PM
A cold blooded creature that lays eggs - an insect, arachnid, squid or reptile, may lay those eggs in any desired orifice of a warm blood. But for the eggs to hatch they must first have been firtilised by a male of the cold blood's own species.

NOTE: this does not have to be a player character, it can be a NPC or could have happened weeks ago (in the case of the insects and spiders).  The Cephalopods are sex-less and capable of fertilizing their own eggs.

Okay, so, the ship itself is a Reptilian light cruiser, left over from the war, with a lot (but not all) it's weapons removed. The crew needed to fly it is actually a lot less that a regular navy compliment and so all the crews quarters have been converted into slave pens, with the crew occupying the officers' quarters.

I might post a deck plan of the ship, but I might not. If I do, it means people have to conform to that plan. If I don't, it means there may be inconsistency in the story. Both options have merits and disadvantages. I'm open to suggestions.

Crew are allowed to take as many slaves as they want and do whatever they want to them.

IMPORTANT NOTE

Non-consent applies to the character not the player. If your character objects to something being done to her, that's tough! If YOU object, then tell the other player or tell me, or both. Character sheets will have "Player sexual preference" and "Character sexual preference". If the player says they only want male characters, then no female characters may touch them. If the player says they only want female players then no male players may touch them. I know this seems limiting, but believe me it's for the best, and saves arguments.

Character sexual preference can be completely independent of player preference.

Sexual encounters between slaves are permitted, but are subject to interruption by the crew. Sexual encounters between crew members are also permitted, but with all those slaves to abuse, why would you want to - except to fertilise some eggs...

Crew positions:

Captain, (Reserved)
Pilot, (Taken)
Engineer, (Taken)
Scan, (Taken)
Cargo, (Taken)
Weapons, (Taken)
Cook.

If we need any more I will add them, unless players who want to be crew can think of them. If you want to be the captain you had better give me a really good reason! I will be the cargo officer, purely because it's my show and I can! (Evil cackle).

Players are allowed TWO characters at most - this is not mandatory. You are welcome to have only one. If you have two, I would prefer it if you had one of each.

Character Sheet:

Select and copy the code below, then paste it into a PM addressed to me.

Replace the sample text with your character's details.

[float=right][img height=300 padding=10]http://www.designersnexus.com/images/free-croquis/female/female-fashion-figure-croqui-044-preview.jpg[/img][/float]
[b]Player Name:[/b] [i]Your login name[/i]
[b]Player sexual preference for this character:[/b] [i]Male or female, or no preference.[/i]

[b]Name:[/b] [i]character name[/i]
[b]Species: [/b] [i]What species they are - also determines slave or crew[/i]
[b]Gender:[/b] [i]M or F - no futa or herm please.[/i]
[b]Sexuality:[/b] [i]Gay/straight/bi. Note can be different from player preference.[/i]

[b]Age:[/b] [i]See notes below re species life-spans[/i]
[b]Height:[/b] [i]See notes below[/i]
[b]Weight:[/b] [i]See notes below[/i]

[b]Job:[/b] [i]If crew, position on the ship. If slave, what they did before being captured.[/i]

[b]Personality:[/b] [i]I see no reason why aliens should not have the same sort of personalities as humans. Please type a decent sized paragraph. Not War and Peace, but at least two lines.[/i]

[b]Brief history:[/b] [i]How did they get where they are? What did they do before? For crew, why are they on the ship? For slaves, how did they get caught? Be creative. If I don't like what you write I will say. Again, please type at least one decent sized paragraph[/i]

[b]Reproduction details (crew only):[/b] [i]If female, how many eggs will she lay, how long will they take to incubate, what changes will happen while they incubate and how will they hatch and/or emerge from the host? If male, well, you work it out...[/i]

Unedited, the code will look like this:

Player Name: Your login name
Player sexual preference for this character: Male or female, or no preference.

Name: character name
Species: What species they are - also determines slave or crew
Sexuality: Gay/straight/bi. Note can be different from player preference.

Height: See notes below
Weight: See notes below

Job: If crew, position on the ship. If slave, what they did before being captured.

Personality: I see no reason why aliens should not have the same sort of personalities as humans. Please type a decent sized paragraph. Not War and Peace, but at least two lines.

Brief history: How did they get where they are? What did they do before? For crew, why are they on the ship? For slaves, how did they get caught? Be creative. If I don't like what you write I will say. Again, please type at least one decent sized paragraph

Reproduction details (crew only): If female, how many eggs will she lay, how long will they take to incubate, what changes will happen while they incubate and how will they hatch and/or emerge from the host? If male, well, you work it out...

Details for species:

Species Age range height range weight range
Human (baseline) 16 - 35 5' - 6'6" (152 cm - 198 cm) 84 lbs - 224 lbs (38 kg - 101 kg)
Cat 16 - 30 4'6 - 5'10" (137 cm - 178 cm) 62 lbs - 163 lbs (28 kg - 74 kg)
Dog 18 - 35 5'4" - 7' (162 - 213 cm) 80 -190 lbs (36 - 86 kg)
Bear 21 - 50 5'6" - 7' (167 cm - 213 cm) 154 lbs - 280 lbs (69 kg - 127 kg)
Otter 17- 40 5'6" - 7' (167 cm - 213 cm) 62 lbs - 163 lbs (28 kg - 74 kg)
Squirrel 16 - 49 4'6 - 5'10" (137 cm - 178 cm) 84 lbs - 224 lbs (38 kg - 101 kg)
Lizard 25 - 80 5'6" - 9' (168 -274  cm) 180 - 450 lbs (81 - 204 kg)
Insect 75 - 123 3' - 5' (91 cm - 152 cm) 35 lbs - 92 lbs (15 kg - 41 kg)
Squid 25 - 195 5' - 6'6" (152 cm - 198 cm) 154 lbs - 280 lbs (69 kg - 127 kg)
Spider 53 - 320 7' - 9" (213 cm - 274 cm) 62 lbs - 224 lbs (36 kg - 101 kg)

A note on age ranges:

The age ranges are the "attractive" age or "breeding" age for each species. This varies partly due to the longevity of the species concerned but also due to the length of the year of each species home planet.

Game Threads

Recruitment Thread - this one
OOC Thread
Character Thread
Game threads:
      Deck One
      Deck Two
      Deck Three
      The Rest Of The Universe

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Vaulera

Totally want in on this. Just a question though, can't impregnate a warm blooded until already mated with one of their own species? what does this mean exactly, cannot until mated with the same species, and then one of a different species?

BenedictWolfe

It means the eggs must first be fertilized before they are inserted into the womb of a warm blooded creature for incubation.
I think.

abandoneddolly

Vaulera

sweets

Faustus

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

VuurMeester

O&O

Chrystal

Quote from: Vaulera on December 05, 2011, 08:23:21 PM
Totally want in on this. Just a question though, can't impregnate a warm blooded until already mated with one of their own species? what does this mean exactly, cannot until mated with the same species, and then one of a different species?
Quote from: BenedictWolfe on December 05, 2011, 09:01:32 PM
It means the eggs must first be fertilized before they are inserted into the womb of a warm blooded creature for incubation.
I think.

Absolutely correct! A cold blooded creature that lays eggs - an insect, arachnid or reptile, may lay those eggs in any desired orifice of a warm blood. But for the eggs to hatch they must first have been firtilised by a male of the cold blood's own species.

NOTE: this does not have to be a player character, it can be a NPC or could have happened weeks ago (in the case of the insects and spiders).  The Cephalopods are sex-less and capable of fertilizing their own eggs.

Wow! Never had such a huge interest right from the word go to one of my ideas.

I'll probably wait to the weekend before going into more detail, mostly because I will have more time but also it will give more people a chance to sign up.

Please keep an eye on the first post. I will add a new post to let people know if I've updated,  but additional info will be edited in there.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Outlier

Kirinis

This looks to be quite interesting, I'll toss my hat into the ring for this.

Chrystal

Welcome aboard, everyone who has replied so far.

I have updated the initial post with some more information. Please will everyone take a look at it and if you have any suggestions or comments either post them here or PM me.

No character sheets are up yet, because I want to wait a couple more days.

When I do post them, PLEASE PM your completed sheets to me rather than posting them here.

Thanks.

Chrystal

I recieved a question via PM which was a good one and reminded me that I had intended to put up some sample pictures.

I have a few questions about the races for slaves. Are the Felinid, Canid, etc essentially humans with ears and tails or more along the lines of a humanoid cat with fur all over the body?

The answer is the latter. (For those of us who do "furry", we are talking full anthro rather than Neko. If those terms mean nothing to you, don't worry!)

So, as per the newly posted sample pics, yes, humanoid cats, dogs, bears, otters and squirrels, with fur all over. The same applies to the cold bloods - the lizards have scales all over, the insects and arachnids have chitin, and the squids are total squiddy!

NOTE: The reason I'm disallowing "Neko" (half human, half furry) characters is because it implies some element of cross breeding, which I've already said won't happen.

Jarod1

I'm interested in this.  might have to fill out a character sheet later when I have some time.

Chrystal

I will get the charsheet blank up sometime this weekend.

Chrystal

Cool...

Character sheet is up in the first post along with data regarding the species statistics.

Please PM character sheets to me. As I approve them I will post them in a character thread (which I will open).

Chrystal

Kimera

I'm interested.

I might make a female cephalopod if that's still possible

Chrystal

Actually we could seriously use a few reptiles.... Otherwise I'll have to change the ownership of the ship. It's supposed to be a Rept cruiser...

But if you would like to make another ceph, that's ok. We already have one, male, so a female one would be interesting, (although Cephs are actually genderless and capable of fertilising themselves).

Trieste

Since there is no "like" button on Elliquiy, I'm just going to express my appreciation for this idea in pictures. I wish I had consistent time to write.

Chrystal

*grins* Thanks Trieste.

If you feel like pointing some people my way I would be even more grateful.

Outlier

Chrystal, you wouldn't happen to come across any god pictures for reptiles? Unless I snag a screenshot from Oblivion I can't seem to find very many pictures that work for me.

Dashenka

We meet again :P

Just to get my story straight, the reptilians are the slave traders and the mammals are the slaves?

Is there any particular 'breed' you still need?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Chrystal

Quote from: Outlier on December 18, 2011, 02:00:08 AM
Chrystal, you wouldn't happen to come across any god pictures for reptiles? Unless I snag a screenshot from Oblivion I can't seem to find very many pictures that work for me.

PM sent... hope at least one of them is useful?

Quote from: Dashenka on December 18, 2011, 04:52:58 AM
We meet again :P

Just to get my story straight, the reptilians are the slave traders and the mammals are the slaves?

Is there any particular 'breed' you still need?

Indeed. Hi Dashenka

Yes, the reptiles are the slave traders (along with the other cold-blooded races) and the mammals are the slaves.

I could use more reptiles. As for breed of reptile, I'm not especially concerned - whatever floats your boat, or matches the pic-base you find.

I am always happy to accept more slaves as well - the more the merrier when it comes to cargo... but the problem with having an imbalance is that some slaves may find themselves left out.