Chosen To Change

Started by SweetRevenge, April 25, 2013, 10:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetRevenge

CHAPTER ONE:

Open Gates

In the year 2015, mankind reaches the apex of their present evolution line. The birth of the next generation of evolution present themselves as people start developing special abilities; the opening of the spiritual gates. These presented themselves, at first, to the people who suffered most in the world. These were viewed as Prime Chosen, awarded powers and strengths that could rival gods. They did not all show up all at once, but a Chosen can feel the presence of energies from another Chosen, whether awakened to their reality and simply living a normal human life. A Chosen's strength is usually measured by how much suffering they have undergone, tragic pasts granting miracles to those who reached into the depths of their capabilities.

The powers given to these people were as varied and unique as the people on this world. Many had distinctive features to their powers, none quite matching them. Similarities were common among the rare few who possessed these unique features. Feared as black magic, witchcraft, devilry and such, people fear what they are not used to see. No one is used to see someone harnessing the elements to their will, nor are they used to transformations, psychic abilities and other amazing feats these people have claimed for themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a semi literate RP idea which has been floating in my mind. I have plans for it ahead, and keep in mind this is a superhero-based RP. Your characters are supposed to be people who saw the ugly side of life and how twisted the world is. However, they are granted amazing powers and eventually prompted with problems; another Chosen attacks after discovering about our character's existences, people fear and make it hard for the heroes to help them, something HUGE hits the city and they all save the day... Options are open, I'm open to ideas as well, but I simply want to say that we are given powers of gods and do not become gods ourselves. Our characters will need weaknesses, not necessarily known by the character himself. Idea is also possible for a one on one, but I like the idea of having a group of people with a variety of abilities.

SweetRevenge

Calling dibs on super speed and wind/electricity control! Oh, and the ability to materialize certain objects (that will have a list. Since those would have abilities of themselves >.>)

Graceful

Color me a dark maroon shade of intrigued. I'm thinking I'd like to play a woman who enjoys physically harming herself due to years of traumatic childhood abuse fostering a deep self-hatred, who's granted a suddenly perfect body, super-healing and almost-invulnerability (she can still be hurt or killed, but it would just about require destroying her brain). Either that, or maybe a cynically jaded ex-surgeon who can shapeshift between her normal human form, and that of a super strong and agile reptillian-human Hybird creature.