OS issues

Started by Tsenta, July 16, 2015, 05:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsenta

So recently I finally managed to save up and buy the parts to build a new PC, but I'm having trouble finding a site I trust to buy Windows 7 from digitally so I can just download and boot right up when I build my system tonight.

Anyone know any trusted software sites that aren't charging an arm and a leg for a digital copy of Windows 7 Professional?
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

The Dark Raven

I got mine from newegg.com.  Can't remember the price, though (and I got the hard-copy, not digital).

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Keiro

Quote from: Tsenta on July 16, 2015, 05:42:12 PM
So recently I finally managed to save up and buy the parts to build a new PC, but I'm having trouble finding a site I trust to buy Windows 7 from digitally so I can just download and boot right up when I build my system tonight.

Anyone know any trusted software sites that aren't charging an arm and a leg for a digital copy of Windows 7 Professional?

DigitalRiver is the only authorized Microsoft online distributor that can distribute ISOs of their OS.

However, you can purchase Windows licenses via Amazon, Newegg, etc. If you still need a copy, let me know.
Thoughts of a Deaf SysAdmin

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to...

Want to see my O/Os? Check My Roleplay Preferences. :3

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Keiro on August 07, 2015, 06:59:30 PM
DigitalRiver is the only authorized Microsoft online distributor that can distribute ISOs of their OS.

However, you can purchase Windows licenses via Amazon, Newegg, etc. If you still need a copy, let me know.

FYI:  Microsoft has the ISO on their website.  Looks like that download requires a key already.  Hard copies are still available on newegg and are not bootlegs, as they come with official MS keys (mine and my husband's both did and are legally valid keys per Microsoft).

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Keiro

Quote from: The Dark Raven on August 07, 2015, 08:06:16 PM
FYI:  Microsoft has the ISO on their website.  Looks like that download requires a key already.  Hard copies are still available on newegg and are not bootlegs, as they come with official MS keys (mine and my husband's both did and are legally valid keys per Microsoft).

That's why I said if you need a valid license key, one can purchase it from Newegg, Amazon, etc.

Or if you're fortunate enough, have someone who has an MSDN Subscription. I have such a subscription.

But yes. Those downloads from DigitalRiver require an existing license key.
Thoughts of a Deaf SysAdmin

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to...

Want to see my O/Os? Check My Roleplay Preferences. :3