Pathfinder Campaign (System Game)- Interest Check

Started by EvilBeast, July 15, 2013, 05:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

To bad I can't play a Godling but I have other ideas.

spooky

I am happy to play whatever is open, position wise. I feel like I've got ideas for about a million different characters and have yet to play most of them. So whether it be tank, caster, healer, sneak, skill keeper, or whatever..It would be my pleasure to fill any hole. ;)
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

RubySlippers

Well my ideas was human rogue jack of all trades a "mistress of nothing but can try anything roguish" and a half-orc bard/fighter with the fancy clothes and dashing do (and is actually good looking) thought that was different.

BraveEarth

I was thinking fresh faced Keleshite gunslinger.  I like the whole idea of being tied tl the traditional warrior imagery of your homeland while trying to learn a very foreign weapon. Plus playing off the greedy tendencies as culturally based but never as completely misguided evil appeals to me.

steelsmiter

Whereas I'm just a tribal girl looking for a little something special.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

EroticFantasyAuthor

Thinking a sorcerer with the serpentine bloodline.

Arander

Just out of curiosity, were there still openings for this game, or is it pretty much filled already?

Would love to get into some more pathfinder, and explore some classes and roles I've never utilized before.
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

On's & Off's

Ixy

Quote from: Arander on July 21, 2013, 12:57:42 PM
Just out of curiosity, were there still openings for this game, or is it pretty much filled already?

Would love to get into some more pathfinder, and explore some classes and roles I've never utilized before.

From what I can tell, the potential GM, EvilBeast, is still in the consideration stage and has asked for settings preferences, thematic suggestions, etc. and laid out some guidelines-- there will be an application process, it will be a system-based game, and though adult and sexual content may be themes, the game is not an 'erotic' game and will not use alternate rules for erotic content. 

Many seem to have taken this as an opportunity to throw out their "claim" of specific party-roles, but there have been few suggestions to help the GM shape a plotline, setting, thematic elements, etc.

EvilBeast:  If you are still looking for input, I would like to ask that magic be rare and levels be low-- although one of my favorite settings for DnD is Eberron, the omnipresence of magic and magic items tends to debilitate the value of PC skills and personalities.  I appreciate that the Pathfinder adventure paths are broadly developed, I have absolutely no interest in learning about the different nations, cultures, and histories of a hundred carbon-copy human nations.  I greatly prefer small-group settings that are remote/isolated in some way, allowing for characters to get to know each other... like the few adventurers of a remote forest village, a desert city, etc. 

Ideas, for anyone interested, or EvilBeast? Click to expand
I like the idea of a low-gold group of adventurers on the fringe of civilization.  Would you consider a campaign set in a tropical or island setting, or perhaps trapped in a Ravenloft-type dimension (devoid of the canon contrivances and silly "sanity" mechanic)?  Perhaps something likened more to ancient Egypt, with relatively low-tech and a number of dark cults competing with the state's dominant religion?

Here's a weird idea, and if you like it I can help develop it: Let's say the setting is a very remote island colony of a greater empire-- kind of like the Caribbean was during colonial times-- with outpost fortress and villages.  There are a variety of cultures in co-habitation, and some dark superstitions, or cults, begin to emerge.  They might be spirits or demons from the islands' ancient history, or an outside force-- a nation, a cult, etc-- but they work to isolate the islands (sinking ships via dark rites, kidnapping missionary clergy, etc.).  The party could be chosen to tackle the problem in a way that isn't outright military response, or they could be the only reasonable resources available... a small group with an infiltrator, scholar, etc.

I would love to roleplay someone from the clergy or an independent rogue/privateer whose skill set makes them an infiltrator into a dark cult, who is coerced into some terrible activities in an effort to bring down the cult, in turn finding herself torn between her mission and dark temptations..?

This could be way off-mark, just wanted to offer that idea.  Thanks for your time.

EvilBeast

Busy weekend, I'll respond more later, but Ixy has the right of it for the most part.

Snake

low magic also debilitates the power of anyone who wants to play a magic-centric class Ixy.

As for me I was considering a Druid.

EvilBeast

Quote from: Ixy on July 21, 2013, 02:26:19 PM
Many seem to have taken this as an opportunity to throw out their "claim" of specific party-roles, but there have been few suggestions to help the GM shape a plotline, setting, thematic elements, etc.
This, especially. I'm getting nothing more than character ideas that may or may not even mesh with the chosen campaign. I'm glad to see that there is an interest in this system, but until the campaign is chosen, please hold off on character ideas. It's not helping me decided anything at all, and is going to do nothing but confuse the fuck out of me.

Quote from: Ixy
EvilBeast:  If you are still looking for input, I would like to ask that magic be rare and levels be low-- although one of my favorite settings for DnD is Eberron, the omnipresence of magic and magic items tends to debilitate the value of PC skills and personalities.  I appreciate that the Pathfinder adventure paths are broadly developed, I have absolutely no interest in learning about the different nations, cultures, and histories of a hundred carbon-copy human nations.  I greatly prefer small-group settings that are remote/isolated in some way, allowing for characters to get to know each other... like the few adventurers of a remote forest village, a desert city, etc.
I've not run an Eberron campaign, and really do not feel like converting the world (though I do like it). If I chose a campaign setting, it will either be Golarion or Greyhawk. The group will be small, and I do like isolation and remote, so do not worry about having to read pages upon pages of this, that, whichever and whatnot. I may run a world of my own, working it out as we go on. (i have reams of notes of bare-bone ideas that would work nicely). Even if set in Golarion, I'll provide only that information that I feel you "need to know" in order to get by.

Quote from: Ixy
Ideas, for anyone interested, or EvilBeast? Click to expand

Here's a weird idea, and if you like it I can help develop it: Let's say the setting is a very remote island colony of a greater empire-- kind of like the Caribbean was during colonial times-- with outpost fortress and villages.  There are a variety of cultures in co-habitation, and some dark superstitions, or cults, begin to emerge.  They might be spirits or demons from the islands' ancient history, or an outside force-- a nation, a cult, etc-- but they work to isolate the islands (sinking ships via dark rites, kidnapping missionary clergy, etc.).  The party could be chosen to tackle the problem in a way that isn't outright military response, or they could be the only reasonable resources available... a small group with an infiltrator, scholar, etc.

I would love to roleplay someone from the clergy or an independent rogue/privateer whose skill set makes them an infiltrator into a dark cult, who is coerced into some terrible activities in an effort to bring down the cult, in turn finding herself torn between her mission and dark temptations..?
This is actually something I'm leaning toward, kind of a stripped down Savage Tide campaign without the "save the world" plot.

BraveEarth

I vote for Golarion simply due to me not having any knowledge of Greyhawk...

Ixy

Quote from: Snake on July 22, 2013, 02:15:34 PM
low magic also debilitates the power of anyone who wants to play a magic-centric class Ixy.

As for me I was considering a Druid.

I have to disagree-- there are still magic classes, but they're rare-- unlike Eberron where you can buy magic at 7-11 out of a vending machine (powered by magic).  :)

BraveEarth

Yeah low magic hurts non magic classes the most becuase of the system beint built around the assumption of magical gear

NicciKotor

I had a insane idea of a game where it was essentially using pathfinder in a unique space pirates theme. That the crew of vagabond, scallywags, and rapists had a bad hyperspace jump and crash landed on the typical fantasy world with magic and elves and all of that jazz. The trick is to customize the rules a tad to make the pathfinder classes to work with the space pirate gang.

Simple things like changing the name of armors and weapons, and any magical weapon/armor enhancements are just some high tech jargon like Vibroblade or Plasma Cutter. The gunslinger itself as a class can be easily modified, along with the fighter class and having a space pirate just be really good with a light sabre equivalent. The Rogue class can be done with this as well, just modifying the rogue talents and picking ones that make sense.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

RubySlippers

Quote from: BraveEarth on July 22, 2013, 08:11:52 PM
Yeah low magic hurts non magic classes the most becuase of the system beint built around the assumption of magical gear

Why would that be an issue the bad guys also don't have all that magic gear either?

Ershin

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 22, 2013, 08:45:37 PM
Why would that be an issue the bad guys also don't have all that magic gear either?
Enemies with DR/magic (for example, others such as fire etc still apply) become almost impossible to hurt, they'll resist damage from your puny whacking sticks, fights tend to drag out and more casualties are made as a result. Of course a good DM will know to use less or none of this type of enemy, but even "normal" monsters have great advantages over your fighter on the street, who's now denied thing like brooms of flight, a belt to increase his strength to hit easier and do more damage, magic armour to make him get hit less often and so take more damage, etc.

Long story short, martial characters need magic items, the majority of monsters don't. It's why the 3.5 Vow of Poverty was terrible for everyone except Druids (total and utter trap for Monks).

steelsmiter

and don't forget certain versions of a certain CR 26 monster (which they took the kill requirement out for Pathfinder IIRC).
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

EvilBeast

And now this thread is completely derailed. I'm going to close it until I have something to actually recruit for. So interest has been garnered in the system, but little to no input has been given on what kind of game to play.

When I'm ready, I'll start a new thread. I think this one is done.