Last Hope -Mecha Survival RP 3/7 might be 4/7 (1M/2F)

Started by 45dragoons, September 14, 2015, 12:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

45dragoons

Okay i am seeking players to 7 in all for a mech based survival role-play.  I will put up a description soon of what it will be about but for now mostly its mechs and humanoid people vs an alien race.   i don't mind if you want to say your a genetically alter raccoon that walks and talks that's fine. But i would like a basic template for people to use for players and mechs and i will explain the creatures we will be fighting/ trying to finish off. but i will slowly post the story up over time so every one will understand whats happening. Most basic we 7 are the last of 50 mech pilots sent when this alien race attacked.  we are cut off from earth, we will be rping on a lush mars, that still has some desert to it. the machines will all be named after the pieces in chess this will be explained in the description of the roleplay.
The year is 3127, we humans have been turning mars into another earth for the last 500 years. We also created machines called SHELLS for war and construction. Of course you're not reading this to know why we are here... you're wondering if we survived the Crash... Well about 2 years ago on mars every military base was hit at the same time. All communications had been cut off to earth. Because even with the technology we have it still takes time to travel in space. The last thing i remember was Me and a crew of earth's more renowned SHELL pilots all left earth heading to mars to find out what had happened. Well, just as we entered the atmosphere something hit us and hit us hard. I blacked out and awoke to a scene the would put a foul taste in any person's mouth. Only 9 people lived through the crash. And all the Shells, most of them either damaged or missing parts, like something had eaten them or tore them apart. Me and the 8 others had to band together to get some of these mechs even working again. The pilot of the ship had an Ape known as Chubs the mechanic for the ship who helped us with many repairs, he said he saw some thing like a metallic creature attacking the mechs while every one was out cold. He didn't know what it was. Well it wouldn't be long after every one got a somewhat decent working Shell in half percent working compacity when we got ambushed.. one of the survivors was attacked in her mech these creature had parts of Shells on them and were attacking us with Shell weapons. I shot one and the beasts scattered, the one I shot Bled black sludge. after we set up a perimeter and the thing was dead we all noticed one thing. this creature was a machine. Not too far off from what a Shell looked like. In fact this one has pieces of my Personal shell on it and once we cut it open other Shell parts in it. All that was left of my personal belonging was a chess set with half the pieces missing. But that's where i came up with the name for these creatures... After about 4 weeks of scouting the wreck of the ship and from some tree tops I started to name classes of these machines after the pieces of chess... The pawns, Slow and sluggish humanoid shaped no bigger then 10 feet tall. they are often lead by a Rook, the brutes of these machines they assimilated with parts of Shells, they are armed for war they are about 75 tons of pure machinery with loaded guns. The Knights these sneaky machine will often lay traps and are the about the size of a light Shell only weighing in at 25 tons, they look like beasts and animals from earth. They are easy to kill but bleed a reddish maroon lubricant that actually is surprisingly good for Shells. Making use as a group often hunting down one or two of these to keep our Machine able to fight back.

Now the bishops they seem to actually have a mind about them most of these beast will follow a bishop as it gives commands and most often they have some sort of plasma weapon on them that really works well. got my Shell one but it over heats after two shots. But bishops also answer to this Large one I've come to know as the queen. when a queens around these creature act like a hive mind. we have always had to run when we see a queen. the thing looked like a dragon on steroids must weight at least 200 to 300 tons. The king rides on the queen, this machine there some thing eerie about them. The heads are much like a humans. Well this is all we have for you as of now... Right now the odds are against us, but if we ever hope to live and return home... or last hope lies in getting to a spaceship, but will there be one left? 7 Shells, and 8 saviors... mars used to be lush with human life, is there any one alive now?

Charater template
[img]image for faceclaim[/img]

[b]First Name:[/b] (first name goes here)
[b]Last Name: [/b](last name)

[b]Race:[/b] (your race)
[b]Gender:[/b] (male, female or both?)
[b]Age:[/b] (some races can be older than others)
[b]Height:[/b] (in feet and inches)
[b]Weight:[/b] (in pounds)
[b]Birthday:[/b] (just the month and day)
[b]Relationships:[/b] (family? cousins?)

[b]Province:[/b] (name of a town you’re from) 
[b]Specialization:[/b] (What kind of things you can do. like what Shell class are you best at using? what kind of stuff do you do in spare time that's beneficial??)

[b]Memory before and just after the crash:[/b] (give use a brief intro to what your character was thinking and just after the crash what was there thoughts.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (not rightly needed but i would like to know if your characters a loose cannon or not..)

[center][b]Starting Items[/b][/center]

[b]Weapons: [/b]

[list]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[/list]

[b]Other stuff like clothes or provisions or useful gadgets:[/b]
[list]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[/list]

Mech template.

[Img height=300][/img]

[b]Nickname:[/b] (what you call your Shell? baby, hugger, Doris? have fun with this)

[b]Shell Class:[/b]

[b]Wieght:[/b] (in tons how much does your machine weight up too?)
Lift/carry weight: (like can your mech lift 50 tons over its weight?? never know when you might need to pull a fellow shell around. )

[b]Weapons:[/b] (simple enough list a few weapons it might have)

[b]Condition:[/b] (remember all the suits took some kind of damage in the crash and where ripped apart some of them.)

[b]Powercore location:[/b]  (where is is located on your machine. and what kind of core is it? )

[b]Pros: [/b] (what are the strengths?)
[b]Cons:[/b]  (what are its weaknesses??)

• Setting: Takes place in a distant time from now where we are on a terraformed  Mars about 500 years in the works. it was populated with military bases and labs for growth of the planet. But it went silent so after sending 50 pilots to check it out, the ship id crashed in to the planets surface in a dense jungle portion of mars. Only 7 pilots are alive along with the Spaceships personal repair man Chubs the Orangutan ape.  Every one has a damaged Class of Shell and we need to repair them and get our self's in gear for fighting.

• Story: This hell all begin when the ship got hit.  Lights and warning bells where ringing loudly, cabin pressure was dropping for a while I felt like I couldn't breath. Coming to once crashed to the sound of a raspy voice and the smell of bad tobacco breath in my face. "hey buddy you alive?" the feeling of long fingers on my face as i started to come too. "we got a live one over here get help me get him out of the seat we need to head for cover we are not alone out here." It's the Pilots of the star ship's ape... i remembered him, they called him chubs just before the crash he was smoking a large cigar and gawking as some of the female Pilots. opening my eyes gazing around i saw the dead body's some skewered with metal shrapnel from the ship its self.  I couldn't bring my self to look any more when i awoke again there was only...9 of us alive out of 68 on the ship... 50 where Shell pilots.... it seemed chubs was the last of the star ship crew left alive. once we all got situated we had found out our shells where all torn up. Some worse then others, chubs mentioned some thing about something coming in and ransacking the machines but he didn't get a good look from where he was hanging from. Now.... all that's left is us and we need to find out what hit us... and what is happening on mars.

• Shells:

• Power Suit Shell: These are small big enough to fit one person in comferably if made right for them, these are more often no bigger then an ironman suit, maybe a little bigger for heave duty small arm anti personal combat. They run on small power cells that drain rather quickly. The operator has to wear a nerve suit and be nude in this suit, Or straight out nude in the suit (not recommended). most wearing the suit like clothing, this is so the power suit responds to your body's movements like a 2nd skin. the more heavy duty ones can use light mech small arms, but need to brace them self  in order to not risk being blown back. there suits weight from 500 pounds to 2 tons at most.
    • Lightclass shells:   Fast and agile is the point of light class they are the only class that can get flight type attachments to them, As they tend to be more recon then any thing. How ever don't dis a light class Shell  granted they can only carry a max of one pilot but that can still do some damage in close quarters. most often with an array of melee tools ranging from plasma cutters to solid tungsten blades, or hammers. Light class despite the name can weight from 5 tons to 25 tons, some use live ammo type weapons that have clips to them while some use energy based weaponry.  The energy source for most light Class is a small fusion battery this batter will run dry if the machine is  pushed to hard, other then that short periods of rest or cooling of the battery so it does not burn out will keep its life much longer.   Most battery's for light mech takes at least a day to recharge if brought low to shutdown if done to much the battery with eat its self up and a replacement battery will be needed.
    • Medium Shells:   Medium class shells what they lack in agility they make up for in fire power and armor, theses machines are often the most chosen Shell in the fighting world. They are around 30-60 tons and stand the tallest out all of the Shells made.  theses shells are most often Snipers or energy based weapons. All M Class Shells use a small fusion reactor that keeps them running smooth, and allows them to use plasma based weapons with ease just by hooking up to the Powercores Output connection. But this is harsh weakness. If that core is hit it could explode and Unlike heavy class they cant Take the hits to the powercores this can often cause a short power shut down. Its not unnatural to see Medium class mechs being used to carry back damaged Light classes to keep there partners safe Or guarding a Heavy class  as it recharges power to other units near by it.
    • Heavy class Shells: Ahh Heavy Class the back bone and artillery of the Shells, Most often weighing from 75 to 120 tons just from guns, ammunition, And Thick plated armor. heavy class Shells run off from 3 Powercores, Most of this is to run the machines weapons and just in case if one is shot it can keep fighting.  Some are bipedal but when unleashing hell upon the enemy have some sort of stabilizing unit from cables shot in to the ground or an extra set of limbs that deploy. Most often they are on tread body units for the more heavily set so they can get in and out of places quicker. Heavy Shells have been know to have recharge Stations on them for a powrsuits that needs a boost to keep going. Its also not uncalled for when a They are used as power stations for Battery light Shells ether. Most often called the PowerPoint these beasts of machinery can hold there own in a 1 on 50 match if they are equipped with plenty of guns and well stocked with ammunition. Heavy Shells are limited on where they can travel because of their weight.

• Titian class Shells: Mech so large they more often are built but never put in to use, there are rumors they where only a myth because the fire power they had was most often on the lines of nukes and particle disintegration based weapons. no one knows what powers such monstrous machines and most of these kinds of Shells are actually fossils compared to most mech, these where the first ones ever built eve in Shell history and are lost to the time of peace and old age of men not telling secrets.

• Enemy:

• Pawns: These small humanoid mechanical aliens love to try and make them self's stronger but most often lead by the rooks, these creatures most travel in groups most often ganging up on on any thing technological, they try to make them selfs more stronger and absorb any tech or metal parts they can get there greased up talons on. if one finds its self strong enough it will tackle the rook that's leading it and destroy its cores and assimilate with them and become more powerful. theses rang from 10 to 15 feet tall and there weakness is the head as this is where there core lies.
    • Rooks: The power house and heavy class of this unknown enemy. One rook seems able of taking on a heavy class all on its own, though smart enough to lead pawns its still very dim in its attack style as it tends to be more straight forward. Point shoot and move, is its basic funtions. it will not actively seek targets as they seem more like a fortress defense then a attack  unit. but dont let old king con fool you under a lot of its armor is missiles ready to fire and gun ready to send you to your maker. there are three powercores to these beasts just like heavy classes.
    • Bishops: Light and agile theses machines have been shown to know fly at good clips of speed, and in the ranks  show more power over both rooks and pawns and seem to know strategy and will recon out ahead of the rest and give orders to those under its command. theses machine stand around the height of a Light Shell and are equipped with enough firepower to  that of a M Class. when one of theses is destroyed it seems the pawns and rooks will retreat.
    • Knights: this class of enemy will actively hunt, most often on its own and they are brutal, they have so many parts on them that its hard to know what class of shell to compare them too. they have strength of a rook in their limbs but lack ones fire power. more of the Melee offensive  very rare will you see one with a gun of some kind. theses machines have been seen searching for scraps and dragging it back some where. no ones ready to track one of these beasts down.
    • Queens:Queens, what ever they are they rule all the lower machines and stand tall they have to weight at least 300 maybe even 400 tones of gears an wires. we have no clue how to beat them there fire power far exceeds any thing we have seen. fighting one seems like a suicide mission right now wee need more information..
    • Kings:

<this is chubs victory dance...

this was coppied pasted from my last topic i had up after figituing out i might be slightly okay at GMing :D looking for players interested...
I am looking for beta testers for my fourm  http://theeighthcontinent.forumotion.com/  its midevil/steampunk with depth character creation and uses dice system much like D&D for random events input and willing helpers are gladly welcomed

(Ons Offs- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=187141.0

Irishfire87

So are the mechs that we have going to be extremely crude and similar at the beginning or are they going to have very unique features and a few unique weapons a piece?

45dragoons

Yes they will all be unique because of the fact we are scavenging but Chubs is a good enough repair ape he know how to at least get the looks fairly smooth.  so in the beginning most of our mechs are rather ragtag together so at some point we will find a proper repair shop and put our mechs back together properly, this roleplay is going to be many weeks long so if any ones characters they might be able to develop a relationship, they can if they want try more risky things together.  An yes every mech can have their own batch of interesting weapons but any beam weapon will drain your mechs power cores down tell it recharges.
I am looking for beta testers for my fourm  http://theeighthcontinent.forumotion.com/  its midevil/steampunk with depth character creation and uses dice system much like D&D for random events input and willing helpers are gladly welcomed

Irishfire87

So interesting weapons as in integrated into the mech or as in equipped/hand held by the mech, like a giant plasma pistol?  hint hint   Also, how easy would it be to get rid of a weapon that was integrated into the mechs if there was one.

45dragoons

yes Anti personal weapons are going to be common issue for military based mechs.  this means pistols and hand held live ammo weapons.   now a giant plasma pistol, yes those would be used to take out light mechs and would be powered by a small battery that wouldn't drain a mechs own core tell it ran out of battery power.   now that all depends how integrated the weapon is.... if its just attached but a few points and is just more of an attachment it could purge its self off when you wanted.  now if it was say like a whole arm that was the cannon. you would have to have the mech purge that whole limb or maybe have to have it ripped or taken off by a mechanic in a shop.

Irishfire87

Alright, last question before I wait for an application or something.  How would players scavenge for supplies to keep things running and themselves healthy, and how would they find things to upgrade their equipment/mechs?

Miranova

Consider me hooked and interested in this RP proposition :)  This sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

45dragoons

Alll righty then... i will get right on to doing up a template and filling some things out Irish i will exsplain that in the first posts after i get things all set up. thank you two for having intrest hopfuly more will join so we can have multiple aspects.. If you dont mind for now could you two post a basic idea ffor your characters mech you might have in mind so i can see what i might need to add or what i might say no too. please and thank you i will get the information up as quick as i can.

Irishfire87

Being very inexperienced with mechs in general I'll not be too technical or anything until there is an app or something.  However my idea is this mech -->   Starting out pretty much exactly like it is pictured with the upper weapon having shell projectile and the lower being plasma.   The only difference is that my characters body would be covered and not so open.

Pros:  Very Fast, High Damage, High Range, Pretty Basic Technology making repairs pretty simple.
Cons:  Fragile, More Mechanical Issues because of Light Frame, Takes High Damage, Low Ammo Capacity.

Later on when we can upgrade I would like to turn it into a dual-mode mech with the quadraped form being the combat form, and a biped form being a repair form, also I would try to make it more durable and reliable which would slightly lower speed but considerably raise durability.  This would mean that in the beginning Chubs would shoulder almost all of the mechanic responsibilities with some exceptions.

Etherealgirl

45dragoons

Quote from: Irishfire87 on September 15, 2015, 03:49:54 PM
Being very inexperienced with mechs in general I'll not be too technical or anything until there is an app or something.
This is fine i will allow this as  there was 50 speicalists and there no where saying  a 4 legged mech isnt aloud.. actually i would say even your would outrun most of the bipedal mechs no problem. even those in the same class as you. 

Quote from: Etherealgirl on September 15, 2015, 03:58:53 PM
tentative interest. :)

OOo this is good let me add you in... you make number 4 only 3 more :3

45dragoons

Sorry for the double post but the character template is up now...

First Name: (first name goes here)
Last Name: (last name)

Race: (your race)
Height: (in feet and inches)
Weight: (in pounds)
Birthday: (just the month and day)
Relationships: (family? cousins?)

Province: (name of a town you’re from) 
Specialization: (What kind of things you can do. like what Shell class are you best at using? what kind of stuff do you do in spare time that's beneficial??)

Memory before and just after the crash: (give use a brief intro to what your character was thinking and just after the crash what was there thoughts.)

Personality: (not rightly needed but i would like to know if your characters a loose cannon or not..)

Starting Items

Weapons:

• Stuff here
  • Stuff here
  • Stuff here
  • Stuff here
Other stuff like clothes or provisions or useful gadgets:

• Stuff here
  • Stuff here
  • Stuff here
  • Stuff here

[img]image for faceclaim[/img]

[b]First Name:[/b] (first name goes here)
[b]Last Name: [/b](last name)

[b]Race:[/b] (your race)
[b]Gender:[/b] (male, female or both?)
[b]Age:[/b] (some races can be older than others)
[b]Height:[/b] (in feet and inches)
[b]Weight:[/b] (in pounds)
[b]Birthday:[/b] (just the month and day)
[b]Relationships:[/b] (family? cousins?)

[b]Province:[/b] (name of a town you’re from) 
[b]Specialization:[/b] (What kind of things you can do. like what Shell class are you best at using? what kind of stuff do you do in spare time that's beneficial??)

[b]Memory before and just after the crash:[/b] (give use a brief intro to what your character was thinking and just after the crash what was there thoughts.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (not rightly needed but i would like to know if your characters a loose cannon or not..)

[center][b]Starting Items[/b][/center]

[b]Weapons: [/b]

[list]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[/list]

[b]Other stuff like clothes or provisions or useful gadgets:[/b]
[list]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[li] Stuff here[/li]
[/list]

Irishfire87

Um Province?  Like what Provinces would there be?  Please explain what you mean by that and then I'll fill out the application.

45dragoons

like are you from the moon or some where on earth or is mars your real home something like that.. mostly where you came from or grew up..

Irishfire87

That's why I asked, all I knew was an option was Earth, I didn't know you could be from different places like the moon or earth.  Are there any other places you can be from that is abnormal?

45dragoons

ummm earth moon.... mars.... space colony... those about all i can think up for now if you can think of some go for it.

Irishfire87

First Name:  Emma
    Last Name:   Roberts

Race:  Human
    Height:  5' 4"
    Weight:  125 lbs
    Birthday:  3/22
    Relationships:  Parents back on Earth, other than that nothing to speak of.

Province:   Australia
    Specialization: Light Class Shell, Medic, Tinkerer, Pistol practice and studying what the enemy has done.  She is a bit of a nerd.

Memory before and just after the crash:   Emma was cleaning her revolver as they approached the planet of Mars, making final preparations for the landing, strapped in, when suddenly there were several lights and warning sirens started going off.   As this happened she put away the cleaning gear and put one bullet in the revolver.  As the ship started to descend uncontrolled into the atmosphere of mars it got harder to breath.    She eventually passes out from lack of oxygen.  When she comes to she hears a voice and turns to pull her pistol that is somehow still in her hand at the person. 

She can't aim the gun properly though, luckily for her it was another mech pilot.  Come to find out she had been ejected from the wreckage.  She has several scrapes, cuts, bruises and gashes, a dislocated shoulder and a sprained ankle.  The only reason she made it during the ambush was her trusty revolver, unfortunately she used up her ammo too.  Now it's all improvised.

Personality:   She is a nerd/geek but that applies to strategy, books, weaponry and technology.  She was the medic of the group as they weren't expected to need a lot of actual medical help.  While she is a nerd she is very fiery about her beliefs and is a bit of a risk taker.  She gets annoyed by inappropriate behavior so she takes issue with chubs a lot.

Starting Items

Weapons:  

• Old revolver (Pictured)
    • Long Range Plasma Pistol With Scope

• Tattered clothes from wreck which are modified now (pictured in these clothes)
    • Tattered backpack
    • Medical pack (First Aid)
    • Taser
    • Ai Stuffed Animal (Doesn't move, just acts basically as a journal that can repeat information back at you and occasionally speak.)

(let me know if you want more)[/list][/list]

Nickname: Blitzkrieg or Fifi

Shell Class:  Light

Wieght: 20 tons, 7 tons of armaments
    Lift/carry weight: 10 tons or so.

Weapons:

Left Arm:  3 Barrel Anti-Material Rifle:  This rifle uses large shells and can load three at a time that can be fired in rapid succession before a short cooldown and loading period after which it can do so again.  It's ammo capacity is 15 shells.

Right Arm:  A Dual Purpose Energy Gun:  Above the gun there is an section which can act as a spotlight, below that there is an area that fires energy discs at enemies at the rate of 3 per turn with a two post cooldown.  Both devices run off from the same power source.  Energy disks limited to about 30 shots an outing which can be decreased by use of spotlight.  This power source is separate from the Power core and was implemented by Emma.

Right and Left Legs:  Targeted Rocket Launcher:  A high powered seeking rocket.  Each leg's calf area holds 3 rockets.  These rockets are mech to ground or ground to ground only.

Left Shoulder: Ground to Ground/Ground to Air Missile Launcher:  A less powerful but more accurate and versatile weapon than the Rocket launcher.  These missiles seek the target and have a very good chase distance.  The launcher has an ammo capacity of 6 missiles.

Right Shoulder:  Plasma Rifle:  This is a powerful long range plasma rifle.  It can fire once per ever 3 turns or so.  It can be fired more frequently but runs off from the power core so it is ill advised.  Maximum of 10 shots before it begins to form serious negative effects to the operation of the mech.

Mouth:  Laser Cannon:  The gold on the ears and how wide spread they are is actually because the gold area there is solar paneling that is easily damaged.  This enables a large powerful laser blast from the mouth once per outing unless there is some kind of intense light phenomena occurring which would enable another blast.

Condition: The loading mechanism for the Anti-Material Rifle is damaged rendering that weapon useless for now even though she has the ammo for it.  Since the whole arm is the rifle it essentially renders that entire arm useless for now.  The spotlight is currently inoperable as well.  The rocket launchers currently have no ammo and the missile launcher's arming and firing mechanism is broken causing the missiles to just dislodge and fall down to the ground pointlessly.

Powercore location:  Inside the throat of the mech.

Pros: High fire power, Weapon diversity, Fast for how much it's carrying but not faster than many other light mechs.
    Cons:  Requires different kinds of ammo, Slow fire rate, Lacks durability, Some of the systems were actually tinkered together by Emma making it so that Chubs or other people would have a hard time repairing them.

Miranova

First Name: Raven
    Last Name: Storm

Race: Human
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 170lbs
    Birthday: 5/25
    Relationships: Father, two younger brothers back on Earth

Province: Florida
    Specialization: Powersuit Shell, sword-fighter, navigation, some hand to hand skill

Memory before and just after the crash: Raven had just finished polishing her sword, packing her sword cleaning kit back up in her duffel bag when the ship was struck.  She was thrown off-balance and cracked her skull against a cabinet, sending her into unconsciousness.  She was later roused by the most god-awful smell of burnt metal and smoke.  Coughing, she found herself wedged between her bunk and the twisted bulkhead of her cabin with luckily only a few minor scrapes and bruises aside from the lump on the back of her head.

Personality: Fairly easy-going, but has a tendancy to take things too seriously at times.  Not really one to fly off the handle until really pushed.

Starting Items

Weapons:

• Sword
    • Plasma Rifle
    • Combat Knife

• Nerve Suit
    • backup power unit for Plasma Rifle
    • Sword cleaning kit
    • Field rations for 1 person for 2 weeks
    • Duffle bag with a few changes of clothing and a toiletries kit
    • Spare powercore and charger for Shell[/i]

Nickname: Ghost

Shell Class: Power Suit

Wieght: 750lbs
    Lift/carry weight: Can lift/carry approx 5 tons, but the heavier the item, the quicker the powercore drains.

Weapons: No weapons built in, holsters along each leg hold three laser pistols each.  One larger plasma rifle and one small rocket launcher.  She can use most standard weapons in a pinch, just as long as she can get the mech finger on the trigger.

Spotlight built in on the forehead. 

Ghost is a simple powersuit, she has worn it while doing hand to hand fighting as well.

Condition:   Leg joints are stiff and hard to move. A heavier shell fell against hers in the crash, and while this protected it from being torn apart, the weight of the heavier shell did warp most of the small pistons from the hips down to the ankles.  She can walk in it, but each step is a struggle.  Difficult to fix since it will require opening and straigtening each piston and getting them all aligned with each other again.

Powercore location:  Center of the back

Pros: Can withstand majority of regular bullets and some older style lasers.  Minimal damage caused by plasma guns, though too many hits can cause power failure.
    Cons:  No armament built into the shell, relies only on outside weapons.  Powercore is in a vulnerable spot should an enemy get behind her.  Powercore also drains quickly with heavy use.  Takes eight hours to fully recharge.

45dragoons

First Name: Alvy
    Last Name: Hadstron

Race:Human
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 198
    Birthday: May 1
    Relationships: Father and mother back in Ireland Uncle in the rocky mountains

Province: Was born in Dublin  Ireland but grew up with his uncle in the USA rocky mountains   
    Specialization: Organizing and keeping track of munitions, Medium to Heavy class Shells. Know how to weld meal and plastic and splice wires. Basic first aid, decent survivalist.

Memory before and just after the crash: Alvy was sitting next to some of the biggest names to ever Operate a Shell, they where trading stories back and forth as Alvy was still strapped in tight having a minor fear of flying. they where going to land on mars soon.  he would miss the weightlessness of space. Having often conversed with a few of the others during the trip here over the lousy food of the starship had to offer. When they got hit he saw the bright light of the sun and his mind flashed back to why he was here his mind went blank as he blacked out.  Upon waking up to the ships repair ape  pulling him away from the wreak he found that his left leg was banged up and had a small piece of shrapnel in it. pulling it out himself he wrapped his leg in some cloth. this was going to be a bit of a set back and what had happened?

Personality: Very laid back, more often trying to find the funny parts about situations but is very good at planing ahead while having the free time to think. Hes very lousy a chess but is getting better. Has bad ideas that can turn out to be rather risky but might work if he know what hes talking about half the time..

Starting Items

Weapons:

• Heat knife
    • Semi auto burst fire  rifle
    • Double barrel Heavy Plasma machine gun

• Riot armor and some welder goggles.
    • Duffle bag full of empty ammunition clips, and depleted energy cells
    • grapple launcher and repel attachment.
    • Chess set half the pieces are missing, missing pisses are replaced with empty ammo shells.

Nickname: Boxer

Shell Class: Medium

Wieght: 65 tons
    Lift/carry weight: When bunker buster arms are working its able to carry 40 tons with heavy strain on the energy source and gears, carry's around 10 tons worth of weapons. minor arms allow for 13 ton lift.

Weapons: Live ammo weapons
    Shell shotgun  with Magnesium shots(4 left holds 4)
    High caliber assault rifle 120 rounds 40 per clip.

Energy based weapons
    One long range plasma rifle. however it was not this mechs so it drains energy rather fast. has a max of 50 shots before it becomes a risk factor.

Condition: Half the display monitor is broke, the left and right bunker buster arms are in bad shape and unable to be used. the power core had to be salvaged from another mecha and heats up the Shell when under heavy usage. targetting is off so close quarters is most often used.

Powercore location:  upper chest more need the bunker buster arms shoulders.

Pros: Is able to lift and break though tough obstructions  when at full operational power, the bunker buster arms allow for heavy Shell weapons to be used.
    Cons:  Slower then most meduim class, the powercore not being the original and not well suited for boxer causes it to heat up and weakens the metal shelling, this Shell relies on a lot of power to function but so fare the power core is not properly hooked up.

First Name: Chubbula (Chub's)
    Last Name: Omaroka

Race: Orangutan
    Height: 4'6"
    Weight: 170 pounds
    Birthday: December 25
    Relationships: Nope, well if he did you think he be gawking at womens asses?

Province: Bornean 
    Specialization: Spaceship repair, Shell repairing, StarShip driving,  Computer basics, Navigating space , Climbing trees...Smoking more then he should..... Stealing things from your ass pocket if your not watching.

Memory before and just after the crash: Chubs he was doing his normal rounds making sure all the gauges worked and all his hidden cameras where in working order in some of the females quarters of course hes found that most of them have been smashed and broken. he had just passed a group of men all talking one of them was strapped in tight as they where coming in for a landing soon. that when he passed some of the other female pilots and he whistled at them, not more then a minute later the ship was struck hard. he let out crys of panic and held on for dear life nearly passing out from the lack of air he saw some thing just rip its way through the ship before he finally passed out.  awakeing he found he had bee thrown from the wreak just before impact he hurt but he landed in some dense foliage that broke his fall.  He made his way to the ship to see metal looking men ripping apart Shells all over the ground.  they left after a loud roar and all took off like some thing spooked them. Chubs went around looking for survivors from the crash.

Personality:Chubs is perv for a primate and he wont say he isn't. After years of evolution an some people playing with genetics his race can speak just like us. Hes willing to do things like repair your mech if your a pretty girl for a kiss, or a pack of smokes as he believes he has whats left on mars. Hes more out to save his own hide but will help if it means saving his own skin. He will avoid most conflict because hes a pansy but erk him enough he will show you why you don't mess with an ape with a bad smoking habit.

Starting Items

Weapons:

• 4 pistols
    • wrench

• Large stack of outdated and rather graphic adult tablets
    • 36 cigars
    • 200 packs of cigarettes
    • small torch lighter

Irishfire87

You have to let people know when you put up new apps, like you did for the mechs under the character app.  lol.   Also,  Just letting you know, I edited it into my character app post so I did post a mech, but it's under my character.

Also, maybe that other mech I was talking about could be weaponless and used as the recon mech by whoever ends up with light mechs as a specialty.

Lustful Bride

Hmmm tentatively interested. Is there a possibility of being able to play as a Mars Defense Force survivor?

Also some of this reminds me of the old game UFO:Afterlight

45dragoons

Quote from: Irishfire87 on September 17, 2015, 12:28:20 PM
    You have to let people know when you put up new apps, like you did for the mechs under the character app.  lol.   Also,  Just letting you know, I edited it into my character app post so I did post a mech, but it's under my character.

Also, maybe that other mech I was talking about could be weaponless and used as the recon mech by whoever ends up with light mechs as a specialty.

Ahh yeah sorry about that i would have but i feared double posting might get me a bad look with some people thinking i was bumping  for no reason... and i agree with the scout mech idea. actually sounds like it might be fun!

Quote from: Lustful Bride on September 17, 2015, 12:41:41 PM
    Hmmm tentatively interested. Is there a possibility of being able to play as a Mars Defense Force survivor?

Also some of this reminds me of the old game UFO:Afterlight
    Hmmm sure that actually sounds fine...  Just your part in the character app would be what you was doing before the attack... and how you got out alive.   Little info there was over 150 bases on mars that all got attacked at the same time.

45dragoons

Too all people who are wanting to join or have already said they might join, I have just finished the Shell data. I will post a Updates when i finished more of the Enemy's descriptions. But we are still accepting any one who wants to join Please pm me if you have questions. Or just post them here i will not hesitate to answer if you got something you want to ask :3 thank you for reading I am your GM for Last Hope 45dragoons good day :3.

45dragoons

Update added some info on the enemys, Also where we have three people Once i fill out my mech app for my own i might start up the OOC for this roleplay. As i am not one to pussyfoot around i actually like to get things rolling. or else i will kill my own interest in this topic, As it stands we have Miranova, Irisihfire87 with complete applications For Shell pilots from the crash. I do want to say If more people gain interest in this role play there is many ways they can come in to the roleplay.  most of them actually being survivors off the attack on mars from 2 years ago in this time line. the enemy's are smart, but wont actively hunt out fleshy human or what ever you are as prey. As of right now there are 4 pilots opening. so if people want to be a pilot from the crash i will make sure there is a way for you to join in on the opening topic.  Also it also a option to start with out a Shell just say your shell was too badly damaged even if you where to scavenge parts off the other Shells.

45dragoons

Alright my mechsheets up...  this is an update i am going to be posting the OOC for now so we can let some people catch up if they want o join or not. Also  we are going to be debating where to start heading off too first :3.

45dragoons

Lustful informed me she will not be joining which is fine.. shes will alwasy have a open spot if she wants to come back later in the future.  Also right now we could use another male as its 1 male 2 females right now.  Some more male players would be wonderful.

45dragoons

Just an update sorry on the delay of getting the topic started but been working on my house for a while now. and i been helping the crew put my 200 year old house back together.  Now we are still interested in taking more players if any one wold like to join.