News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dealing with Depression ~ A Personal Point of View

Started by Rhedyn, January 21, 2011, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhedyn

Quote from: Night Stalker on September 17, 2011, 07:00:26 PM
HuGS for all those who need and want them right now, offering a shoulder or ear if needed as well.

*indulges in the hugs just because she can...saving them up for a rainy day*

Night Stalker

Quote from: Rhedyn on September 17, 2011, 07:07:46 PM
*indulges in the hugs just because she can...saving them up for a rainy day*

*hugs* are the one thing I have plenty to give always.
Ons and Offs           NightStalker's Role Playing Requests - Reprised.          A/A's - Updated        
I stalk the night, looking for her
My next victim to take away from here
She will be the prize to my collection
A joy for me to hold and use at my discretion
I belong to the night, stalking it and surveying
taking what I need to suffice my desires
I am the NightStalker

Sybl

Quote from: Night Stalker on September 17, 2011, 07:05:27 PM
Pleasure anytime.  You have my sympathies dealing with that and hope it eases up soon for you.
Thank you again Night Stalker *hugs back*

Rhedyn

Quote from: Night Stalker on September 17, 2011, 07:12:51 PM
*hugs* are the one thing I have plenty to give always.

They're an awesome thing to always have plenty to give...and receive!

Night Stalker

Quote from: Rhedyn on September 18, 2011, 11:29:15 AM
They're an awesome thing to always have plenty to give...and receive!

I totally agree
Ons and Offs           NightStalker's Role Playing Requests - Reprised.          A/A's - Updated        
I am the NightStalker

Sybl

life sucks, especially when you take the wrong dosage of medication, and it  makes you depressed enough to want to chuck it all. Because depression does that, it makes you think crazy thoughts. I must be crazy. sucks worse when someone you care about forgets you have a life, a heart that beats, sucks worse when they could care less if you are crying, or know the feelings are phony. yup life sucks.

Rhedyn

Izzy1337

Fire is my Element, and I love to play with it; Water is my Passion, and I live to play with it.

Adammair

*group hugs Sybl, Rhedyn, and Izzy, and sends them all positive vibes. :-) *

Sybl

Quote from: Adammair on September 21, 2011, 08:47:06 PM
*group hugs Sybl, Rhedyn, and Izzy, and sends them all positive vibes. :-) *
Thank you Adammair..*hugs*

Quote from: Izzy1337 on September 21, 2011, 08:36:38 PM
*hugs my Big Sis tight and sends love her way*
Thank you Izzy *hugs*

Quote from: Rhedyn on September 21, 2011, 06:12:15 PM
Awww hon *huge hugs*
*Huge hugs* thank you Rhedyn

Night Stalker

I am the NightStalker

Oreo

I'll take you up on those hugs, Night Stalker. *takes some and leaves more*

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Sybl

Quote from: Night Stalker on September 22, 2011, 10:21:51 PM
*hugs for all those who need or want them*
*Thank you Night Stalker, leaves some for you, too.*
Quote from: Oreo on September 23, 2011, 02:13:55 AM
I'll take you up on those hugs, Night Stalker. *takes some and leaves more*
*Snags some, leaves more*

Sees Izzy1337, leaving some hugs for my sis, too.*

Izzy1337

Thank you, Sis!

*grabs her hugs and restocks the canned ones on the shelves*

*is off to bed now*

Good night, all!
Fire is my Element, and I love to play with it; Water is my Passion, and I live to play with it.

Sybl

Saerrael

I would like to know why one gets truck over and over again without a break, especially when one is the most fragile.
Things might seem small to others, but to me, especially combined, they make me wish life was over already and I could rest.

*sighs*

I know life isn't meant to be fair, but I am starting to wonder if my sacrifices aren't enough already, when it will be enough, finally, to but get a break.

Adammair

Quote from: Saerra on September 23, 2011, 07:47:13 PM
I would like to know why one gets truck over and over again without a break, especially when one is the most fragile.
Things might seem small to others, but to me, especially combined, they make me wish life was over already and I could rest.

*sighs*

I know life isn't meant to be fair, but I am starting to wonder if my sacrifices aren't enough already, when it will be enough, finally, to but get a break.

I'm with you, there, friend Saerra. It is often not simply one thing that sets us on a path of depression, but several little things, and they seem more overwhelming than one large event. Believe me, I know. I have gone through, and am currently going through, the same thing you are. Maybe not the exact same thing, but enough so, that I can relate.

Just take heart in the fact that whatever hardships we go through make us stronger. And remember that you have many who support you and want what's best for you, as well.

*offers a hand and a pat on the back* Things are never as bad as they seem from within. It's the perspective from outside the situation, that is usually the clearest. Feel free to PM me if you feel like talking about anything, and perhaps we can be of mutual benefit to each other. *smiles warmly*

Saerrael

Of course, and I agree, yes. But. I'm chronically depressed. Enough so to have to take medication. Though I refuse so, which is my right, and I live with this. But enough 'small things' can make one 'huge thing'. And I've just had that.

Luckily, I've lived with this for over a decade, and I'm already calming down. But that doesn't mean it's easy to do this.

*hugs Adam* Thanks, mate.

Adammair

Quote from: Saerra on September 23, 2011, 08:28:55 PM
Of course, and I agree, yes. But. I'm chronically depressed. Enough so to have to take medication. Though I refuse so, which is my right, and I live with this. But enough 'small things' can make one 'huge thing'. And I've just had that.

Luckily, I've lived with this for over a decade, and I'm already calming down. But that doesn't mean it's easy to do this.

*hugs Adam* Thanks, mate.

*hugs Saerra in return* No problem. I understand the constant feeling of hopelessness, as I suffer from bipolar disorder, which is an anxiety and a depression disorder rolled into one. *sighs* I, too, am on medications for it, and although they help quite a bit, I have caught myself thinking of not taking them, and giving in to whatever happens. If not for the knowledge that my family (wife, parents, etc.) and friends would be hurt by such an act, I don't know what I would do. And it is rough, because as you said, enough small things can make one huge thing, and I am dealing with that, as well. But we continue on, taking one day at a time, and one moment at a time, and pray that things get better. I hope you'll forgive me for not saying that I'll pray for you, but I'm currently doubting my faith, as it seems my prayers consistently go unanswered. However, I will send as much positive vibes and goodwill as I can spare, your way. And I hope that it is returned in kind.

I could use a sympathetic ear right now. Would you mind a PM, Saerra?

Saerrael

I think you miss understood me. I am not taking medication, even if I'm diagnosed with a depression that has nothing to do with anything remotely mental. I have a neurochemical disorder which doctors actually have told me I should take medication. I can live perfectly without them when I keep to a certain pattern, but am very fragile (obviously).

And, no, I rather not get any PMs.

Adammair

Fair enough. That's why I asked before just randomly sending one off.

Thanks.

*wanders off to find some other way to deal.*

Saerrael

I'm sorry, Adam, I can't really deal with any more at the moment. *hugs him tightly* Maybe someone else or some other time.

Sybl

Quote from: Saerra on September 23, 2011, 07:47:13 PM

*sighs*

As one who knows all to well, though circumstances are very different... one such as myself cares, and understands the question, when will it be enough... I wonder too. Now is not the time, for some, I guess, but when I see another going through the same bs that life for whatever purpose, has dished out yet another heaping bulldozer full..I try to tell that person, fully, 150% I am 'here for them, in PM, in spirit..whatever. Just letting someone know we are hurting.. in some capacity, brings a load of support from those who understand that question.

Quote from: Adammair on September 23, 2011, 08:39:44 PM
*hugs Saerra in return* No problem. I understand the constant feeling of hopelessness, as I suffer from bipolar disorder, which is an anxiety and a depression disorder rolled into one. *sighs* I, too, am on medications for it, and although they help quite a bit, I have caught myself thinking of not taking them,.....

I could use a sympathetic ear right now. ....

Just take heart in the fact that whatever hardships we go through make us stronger. And remember that you have many who support you and want what's best for you, as well.

I also chose not to take the medications for depression, I had tried them all, none worked they made me sicker, more suicidal.

I think at times, the statement: whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, is one that when depressed makes you want to give in or give up even more. Whoever said it first, should be taken to the back forty, dropped over a cliff by a rope that is frayed, and let that poor sap wonder if in the end will he or she be rescued..in my girlie like not so humble opinion.

I am sorry I was not 'here' for you Adammair. I wish I had been around when you needed to 'talk, have a hug, or just listen quietly.

*leaves hugs, good thoughts, and an open inbox for PM's..*

Izzy1337

Quote from: Sybl on September 23, 2011, 11:26:14 PM
As one who knows all to well, though circumstances are very different... one such as myself cares, and understands the question, when will it be enough... I wonder too. Now is not the time, for some, I guess, but when I see another going through the same bs that life for whatever purpose, has dished out yet another heaping bulldozer full..I try to tell that person, fully, 150% I am 'here for them, in PM, in spirit..whatever. Just letting someone know we are hurting.. in some capacity, brings a load of support from those who understand that question.

I also chose not to take the medications for depression, I had tried them all, none worked they made me sicker, more suicidal.

I think at times, the statement: whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, is one that when depressed makes you want to give in or give up even more. Whoever said it first, should be taken to the back forty, dropped over a cliff by a rope that is frayed, and let that poor sap wonder if in the end will he or she be rescued..in my girlie like not so humble opinion.

I am sorry I was not 'here' for you Adammair. I wish I had been around when you needed to 'talk, have a hug, or just listen quietly.

*leaves hugs, good thoughts, and an open inbox for PM's..*

I agree with you there, Sis, sometimes when I'm really low, the cliches that others spit out because they just don't get it, make me want to scream, "Oh really?! Is that so? When then? When is it going to make me stronger?! When is this hell going to end?! When do I get a break in life? Where are my rewards?"

And then because they don't have an answer, I sink even lower.

No offense to Adammair, *hugs him* they are some good thoughts, and not giving up and giving in is good advice, but at times, it can hurt to hear it.

*also leaves the PM box open for any who wish to talk, and promises to sympathize without dishing back (if I can)*

Splackwell

I feel like I should say something on this topic because, I have had bouts with it. I get very numb at times, almost frozen emotionally. Right now I am still very much staggered from a few changes in life, I did not want or ask for...but it is what it is.  What I can say is that there is love out there in this world, I know it may seem very cold at times. I know there are times when we all feel so alone. Just always remember there are people who are pulling for you, who are ready to offer a smile when you are feeling discouraged, an umbrella when your rain pours into your life.  You just have to remember that you are not alone. 

There are people who may not have your exact set of circumstances but they know the pain of emptiness and the feeling of despair. In your darkest moments, just know you are loved, you are embraced, and you are regarded.  :hugs:

-Splackwell
If it looks good enough to eat, I'll make it wet enough to drink.