News:

Main Menu

BBC's Sherlock

Started by Callie Del Noire, March 12, 2013, 10:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/12/benedict-cumberbatch-says-sherlock-season-4-is-on/

Season 3 is starting..and season 4 is also been confirmed.. that's 6 more eps. :D

Katiana

I'm glad, I like this adaptation of Sherlock Holmes, even though Basil Rathbone and Jeremy Brett will always be my real Holmes's. Not sure about the new one though, the one with a female Watson (Lucy Liu?). Have you seen it?

Naiah

Stella

Six more?! That is better than I hoped! I can't wait. Thanks for sharing the news!

Jag

Quote from: Katiana on March 13, 2013, 04:51:44 AM
Not sure about the new one though, the one with a female Watson (Lucy Liu?). Have you seen it?

It's not bad. I've watched almost every episode. I'm very glad there is no sexual or romantic relations between Watson and Sherlock in it. I can see that easily becoming the focus point and ruining it if that happened. I like their take on Sherlock himself. It's different. Though overall, the show seems very clumsy and slapped together very quickly. It needs some work, but it's not bad.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Stella

I would like to see Elementary, if for not other reason than to compare and judge. :p

Jag

There is no comparing. The BBC version has better actors, better sets, better scripts, and better stories. BBC Sherlock is superior in almost all ways...but Elementary is 'fun'. It's simple. Almost dumbed down from the BBC version and highly predictable. But it's still fun.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Stella

Interesting! I hope it screens here. Don't think it has, yet.

Katiana

Quote from: Stella on March 13, 2013, 10:12:50 AM
Interesting! I hope it screens here. Don't think it has, yet.
If you are in the UK. I think its on either Sky Atlantic or Living

Avis habilis

Quote from: Michi No Sora on March 13, 2013, 09:45:30 AM
I'm very glad there is no sexual or romantic relations between Watson and Sherlock in it.

Good lord yes.

I enjoy 'Elementary' quite a bit. Holmes as a recovering addict trust-funder is a new take on him. Plus it was a hoot to see him practicing single stick & escrima as a shout-out to the original Holmes' Bartitsu.

Aislinn

Quote from: Katiana on March 13, 2013, 04:51:44 AM
I'm glad, I like this adaptation of Sherlock Holmes, even though Basil Rathbone and Jeremy Brett will always be my real Holmes's. Not sure about the new one though, the one with a female Watson (Lucy Liu?). Have you seen it?

I've seen the new one with Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu and I quite like it. It took me a few episodes to get the feel of this new version of Holmes but once I did, I was completely drawn in. Lucy Liu is the perfect match to Miller's Holmes. They both play off each other really well.

I highly recommend it.

Quote from: Avis habilis on March 13, 2013, 01:51:21 PM
Good lord yes.

I enjoy 'Elementary' quite a bit. Holmes as a recovering addict trust-funder is a new take on him. Plus it was a hoot to see him practicing single stick & escrima as a shout-out to the original Holmes' Bartitsu.

I also enjoy the shout-outs to cannon...like the new envisioning of the Baker Street Irregulars and the bees. =-)
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Stella

Quote from: Katiana on March 13, 2013, 11:17:07 AM
If you are in the UK. I think its on either Sky Atlantic or Living

Nope, Australia, we have dark ages tv. :p

Senti

Completley off tat but not however too much have any of you watched Ripper Street?

Callie Del Noire

Sherlock: Series 3 Teaser Trailer - BBC One

A llittle thread necro.. and who sees Sherlock getting his ass kcked?

Nico

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 04, 2013, 10:39:10 AM
Sherlock: Series 3 Teaser Trailer - BBC One

A llittle thread necro.. and who sees Sherlock getting his ass kcked?
~snickers~ I can imagine Watson having a bad day. ~laughs~

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Nicholas on August 05, 2013, 12:01:17 AM
~snickers~ I can imagine Watson having a bad day. ~laughs~

This will move past that and into 'Let's curbstomp Sherlock'.