Starfinder (aka Pathfinder in SPAAAACE!!, Interest thread)

Started by wander, May 26, 2017, 04:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

Bumping this ancient thread on the off-chance some people may see it and want to play and run this. Seeking both a GM and party.

I have seen other Starfinder games come up, though they wanted all female characters... I'd rather have a game where people can play whatever gender they wish and caters to all sexualities.

Other than that, I'm pretty darn open to where the GM goes with it.

State your interest below. :)

Muse

*Raises his hand* 

I have the books now, and am quite enamored of the system and setting. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Krys

Getting the pdf just now. So I'm up for it. Though I should mention I'm in it for the roleplay not the roll-in-the-hay. That's why I skipped "females only" advertisements.
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

wander

And I'm in it for some system play, so 'roll-playing' though in a different manner.  :-)

ThatFantasticBard

Im still interested in joining! Really need to scratch my scifi itch.

Chanticleer

Hullo!

I picked up SF (now there's a perfect little acronym) the other day and just got around to reading it...And oh, look, here's this thread. If someone's up for GMing, I'm definitely up for giving it a try.
My current O/os (need work)

wander

Awesome Chanticleer. :)

I dug your list in the tabletop rpg ownership thread, I'd be really happy if you could GM a game.

Chanticleer

Quote from: wander on March 21, 2018, 05:32:57 PM
Awesome Chanticleer. :)

I dug your list in the tabletop rpg ownership thread, I'd be really happy if you could GM a game.

Hi Wander! I enjoyed reading through your conversations in that forum, as well. I think we've got a lot of similar interests in terms of system RPGs.

As for GMing Spacefinder, though...Uhm...I don't know if I can commit to that. I haven't GM'd PF in about four-five years, and I've never GM'd Starfinder. It takes a lot more thorough looking through of the rules, creating and trying to balance a scenario...

What I actually said was "If someone's up for GMing..." Not that I felt I was ready to do so. Sorry about the misunderstanding!

I mean, LONG TERM I might be interested in GMing it eventually, when I feel like I have a better handle on it, but right now I don't have the required chops!
My current O/os (need work)

wander