News:

Main Menu

Can I buy your PS2?

Started by Sabby, January 30, 2011, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I'm at my wits end here...

I loved Grandia 2 so much when I was a kid. I had no idea there was guna be a Grandia 3. All I had was an Xbox at the time.

Years later, yay! I have a PS2! But the store doesn't have Grandia 3 .__.

More years later, yay! I'm old enough to know what a Paypal is! =D I buy Grandia 3 off of Ebay.

It doesn't work... I didn't know how region coding works :/

I try to buy one for my region, PAL, but nope, there was never a PAL release... of course.

I ask my Modder, can he take the restrictions off? No, it's hard to do and expensive because there's no demand for it anymore...

I look up how to mod it myself, but it looks too complex. I try anyway, and actually get a burnt DVD of the game finished, somehow, against my own incompetence.

YAY! Oh, my PS2 needs a mod to run the disc? Not yay .__.

All the mod guides require a PS2 with a Hard Drive... I... didn't even know those existed o.o so I'd have to buy a new console anyway just to mod it...

Screw that I say, I go to Ebay and Amazon for a PS2 console with NTSC U/C region coding...

Are these things plated in fucking gold?!?! They are asking ridiculous prices for even the fatties! This is an old console with barely any market left in it... how the fuck can they still be this expensive?! I could buy a second hand Nintendo Wii for a little more then it costs for the PS2 and shipping :/

...I look anyway, and like all things on the internet, people don't do their shit right >.< so hardly any of them list what their region codes are, and the only cheap ones are broken as well as vague...

*sighs* I am absolutely sick of this, I just want to play Grandia 3 v.v if anyone lives in America and has a PS2 with NTSC coding and a Paypal account, could I pleeeaaase buy it from you? I don't care if it's dusty or bent or make's whirring sounds or doesn't have a case. As long as it works v.v

Demascion Lycan

Sorry, my friend, but you are about 3 months too late.. My ps2, and its successor from the pawn shop, have both died...
Read my profile and here is the link to my ons and offs. as well as my Roll Play Requests A&A

I have finally created an F-List Account! Please check it out for further information on my kinks

Also, POKéMON FANS, I'm currently playing Pokémon Y. I would love some help getting certain Pokémon to build my desired team. I would like to receive eggs so I could train them myself. If you're willing to help, please shoot me a message.

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Sabby

If that were an option, this thread wouldn't be around :P

DudelRok

Also, what's wrong with getting an NTSU PS2 slim for $50 via Amazon? I don't know the shipping on that, though, and am confused.

You gotta remember that Sony's main pocket is coming from the PS2 and game sales so it's still gonna sell solid... and you can get a used Wii because people don't really want them.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Sabby

That's 50 dollars American Dude :P I'm not paying 100 bucks for a console I'm guna play one game on. If I was willing to, I wouldn't be bypassing pawn shops all together and looking for an unwanted one at a home somewhere.

Wolfy

:/ Have you tried Renting one, Sabbykins? *snuggle*

Sabby

...did you read the opening post Wolfy? Dx

Wolfy

Heaven Sent Blossom

You don't need a hdd to mod a PS2.
I mean they -help- certainly, but it's not the only way. You can also use a thing called swap magic, which is what I did to modify my PS2. I'm honestly not 100% sure if there are any reliable places left to get swapmagic from but it certainly couldn't hurt to take a look.

In related news, there is a very good reason that Grandia 3 is considered far and away the worst of the Grandia series. It's a real shame as I was pretty stoked about it when it was first announced, but the end result (while not quite as bad as, for example, the third Star Ocean game) is very disappointing.