Links in MSN and Yahoo Messenger

Started by Sabby, June 04, 2012, 01:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

This one's proving a bitch to Google, since all the results I can gleam are for one or the other and assume the problem is in the options. Well I don't have an issue with an IM program, just IM's in general it would seem. I keep coming up with "MSN has locked out links because of a virus" but this doesn't add up.

Okay, for some reason, not sure when it started, links in MSN and Yahoo Messenger do not work. If I click a youtube link from a friend in MSN, nothing happens, but if I click it in Yahoo I get an error message.

www.youtube.com. The parameter is incorrect.

Whenever I try to access a webpage from a program, like if I install something that automatically takes me to the products home page, it tries to load Internet Explorer, and it crashes immediately. I'm using Google Chrome.

So for now, I'm stuck copy-pasting links out of chat windows. I have no idea how I'm supposed to fix this... Windows won't even let me uninstall IE :/

SummerWhispers

It does not sound like to me to be in the options, if you uninstall and reinstall the program should come start out with that as a option from the reinstall, it sounds to me like a virus in your computer, and if anti-virus did not catch it, and sometimes the chat and im programs get them and the anti-virus do not catch them, then you may have to sadly back up as much as you can and restore your pc to its original shipping state, and start over,but I am not that experienced so that is usually how I take care of similar troubles.