Slice of Life island resort [INTEREST CHECK]

Started by Lynnette, June 22, 2016, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Lynette, I don't know the source material and don't know how close you are basing this off it, but what kind of employee roles will there be? Can we assume any kind of normal role found in a holiday resort or do you plan on having any extra ones that have sexual purpose (such as maids that clean the rooms and offer extra services, or poolside waitresses that do likewise)? Even without guest interactions these job-types open up extra plot ideas.

How big is the resort? Is it small and cosy with only a few staff or is it huge and caters to 100s and 100s of guests? I'm trying to find a role where a character can fit and get a sense of the place they are in.

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you!

Lynnette

Quote from: Haibane on July 01, 2016, 03:17:10 AM
Lynnette, I don't know the source material and don't know how close you are basing this off it, but what kind of employee roles will there be? Can we assume any kind of normal role found in a holiday resort or do you plan on having any extra ones that have sexual purpose (such as maids that clean the rooms and offer extra services, or poolside waitresses that do likewise)? Even without guest interactions these job-types open up extra plot ideas.

How big is the resort? Is it small and cosy with only a few staff or is it huge and caters to 100s and 100s of guests? I'm trying to find a role where a character can fit and get a sense of the place they are in.

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you!

Sorry for the long delay before my response, I've been stupid busy the last couple days, things should cool back down after tomorrow however.

Again, don't worry about the canon, I'm just taking ideas from it, I'm not directly adapting it. However, I'm thinking somewhere in the middle ground. In the VN, the game is displayed to have about 12-14 huts (see the images on the header) and a separate more hotel-like building they never disclosed the size of to a scalable degree, however, I'd assume there would be about 15-20 rooms there as well, going by the scarce amount of images I can find without booting up the VN myself and finding a frame where the building is in view, so it'd be a sizable resort, for certain.

I'll elaborate a bit on the canon to figure out a couple holes that more or less have to be explained, the resort has, in the canon, yet to open, with the manager working on the paperwork, whilst using the workers hired for the summer as her guinea pigs to find out what has to be further worked on with upcoming guests in mind. The appointed staff at that given point was limited to the manager herself, the head chef, and around six summer-hands, however, this part, we can scale as we see fit pending on the interest, even if the resort isn't open yet for residing, the restaurant and any bars on the premise could still be open for locals etcetera to keep the losses down a tiny bit. Without elaborating too much on the matter, positions that'd be available (More by request of course, if there is a position you want, I'll evaluate on the spot) would be the following

- Manager (Would be played by yours truly for GMing purposes)
- Economist
- Chief of staff
- Head chef
- Bartender(s)
- summer hands

I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Haibane

I am happy to have my lady be the Chief of Staff or the Economist, whichever you need filling most.

Moon Hound Hati

Gimme Head Chef. We both know naked apron has to make a glorious comeback, Lynn!
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Chrystal

I shall be withdrawing my interest. Sorry but this is not what I was thinking it would be.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

pdragon

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Lynnette

Quote from: Haibane on July 04, 2016, 12:20:36 PM
I am happy to have my lady be the Chief of Staff or the Economist, whichever you need filling most.

Chief of staff is likely the more important role to have filled, economist isn't that relevant, at least not unless someone wants the role.

Quote from: Chrystal on July 04, 2016, 04:06:15 PM
I shall be withdrawing my interest. Sorry but this is not what I was thinking it would be.

I'm sorry to see you go, know you're more than welcome to come back if you change your mind ^^
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Relikai

Lynnette

Lynnpai#4726

My request thread