[Scion: Hero] Recruitment Closed

Started by ererruz, February 11, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ererruz

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 15, 2016, 08:39:54 AM
Very glad to hear that!

Mostly the JSR compendium – which you already have access to, since you reference it in the rules – and its alternate Titanrealms and such (it might be important, for instance, for the player of a Pesedjet/Netjer Scion to be aware that instead of the Light Titanrealm, the Pesedjet/Netjer are at war with the Darkness Titanrealm, or for the player of an Aztec Scion to know that the Teotl/Aztlanti are going to side-eye hard at anyone with the Stars purview due to being at war with the Star Titanrealm rather than the Air/Wind Titanrealm, or for a Deva player to know that their pantheon consider the Yazata Titan loyalists and vice versa due to Illusion Titanrealm shenanigans (and that Vayu is somehow both Yazata and Deva)) and the JSR blog, which is still available. Mildly surprised you went with the Rus over the JSR Bogovi, to be honest.

Anyway, I do have an idea I'm kicking around I'll PM you about before openly committing to a pantheon here in the thread.

I guess you're right there, although -- for the time being -- I've been kind of ignoring which Pantheon is most engaged with what Titan, mostly because we're nowhere near the level where Titans come into play (of course, titanspawn are a different matter, so there's that). As for the Rus, I must admit, I had already statted a couple of Scions using the Rus and their Duality Purview, before I made the decision to use JSR. Since no one intends to play any of the new pantheons, I might still switch to that, but I'm unsure (mostly because I liked some of the Duality Boons).

indarkestknight

Officially throwing my hat in the ring. Will be hailing from the Celestial Bureaucracy/the Shen.

The character will be an orphan adopted by a Hollywood power couple analogous to Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt, with a bit of Will Smith thrown into the latter. The character will have siblings similarly adopted, so if anyone wants their characters to share that backstory, they're more than welcome to coordinate.

ReijiTabibito

If there's so many, then should I back off?  I don't mind if you don't want to handle 10 Scions all running around at the same time.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: ererruz on February 14, 2016, 05:48:37 PM
It might indeed be better to use her as a part of the backstory instead of a guide. We might elevate her to that later on maybe but for now I'd rather stick to a pantheon only stuff.

That's cool. I have an idea or two if she'd be around long term ..

Quote from: ererruz on February 14, 2016, 05:48:37 PM
Yeah, I think I know which one you mean. I'm looking at it at the moment. Come Running is a 5th level Boon after all.

Yeah. It all ties the relic together to the duty and the geasa, so it seemed a sensible package, but how we cost it? Could possible drop the purview and make it tied solely to a single purpose that way?

Quote from: ererruz on February 14, 2016, 06:14:16 PM
Apart from what's already been said (Guide+Relic): Brawl does not have specialties. It seems you've got more bonus points left than just the one you mention. According to my calculations, you have 6 left unless I'm not seeing something.

The Capoeira was actually just a note for myself as I was working on the character. I think it fit with the overall character, and was a change from the usual fighting styles seen.

Quote from: ererruz on February 15, 2016, 04:00:22 AM
A note about Indestructibility of Relics: I'm no jerk (usually XD ), so you don't need to worry about breaking or destroying your Relics. It'd require some serious effort/a scheme of sorts/ritual etc. to destroy a Relic. Spending a dot on indestructibility does make it absolutely indestructible though. (With the exception of Avatars and Ultimate Abilities. Nothing is immune to that.)

I was figuring on taking Whirlwind Shield and going the gun kata route over time, so having indestructable pistols seemed a good plan for stunting :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Angie

Quote from: Phaia on February 15, 2016, 08:37:28 AM

YEA!!!!! all done...am I firstys done??!!  ;D ;D ;D

Phaia

Technically I beat you to that.

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

indarkestknight

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 15, 2016, 12:46:43 PMYeah. It all ties the relic together to the duty and the geasa, so it seemed a sensible package, but how we cost it? Could possible drop the purview and make it tied solely to a single purpose that way?

As noted in Scion: Companion, relics exist that mimic the powers of one boon. In this case, as Come Running is a 5th level boon, you could have a 5 dot relic that replicates Come Running at character creation.

HairyHeretic

I know, but in this case the relic, and ability, is bound to a single location. That's why I was thinking we might reduce the cost of it, or otherwise tweak things.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ererruz

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 15, 2016, 01:51:22 PM
I know, but in this case the relic, and ability, is bound to a single location. That's why I was thinking we might reduce the cost of it, or otherwise tweak things.

It also kind of rids you of the sense of urgency if someone's a danger to the place you're sworn to protect, you know it and you can get there in a blink of an eye (a Demigod-level power), even while in the middle of a very important adventure on the other side of the globe. So there's no chance for a moral dilemma - whether to continue with the quest, get it done asap and hope for the best, or abandon it and try to get there as fast as you can; or even a good way to stop you from doing that. To be honest, I am very wary of Relics with powers beyond the scope of Hero, even at their full cost... even if they're so limited as to one location.

AndyZ

Seems like this game is already pretty full, especially with only about 4-6 people being accepted.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: ererruz on February 15, 2016, 02:30:40 PM
It also kind of rids you of the sense of urgency if someone's a danger to the place you're sworn to protect, you know it and you can get there in a blink of an eye (a Demigod-level power), even while in the middle of a very important adventure on the other side of the globe. So there's no chance for a moral dilemma - whether to continue with the quest, get it done asap and hope for the best, or abandon it and try to get there as fast as you can; or even a good way to stop you from doing that. To be honest, I am very wary of Relics with powers beyond the scope of Hero, even at their full cost... even if they're so limited as to one location.

Fair enough. I can drop that part of it out then.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Lockepick

Name: Ezio Chrysos
    Calling: Cult Leader
    Nature: Libertine
    Sexual orientation: Homosexual; Bottom/Submissive
    Pantheon: Dodekatheon (Greek Mythology)
    God: Dionysus
    Nationality: American (Mediterranean Roots)
    Date of birth: July 28th

Motivation: Further build a cult, have a more 'modern' presence then the gods before him.
    Deific goal: God of Ecstasy and Personal Empowerment (Focuses on pleasure derived from breaking antiquated or irrational taboos and through personal success.) Focus will likely be on Epic Charisma, Epic Stamina, Emotion (Lust), and Sound.

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 165 lbs
    Hair colour: Black
    Eye colour: Green
    Distinguishing features: None
    Appearance: See picture; Usually adorned in comfortable, fashionable clothing, heavy jewelry.
    Face claim: None (Picture is a photomorph, not done by me.)

Personality: Nothing phases Ezio, nothing bothers him. There is a way to enjoy any and every situation, and Ezio is always game. Appearances and reputations have value, but at the same time, Ezio isn't concerned with any opinions formed on the basis of, what he sees as, irrational beliefs or fears.

Family:
    - Mrs. Marie Chrysos: Ezio's mother, who after their father's death, has taken her portion of his fortune and is now traveling the world in luxury.
    - Joseph Chrysos: Ezio's older brother, who has since 'grown up' and works as a lawyer.
    Friends and allies:
    - The Lidded Eye: Ezio's cult; a modernization of the Dionysian Mysteries, with a touch of Masonic hellfire club. The cult is made up of mostly bored socialites or the new rich. Since Ezio's Visitation, the cult has taken on a much more direct reverence to Dionysus directly.
    Rivals and enemies:
    - Anthony Parker: A local cop whose wife joined the Lidded Eye, to which Officer Parker was not very excited about. They have since divorced, and Ms. Parker has moved away, leaving Office Parker with a grudge against the cult.
    Background:
    -
    Background

The Chrysos family originally made their money through mining, but for generations, none of them have ever had to go anywhere near a mine. Even Ezio's father was barely involved in controlling the company. His wife and children lived in luxury from the fortune, having no understanding on the value of a dollar. Ezio's mother wanted to travel, and most places she wanted to go didn't allow the children to come with. It left Ezio and his brother to amuse themselves, typically with Ezio calling the shots, regardless of being the younger brother. The two latch key kids had the resources to do whatever they wanted, and youthful indiscretions moved from general mischief, to alcohol, to sex and drugs.

Ezio never had any intention to follow in his father's footsteps, and Ezio's brother was happy for the opportunity to do so. Ezio's brother graduated, and he would have done even better if it wasn't for Ezio's temptations. Business school was put on hold when Ezio's father died. The family was left enough to live off of, but the company was seized through some sneaky loophole. Ezio's brother switched to law, his mother went gallivanting to as many islands as possible, and Ezio continued doing pursuing 'artistic' endeavors, that even he knew was a sham excuse. Painting was a casual hobby, where singing and playing guitar in small venues more for the exposure and attention than the financial reasons.

A mixture of his wealth, connection to the arts, and his own depravity, made him the center of attention at most of the social gatherings. Soon he started throwing his own events, and introduction of a strict invitation list, as well as rituals intending to amuse and inspire, grew into something more. The Cult of The Lidded Eye crew from there, originally just a source of amusement for bored socialites, but gradually more committed members stuck around, until a true cult, focused on celebrating life, on personal success and empowerment, and Ezio was revered as a revolutionary at worst, and a god on earth at best.

Visitation:
    -
    Visitation

The cult had been as 'established' as a meeting of hedonistic heirs and heiresses could be, when Ezio had promised wisdom and enlightenment through a particularly nasty combination of narcotics. He had no good justification for the attempt, though even now Ezio would have considered it hubris. He needed the next big 'act' to keep his cult growing. Others, more trusting in Fate than human weakness, would have pointed out the similarities between Ezio overdosing on that combination of narcotics and on his return bearing a similarity to Dionysis' own 'second birth.'

It was hardly a typical fatherly lesson, but Ezio was brought back from the brink, and guided towards that perfect median of depth into the unconscious world, into some collective unconscious. He got a hands on lesson from his Divine Father on how to properly sink into the ecstatic unconscious, to gain inspiration from the collective unconscious. He lived out hours even if he was returned to the Cult and the waking world in seconds. The strength and wisdom of his birthright convinced the Cult of his divinity.

The Cult flourished more with its 'legitimacy'. The rituals had a tangible effect that went beyond blind faith or amusement. Silenus, the student of Dionysis, would come to them at the peak of their frenzy, to attest to Ezio's lineage, and offer inspiration and wisdom. Even if he had no interest in the cult itself, his task was in assisting Ezio. Ezio still has enough of his fortune that he didn't need to work. During the two weeks since his Visitation, his nights were spent delivering sermons to followers, or trying to find new ones. He continued to sing in small venues, his music just being another method in finding new petitioners.

Likes: Parties; Pushing people past their limits; Decadent Foods; New Experiences; Music.
    Dislikes: Fears of Society; Irrational Arguments.
    Hobbies: Indulging in his Likes. He also paints.
    Fears and phobias: Ezio might act like a big fish, but he understands that there are bigger and badder gods than him out there. Gods from his own Pantheon are known for being finicky, and he has to be careful to not be so bold as to draw their ire or spite.
    ONs and OFFs: Listed Here;
    - TLDR Ons: Masculinity, Power, Passion, Unnatural Anatomy
    - TLDR Offs: Femininity, Weakness, Insecurity

Legend:   2
    Legend points:4 : [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Willpower:6 : [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Experience (spent): 0
    Experience (unspent): 0
    Experience (total): 0

Virtues:
    Expression:   4  |  Valor:   2
    Intellect:   2  |  Vengeance:   1

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  3 (0)
    Dexterity  3 (1)
    *Stamina  3 (1)

*Charisma  4 (1)
    Manipulation 3 (1)
    Appearance  4 (1)

Perception  3 (0)
    Intelligence  2 (0)
    Wits  2 (0)

ABILITIES

Academics  1
    Animal Ken  0
    *Art  5
    Athletics  1
    Awareness  3
    Brawl  0
    Command  5
    Control  0

Craft  0
    *Empathy  3
    *Fortitude  3
    *Integrity  3
    Investigation  0
    Larceny  1
    Marksmanship  0
    Medicine  o

Melee  3
    *Occult  3
    Politics  1
    *Presence  5
    Science  0
    Stealth  1
    Survival  0
    Thrown  0
    Art: Singing, Dancing, Oratory, Painting, String Instruments

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
    Dexterity:  1
    Stamina:  1
    Charisma:  1
    Manipulation:  1
    Appearance:  1
    • Dexterity - Untouchable Object: Add 2x Epic Dex Rating to DV
    • Stamina - Raise Your Glass: Gain 1L from drinking (can't defend with Epic Stamina)
    • Charisma - Inspirational Figure: Give speech that goes uninterrupted; 1L = All who listen regain 1 WP
    • Manipulation - Overt Order: 1WP forces a target to obey a command (must be possible in one action, target can self-interpret)
    • Appearance - My Eyes Are Up Here: 1WP = Mortals can't remember Scion's appearance

PURVIEWS
    *Arete (Command):  1
    *Emotion (Lust):  1
    *Sound:  1
    Prophecy:  1
    Magic:  1
    • Arete (Command): +1 Die to Command Checks
    • Emotion (Lust) - Emotional Awareness: Detect all Lust in people I can see or hear (even indirectly). Perception + Empathy vs Wits + Presence; 1L for more details on one target
    • Sound - Mockingbird: Wits + Art; Mimic any sound
    • Prophecy - Hero's Herald: Give all bandmates 2 auto-successes on any future action. Scion must use some of 'Legendary Deed', but doubles benefits from Legendary Deed. Must roll on Fatigue chart for each bandmate.
    • Magic - The Unlidded Eye: Perception + Occult; 1L to sense magic and read auras

BIRTHRIGHTS
    • Gaudy Ring 001 - Emotion (Lust)
      One of his gaudy rings: thick gold band with a ruby.
    • Gaudy Ring 002 - Sound
      One of his gaudy rings: thick gold band with a moonstone.
    • Gaudy Ring 003 - Magic
      One of his gaudy rings: thick silver band with red jasper.
    • Gaudy Ring 004 - Prophecy
      One of his gaudy rings: thick silver band with an emerald.
    • Ares' Drunken Wager - 3pt Enhanced Xiphos
      Xiphos w/: Add L to "Dex + Melee" rolls; Can hit targets Lx5 yards away; Sword can change shape
    • Guide - 4pt Silenus
      Silenus is Dionysis oldest/wisest servant, and he speaks to The Lidded Eye during their ecstatic ceremonies.

Attacks:
    Ares' Drunken Wager; Accuracy: 9, Dmg 6L, Parry DV: 6, Speed 4
    Clinch; Accuracy: 2, Damage: 2B, Speed: 6; Piercing
    Unarmed, Heavy; Accuracy: 2, Dmg 6B, Parry DV: 3, Speed 5
    Unarmed, Light; Accuracy: 3, Dmg 2B, Parry DV: 4, Speed 4

Join Battle: 5
    Soak: Naked: 4B/3L/1A ; Heavy Clothing: +1B/+0L; Bulletproof Vest +2B/+2L (B, Fat 1)
    Health levels: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
                           -0  -0 -0 -0  -2 -2 -4 Incapacitated
    Dodge DV: 5; Parry DV: 6 (w/ Sword)
    Movement: 4y; Dash: 11y; Climb/Swim Speed: 2y
    Vertical Jump: 3y; Horizontal Jump: 6y
    Weight capacity: 220 lbs

BP:
    (4)Presence 1 -> 5
    (2)Command 3 -> 5
    (2)Art 3 -> 5
    (2)Birthright (Guide) 3 -> 4
    (4)Birthright (4x R1 Relics)
    (1)Birthright (Relic) 2 -> 3
    [/list]
    Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

ererruz

How much time does everyone need to finish their applications? Day? Two?

Angie

I require negative 1 days, Cap'n! (Sorry, can't resist)

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: ererruz on February 15, 2016, 04:44:07 PM

Mine should be done tonight!

HairyHeretic

Quote from: ererruz on February 15, 2016, 04:44:07 PM

Thereabouts. I have a few BPs to spend and the back story to finish up.

We can't spent bonus points on boons, but is there any issue with spending regular points on two boons from the same purview? One from the Hero book, one from the JSR?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

Quote from: Angiejuusan on February 15, 2016, 12:49:50 PM
    Technically I beat you to that.

Bah!! Lie lies!  ;) Guys just cause her scion, Choko, is all cute and sweet and carries a katana do not believe her she means to beat you senseless. Selena would challenge the girly to a drinking contest save for that little issue of the inner furnace in the cutey pie's belly.
    I am cringing at the thought of Choko doing shots at the bar of Selena's club, and drinking everyone under the table.

**plots to get a bottle of her papa's special rum that even gets Raiden drunk!**

Phaia

Angie

I don't mean to beat anyone senseless. I don't have Brawl. If steel has been pulled, I fully intend to do some carving.

She doesn't bet on her own drinking contest, any mortal going up against her is just going to see how long they last, for the thrill of the battle-and a little spread of her legend. If the other drinker manages to get to a point where any bartender would cut them off due to reaching dangerous levels of intoxication, she gives 'em a well done and cab fare home.

indarkestknight

Working on it, but because I began much later than everyone else, ETA is harder to estimate. May turn out somewhat bare-bones in comparison to everyone else.

Unrelated question: will Athena or one of Athena's Scion's have Kate Upton as her PB?  ;)

Admittedly, I have always thought that the idea of Athena turning men or women she's attracted to into flies, swallowing them, and then having Scions hammered out of her skull by Hephaestus nine months later a more entertaining notion than adopting the scions of other divinities. But, then again, if she looks like Kate Upton, another fun interpretation is that she's still a 'virgin' goddess as long as she doesn't have penetrative vaginal sex...

Phaia

Angiejuusan, found these images for Lucy Lui and thought you might like it

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nossreh/11060196063

http://my.greasy.com/cgi-bin/blogapp/img.cgi?image=92113609.jpg

Phaia

Angie

Phaia

Quote from: Angiejuusan on February 15, 2016, 09:43:18 PM
    Oh yeah, those are VERY tasty...

** swaps out a shot of Papa Samedi's Overworld Rum while Choko marvels at the pictures she never knew she had** [one shot is sure to put the gris gris on the drinker]

Phaia

{gris gris a voodoo spell}

Phaia

@ererruz -- It seems I did not add in the combat stuff for the knuckles. Do Brass knuckles use brawling or melee? From how they are listed I was thinking brawling. Also since they now have a 30' range does that mean Selena can actaully punch someone at 30 feet or sorta lets the 'hand' fly and punch with it? My first concept wasn't so much a weapon as a tool with it being now a weapon as well I was wondering how it would work effect wise?

Phaia

ererruz

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 15, 2016, 05:30:33 PM
    Thereabouts. I have a few BPs to spend and the back story to finish up.

We can't spent bonus points on boons, but is there any issue with spending regular points on two boons from the same purview? One from the Hero book, one from the JSR?

Generally no problem there, but kind of depends on the boons in question. Which purviews do you want to take?

ererruz

Quote from: Phaia on February 16, 2016, 12:07:50 AM
    @ererruz -- It seems I did not add in the combat stuff for the knuckles. Do Brass knuckles use brawling or melee? From how they are listed I was thinking brawling. Also since they now have a 30' range does that mean Selena can actaully punch someone at 30 feet or sorta lets the 'hand' fly and punch with it? My first concept wasn't so much a weapon as a tool with it being now a weapon as well I was wondering how it would work effect wise?

Phaia

I haven't checked anyone's combat stats, but I will once we've started. Brass knuckles use Brawl, and yes. You can technically punch someone within 10 yards thanks to your Relic :-)

Muse

Sorry about the drama earlier. 

Trying to put together a Scion of Vishnu, or some other Daeva.  We don't have any other Daeva scions I'd be competing with, do we? 

Does anyone have an idea of the gender spread? 
    A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)