News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you listening to right now? (Archive)

Started by despickable, December 11, 2011, 02:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaturnCeleste

I know the weather is really messed up but Florida remains constant, knock on wood!  We had a close call with Debby but only for flooding as it was not even a tropical depression but it seems to get worse every summer everywhere else but home!

Tom Waits - "Bad As Me"
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

Mordred

Quote from: SaturnCeleste on July 05, 2012, 04:54:39 PM
Mordred, I loved that last song you posted!  I have some Arabic/Indian/Hindu music as well.  I'm a real Tinariwen fan.  This song is Soixante Trois.

I also purchased both CD's of Playing for Change, their music is incredible!!  If anyone is interested, I can find a video or fifteen of them!  ::)

Sorry.. didn't properly see this till now. :) Yeah.. am insatiable for these sounds.. can't get enough. I'd transform myself into such a sound and bounce along happily forever, if I could. :)

Prem Joshua - Mangalam Dance of Shakti
*See Pillory*

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Mordred on July 06, 2012, 02:13:34 PM
Sorry.. didn't properly see this till now. :) Yeah.. am insatiable for these sounds.. can't get enough. I'd transform myself into such a sound and bounce along happily forever, if I could. :)

Prem Joshua - Mangalam Dance of Shakti

I liked that song, it was a little on the jazz side but the beats were strong, I love that low tone!  My necromancer at my place is Chung Zhang Guo and his banner says, I wanted to howl until I was nothing but sound.  I haven't have the heart to change it out yet, it really hits home with me.  But then again I'm a howler from way back.  ::)

I mentioned Playing for Change, I posted one earlier the Groove in G, it's got a few of the guys from Tinariwen in the song.  The reason Playing for Change is so much fun to listen to is because it's filmed all over the world.  The musicians make their cut then they are all mixed into the songs we hear, as well as the video footage of the musicians in their native county playing their native instruments.  And it's instruments from ALL OVER the WORLD!!  I get so excited talking about them.  The music is more upbeat than the songs you've been posting and I do have many of my favorites I'd like to share with you as you share your favorite songs!  Anyway, here's Playing for Change, Gimme Shelter.

Gimme Shelter | Playing For Change
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

Harley

Quote from: Moraline on July 06, 2012, 03:21:49 PM
For you Harley -

Wow, that's a cool video~  I like the music especially.  Thank you!

And, I thought I'd listen to some Joker impressions.  Mmmm.

Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger and Mark Hamill joker impressions

Xandria

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Autumn52

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Grainne

Be the change you wish to see.
------------------------------------------------

Grainne

OrchidofDarkness

Every thing I gave is wasted, and I'm the one whos suffocated.

Grainne

And..changing tracks..the man..not only is he sexy but can actually sing. :P And, I love this version too.
The Story, 30 Seconds To Mars.

Grainne

Sammyj3987

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Argleblather

Rainbow Writer
A/A updated 3.31.2020. Discord: Argleblather#0643

Rel Mayer

Kifer