(recruiting) Dawn of Man (PF, NC/EX)

Started by Zenkai, March 04, 2018, 11:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedPixie

Was there still time to apply or was this full/closed?

Zenkai

Group 1:

* Enlil, CN Fighter, played by Arcanist
* Evelyn, CG Rogue, played by Pipaluk
* Sabri, NG Bard, played by Thorne

Group 2:

* Ahum, LG Inquisitor (Protection), played by ThatFantasticBard
(2 free slots - probably Ahum's brother and Urmina)

Urmina looks fine from a mechanical standpoint. Smiths in the campaign work iron as well as bronze. It is considered a holy profession. All smiths working at the forge have met the god of smithing in their dreams; those of great skill have met him in person. Additionally, the work itself is quite unsuited for a woman, due to toxic fumes, injuries, and so on. Now, we just need to define her relationship with the god of smithing. Ideas? Preferences?

I'll take on 3 more characters to form a third group. There'll be some mixing and matching after the first adventure, so those groups are by no means definitive.

The first in character thread should be open today.

rikka

Can't think of any.  How about if she were an Alchemist or a Slayer?
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Zenkai

Quote from: rikka on March 08, 2018, 04:32:21 AM
Can't think of any.  How about if she were an Alchemist or a Slayer?

Well, your backstory just screams Oracle to me, right down to persecution, a god allowing her access to a craft reserved for men, and so on. Alchemist doesn't seem to be connected to smithing, neither does Slayer.

In case you missed it the first time :  https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Private:DawnofMan

OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284135.0

Arcanist

Woohooo!
Thanks for the link Zenkai,
Hi Pipa;uk and Thorne, sent pm to get a bit of information
Regards, Arcanist
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

rikka

Quote from: Zenkai on March 08, 2018, 04:49:03 AM
Well, your backstory just screams Oracle to me, right down to persecution, a god allowing her access to a craft reserved for men, and so on. Alchemist doesn't seem to be connected to smithing, neither does Slayer.

Sorry for not making it clear.  I was considering making a new character in case what I presented was inappropriate.  Are alchemists allowed and can females take them as a class?  Could there be a secret society of women who fill in the roll of slayers?

But your suggestion on Urnina being a oracle seems intriguing and I think I will go with that. Thanks.

Ons/Offs

towerhouse

Inani

Inani was born a slave in the slum of a large city that worshiped the fertility goddess, Inanna (or whatever name).  Life was hard in the city.  The one hope for the slave children (male or female)  is that they get selected by a strange ritual by the priests who identify those who are ancestrally connected to the Goddess who once walked in the city.   He was selected at the age of six, and his life was suddenly changed to a life of opulence in the temple.  He lived among the future avatars who are groomed to learn to accept the spirit of their Goddess.  His training involved how to lead the people in their spiritual life, becoming a good example for others, proclaiming divine edicts that would ensure a good harvest.  Aside from learning how to summon the spirits, they were trained in becoming the avatar of Inanna.  These avatars would go out in the city, blessing believers in their Goddess's name.  Some temple priestess also reward temple donations with divine sex, although he did not hold interest in this.  The beauty and resemblance to the Goddesses created an awe that their Goddess was truly powerful, pushing the common citizens past their awful existence, as they promised a glorious afterlife. 

She took pride in transforming into the Goddess knowing how much good it brought, and as she grew older, she was more comfortable in her avatar form.  When she was 16, one of the worst famines hit the city in decades.  Many people died, the slaves, especially.  In her 17th year, it was proclaimed by the priest king a joining with the Goddess was needed to end the famine.  Due to the beauty of Inani as an avatar, she was selected as the one to perform a century old ritualistic sex marathon with the priest king.  She was convinced of the importance of the ceremony, but the old man was repulsive to her.  They prepared her for the sex marathon by doing divine rituals that would make her become a sex freak in bed, in order to satisfy the lusty priest king.  She feigned interest, but found an opportunity to escape, becoming a fugitive to her city.  She has been travelling the world trying to find herself, also fearing reprisal from her priestly order.    Her Goddess has not left her, which only confused her further, as she was taught that loyalty to her order was important to gain her powers.
-TH

On/Offs

towerhouse

So, I posted the character sheet as well.

Also, was wondering if I can get a drawback.  I really like the drawback called hedonistic.
-TH

On/Offs

PixelatedPixie

withdrawn

towerhouse

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on March 08, 2018, 04:08:32 PM
  BACKGROUND
The ranking priests always liked to say that Harshada was the result of sin and heresy, especially when she was around.  She was the daughter of a priest and a priestess, but never met either.  The priest was executed for violating his vows not long after she was born, the priestess simply vanished.  Harshada was raised an orphan, one of dozens running around the temple grounds.  They were a cheap and easy source of labour.  If they wanted food, clothes, a place to sleep, they had to work for it.  They cooked, cleaned, carried, and generally were seen scurrying about.

Harshada looks pretty cool.  Maybe some way Harshada and Inani can have linked background?
-TH

On/Offs

rikka

Finally updated my character's background as well as her sheet.

Ons/Offs

PixelatedPixie

Quote from: towerhouse on March 08, 2018, 05:20:24 PM
Harshada looks pretty cool.  Maybe some way Harshada and Inani can have linked background?

I am not opposed to a linked background, assuming we both get accepted.  Did you have anything specific in mind?

Zenkai

Inani looks good. Gods have direct contact with their priests - how do you imagine inani's relationship with the fertility goddess? You've shifted your character's gender from male to female halfway through the background, is that intentional? If so, I'm tempted to add some bits and pieces to your story. Mechanically, chainmail is extremely rare and of dwarven make. Be aware there will be people wanting it from you. You can have the drawback, although it's not really necessary.

Harshada also looks nice. She has the same chainmail problem. Perhaps you two have the rare equipment from the same source? Like a thankful trader you saved from goblins or screwed senseless? Alsol I have to think of Harley Quinn whenever I look at that pic.

Urnina is awesome. Almost like a female Haephaestos. Both thumbs up. Do you want to join up with Rumar and Ahum? Do post in the character sheets thread as well.

PixelatedPixie

I missed the bit about chainmail, sorry.  I can change it, I just figured they grabbed whatever old stuff was in an armoury and tossed it at her as they shoved her out the door.  I was trying to use most of her money without loading her up with stuff.  I was figuring it was old, dusty, and disused, it could be valuable, and I am fine with people wanting it from her.  She could have gotten it from a trader she rescued if that works better.  But it would be easy enough to switch to scale mail or something else. 

towerhouse

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on March 08, 2018, 10:01:01 PM
I am not opposed to a linked background, assuming we both get accepted.  Did you have anything specific in mind?

Yeah, initially I was thinking like they came from the same temple, but I wasn't sure what your deity was.  If not, they may have met during travel, sharing their philosophy about their religious faith.  Inani has recently been shocked to realize she still has powers of her faith, even though she has been excommunicated by her temple, so maybe sharing about how Harshada gained powers without official training can help her learn how it works.
-TH

On/Offs

towerhouse

Quote from: Zenkai on March 08, 2018, 11:44:00 PM
Inani looks good. Gods have direct contact with their priests - how do you imagine inani's relationship with the fertility goddess? You've shifted your character's gender from male to female halfway through the background, is that intentional? If so, I'm tempted to add some bits and pieces to your story. Mechanically, chainmail is extremely rare and of dwarven make. Be aware there will be people wanting it from you. You can have the drawback, although it's not really necessary.

Harshada also looks nice. She has the same chainmail problem. Perhaps you two have the rare equipment from the same source? Like a thankful trader you saved from goblins or screwed senseless? Alsol I have to think of Harley Quinn whenever I look at that pic.

Urnina is awesome. Almost like a female Haephaestos. Both thumbs up. Do you want to join up with Rumar and Ahum? Do post in the character sheets thread as well.

Yeah, missed the chainmail too.  I changed it to studded leather.  Go ahead and add pieces to the story about the gender change.  I was thinking it happened not too long ago though...maybe a few months. 

As for the fertility goddess, I wasn't sure she would be so involved with the city.  I can imagine her teaching Inani and her fellow avatars about sex, though she would want them to be independent as well, always having the freedom to say no...as that is the allure.  If Inani is totally rejected by the fertility goddess, would she lose her spells?  I can imagine two possibilities:  1)  The fertility goddess loves sex and is very strict.  She rejects any one of her followers who disobey her orders to have sex with anyone she chooses.  2)  She is very open and loving, allowing her followers to chose. 

I actually prefer the first, but I just don't want Inani to lose her spells.
-TH

On/Offs

Zenkai

Quote from: towerhouse on March 09, 2018, 12:46:33 AM
Yeah, missed the chainmail too.  I changed it to studded leather.  Go ahead and add pieces to the story about the gender change.  I was thinking it happened not too long ago though...maybe a few months. 

As for the fertility goddess, I wasn't sure she would be so involved with the city.  I can imagine her teaching Inani and her fellow avatars about sex, though she would want them to be independent as well, always having the freedom to say no...as that is the allure.  If Inani is totally rejected by the fertility goddess, would she lose her spells?  I can imagine two possibilities:  1)  The fertility goddess loves sex and is very strict.  She rejects any one of her followers who disobey her orders to have sex with anyone she chooses.  2)  She is very open and loving, allowing her followers to chose. 

I actually prefer the first, but I just don't want Inani to lose her spells.

How much kink do you want in that transformation, or am I free to wing it?

The fertility goddess does have a mischievous side, mildly speaking. Offending her means death and barren fields. But if she likes you, you might drown in gifts. Inani's eidolon might be an embryonic avatar of the goddess. Who knows what will happen once it grows enough? At any rate, she won't be losing her powers any time soon, if at all. We'll need to modify the summoning list too, when the time comes.

I love the summoner class, so many ways to twist it into interesting shapes.

rikka

That would be great if we're raring to go.

Posted my character sheet.

Ons/Offs

Zenkai

Rumar, Ahum, and Urnina will form group #2 then. You can work out how you met; your starting position will be the same as Group 1. Approaching a small village you're hired to save from goblins. Your game thread will be up tomorrow.

ThatFantasticBard

Hrm, I'd say it's pretty obvious how Rumar and Ahum met, so we don't really have to figure that one out. :p

As for Urnina, I'd say that Ahum often went to her to get training gear from the temple repaired. I guess he couldve gone to her the day before he left to deal with the Goblins to get his gear in good shape only to find out she closed down her shop? And since she was looking to become an adventurer herself, they could've decided to team up to deal with the Goblin problem.

Of course if anyone else has a better idea feel free to chime in.

towerhouse

Quote from: Zenkai on March 09, 2018, 04:56:13 AM
How much kink do you want in that transformation, or am I free to wing it?

The fertility goddess does have a mischievous side, mildly speaking. Offending her means death and barren fields. But if she likes you, you might drown in gifts. Inani's eidolon might be an embryonic avatar of the goddess. Who knows what will happen once it grows enough? At any rate, she won't be losing her powers any time soon, if at all. We'll need to modify the summoning list too, when the time comes.

I love the summoner class, so many ways to twist it into interesting shapes.

I'm fine with any kinks.  I do have some On/Offs (M/M and not totally comfortable with futa).  I'm also hoping that she is still a female virgin at the start of the game.   How about the full transformation into a female happened right before she escaped as they did it to her when they prepared her for the sex ritual with the Priest-King?

If this is fine, I'll change the background.  And modifying summoning list is fine too.
-TH

On/Offs

Merdoroli

That seems fine. Rumar also would very likely have heard of her if she was in the same city as them. As he helped run the shop he'd know a lot of the local shops and suppliers. He also loves gossip so he's not likely to miss rumors of a female blacksmith. He likely wouldn't have met her however. At her shop at the least. Out and about on the town he might have but he'd want to avoid anyone thinking he was using her as a supplier as those rumors would hurt his father's shop's image and income so he'd avoid her shop proper.

PixelatedPixie

Quote from: towerhouse on March 09, 2018, 12:38:21 AM
Yeah, initially I was thinking like they came from the same temple, but I wasn't sure what your deity was.  If not, they may have met during travel, sharing their philosophy about their religious faith.  Inani has recently been shocked to realize she still has powers of her faith, even though she has been excommunicated by her temple, so maybe sharing about how Harshada gained powers without official training can help her learn how it works.

I didn't have a specific deity in mind, but went sun/protection, so probably not a/the fertility goddess.  But they could have run into each other at some point, though Harshada wouldn't have any more information about her divine magic than Inani.

Zenkai

Just to point out again, you don't have a god at the beginning of a game, and are instead considered to follow a divine concept (see http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/classes/cleric.html ). once a god shows interest in you, you can start following him. Divine magic is learned by talented pupils in scribe schools; non-talented scribes go on to work in the priesthood and are the pillars of palace economy. Inani is more or less an exception, because the fertility goddess has taken a personal interest in him/her.

Inani was born a slave in the slums Uruk. His early days were little more than ratlike scurrying under the whips of the overseers. Despite the harsh conditions, he was managing to eke out a reasonably comfortable exisetnce, compared to other slave children. Sometimes he thought his life was charmed. Then, at age 6, when children were split off to different duties according to the judgement of the overseers, life took a curous turn. A priestess from the temple of fertility picked him out, along with six pretty girls. That rose some eyebrows. Suddenly his life turned around, and lived with the girls in the temple's private scribe school. When not learning, he was doing the same chores as the other girls. At twelve, having memorized the books of rituals and holy edicts, he fully expected to become a priest. But that was again not to be. Instead, he was bathed in a pool of milk and honey, priestesses taking good care of his body, given new quarters. He attended lessons with future priestesses, soaked in the pool during the evenings, for the next six years. He became fair like a woman, an unearthly beauty shining from his androgynous face. At times, one could see an ethereal form shimmering around him. The established priestesses turned their heads from him and muttered, but none dared to do anything against him.

Finally, his eighteenth birthday was due. That evening, instead of the usual priestesses taking care of him, there was a woman of unearthly beauty, clad in gauze, an eight-pointed star tattoo on her forehead. A lion dozed in one corner of the room. The goddess herself had come to appreciate him. She bid him to lie with her on the altar, and he did. She bid him to drink her milk, and he did. She bid him to cut his flesh with an obsidian razor, and he did.

Next morning the high priestess, with a more than slightly miffed expression in her eyes, proclaimed that Inani was to be the priest-king's ritual bride. Everyone turned to see him, and saw a woman of stunning beauty instead. The ritual sex marathon with the priest king would be hers. The importance of the ceremony was great, but the old man was repulsive.  So only mere days after being visited by the goddess of fertility herself, Inani eloped. She was sure she heard the goddess laugh somewhere as the city stayed far behind her. The gifts she had, however, stayed with her.