Jack the Ripper, Gothic Romance (CLOSED for now)

Started by Noire Lace, October 18, 2015, 08:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noire Lace

Synopsis:
A young woman has begun to receive love letters from a man named "Jack," just as the murders of Whitechapel started. Although she is terrified of the possibility that her admirer is really the infamous murderer, she is drawn in to him & his charms. Jack the Ripper, as she suspects, is her admirer. The women he kills receive their judgement on nights that he is pining over his obsessive love, wanting the young woman's attention desperately. Will the killing cease when Jack finally gains the attention he wants, or will he seek to taint her & lure her into his dark world?

The Woman:
The object of Jack's affection will be played by myself, & is a bit of a social pariah in her own right. After her mother died at a young age, she began to have hallucinations of spirits, disrupting those around her until she was placed into a mental institution for several years. While a member of higher society, she is very often shunned by those who know of her time in the hospital & lives as a recluse in her library, indulging in books & foreign texts rather than dealing with people. The year before, her betrothed perished at sea while in the process of taking over her father's trading business. Soon the woman will be considered an old maid at the age of 20, & her father will have no one to leave his company to.

Jack the Ripper:
This character is almost a blank slate, save for two things; he is a killer, & he is a very alluring to other people. He can have mental disorders if you'd like, he can have supernatural roots if you'd like, & whatever real name/appearance you'd like is up for grabs. You want him to be a customer of the prostitutes before he finishes them off? Go for it. You want him to directly involve himself in the object of his obsession's life & make direct contact with her early on? Sounds neat. The only "restrictions" you have on Jack is that he can't be overly sympathetic or his killings won't make sense, & he can't overtly harm the woman he wants in a way she'd never forgive.

Goal:
As most of my stories, the end game of this roleplay is to have Jack the Ripper & the woman he wants to have a romantic, & maybe co-dependent relationship. I would like to explore a plot where Jack tries to convert the woman into a killer as well, but if you would prefer her to help him form a conscience instead, I would enjoy that as well, though that ending will more likely lead to a tragic ending.

Please PM me if you are interested. First come, first served.