Hufflepuff & Slytherin [f for m]

Started by lore, July 24, 2013, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lore

Their seven years housed together had been moving towards this inevitable volatile clash. Slow, steady, certain.

He'd baited her with the usual hate speech.

She'd remained unnervingly unaffected, excelling where his pureblooded entourage faltered.

He'd sworn vengeance after being bested in an impromptu DADA hex exchange.

She'd never named him after his after-hours curse sent her to the infirmary with scars that would not heal.

They meet in a darkened hall, and finally he finds the words to cause her to lose her unwavering cool. Suddenly she's at his throat. They exchange heated words until finally he swallows her rebuttal with a rough kiss, cruel and bruising.

I'm open as to where this goes: NC, love/hate rough romance, something surprisingly tender. You are free to do what you will with your boy: vain sadist, repressed and lonely intellectual, athletic alpha - take your pic. You can be pure or not and compensating for it. My student is a mudblood overachiever, patient, introverted, devoted.

I enjoy creative writers who put care into their words. I am a major advocate of quality over quantity.

Sara Flynn
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
SARA FITZGERALD KING FLYNN

Blood: Muggleborn

House: Hufflepuff

Appearance:
Sara is les than average in height, but carries herself with a certitude that gives the impression of greater stature. Fair skinned with thick dark brown wavy hair falls in fringe in front of her dark intelligent eyes, she has an omnipresent knowing smirk on her narrow but full lips. She generally manages to navigate crowds without a second glance. She welcomes this, dressing down in the aims of drawing as little attention to her person as possible. She decided long ago that if she were to be taken seriously in her auror ambitions, her femininity would have to be swept aside, buried beneath the thick black, boxy glasses she uses while doing homework.

It’s only in her dark eyes, her determined gait, and the proud height at which she stretched her pale neck to hold her head that her humble self-presentation falters. She has gazes that can cut through a man, and the serious composure of a woman not to be trifled with. She’s also mastered the indifferent shrug.

On special occasions, Sara leans toward elegance and simplicity. There is a blotch of white skin on her left forearm, the remnants of a flesh-eating curse. She usually wears long sleeved formal wear because of this.

Personality
Patronus: Hawk
Ironically, Sara was in blinding pain during her happiest memory. Her mother was holding her, cooing gently how strong she was, how proud she had made her as she lay bleeding on the sidewalk. Sara swerved on her bike to avoid a toddler that had waddled away from a pick nick. She remembers her mother’s fingers combing through her hair as she squinted into the sun, catching a glimpse of a hawk circling above. Ambulance sirens blared in the background.

Boggart: A giant, slimy maggot with several rows of razor sharp teeth.

Amortentia:
pavement after rainfall
campfire
potting soil

Overall:
why so serious?
Sara did not have set out to become the pragmatic, non-nonsense student she is today, but she remains convinced her future requires it. She is a woman of ambition, and has accepted the grim reality that is she was all bubbling giggles and vapid smiles, she would have a difficult time realizing her career oriented ambitions. Sara isn’t out to climb the law-enforcement ladder for personal gain, but for principal. She’s aspired to community service ever since she was old enough to read anti-muggle headlines splashed across newspapers or tabloids. She knew then as she knows now that all isn’t right in the world, and that veering toward the better would require the hard work and sacrifice of a number of good people. Those close to her know there’s a little fun lurking behind level headed facade. She has a secret vice for cheesy jokes and puns, as well as comedies.

why so quiet?
Sara is a woman of few words. Some had made the costly error of assuming her silence was a result of being dull, but it is largely attributable to her introversion. When confronted, rather then be loud and defensive she just watches, contented, with a 'the only reason you're hassling me is because I'm better then you and you know it' cool composure. She grew into an attentive listener, and a shrewd one at that. Her keen mind is a critical one. She possesses the uncanny ability to discern a lie from the truth with a far smaller than average margin of error. Though some might be surprised to hear it, Sara also feels deeply. She cautiously chooses her words to best express herself, and avoid hurting others she’d rather not. Chatter also tends to clutter her thoughts. She prefers to work out problems internally rather than babble about them aloud. It’s typical for her to bound from her desk after a prolonged, dead-staring silence over a cup of long cold tea, having made a connection she’ll eagerly share.

Nationality: British

Hometown/Birthplace: London

Family:
Mother: Rebecca King – Waitress turned homemaker. Died delivering Sara’s unborn brother. All of Sara’s memories regarding her mother are warm and kind.
Father: Eddie King - Sara still remembers him as the ever cool late night DJ he was before drugs and depression ravaged his life.

Adopted Mother: Helena Hannigan Flynn- Contributor to The Daily Prophet
Adopted Father: Jason Flynn - Ministry of Magic - Portkey office
Adopted brother (Slytherin): Once friendly, now competitive. Sara has long harboured a secret crush on him
Adopted brother (Ravenclaw):
Adopted brother (Ravenclw) :

Overall:
Sara was born four short months after her parents’ marriage and returned from hospital to a crammed one bedroom London flat. The two troubled teens had to grow in the parenthood, fast. Eddie abandoned his music star ambitions to work the night shift as a radio broadcaster, and Rebecca began bussing tables. England was experiencing a renewal, and the Kings profited from the boom. By the time Sara was a toddler they had secured a two room flat in a safe neighborhood. Rebecca was able to quit her job and become a full time homemaker. Some of Sara’s earliest memories are being seated on her father’s desk, pawing at microphones with the weight of oversized headphones throwing off her balance.

When Sara was seven, the timing seemed perfect to give her a sibling. But as the Kings readied to welcome their first planned child into the world, something went horribly wrong. Both Rebecca and her unborn child were lost in complications during delivery. Eddie gradually slipped into depression, then drink, then drugs. Sara was largely oblivious to the ensuing neglect she suffered, but the neighbors took notice. Child services were called in, and when it was discovered there wasn’t a scrap of food or clean laundry in grungy flat, she was taken. The next few years were spent bouncing around foster homes. Trouble and strange happenings followed her – objects breaking and moving as if of their own volition.

When her Hogwarts letter came, it was accompanied by a strange man who spoke of even stranger things – of an entirely new world to which she belonged. She was introduced to an entire family who had abilities exactly like her own, and an expansive country home to share. A wonferful, generous, kind couple who wanted nothing more then to make her feel loved.

She hated them.

Sara wanted her father. She wanted the sound of his records and the smell of his cigarettes. The only magic for which she pined was the kind he could pluck from a guitar. Sara brooded for days in her room, entirely unaware that directly on the other side of her wall was a boy her age, just like her. He’d talk to him through the vents after lights out. Her parents always seemed to be harder on her brother.  Her accomplishments received praise where his always seemed to be expected.  She even seemed to become closer with her younger brothers. The exact moment she realized all her adoptive parents had done for her is forgotten, but she grew to love and appreciate them.

When she was sorted into a different house than her brother of the same age, she was disappointed, but this sadness was rapidly replaced by betrayal when she found her sibling surrounded by new Slytherin friends who hated her for her origins. Over the years a competitiveness blossomed between the two. She's earned a reputation as a diligent student - independent, competent, and trustworthy. She volunteers when volunteers are needed, and never shies from pitching in. Having endured a rocky childhood has left her with a sense of invulnerability. She's ready to face whatever her remaining year has to throw at her.

Time Zone:
EST

Playby:
Alison Mossheart

Ariel

Oh my God.

Yes.

*Jumps up and down* ME! Pick me! :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

lore

How can I say no to that enthusiasm?

SOLD to the half-fish half-lady.

Ariel

*Giggles*

The normal people call me mermaid. :P

Sending you a PM!
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Visna

Good luck to you two! But, if things don't work out or you're willing to play two versions of the story, let me know.  :-)

BlackRose

Curse my sudden desire to do something that wasn't scour this board looking for a roleplay when this was posted.
Questions are dangerous, for questions have answers.

Rules/Ons and Offs

"Romantics... The original Emos..." ~Storiwyr

lore

I added a more fully flushed out profile for my favourite mudblooded huffle.

I'd be open to writing other stories with her. She has an adopted bother of her age. I imagine he has a gaggle of friends who both enjoy testing his loyalties and getting on his case.

lore

After being away for a long while, I would very much like to take another stab at this. Any takers?