I chose my username because..

Started by Ariel, July 27, 2013, 02:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VigilantLlama

I think Llamas are cool, but i also wanted it to sound sort of mysterious as well.

Katrina

Katrina is one of my World of Darkness vampire characters.

Ssieth

Another character-based one here... it was an old Starwars RPG character of mine.

Since then I've used it as a username all over :)
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (13th November 2023)
One-on-one ideas (5th July 2023)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Elysian Radiance

Because I try to bring light and cheer to all situations.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Piper

Piper. It just sounds happy and cute and cheerful and friendly. Like me! :D

Queen of spades

~Queen of Spades' plots and scenes ~
~Ons and Offs~
~A/A~
In private messages, feel free to call me 'C'

Loina

The tale of the Loina;

It started on a dark and rainy night...

Lightning crashed overhead as I tucked my head into a hoodie I bought from the local sweatshop supplied crap heap, I wasn't as bad ass then as I am now, I hadn't even discovered the joy of Whiskey.

Tucked into my hoodie I started running, rain was still an issue for me back then, even a drop of it would ruin my fabulously long hair, something I became aware of as the heavens poured down upon me upon rounding the corner into my close.

Just then a great bright light struck me from above, I felt myself lifted up into the sky, ascending on a pillar of light up into the heavens until I sat face to face with some unknown deity..

He said "If you can beat me in a drinking contest, I will give you my power and a bad ass new name"

The Deity later died of an alcohol poisoned liver and I got his shit and the name.

MiaFire

Mia- Means 'mine' in Spanish and I was shocked to find myself shiver quite yummily when it was growled in my ear (in English), but would sound weird as a name, so I translated it.

Fire- Because I think of the Phoenix as my symbol which is usually engulfed in flames and Hubs is a firefighter.

So... MiaFire.
In the darkness of the mind and the shadows of imagination...
-

ausyandy

I'm an Aussie.

And my name is Andy.

MiscMrE

My initials are MSC, The I is there because I never fit in with the nipple I had around me in my formative year.  The MrE... because who doesn't like a good mystery?

Strangefate

Strangefate is borrowed from a comic book character in the Amalgam Universe, a combination of Dr. Strange, Sorcerer Supreme, and Dr. Fate, a naff with a gold bucket on his head.  He looks like this.  I thought it sounded cool and was also a big fan of the film Dr. Strangelove, which is not at all related, but kinda sounds similar!  Plus I tend to log-in while wearing loads of gold jewelry and a fabulous red cape, but I assume everyone is like that.  I’ve been using it for casual screennames since I was in high school and it’s still one I go back to with some frequency, when not already taken by someone else.   

(Did I own that comic?  Yeah, I did.  I still might.  It would be in a box in my basement, kept purely for the sentimentality of it being my occasional online screenname.  It wasn’t very good but honestly… wouldn’t you love to introduce yourself as “Dr. Strangefate, PhD in MAGIC!”)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

JmBz

The autofill function on my browser, for some reason or another, retained a string of gibberish at some point. The first four letters of it were j, m, b, and z. For some reason, it stuck with me, and I now use it for all the sites I roleplay on.

And as a side note, I personally like to pronounce it as "Jimbezzy" :p

fbhkbki

My nickname was formed simply by bashing my keyboard many years ago because I wouldn't think of anything as a username....(no jokes!). I've been using this combination of scrambled letters for over a decade now.

Nnaasttey

1. It's actually a jumbled version of an old nick name I've gone by for years.

2. It perfectly describes the way I like my sec and my Role Play.
Nnaasttey in a nutshell :

My favorite kinks, what else i like and what i don't

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240005.0

Phantomhive

ISn't it obvious to Anime lovers everywhere I simply adore Black Butler lol.
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

Nnaasttey

No, it is not. I love anime, but I've actually never watched or read Black Butler. So thank for sharing. Lol
Nnaasttey in a nutshell :

My favorite kinks, what else i like and what i don't

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240005.0

Eskandar

I was scrambling to think one up and this one seemed to be my best thought out of very few. It might be growing on me but I think I read a username can be changed upon request so might be doing so. Unless it wraps me tight with no letting go in sight.

Codswallop

Frankly, I chose Codswallop as I see myself as a silly person. I like silly movies, I listen to silly songs, and I celebrate National Gorilla Suit Day every January 31st. I like to introduce humor when possible (and appropriate), and basically refuse to grow up. So Codswallop was chosen due to my love of nonsense, absurdity, and lightheartedness.

Ananym

Hi Codswallop, that's a great reason to choose a name. I like it.

I chose my name because the other couple dozen that I tried were already taken. Plus it starts with an A so that will put me near the top of the alphabetically list. That's a good enough reason right?  ;D

daxg2001

I use it as my pen name/username in other forums and websites and have done for years elsewhere, and it's unique enough that it doesn't conflict with anyone else. Yep, I'm boring like that.

MrDisclosure

Quite simple actually. "Disclosure" is one of my favorite books, and favorite movies. When I was asked to enter a username for this forum, it was the first word my eyes fell upon, and that came to my mind. I put the Mr. in front because I'm male, and to make the username look human, instead of a 'thing'.
[tr][td]
If you like any of my plays, let me know,
and we may cook up something of our own...
[/td][td]    [/td][td][/td][td] [/td][td][/td][td]    [/td]
[td][/td][td] [/td][td][/td][td]    [/td][td]
Movie Quote of the Moment:
T. McG.: What did happen exactly (last night)?
J.T.: The earth moved. The angels wept. The polaroids...are in my other coat.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chi

Because it's a name I've used for a number of years, and is part of my nom de plume on another site. Plus I'm too lazy to think up a new name lol
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

Swashbuckler

Because who does not love a well Swashed buckle?

Not to mention they are my favorite characters in anything that has them...

Mirrah

It start off as a pun that became a character's name. Now I'm partial to it.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

CottonKitty

I love cats but they can be a little aloof and particular.  The CottonKitty is a cuddly stuffed animal that likes happiness and hugs.