The Hunted, the Hunters, and the Hiding (IC)

Started by bluemoon, January 07, 2010, 12:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

Watching the demoness carefully as she twirled her hair in a pleasant but clearly nervous manner, Razuel suddenly felt bad for having put her on the spot. He was about to reach an arm to her shoulder in a reassuring manner...until he heard her story.

The Crimson Flood...no...

Razuel had not only heard of them, he had friends in his own small clan who had clashed with the infamous hunters. Seeing the wounds they came back with...Razuel couldn't help but think if Red could have been responsible for any of these.

But she says she has left them now...

Eyeing her warily, and now almost wishing he had some time alone to talk to Mika about the subject, Razuel clenched his teeth. He now understood the lycan's attitude.

"You're right, Red, family wouldn't do that. I think you've made the right decision but...what if they come looking for you now? Are you prepared for them? It won't be pretty. Still, you've cooked me a meal so that automatically puts me on your side..."

Razuel grinned and arched an eyebrow at the flame-haired demon, trying to ease the tension.

"If Mika has lost her home, and you have defected from a group of hunters, I don't think the best thing to do is stay here for much longer. We should try and find others like us...safety in numbers and all. I think we should get moving. What do you think? Mistress Flame? Were-lady?"

Razuel looked first at Red, then Mika, topping his speech off with what he hoped were jovial-sounding nicknames. He wasn't sure how the displaced lycan would take his suggestion...he wasn't exactly looking for leadership, but now having found company like himself, he wasn't about to let it get sprung upon by a bunch of armed humans.

Demik

Red was relieved when he didn't seem to be angry with her and smiled at his nickname for her. Defected? Her? She supposed that was true. She couldn't go back, not after helping Mika and having her eyes opened. She shook her head and said, "We don't have to worry about them coming after us here. They are... at least 50 miles to the East of us right now. I didn't want to be anywhere near them. That and they won't be able to find us without me. I was their tracker. It's going to be much harder for them to hunt without me. They depended on me for a lot of things. Without me they may even just fall apart..."

bluemoon

Mika growled at the name he reffered her by. 'Werewolves' the nae just pissed her off. It was a human nae for them, a fear within them. The werewolf they always thought of was a bipedal, blood thirsty beast. This was not what Mika was at all, though the full moon often brought out a similar side. She pushed herself off the ground, turning her head to look behind her.

"If you are honestly that weak, that you need more security to feel 'safe', you may be more of a liability than anything. I lived alone for years with no troubles." Mika grunted, allowing herself to fall back to the ground with a thud, releasing a flurry of dandelion seeds into the air. Her statement was not to truly 'get rid' of him, but to make him think before he spoke. "If there were many more of us, we would be in more danger than we already are. As is, I'm the best off, at least I can look human."

She couldn't help her cruelty, or harsh nature. It was part of her, pounded in by the decades upon decades of ignorance surrounding her. Bred in by her royal bloodline, and enhanced by those surrounding her. The stubborn lycan blod flowing through her veins most likely didn't help much either.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

WolfosTrodai

As morning broke Abhorrent was prepared for the journey that lay before him, he woke much before the sun, and remembered nothing from his sleep.  Dreams did not come to something as foul as this man.

"Wake my men, and we will be off in no more than an hour." Abhorrent said to his squire. The young man ran from the tent and within ten minuets hundreds of soldiers awaited their commander's orders. "We leave now." He shouted to the crowed.  They all knew their orders were to head east until sunset, but no more information would be passed from the officers to the troops.  Abhorrent was on the hunt that is all that mattered, wether it be beast or man they would follow him based on nothing but fear of his rage alone.

They traveled nonstop on foot through the muggy mashes and dense woods that were territories of men long forgotten, now taken hold of by the beasts that Abhorrent so loathed.  "Report." He called to his returning scouts.

"Your last hunter party says that they lost the princess at her dwellings in the woods, and your demon fled with her." The man stayed cautiously far while reporting.  Abhorrent angered ordered the man, "Go back to them and tell them to return to this point by sunrise the next day or they will become the hunted for the whole Crimson Flood!"  With that the man turned his horse around and fled in the direction he came from.

"They lost my demon..."

Ramael

Razuel took a deep breath.

"Call it whatever you want, Were-girl," Ramael emphasized, savouring the word this time. "Way I see it, the more of us there are, the more chances we have of mounting some kind of resistance, even a successful counter-attack. Or would you rather mope about here and wait to be picked off? You CAN take a human in a one-on-one scenario...can't you, little cub?"

He couldn't help it. His heckles had risen now, and his youthful emotions came hammering into his head. He couldn't stand apathy, and he had tried being nice. Lounging about, getting stuck into a rut...the demon shook his head, his necklace rattling faintly.

"The humans are used to picking us off individually, or even in pairs. Imagine the shock if they see five or more of us, charging back at them. Red here has just handed us a gift-" He looked and smiled again at the scarlet demoness. "-not only have they lost their prized tracker, but she is now on our side. The odds are slowly balancing out. If they are fifty miles away, that only gives us more incentive. That's precious time to find others, if not for a battle, then at least to make sure they're safe. Here we are, bickering amongst ourselves, whilst the Crimson Flood gets stronger and closer. Of course, we could just stay here whilst the Flood singles out all the young or isolated of us and massacres them...couldn't we, Mika?"

Razuel knew he had pushed the line, but it was a necessary risk if it would spur some action.

bluemoon

Mika snarled at him, "The more of us there are, the more attention we draw. The way it seems to be, if there are more near, they will be drawn here, no use wasing energy trying to hunt down our own kind." Mika was quickly tiring of demons and their charades, raising her body to all fours, she reached down gently loosening the kimono around her. Her body swiftly shifted into a white wolf, slipping effortlessly from her human skin, and clothes.

"If you feel the need to go out and lead the Crimson Flood to the others, then by all means, do so." She then caually walked off, down the hill into the valley of wildflowers. They did seem to have a natural draw to her, the others, even the Flood, though why she knew not.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red just looked between the two of them as they argued. She didn't know what to say, both had good arguments that made sense to her. They were more easily detected in greater numbers but if they had greater numbers they would stand a better chance against the Flood. As Mika walked away down the hill Red thought of something she had said and looked down at her hands and asked softly, "I don't look Human? I always thought in this form I looked like one..." She sighed and shook her head, "I guess it doesn't matter anymore." She closed her eyes and her form began to shift slightly. She grew a foot taller and her skin changed, turning deep red with lines of lighter red, orange and yellow so her skin looked like lava. Great demon wings came from her back, looking like thick, raging smoke with fire mixed in here and there. Small black horns came from her head just above her ears and curving back towards her back. Her spine grew longer into a long, whip-like tail which weaved back and forth. She looked at Razuel then at the ground as she wrapped her arms around herself loosely and said softly, "If I'm not going to be with them anymore I might as well not try to look like them..."

dready

A man walks along in a field of wildflowers, his eyes looking around slowly as he then gazes up at the sky, wavy brown hair cascading on either side of his face whilst the rest of his hair is pulled back into a short ponytail that doesn't reach past a few inches, though it curls up at the end in one single mass that appears to be almost that of a scorpion's tail. His hazel eyes glint slightly before he lowers his eyelids, his 5' 6" slim frame partially hidden by a tunic with light leather armor padding on the shoulders and torso. His hand rests on the pommel of the longsword at his left side, his free right arm resting just inside of the padding above where  the belt holds it in place against his form. "Such a beauty," he says aloud to himself, smiling as he then opens his eyes and starts walking straight forward, following the familiar pull of the wildflowers which he has always used as a way to decide which side he helps when he believes that his  assistance would be wanted outside of a group or organization. His somewhat determined wandering comes close enough to be perceived by the other occupant of the field before he could notice  them with his average human senses.

bluemoon

Mika's ears perked forward, her nose twitching slightly as she caught the scent of something rather unpleasant. "Human..." she growled lowly, her ears pressing back against her head as her lips curled, revealing her sharp teeth. She couldn't stand humans...yet, something smelt odd of this one. It confused Mika, but the sight of him made her growl louder, revealing her own presence to him. The fur on her back bristled, making her look much larger, her tail erect in aggression. To a normal human, she would look like a wolf, just a wolf, though white was an odd color for around the parts. The noise resonating in her throat was primal, and animalistic. She stood her ground firm, staring into the human which approached.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

dready

The growl hit his ears, and Ignis stops in his tracks though still resting his hand on the pommel of his sword. "Looks like I've been lead here once again," he whispers to himself, closing  his eyes for a moment to help focus his mind  on the growl and where it is coming from, which he then rests his hand on the handle of the sword, prepared to draw his  weapon in self-defense. "If you can understand me, then I'll have to mention that I'm here to help. The human forces have began to be gaining more than just an upper hand and I've got the means and the know-how of managing a way to fix it back to before their organization could manage such tactics and  strength," he calls out after opening his eyes, not wishing for whatever he has apparently threatened to actually understand as he has not had much of a practice with his sword lately, after all that last assassination before his departure is not something he would  count as sword-play in the least.

bluemoon

Mika slowly allowed her muscles to relax, just enough where she could move with slightly more fluid motion in her step. She circled around to the man's side, still standing far from him. She continued to growl, speaking through it as though the two did not come from the same mouth at all. "And why should I trust a human? You could be just another snivelling coward, too afraid to face me on an even level...Am I to accept you with open arms? To allow you into my radius, to turn my back for even one second on such a being?!" She continued circling as she spoke, her words spitting from her mouth like fire. "I think not, I can smell on you the death of my own kind. It may have been long ago, but I can smell it nonetheless..."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

dready

His lips slip into a  soft smile before stretching into a grin. "Then you are probably confused to the scent of humans amongst those same ones as well. Especially one that, by the sounds of it, you've already encountered if you were captured within the past ten or so winters," his grin is just a wide smile before he tilts his head up, feeling a gentle breeze against his skin. "For fire  have mercy on the souls of those who are damned with the curse of power, and for their ashes to have mercy on the fire which clensed the  wicked  and cruel as we all will burn amongst another as equals," he whispers out again, using his left hand to wrap a heavy leather strap around the guard of his weapon, then taking the longsword and its now locked sheath from his belt and holding it lightly with both hands, cradling the blade against one and gripping with the other just under the guard. "I'll ensue combat with you if you wish to vent your anger, but please keep in mind that I'm not here to kill the one who was chanced to meet me in a field which was named destiny." He spreads his  stance and  bends his knees slightly, ready to make  a quick side-step and swivel to bring up his guard if attacked.