Stupid YouTube Copyright Claim

Started by persephone325, June 28, 2016, 07:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

I appealed the claim again on the advice of a YouTuber I messaged. He said that they'll likely take action against me and I'll get a copyright strike. Then, I can file a counter DMCA. (Or is it DCMA? I can't remember.) So that's what I did.

Got an e-mail from YouTube today.

They dropped the claim! :D
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Oniya

Because they know they're full of cow manure.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

persephone325

Quote from: Oniya on August 03, 2016, 01:02:31 AM
Because they know they're full of cow manure.

Right?! lol I even linked the wiki page of when the game was created, the url of my video, and the Amazon page to buy the record containing the music I "stole". All had dates listed. I was like "If this isn't proof enough, then I don't know what is!"
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Twisted Crow

LostInTheMist

Generally speaking, if you protest the copyright claim under whatever reasonable fair use claim you can make, the douchebags will back off.

For example: A friend of mine made this credit crawl video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXN8vriIj-g

He actually has made several, each of which has been copyright claimed, the copyright claim has been overturned, and he's sent me a link to a playing of "I Fought the Law" by The Clash with the title "They fought the law, and the law won."

Fox Media had it removed for violating the copyright on the 20th Century Fox Fanfare. Later, someone else made a claim about the music. In both cases, he claimed that it was fair use under parody law. The Fox Logo is parodied, but the credit crawl, while technically a parody under law, was not intended to be humorous. That said, parody law is rather non-specific. If somebody could find humor in the content, usually it can be considered parody In both cases, the copyright violation claim was retracted. (Though Fox took the maximum legal amount of time, 29 days, to retract their claim.)
My Apologies and Absences  Updated March 24, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Unusually long bout of insomnia is slowing my posting rate.