Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, January 30, 2018, 06:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

Don't worry, we'll all get a chance to show off...eventually ;)

Orenji

Quote from: Pdriggy on February 07, 2018, 05:55:57 PM
Just some feedback, Cefrey has nodded twice now to a blind man. I expect it as a minor slip but if this was to be comedy it would be funny. :-)

Also I have not fully fleshed out the abilities of Barty yet as I was judging the power levels of the other, I'll come up with some ideas and items and post them here soon for sign off as a good fit.

Heading to bed now so next post is last for me today.

...whoops, looks like I missed that line. Sorry for not noticing, but it didn't really come up after that.

If you want, you can take a look at the player's handbook for Dungeons and Dragon's 5th edition for inspiration. I based my character off of the extra, untested material they released about the Mystic, a class that uses psychic powers, and made a 3rd level Wu Jen, a subclass that dabbles in wizard spells, tho I made some tweaks cuz it's not built that well...

Lady Jenn

I could've made that post so much longer, but I didn't want to seem like I was pulling your characters around too much between your posts lol

Orenji

Thanks for being considerate, but you don't have to hold back if we miss anything. I'd rather just fix a mistake I've made before it goes on too long than find out late like this and have changed an important factor of any of the plot or your characters.

Lady Jenn

This is more so Pdriggy can properly introduce himself, cos once they enter the town logical moments for him to do so are gonna be thin on the ground. Plus I'm quite happy to change elements of plot, I'm not so fixated on this story as to be "HOW DARE YOU NOT ACT IN AN EXACT WAY YOU COULDN'T KNOW WITHOUT READING MY MIND!" XD

Orenji

lol, yeah but I appreciate when you go back and fix details about Cefrey's various identities, she doesn't reveal her true identity even to her closest, oldest friends if she can help it, and I think that's an important part of her character, and even if Ariadne managed to find out right away somehow, she'll still keep it hidden from others

Lady Jenn

You know that's gonna be his next question right lol? I think Ariadne's attitude is essentially "Laeran is lucky I like him, cos I would've got more pissed off with him otherwise"

Orenji

Hey, Lord Bane, can you specify some things for me I'd like to know before I write up my next post in the main thread?

Is the Dragonblight Kingdom cut off from human kind and/or other races? Are the dragons that make up the Dragonblight Kingdom full grown, monstrous dragons, humanoid dragons like D&D's dragonborn race, both, or something else? What percentage of people in Dragonblight are dragons? And are dragons normally hostile to humans and/or other races?

Lady Jenn

• Technically not cut off, but it is surrounded by walls large enough good luck getting past them even if you have a siege engine lying around somewhere.
  • They're a mix, everything from baby whelps, through teenagers to massive dragons, up to Stormrider who'd make anyone bar Deathwing from World of Warcraft look like a dwarf in comparison. Particularly skilled dragons can take on human forms though, which generally have some element of their human side which reflects how their dragon form looked. There are also Thunder Lizards...which I'm gonna leave as a surprise because you will meet one eventually...But essentially everyone in Dragonblight is a dragon of some form.
  • There was a time when dragons were friendly to other races (indeed Ariadne may or may not bring up the Dragon Wars, one of many times dragons joined the wars of other races on one side or the other), but when Myraz took the throne, and the artefact, he murdered the current Dragonlord's father, at which point the dragons retreated into the Blight, swearing to one day exact revenge. So, while they might not be OPENLY hostile, they aren't just going to bow to Cefrey and Ariadne and go "Sure, we'll help you" instantly.

I should point out, there's a lot Cefrey's city would've been unaware of, but I'm happy to leave it up to you how much of this is (or isn't) common knowledge to her.

Lady Jenn

I'll let Pdriggy reply next since you asked him a direct question...and my next post is gonna move us on a bit so would be silly for you to be waiting for an answer lol

Orenji

K, thanks for elaborating on the dragons btw, it helped a lot when deciding Cefrey's plan, since she'd have gathered as much information as she could before making the trip.

Lady Jenn

There's only so much anyone would know anyway, the dragons haven't really been seen south in about a century...like, only elves are as rarely seen as them in this world (well, other than the rangers anyway)

Pdriggy

Quick update, currently travelling, not much WiFi. Will update tomorrow, really liking the game. P :-)

Lady Jenn

Oh, it only gets more fun from here, wait till you see what awaits you at Dragonblight, there is a big surprise (in more than one sense of the word lol)

Pdriggy

Orenji,
Can I respond to the recent post ahead of you are a response to Teral?

Lady Jenn

Sorry, I did make that so you kind of HAVE to post next

Pdriggy

For the sake of time, I'll post now as it is getting towards being late now.

Sorry to tread on toes Orenji!

Orenji

Go ahead, don't worry about me, unless you guys start assuming my own character's actions, I'm fine if you skip me to keep your own conversations moving.

Lady Jenn

You can always reply after him, I only didn't have a direct comment to you cos I thought it'd look a bit too much like I was dragging Cefrey into the conversation

Lady Jenn

Orenji, do you want to explain the blade? That feels like a good moment for Jun/Cefrey to step in, also it'll mean it's not just Ariadne and Barty back and forth lol

Pdriggy

Orenji, you are a gent to let me jump in ahead. :-)

I tend to want to let your characters post more when it gets to the personal sentimental stuff so if that is going well, feel free to skip me as needed when it occurs. :-)

Just to add, the drama is intense and looking good, :-D  but from a character perspective Barty would be likely to leave at this stage. He is being massively disrespected from his perspective.

Lady Jenn

While pissing off Ariande...and the other guy is like "Guys, calm down for five minutes and I can fix this probably"

Lady Jenn

Saying that, I could do the explanation, between Toral and Ariadne it'd be a bit of an info dump reply though XD

Pdriggy

The fact that Ariadne is sort of leading the group (for GM purposes obvs) from his perspective but she is unwilling to answer him directly (or you are having others interrupt/speak for her) that is causing this to be worse.

Not sure of this is intentional, but he is literally challenging her to account for herself and everyone is saying 'oh she is a pretty flower, leave her alone' and also 'she is soooo tough, like waaaay tough, super tough, you just don't know'. He is calling her out, so exposition from her to him is best here in my opinion.

Pdriggy

Orenji,
Feel free to jump in here, you've not had a chance for a while.
Night time here, will update tomorrow. :-)