Wheel of Time d20 system game [Recruitment open, 3/5-7 spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, August 31, 2011, 04:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

Removed, due to vandalism.

Aybara

Zaer I was wondering what section the game would be going in when the game starts?

PaleEnchantress

Since the 3 "main" characters of the series seem to be emulated through the 3 main men your looking for. I do think id like to base my character somewhat off Lanfear. She was a forsaken who sought to destroy the dark one.Then again most of the forsaken were more interested in dominatig then destroying. I read the rpg book but i'd like a bit of help Zaer to fit in with what you desire.

" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

The series indeed focus on the three men, as they all three are strong ta'veren but strongest is the one who is going to be Dragon Reborn. Also incase if you did not know; Lanfear was woman who wanted to love the Dragon but he refused take her and instead loved another woman. So Lanfear seeks by default seduce Dragon Reborn to dark side and become her lover finally, but incase if spurn second time she then is most relentless and reckless foe what Dragon Reborn can face (beware woman's wrath they say :P).

Anyways nothing wrong base your char little like Lanfear but you cannot be the Lanfear. Wikipedia has more info about forsaken and so on. Anyways as said and done; we got clearly two ta'veren as I haven't heard about the third one. So we need one male ta'veren at least added to the mix and then we can consider start the game (and perhaps accept one or two more people in with 5th level chars, preferably non-aes sedai as armsman, woodsman or even wanderer. Aiel would be quite far shot to be here at the area this point and time).

Anyways the game is likely going system small group and likely NC section as NC events are possible (and exotic maybe as there are non-humans in the setting like trollocs).

PaleEnchantress

Karasu may likely be the third ta'veren as she may be the counter point to me.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Aybara

To be honest I don't particularly love the idea of NC stuff in the game, it doesn't really fit with the feel of the world at least the way I imagine it. I know it's very tentatively touched on that some of the Forsaken get involved to that stuff but its not really something explored in the books. To put it bluntly it makes me consider if I'll enjoy the game, I have been looking forward to it but it might be best if I consider if I'll be comfortable playing in it.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if that is the issue for going NC section we could move to normal system small group game with exotic tag (as try convince me ogier, trollocks or gray men for being 'normal humanoids').

Anyways as said PaleEnchantress I do not let anyone expect me control forsaken in this game. They are most major mojos in service of the dark and so I control all the npc's in the game. You can may perhaps create 5th level PC who is actually dark friend (a lowest ranked follower of the dark lord) who tries seduce dragon reborn to darkness like Lanfear does (but as said; your not Lanfear and you should to be damn scared if she comes into picture and if she ever hears about your messing around with dragon reborn).

TheVongola10th

Nehal al'Payn was a normal, everyday lad from the Two Rivers, at least so he had thought, he was young, of a moderately tall height, and broad of shoulder. He spent his time as an apprentice to Master al'Shar, an expert blacksmith. Master al'Shar was a kind, but hard man, he always worked Nehal hard, but not to the point of extremes, he even allowed Nehal to keep one of the masterful hammers he had made, it seemed the buyer dropped out of the deal and no one around would want such a thing, so he had given it to him. He dreamed of exploring outside of the Two Rivers, of seeing the great cities of the world, little did he know that soon he would have the chance to do just that.

how's this? Sorry I'm not good at making good backgrounds, and to me it seems more like a intro than a background :S constructive criticism anyone?

Zaer Darkwail

Counts kinda both as intro and background :). It's decent but your better think your char bit deeper; Does Nehal al'Payn have parents or siblings? If so what their names are and what they briefly are as people and how he feels about them. How he end up apprenticeship as a blacksmith? Was he good at it, a family tradition or own interest. Or was he forced work at first as form of punishment but then started do willingly that sort of work as he enjoyed it?

Also bit personality if any. But overall your background is good as it is but as GM I like grasp onto PC's family members if I can and tackle them to plot if possible.

TheVongola10th

Mysterium

Thank you for the clarification on several things that had me wondering, Zaer.

I myself, am not interested in this story being NC. With the distinct possibility of possibly more than half of the channelers being 'dark friends' that is NOT something I desire nor would I enjoy it.

I don't mind there being sexual elements, I simply prefer to have a choice.

M
Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways!

Kate

i think what zear was implying is that nc things happen in the world (not necessarily to our characters)

ie you hear wind that a group of trollocs have raped and pillaged three villages close-by three months ago and its now burnt to the ground and the few survivors have fleed to ... X.

Zear has read the series and there are no explicit rape scenes etc, which i think some who are against nc were worried about.

Even from just a politics perspective this game could be really interesting there are a lot of proud powerful cultures.

Mysterium

I've read the majority of the series too, Kate. I'm 'rereading' now. I 'get' what happened in the story perfectly. My concern, is that actual PC's abuse such a thing. It was not made clear to me that it wouldn't be possible. Being raped, or forced to endure those things by Pale's character, or even yours...not saying it would happen....is not my idea of 'fun'. The point is, it was not clarified, and I do not want the chance to be given to a darkfriend to violate my character in such ways. NC = non concent To me, that says "Yes your character could be raped etc... and you can do nothing about it" Yea...not where I want to go at all.  Not to mention the fact that there would be NO saving roll at all should one of said 'dark friends' decide to 'still' my character.

Aybara

I really don't think games have to go into the NC section because at some stage someone says "The trollocs I heard they raped and pillaged the village to the north." I might be mistaken in this I'm new to the site but I really didn;t get the impression that was what it was for. By the same leap of logic almost any game would be forced into NC because in the world it could happen and could be mentioned. I had the impression the section was to clearly show what might happen in the game.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, NC section does mean non consensual events targeted on players mostly. But consider little of the NC stuff which we can just write out for being 'has happened so' instead going detail we can stay in the normal exotic small group game setup until 1,000 posts.

Also I do need refresh myself sooner or later, but was preoccupied last week to pick my own hardcover copy of the first part :P. I would be glad if folks would help me count so far all submited charsheets, names and roles filled so I know what we are missing and what we have now.

Mysterium

Ok, this is what I have thus far! No one else has actually produced more than 'ideas'. If Muse is Ta'veren...would you please tell me so I may update this list??

Muse =    Ren Al'Seen: Two Rivers Junior Division Quarterstaff Champion. Dai'dore/Wilder
Mysterium=   Vitani Chevalier  Accepted, bound for the Yellow Ajah from Andor
Aybara = Daniel al'Forel  He's an armsman. A former caravan guard until he returned back to the two rivers recently. Ta’veren
Kate=   Sylvia          Accepted
The Vongolo10th =  Nehal al'Payn  Woodsman From the Emond's Field  Wolfbrother talent  Ta'veren 

Aybara

Kate

Mysterium

Mysterium

Zaer,

I have a suggestion. Can't we just put this game on the "Light:Big groups" board? Then we wouldn't have to move to another board.

Zaer Darkwail

Problem going to big groups is that we need 1,000 post for our game thread before we can move there (rules are rules). But I will start the game thread this weekend. I recall Muse had ta'veren also and I send him poke now inform the game is starting (I need the ta'verens).

Mysterium

Yes, I am still learning how things work here.  *nods then pouts* Oh...ok you dun need the girls eh? *snickers*

Muse

Hi everyoen, sorry I fell so far behind. 

I still owe a sheet before I can begin, and I think i have one half made! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)