Java Script problem

Started by Lady Lunarius, January 21, 2010, 10:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lunarius

Okay so Youtube worked for me the other day..but now I keep getting a Javascript error....I've tried to download the new version and what not but it doesn't help at all. Could someone help me? I've tried turning java on and off again, clearing my cookies and such...but I can't get it to work...any suggestions?

Here's what it looks like:

The Problem
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Trieste

Looks like you're running Mozilla on XP? I was just talking to someone who is having that problem with Windows 7, apparently...

Oreo

Trieste. I just patched my problem again by going to Photobucket of all places. When I loaded my picture and clicked to copy it, a prompt came up to install the Adobe plug in. This is the only plugin that seems to actually work on my pc. The only problem is when I shut down Mozilla, the plugin stops working. Until the glitch is worked out, at least I can use it for the day to run my flash player. I know it isn't truly fixed yet, but it works for now. I'm on a new ASUS laptop with win7 and Mozilla.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Vekseid

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on January 21, 2010, 10:22:07 PM
Okay so Youtube worked for me the other day..but now I keep getting a Javascript error....I've tried to download the new version and what not but it doesn't help at all. Could someone help me? I've tried turning java on and off again, clearing my cookies and such...but I can't get it to work...any suggestions?

Here's what it looks like:

The Problem

You're using both McAfee and Norton? O_o

Neither are really that hot compared to Avira or MSE - see my healthy computer thread : )

Avis habilis

Norton has a long history of killing JavaScripts. You might want to try deactivating it while you're on that page.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Avis habilis on January 22, 2010, 08:48:05 AM
Norton has a long history of killing JavaScripts. You might want to try deactivating it while you're on that page.

Actually I tried that, even reinstalled when Norton was off but it still didn't work.

Quote from: Vekseid on January 22, 2010, 06:00:04 AM
You're using both McAfee and Norton? O_o

Neither are really that hot compared to Avira or MSE - see my healthy computer thread : )

Actually I just use Norton, I turn off McAfee. I don't trust myself to take off programs. (I'm not great with computers.) But thanks for the linkage I'll check that out.

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Vekseid

Turning off isn't always going to be sufficient. Especially for things like Norton/McAfee that sometimes require special removers. They like to break things.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Vekseid on January 22, 2010, 09:58:24 AM
Turning off isn't always going to be sufficient. Especially for things like Norton/McAfee that sometimes require special removers. They like to break things.

Hmm, so I'd have to remove them completely?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Oreo

I'm a stickler for my anti virus and have Avira, CCleaner, Malewarebytes, Spybot and SuperAntiSpyware >_> Probably a bit of overkill, but, hey, I haven't had a cold or flu since installing the last one. So Norton isn't the problem for me loosing the Flash player. >.> it was still turned on today however after I reopened Mozilla, which I thought would kill it. So now I don't know what is making it come and go.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Vekseid

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on January 22, 2010, 09:59:19 AM
Hmm, so I'd have to remove them completely?

Yes. Under your control panel, add-remove programs.

If you ever have access to a laptop with an independent connection, you could have someone walk you through cleaning your system up with some confidence : )