Je Suis Charlie...

That's sweet, Tainted...
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Kendra

Callie Del Noire

consortium11

Je suis Charlie

Je ne suis pas Charlie , je suis le flic Ahmed morts . Charlie ridiculisé ma foi et de la culture et je mort en défendant son droit de le faire

I am not Charlie, I am Ahmed the dead cop. Charlie ridiculed my faith and culture and I died defending his right to do so

gaggedLouise

Je suis Charlie - that magazine really is a symbol of the meaning of freedom of speech, and has been for decades. Also, several friends of mine in France and here in Sweden are or were avid readers of Charlie-Hebdo. I've been an occasional reader too, and have a big album of cartoons from it by Cabu, one of the guys killed the other day, a cherished book and wildly funny.

Also commented here on a song that feels more pointed now than it's done in a few years.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: consortium11 on January 09, 2015, 09:53:12 AM
Je suis Charlie

Je ne suis pas Charlie , je suis le flic Ahmed morts . Charlie ridiculisé ma foi et de la culture et je mort en défendant son droit de le faire

I am not Charlie, I am Ahmed the dead cop. Charlie ridiculed my faith and culture and I died defending his right to do so

Thank you. None of the stories I read mentioned his name. Simply his religion

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Nico