Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TotesRider

Dragon Quest Builders is pretty radical so far.

Outside of that I started a game that I forgot I had bought from a steam sale earlier this year called Party Hard and it's pretty fun honestly. Basically think Hotline Miami where you need to kill EVERY MOTHERFUCKER mixed with Hitman in which you can't get caught. It's tough as nails but kinda silly in a fun way... like a bear will show up now and then to be the DJ and you have to kill him as well.

Sara Nilsson

A few games I feel I should recommend to you all :)

Cute Demon Crashers. It is a free visual novel with an emphasis on consent in sexual encounters. You can say "can we stop" at any time but other then the naughty part it is a fun game. And it is free, was made for a gamejam (https://sugarscript.itch.io/cute-demon-crashers)

Seduce me otome. Another free visual novel. Really cute and loving story about a young woman who finds a whole swarm of incubi suddenly living with her. (http://store.steampowered.com/app/367120/)

So if you like visual novels or just want to see what the heck they are about, I can recommend those. Specially as they are free ^^

Ceretraks

Quote from: TotesRider on October 12, 2016, 03:39:30 PM
Dragon Quest Builders is pretty radical so far.

Outside of that I started a game that I forgot I had bought from a steam sale earlier this year called Party Hard and it's pretty fun honestly. Basically think Hotline Miami where you need to kill EVERY MOTHERFUCKER mixed with Hitman in which you can't get caught. It's tough as nails but kinda silly in a fun way... like a bear will show up now and then to be the DJ and you have to kill him as well.

I remember seeing a stream of Party Hard and the twitch integration made it even more interesting. Basically the chat can vote on the next event and usually the chat voted for the biggest jerk move at first, only to try and play nice after the player had enugh failed runs that they wanted to go on. It's a pretty decent game even without (though the voice acting ain't it's strongest part).

And to not make my sole contribution a reply to a months old post, I have been binging on Final Fantasy XIV lately with some friends and man, for an MMO that games pretty good. The story has its ups and downs but it gets better as the game progresses (and even has the occasional cutscene that just screams Final Fantasy in the best way. Hell yeah multi-story jumping, blocking sword hits so strong they send things flying, etc). For a while I basically played it for the story even. The setting is fairly fleshed out and it's fun how after slaying a few giant, aether fueled monsters people actually start treating you like a hero. The gameplay is pretty fun too, not having to create new characters to try out classes means I can do some experiment and stuff like the "duty roulette" where you can essentially sign up to join a random person looking for a group for a dungeon in exchange for some pretty good experience points means that you will quickly get into even the optional dungeons or the early ones. And the game's pretty funny too at times, the amount of puns or references in questnames and such made me groan in appreciation a couple of times.

On the non-MMO front, been also getting into Kerbal Space Program again. Maybe this time I will actually send something to each and every planet and moon and not just make a bunch of stations and such in preparation for it :V

Csharynn

Final Fantasy XV, the hype is still there. I did play the demo for Nier Automata so I'll probably give that a Gamefly shot.

CaptainNexus616

Finished Uncharted 4 up yesterday. I was so pleased with that game on so many levels. It was a great cumilation of combat, story, graphics. It was practically what I have wanted out of the PS4 era. Instead of constant remaster of previous gen games with slightly better resolution for the price of a brand new game.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

mackehnry44

Yeah, Car Racing I played last night. Actually I enjoy car games a lot.

Le RandomBloke

If you play overwatch on the PC you can hit me up I suppose.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Frelance

I have been playing For Honor quite a bit since its release and I also just picked up Sniper Elite 4 yesterday.

For Honor is fun and the biggest issues are connectivity. I play on PS4, which does not seem to have as many issues as PC does. I am hoping it gets fixed soon.

Sniper Elite 4 is fun so far. I have not finished the first mission yet so I do not have much experience yet.

I have also just been getting back into Stellaris, Hearts of Iron 4 and Europa Universals 4. Europa Universals 4 (532 hours clocked in game on Steam) is still my preferred game made by Paradox but I enjoy most of their games.
Evolution is an arms race