Custom Universe+System Interest Check

Started by dready, January 16, 2011, 06:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Apologies! I'll have my character finished this weekend, to that I swear!

dready

Quote from: Primarch on February 04, 2011, 01:31:24 PM
Apologies! I'll have my character finished this weekend, to that I swear!
You kiss your mother with that mouth? jk jk >w<

Opheliac

Dready, since I have an affinity for earth and fire, can I have Jaednarr have an ability I don't have right now, as an application of my affinity? Say for instance, Ive attuned it to earth, so it can reshape the earth and stone if I focus my will through it and I tap/touch/strike the back of the handle against the targeted area of earth?

dready

You can indeed manage things like that, and do not require an actual set ability for such an action. Common races, and soulborne, get a single element affinity, which allows them to perform full triggers and effects through that element as if they already knew what those components are. A water attuned aquatic can send a surge of water upstream to speed the travel of a small boat if they so wished, instead of having to know 'Contact' for range, 'Surge' for effect, and 'Concentrate' for the trigger if they were not attuned to the water element.

A soul-borne can pick one of the five main elements for their attunement: Water, Earth, Fire, Wind, and Void. Now the first four are pretty self-explanatory, but the fifth is often mistaken for gravity, time, or destruction. The actual ordeal behind Void is more akin towards Lightning than the other elements, since it is raw energy and potential. However, the Void element draws upon the energy of the user, adjacent living beings/objects, magic, crystals, or Lightning instead of just a few forms of a single element. A Void attuned creature can impart or absorb energy from an element, causing that element to erupt to its full potential, or dissipate from a lack of energy able to support it. Also, unlike any of the other four elements, the Void element can be used for divination, or to empower another element of any type other than Void.

However, Void element users are rare, and often find their own magics turning against them when they are needed most. Most tribes banish or even execute Void attuned creatures on sight, as they can bring destruction to their territories. A Void user's body tends to crackle with sparks and arks of electricity when their emotions run high, though this can often be hidden with a truly apathetic appeal.

Opheliac

Edited the character post to show this. :)

dready

Primarch

Name: Sigismond Van Morrison
Class: Adept
Race: Soul Borne (Formerly human)

Stats:
Str: 3 (+2)
Dex: 2 (+1)
Con: 3 (+2)
Int: 3 (+2)
Wis: 3 (+2)
Cha: 2 (+1)

Primary Casting Attribute: Wis
Casting Ability:
Shielding (add Primary Casting statistic's grade as a Mod to Defense, Casting Defense, and Resistance for 1 minute, stacks with armor and shields, not with parrying)
Proficiencies: Gauntlet (Construct Body Fist)

Racials:
-Construct Body: You do not need to eat, breathe, sleep, or fall unconscious when taking damage that exceeds your threshold. You also cannot become fatigued, exhausted, enchanted, or possessed by any living creature. You cannot feel pain and your empathy/sympathy is limited, leaving you at a -4 penalty on all Social Challenges, except Intimidation where the penalty is instead reversed.

-Soul Adaption: If your physical body is destroyed, you can wander the land as a Whisp until you obtain another Core Body, which can be crafted by yourself or another, but you cannot perform any offensive actions, but cannot take any damage from non-magic weapons.

Equipment:
Noble Fineries (robe/cloak)

Casting Ranges: Short, Medium, Long
Triggers: Touch, Area of Effect (Cone), Self-Target
Effects:
Lightning Can cause shocking damage (lightning) or sonic damage (thunder). Lightning damage has chance to cause paralysis, thunder has bonus damage to objects (walls, doors etc)
Shield Creates bubble force field, taking Wis Mod in damage from any attack.
Ride the lightning teleport

Opheliac

If I recall correctly, you get a number of each based on your INT. For instance, youve got 3 INT, so you can have 3 triggers, 3 ranges, and 3 effects. In game, you could then combine those however you wish to make different spells.

dready

Quote from: Opheliac on February 06, 2011, 09:47:55 AM
If I recall correctly, you get a number of each based on your INT. For instance, youve got 3 INT, so you can have 3 triggers, 3 ranges, and 3 effects. In game, you could then combine those however you wish to make different spells.
Correct.

You also have to choose an element to be attuned to, instead of two because you're an Adept.

Primarch

dready

Quote from: Primarch on February 07, 2011, 02:30:46 PM
Well I think I'm good to go.
Lightning is actually cut up into two separate bits: Shock and Blast. Shock does the electric side of lightning, blast is the thundering side.

Though then again I can just wave that off since it looks like you chose void for your attuned element. =w=

Possible story: Soulborne is assigned to help the Lamia for protection or as an assistant from a friendly mythic of hers.

Primarch

dready

I can't think of any more reasonable story ordeals that have an open end for sand-boxing other than that.

Primarch

dready

Sorry that I didn't start the introduction thread. Doing that now while I can still think!