Game Protagonists At War! (LGBTQ Friendly) (Video Game Mash-up!)

Started by Rel Mayer, June 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 27, 2015, 11:16:19 PM
Oh my god...

* Rel Mayer faints.

Oh my god. Are you serious?!?! I would have asked you to join ages ago, but I was unsure if you would like the setting! Please PM me if you want to discuss this out because I would absolutely adore to have you here!

I've seriously been checking it out for a while!  It looks like a lot of fun.  I'm just unsure what to do for a character.  I'm not exactly much of a gamer lol.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Rel Mayer

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on June 27, 2015, 11:26:07 PM
I've seriously been checking it out for a while!  It looks like a lot of fun.  I'm just unsure what to do for a character.  I'm not exactly much of a gamer lol.

Hmm! Well I'm on YIM if you wanna brainstorm!

Are there any female video game characters you actually really like? Or settings? Because you can make your OC in a video game world!

Mr L

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on June 27, 2015, 11:26:07 PM

Best advice anyone can give is just think about a character you really really love and see how well they work! I started with Princess Peach and I regret absolutely nothing about that decision! I only slightly regret giving her the fragment of the Shadow Queen that possessed her in Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. Not because she got Peach killed, but she's becoming too good too quickly for my tastes.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Mr L on June 27, 2015, 11:31:31 PM
Best advice anyone can give is just think about a character you really really love and see how well they work! I started with Princess Peach and I regret absolutely nothing about that decision! I only slightly regret giving her the fragment of the Shadow Queen that possessed her in Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. Not because she got Peach killed, but she's becoming too good too quickly for my tastes.

Thanks for the advice!  I'll have to keep that in mind.

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 27, 2015, 11:27:56 PM
Hmm! Well I'm on YIM if you wanna brainstorm!

Are there any female video game characters you actually really like? Or settings? Because you can make your OC in a video game world!

I might send you a PM or IM tomorrow.

I've got a lot of reading to do with all this, and have been aiming to get some other posts done before I get going in something new.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Rel Mayer

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on June 28, 2015, 12:17:18 AM

I might send you a PM or IM tomorrow.

I've got a lot of reading to do with all this, and have been aiming to get some other posts done before I get going in something new.

Sounds great! :)

vatovie

Fixed it.  Also too many?  Just looked it over and I think I've only spent 5 actually.

Rel Mayer

vatovie

Rel Mayer

vatovie

Rel Mayer

Quote from: vatovie on June 28, 2015, 12:15:52 PM
No problem.  :)  Is Jack in?

With those changes, you should be good to go and post him in the character thread!

BruceTheCat

Posting this here for review, critiques, and approval!

I have retired Chris Redfield for this character.

Bruce Wayne - Batman
Level 3

Current Occupation: Being a rich playboy in the Protagonist – New York. The secret is out about his true identity. But in a society of heroes Bruce has discovered that the fact that he is Batman has not changed much about his day to day “Bruce Wayne” routine.

Home World Information: Bruce comes from one of the largest, and well known Home Worlds in the entire universe of Protagonist. This particular Home World houses all of the DC and Marvel heroes individual cities, which could be considers as small Home Worlds unto themselves. Bruce spent most of his adult life fighting against a reoccurring gallery of villains in Gotham. Dedicating his life to the persona of “Batman” he has created. However, a strange thing occurred whenever the Legion invaded. While many Protagonist found their Home Worlds invaded or conquered, Gotham was abandoned by it's enemies. Almost overnight, Two-Face, Joker, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, and every other villain left the familiar territory of Gotham's streets to join the Legion as commanders and generals. In response, Bruce did the same. The main headquarters of Wayne Corp. was moved to the Citadel. Bruce purchased a large estate in New York.

Sexuality: Same as player

Personality: As a note to players or GM's reading this sheet, my intent is to play with Bruce Wayne as being the character. Batman is not a different persona that he puts on when inside of the suit. This is because his secret is out, and it is a known fact that Bruce Wayne is Batman. Therefore, he has developed a mixed personality between who he was as just Bruce Wayne, and who he was as just Batman.

Bruce Wayne is a middle aged billionaire who is just starting to grow out of his youthful playboy habits. The death of his parents, and spending every night fighting crime on the streets has given Bruce an extremely black and white view of the war against evil. Being involved in the fight against the Legion has only further reinforced that those with the ability to do good have the responsibility to stand up against their oppressors. While this used to translate in to fighting his rogue gallery and imprisoning them, obviously imprisonment is not as easily done in war. Killing is not his first option, but it is not out of the question for Bruce. Despite this, in a casual setting he can be a fun loving, jovial guy who enjoys a drink and a laugh just as much as anyone else. This qualifies in to the traits he looks for in his alliances with other Protagonists. Determination, a solid moral compass, and self-confidence. To him, respect is synonymous with loyalty. You cannot have one without the other.

History: Bruce has been fighting in the war against the Legion for several years, developing a well known reputation about the Protagonist Alliance for his effectiveness. Most of his missions so far have been either the internal investigation of Legion double agents amoung the Alliance, or solo recon/capture missions in to foreign Home Worlds. However, Bruce has recently decided that his skills and experience would be better suited more on the front lines. It is time for him to step out of the shadows, and come to the light. His relationship with the Council, and enormous property ownership of the Citadel make him an honorary adviser of sorts to the Alliance.

Current Situation: *WIP until I know how to enter him in to the game.

Weapon: Any of his Batman suits.

Stats - We have 5 different stats in the game. We do not roll for hitting, or use it to track health. The purpose of these stats is only to help the GMs during the free-form fights. We have a better gauge of how strong you are, versus how strong another character is. And vice versa. New characters will start with 4 points to spend. Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Power will all start at 1. Reputation starts at 0. If you have an issue - please contact any of the GMs or post in one of our OOC threads - and one of our players will help you out!

Strength - 5
Agility - 3
Stamina - 4
Power - 2
Reputation - 4

Special Powers:

Iron Batman
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

This suit cost Bruce a small fortune. But it was worth every penny. Created by the famous engineering savant Tony Stark, Bruce now has the ability to use a battle suit during his fight against the Legion. In respect to Tony and this remarkable work, he has named the suit the “Iron Bat-Man”. Similar to the Iron Man suit, this model allows Bruce a means to fly via the wings and jet pack on it's back. Designed for melee combat, Bruce's strength is dramatically increased while inside of this particular design. An array of close combat weapons such as blades, tethers, and compression powered punching devices give Batman than extra edge in battle with the Legion. This is his Boss Fight go-to weapon.

Crazy Rich – Bruce basically has an infinite amount of money. If he wants something, he is more likely to buy the company that makes it rather than actual purchase the thing. A significant amount of his income goes in to funding the battle against the Legion. Since being forced to leave his Home World of Gotham, he has setup the new Wayne Corp. Headquarters on the Citadel.

Recon Suit
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

This is the suit that Bruce is most typically seen in. It is a new design on his original Batman costume design. The Recon suit enhances his combat abilities to a degree, though not as a greatly as the Iron Batman. What it lacks in raw force the Recon Suit makes up for in the state of the art “Detective Mode” built in to his heads up display. This Detective Mode lets analyze a crime scene, or his opponents. Providing him with at least 1 weakness of his target, though sometimes more depending on their strength.

Recon Suit: Upgrade – This Level Up has been dedicated to giving additional strength to the Recon Suit. Now, after analyzing the weaknesses of his opponents, Bruce is capable of pulling 'just the right device' to help him capitalize on that weakness. This is meant to give him that Batman edge where it seems like Bruce has always prepared for a fight.

All-Terrain Transport System – Bruce has created a delivery system that lets him transfer any of his suits to him. Whether above ground, underground, in the sky or within the bowels of some spaceship Bruce's Transport System will find a way to equip him with the desired weapon. Even during the heat of combat. System wise, this basically lets him change suits while only sacrificing 1 post in combat.

Strengths:

Martial Arts Training – Bruce has extensive training in all forms of melee combat.

Worlds Greatest Detective – Bruce has a genius level IQ when it comes to analyzing a situation and breaking down how he can succeed. Even when the odds seem impossible. Likewise, he is brilliant in surveying a crime scene and picking out needed evidence.

Incredible Resilience – Bruce has gotten the crap kicked out of him more time than he can count. Yet somehow he keeps coming back, and only with semi-permanent scars.

Weaknesses:

Weak Outside of his Suit – While still an exceptional fighter, outside of the protection of one of his Batman suits Bruce is is at an extreme disadvantage. His All-Terrain Transport System was created specifically to compensate for this weakness.

Mercy – While the war against the Legion has given Bruce a very different view on killing, he will always prefer to capture rather than to kill. To spare rather than execute. This is a near guarantee if his opponent his humanoid, or is obviously capable of a full range of emotion.

The Unknown Factor – No matter how hard you plan, not every situation can be prepped for or pre-calculated. If too many curve balls are thrown Bruce's way during a fight he tends to start tunnel visioning, and is cannot think strategically.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

But no really, I really like the character! I'm also kinda impressed on how he's going to be more Bruce style. Kinda like how Issac is?

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Blue Nova

The character is poorly written. I can't stand his powers and they honestly reminds me of something that would appear in the old power ranger movies... And yet still not even as cool as the pink power ranger.  :-\

Suits for powers?! Please! Obviously MLP magic would be 20% cooler.
Going to have to deny this one, Red. Shame on you sir, shame... on... you...

Just kidding approved! Its awesome Red, Come up with his current situation and switch him over!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Blue Nova on June 28, 2015, 06:11:51 PM
The character is poorly written. I can't stand his powers and they honestly reminds me of something that would appear in the old power ranger movies... And yet still not even as cool as the pink power ranger.  :-\

Just kidding approved! Its awesome Red, Come up with his current situation and switch him over!

Lustful Bride

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 28, 2015, 06:15:23 PM
You could totally use this for Batman's intro Red X3

What really happened in the Batman and Fear and Loathing crossover.

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Blue Nova on June 28, 2015, 06:11:51 PM

Started reading this and I was like:

Finished reading it and I was like:

- scribus1000

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 28, 2015, 06:18:03 PM
What really happened in the Batman and Fear and Loathing crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usMpYEiRZA

Oh Frank Miller, please stop writing Batman.  :-)

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Red Lobster on June 28, 2015, 06:19:31 PM
Started reading this and I was like:

Finished reading it and I was like:

The first face cracked me up.

Saric

Kennoth Van Helsing (And Lady Katarina)
Level 1

Stats

Strength: 2
Agility: 3
Stamina: 2
Power: 1

Current Occupation: Private Investigator and Freelance Bodyguard

Home World Information: The unique and mysterious nature of Van Helsing's home world has made it one of the Legion's few complete failures. Funneled through the floating fortresses full of traps initially built to hold off the monstrous hordes of the Ink, and with those same hordes endlessly attacking their invasion from the rear, they found their forces quickly butchered, fried, or overrun with those who attempted to evade through the depths of the Ink becoming hopelessly lost and some times found the next day as hundred year old wreckage. The world proper is a gothic-noir universe resembling a fantastical 19th century Europe filled with monsters, magic, weird technology, and mad science. Clockwork soldiers fight and capture werewolves for horrendous experiments while the restless dead prowl the night in search of blood and witches cackle over cauldrons of occult elixirs.

Appearance/Style Description: Thick and sturdy woolen clothing under a tough protective leather duster keeps a hunter warm and dry even in foggy, half-frozen, monster infested swamps. A red bandana over the mouth and nose protects against frostbite and blood splatter as well as hiding his face. Over all however is the iconic hat. The Hat that proclaims to all that the man beneath it has faced the worst the mundane, mechanical, and magical has to offer, often at the same time, and not only emerged triumphant and alive, but done so while wearing The Hat at a jaunty angle.

The Lady Katarina wears a pale ghostly representation of the dress she wore when she was executed, and a ghostly piece of ribbon tied around her neck to hide the wound that took her life and yet mars her incorporeal undead body.

Sexuality: Kennoth is firmly straight and looking for a prospective partner, preferably one willing to give him an heir to train in the family tradition. Lady Katarina is bi-sexual but spends most of her time looking for a mate for her partner as she is bound to the Van Helsing family line and quite content to remain so. This has led to some clashes between the two but secretly Katarina hopes to find someone willing to invite them both to her bed.

Personality: Kennoth can best be described with the word debonaire. His charming speech, dry wit, unflappable composure, and tendency for heroics have left many a woman heartbroken and more then a few foes scarred for life with terror at the sound of the calm, unhurried approach of booted feet. He is, however, loyal to a fault and dedicated to keeping the innocent save from whatever may prey upon them.

The Lady Katarina has a complicated relationship with Kennoth that is a straight amalgam of older sibling, younger sister, forbidden lover, and closest friend. She teases, insults, fights, and flirts with him in equal measure and generally uses anyone around as grist for the mill of constant jabs and jokes. The only consistent aspect of her relationship with Kennoth is her deep love and affection for both him and his father, who first bound her to the family, however hard she tries to hide it.

History: Kennoth was contacted by the guardians of the outer fortresses shortly after the Legion first attempted to invade to provide his expertise on the new 'monsters' and 'bottled lightning men' that had been seen fighting the monsters through the fields of traps. It was several weeks before a sentient servant of the Legion could be both captured alive and convinced to talk. The fortresses were promptly fortified further and steps taken to keep peace in the World proper without Van Helsing there. After much study and preparation they were able to propel his Secret Lair into a small, sealed off, pocket dimension of the Ink and link it to the greater video game worlds via occult science and carefully calculated incantation.

Current Situation: Van Helsing has recently established a permanent Inkgate in New York and begun working there as he attempts to get in contact with the GPaW leadership and join their organization.

Weapons:

Hexlock Rifle and Hexlock Revolvers: These expertly crafted firearms have had their extra thick barrels liberally inscribed with occult runes, reducing the weight, enchanting the ammunition, and increasing their sturdiness for when they need to be used to stave in the skull of a rampaging werewolf.

The Peacekeeper: This massive two handed blade has been heavily enchanted and was crafted to be more deadly to mechanical foes.

Blackthorn and The Dusk Twin: These ancient blades have slain many a monster in their time, but never before have they been wielded together, nor with such precise and deadly skill.

weapon images

Special Powers:

Ghostly companion: Kennoth Van Helsing is accompanied by the ghostly Lady Katarina, bound by his father to the Van Helsing family line. Lady Katarina is able to assume one of three semi corporal forms allowing her to slice foes with razor sharp claws, hurl bolts of arcane energy, or simply lend a helping hand. While she is less prone to damage then a living being she must become vulnerable to damage in order to inflict it, however she cannot be destroyed so long as a Van Helsing lives and, if her corporal form is shattered, she may regain after a few moments to gather her energy. (If death 'lethal' damage Katarina is rendered incorporeal and helpless for the rest of the current scene before reforming, so long as Van Helsing still lives himself.)

When not locked in combat the Lady Katarina can fully manifest herself for limited amounts of time and may, once per scene, be sent to fetch, store, buy, sell, or otherwise interact with gear that has been acquired in the field or left in the lair. In non-combat environments Lady Katarina may manifest to interact with other Protags socially, with or without Van Helsing's presence.

Lady Katarina's forms

Second Chance: Through his long association with the Lady Katarina, Kennoth has learned how to momentarily shift to the far side of death, and ghosthood, in the moment before he would be struck down and return a few seconds later. (When Van Helsing would die he instead becomes incorporeal and invisible for one post, able to move but not interact with anything, before returning without the lethal damage. Usable once per scene.)[In game it was a perk that made you incorporeal for 4 seconds before returning you with low health, but it could only proc once every 3 minutes.]

Secret Lair: Kennoth Van Helsing's secret lair has been moved to float in a self contained bubble of the Ink, complete with Generator, Arcane Forge, and Laboratory, as well as the deadly array of traps. Right now he may only open a portal for himself and his companions to go to his lair and then return to where they left once per thread. Also the Forge, Laboratory, and many of the traps are inactive. As the Generator regains it's power he may be able to bring these devices back online and possibly even draw entire enemy armies into the outer reaches of the Lair to face it's gauntlet of deadly traps while he and his companions fight on familiar ground.

Strengths:

Master Swordsman, Expert Marksman, and Skilled Arcanist: Van Helsing has trained since childhood in his father's profession and become adept at the use of blade, gun, and spell alike.

Highly Adaptable: One can't be too set in one's way when there might be a lightning-charged cyborg werewolf waiting around the next corner. (Yes, this is a thing. And yes, he did kill it.)

Knows Everything about Monsters: If it's a monster of classic myth or an abomination of Mad Science he knows it's strengths and weaknesses and how best to kill it.

Well Equipped: From swords and guns to potions of healing and flasks of holy water Van Helsing has the arsenal to make any monster sit up and take notice.

Weaknesses:

Mostly Mortal: Aside from a few tricks and his sturdier and more agile then normal body Van Helsing is an ordinary human, simply with extra ordinary skills and knowledge. None of which protects against poison gas, bullets, magic spells or a host of other means of death, dismemberment and pain.

Not High Tech Savvy: While he's learning quickly and can adjust on the fly, Van Helsing still lacks any notable knowledge of 'Sci-Fi' foes such as robots and proper cyborgs, the Mad Science of his world being more 'Steampunk' and 'Lightningpunk' then electrical or alien.

Bloodline Dependency: Lady Katarina is bound to the Van Helsing family and can't exist without them, unless she is somehow bound to another living host she would have to instantly return to the elder Van Helsing's side upon the son's death.

((So what do you all think? Also I'm accepting alternative recommendations for Van Helsing's first name.))
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Blue Nova

Chaosfox

So I'm going to go with a character from one of the Dragon quest games. Have not decided if it will be the main character the players play or one of the party members  yet.  I am also considering playing the main character from  the Dragon quest Monster hunter Joker.  I have narrowed it down to this after playing the  Dragon quest 6 game for the SNES  Via a rom the past couple of days.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Chaosfox on June 29, 2015, 03:49:28 PM
So I'm going to go with a character from one of the Dragon quest games. Have not decided if it will be the main character the players play or one of the party members  yet.  I am also considering playing the main character from  the Dragon quest Monster hunter Joker.  I have narrowed it down to this after playing the  Dragon quest 6 game for the SNES  Via a rom the past couple of days.

I'm just imagining a little slime hopping around. Haha!

Let us know what you end up wanting to play.