Champions of Dungeons. (CoC x PF) (Interest Check)

Started by Antipaladin of Calista, April 13, 2013, 08:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antipaladin of Calista

I have a plot in mind and will be the DM, but before I go and set things up or do this and that I wanted to know how many people would be interested in doing something like this.

The basic idea would be the players are sent to destroy 'seven swords of sin' each one tempting them with its sin.

The story would be fairly plot driven with stops to let players chat and rest and build character relationships.

So that said, any takers?

Not Safe For Work!

Removed image and put it behind a link, as this is in a public area.  -Staff

Autocad

Posting interest.

Are the seven sins like pride, gluttony,  etc or are they more like sodomy, bestiality, etc?

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Blinkin on April 13, 2013, 09:02:02 PM
This is a Pathfinder system game? I may be interested.

Yes it is pathfinder.

Quote from: Autocad on April 13, 2013, 09:10:20 PM
Posting interest.

Are the seven sins like pride, gluttony,  etc or are they more like sodomy, bestiality, etc?

They are the classic seven  (wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony), but with a few modifications. Since 'sloth' would make for a relatively boring enemy it will be replaced with 'Anger'. To the same effect, 'greed' and 'envy' are too close to avoid some form of repetition so instead it will be 'Treachery'

Tydorei

Pick me! Me. Me.

What starting lvl are you pondering?

Meliai

Potentially interested! How are you thinking of implementing the CoC-inspired stuff?
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Tydorei on April 13, 2013, 09:32:47 PM
Pick me! Me. Me.

What starting lvl are you pondering?

Well for now its just an interest check, but if it turns into a full blown rp then sure. Actually im looking for the group to be around four or five people not counting myself.

As for starting lvl im thinking about 4 since that's when classes start to really take off. (ex. paladins and rangers get spells and such.)

Quote from: Meliai on April 13, 2013, 09:34:58 PM
Potentially interested! How are you thinking of implementing the CoC-inspired stuff?

Im thinking that I could bring over certain items and make up rules for them. Additionally I'd be heavily using the D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy. Which is basically a big book of ''hey guys, ever want to fuck the monsters instead of kill them?'' Its a really good resource. Some of the things it has are: the addition of the appearance (app) stat, the 'preform sexual acts' skill which determines how good you are and how long you last, new monsters specially made for this type of story, and new magic items just for fighting and fucking!

Meliai

Sounds neat! There are some aspects of CoC that I'd prefer my individual character not be subjected to (pregnancy and long-term gender change mostly) but assuming players OOC limits will be respected you can count me in :-)
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Meliai on April 13, 2013, 09:55:30 PM
Sounds neat! There are some aspects of CoC that I'd prefer my individual character not be subjected to (pregnancy and long-term gender change mostly) but assuming players OOC limits will be respected you can count me in :-)

Ok. As far as things you'll be subjected too I'll see what all the player's on's and off's are and anything that everyone hates will be out. That said, if your character drinks a weird potion and is now futa its because you didn't cast detect magic and then identify first.  >:)

Antipaladin of Calista

If anyone wants to start making a character please use plothook or mythweavers. Also, I'm picking characters based on best background and what will work with the story. Most things will work though.

Take note, this isn't your little sister's eroge. Monsters will be just that, monsters. While the art style you should keep in mind leans towards the more popular 'monster girl' style monsters will be how they are normally expected to look. (ie. This creature stands barely three feet tall, its scrawny, humanoid
body dwarfed by its wide, ungainly head.
)

Quote from: Meliai on April 13, 2013, 10:20:02 PM
No worries! If I get in, I was thinking of a sorceress anyway. Bloodlines are really interesting but I haven't gotten much of a chance to play them :D

Are you using Golarion as the setting, or something custom? Anything we should know about where we're starting out?

Its a custom setting and depending on what the players play will help me decide where they start. That said I'd like you guys to vote for a world map out of these:

one:

two:

three:

Meliai

No worries! If I get in, I was thinking of a sorceress anyway. Bloodlines are really interesting but I haven't gotten much of a chance to play them :D

Are you using Golarion as the setting, or something custom? Anything we should know about where we're starting out?
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Yukina

I'd love to play this. I love pathfinder and coc.

Re Z L

I'd definitely be interested in playing this as well  ;D
A&A

Tydorei

Heh heh. Round 2 Relz? Hopefully this one goes the distance.

And i vote for map 1 by the way.

Antipaladin of Calista

Update:

Started working working on a plot (so far SWAG as fuck)
Here's a little sample:

Many moons ago, there was a horrible demon by the name of Demertrion. Welding the seven swords of sin, each having power over the sin to which they are assigned, he ruled the world with an iron fist. His power was tremendous and to this day the effects of his power can still be seen. However this is not his day...

Definition of SWAG: walking with a stride that can be found to be intimidating.
>can be found to be intimidating
>found to be intimidating
>intimidating

MrBubbles

Corruption of Champions? And Pathfinder? Together?

You certainly tickled my interest.

I vote for map one.

godfang

I vote for map 1 since it looks like it will have the biggest variety of land to play in. I will submit a character soon :D

Muse

This is certainly an fun concept. 

I'm a bit hesitant about trying to audition a character concept when I have no setting to base off of.  ^_^;;  Are we supposed to make up stuff about our home town/religion/etc? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Autocad

I vote for the first map if only because the other two look two much like generic fantasy-Europe maps to me.

I won't be able to make a proper character sheet until next week, but I have an idea for a paladin of looooovvveee >_>

Yukina

I have finished my sheet. Would you like me to link it to you?

Muse

Would something like this work?  (Also, how do you want us to do attributes?) 

Misti Amala: An Angel with a Shotgun

One day, about a century ago, a baby in a basket was left on the doorstep of the temple of Ariond, the god of innovation, who teaches his worshipers to learn about the world and use their knowledge to build a better future.  The babe was rather striking, with bright purple eyes.  The priests who examined her believed she had angelic blood.  They took her in, an engineer-nun named Amala took responsibility for her care, and gave her the name Misti. 

Misti proved to have a very long childhood.  She outlived the grandchildren of those who raised her.  This made her very sad, and drove her to spend time with the few more long lived temple residents and distance herself from others.  Nixi—a gnomish alchemist—and Rinda—a half elf temple guard—became her friends and teachers. 

One day, she found a beat up old musket in the vaults and received permission to make a project of repairing it and learning its use.  She mastered it and served the first decade of her adulthood in the temple guard, but after Rinda’s funeral she couldn’t bare it any more and left to find her own way in the world.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=552701
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Re Z L

Quote from: Tydorei on April 13, 2013, 11:48:20 PM
Heh heh. Round 2 Relz? Hopefully this one goes the distance.

And i vote for map 1 by the way.

Here's hoping!  ;D

Map 1 does seem to be the best of them all, I agree.

Once I know a bit more about what you have in mind for the setting I can put something together.
A&A

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Blinkin on April 14, 2013, 11:46:24 AM
While I'm awaiting a yea or nay on the plothook/mythweaver's issue, I'll hold off on background until I know more about the setting used.... although my leaning for this game is toward a ranger.

Thats fine. Just go ahead and post it in here instead.

Seven swords... mere weapons that nearly destroyed the world. They gave Demertrion his power, without them he was merely a demon, not to be taken lightly as demons have great power, but a demon non the less. He was truly monster of sin. He was prideful of his greatness, greedy for power and wealth, lustful for those he could not have, gluttonous for all he could consume, angry for his lack of these things, despite being treacherous and willing to stab backs to get what he wanted, and for all this he took his wrath on the world.

The story of Demertrion is not however without a hero. The Magus known as Lucian Ingham is the hero who bested the demon after all hope was lost. He was all the opposite of Demertrion. Lucian was forgiving, self-less, calm, modest, respectful, trustworthy, and giving. As a child he had always done what he could to help others and never batted an eye. His mother was a hedge which and mid-wife while his father was a priest. He lived a life of happy goodness.

On the first day of the new century there was much celebration, though not all was in good faith. A secret cult known as the cult of Zosor sought to bring a demon to the world to do their biding. Unfortunately, they were successful. As their magic circle melded with their minds they turned to stone as their life force was stolen and Demertrion was released. Indecently this was the creation of what would ironically later be a holy site known as the circle of magi. Seems after you restart the world the old truths are forgotten.

more background.

As for setting I've decided on a medium sized city so that everyone can still play whatever they like. to the east is a large Vally and to the north is a massive forest. I'm still working on the politics of the city and things like that.

Yukina

Palidan, may my character use spells from the book of erotic fantasy?

Re Z L

I'm considering an Aasimar Paladin at the moment.  Would a paladin work well with what you have in mind for the game?  What kind of gods are there?

Picture
A&A

Florence

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.