[Interest Check] Surviving Mars (Freeform Sci-fi, Survival Sandbox)

Started by Ciosa, November 12, 2018, 04:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashenka

Do our characters have to be religious to join?

And if we take the 'idiot' flaw, will that outset all the postives for good karma? :D
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Ciosa

Quote from: Dashenka on November 25, 2018, 03:11:47 AM
Do our characters have to be religious to join?

And if we take the 'idiot' flaw, will that outset all the postives for good karma? :D

They have to be members of the Church, but whether they feel it as an expression of faith or a belief in its aims is ... relatively unimportant, from the church's perspective.  The church's faith largely espouses that humanity has a shared destiny, a 'Homo Deus' it is meant to evolve into.  It doesn't really address afterlife or sins and virtues in the normal religious context.

XD  That'll depend on how it's played.  I'm intending to have Karma be sort of a ... when I have a good/interesting thing in mind to happen to a character as a storyline, it'll happen to positive karma characters first.  When I have an unlucky thing happening for a storyline, I'll probably grab a negative karma character first.  Everything will be consensual - I'll be PMing the highest negative karma character with a 'hey, so do you mind if your genius brilliant sexy rugged rock-star turned scientist gets into a shuttle crash?'  But I won't force storylines on anyone.  I view this as more of a guided consensual storytelling experience than a 'GM/Players' situation.

Dashenka

Quote from: Ciosa on November 25, 2018, 03:58:40 AM
They have to be members of the Church, but whether they feel it as an expression of faith or a belief in its aims is ... relatively unimportant, from the church's perspective.  The church's faith largely espouses that humanity has a shared destiny, a 'Homo Deus' it is meant to evolve into.  It doesn't really address afterlife or sins and virtues in the normal religious context.

XD  That'll depend on how it's played.  I'm intending to have Karma be sort of a ... when I have a good/interesting thing in mind to happen to a character as a storyline, it'll happen to positive karma characters first.  When I have an unlucky thing happening for a storyline, I'll probably grab a negative karma character first.  Everything will be consensual - I'll be PMing the highest negative karma character with a 'hey, so do you mind if your genius brilliant sexy rugged rock-star turned scientist gets into a shuttle crash?'  But I won't force storylines on anyone.  I view this as more of a guided consensual storytelling experience than a 'GM/Players' situation.

Good good...

Ill be making a character soon
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.