A DC Universe Of Our Own (Mutants & Masterminds Variant)

Started by Norsegod1839, December 04, 2017, 12:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Greetings! If you are reading this I hope all is well and you are having a good day! I thank you for taking the time to look at my thread and hopefully this interest you.

So what am I looking to do? Well in the most basic sense I was thinking of spinning off our own version of the DC Universe! Much like my interest in a Marvel universe I also want to do one for a DC Universe.

What does this mean? Well comics books are a multiverse. You know the new 52 and the other alternate versions of the comic book characters. This would be our own universe set in that comic book multiverse.

I am not sure how this one would start. We can have the Justice League forming for a threat that has come to earth or something else if it makes more sense. Alien invaders like Braniac Darkside or something even more small time could all work. I am thinking the best intro would be the initial formation of the Justice League but that doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

From there we can do spin off missions and the like! Also if you want to join as a one off hero that's fine to you don't need to join the Justice League and we can go from there.

Any super hero character idea is welcome! I would like to get a good mix of classic heroes with new origins and also original characters.  I also don't mind you doing crazy new origins for original characters! If you want some kind of gender bent Batman who is a pirate then I don't care! I only ask!

1. To have a good reason for doing what you do to the character
2. This be a good mix of story and smut (Ir if you're just here to have sex then look on!)

I've never done a traditional DM DnD type setting. One of my biggest regrets is that I have never gotten a chance to really do a dice type role playing game. So while I am unfortunately a newbie to it I would love to maybe bring in those elements to the thread! However that would require partnering with someone who is more knowledgeable about that stuff. I don't mind doing it without a dice based system or something akin to that but also wouldn't mind the other..

So if making your own versions of DC characters and creating a unique universe in the DC world appeals to you let me know! I am primarily interested in garnering interest so if you are comment on this thread!

Thank you for your time

Aaron

Updated with the character sheet thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279731.0

You can find our character sheet here! Please bear with us as it is a work in process and all the kinks have not been ironed out.

As well! Here is a link of everyone currently interested if you're name is not on this list but are interested please pm me or write in the thread itself

Erotic Literacy

Wander

TF Commando

Metraxa

Vixen

Sith Lord

Valerian

Yurie

Yurie

If you wanted a superhero system, you could always use Mutants and Masterminds. It even has an SRD that you can find at http://www.d20herosrd.com/ . A PL 10 game would work for a Justice League scenario.

I'd be happy to join in, just as an FYI.

Norsegod1839

I would love to use the system! I wouldn't even be against playing the game but definitely want to do it in the DC setting!

Great! So far its just been you but I believe more shall come!

Valerian

I'm always intrigued by alternate universe supers, though in this case I might be hard-pressed to find a character that would fit, since the super I'm most wanting to play right now is my take on Poison Ivy and she doesn't really seem like Justice League material.   ::)  But I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if perhaps other inspiration strikes.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Valerian on December 07, 2017, 02:56:39 PM
I'm always intrigued by alternate universe supers, though in this case I might be hard-pressed to find a character that would fit, since the super I'm most wanting to play right now is my take on Poison Ivy and she doesn't really seem like Justice League material.   ::)  But I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if perhaps other inspiration strikes.

We are going to need villains! someone for the league to go up against or just villians in general! I should have put that in! If you want to be a villain you can!

Metraxa

Hm, I have an idea for a character I'd like to be, just working out the kinks in the idea. But hey, this could be fun

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Metraxa on December 07, 2017, 09:36:49 PM
Hm, I have an idea for a character I'd like to be, just working out the kinks in the idea. But hey, this could be fun

Welcome! Let me know! And dont forget original DC characters are up for grabs!

Diesel Heart

I'll throw my interest in.  Do you have a character sheet or should I take liberty?

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Diesel Heart on December 07, 2017, 10:15:41 PM
I'll throw my interest in.  Do you have a character sheet or should I take liberty?

nope! Unless you guys feel there is a super hero RPG DnD sheet we can use or co opt!

Diesel Heart

Valerian

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 07, 2017, 03:13:19 PM
We are going to need villains! someone for the league to go up against or just villians in general! I should have put that in! If you want to be a villain you can!

Well, this particular version of Poison Ivy could just as easily end up as a hero depending on how her back story is handled, but I'm concerned about the power level.  She wouldn't necessarily be a lot of help against something like an alien invasion -- aliens would probably have very different biochemistry, for one thing -- and if she went villainous she wouldn't be enough of a challenge for the league unless she was part of a group.  But I'll ponder some options and see if I can come up with something.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Valerian on December 08, 2017, 08:16:48 AM
Well, this particular version of Poison Ivy could just as easily end up as a hero depending on how her back story is handled, but I'm concerned about the power level.  She wouldn't necessarily be a lot of help against something like an alien invasion -- aliens would probably have very different biochemistry, for one thing -- and if she went villainous she wouldn't be enough of a challenge for the league unless she was part of a group.  But I'll ponder some options and see if I can come up with something.  :)

Since its going to be based on a dice system and also other things relating to DnD I am sure we can figure something out! I mean if there was an alien invasion she could just as easily control the plants around her and use those to attack! I would never make or break a character! After all Batman doesnt even HAVE powers and he can be an asset in an alien invasion! I say go with the one you want and we will figure out a way to make it work!

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Diesel Heart on December 07, 2017, 10:35:03 PM
There's this one:  DC Universe d20 Mutants & Masterminds Character Sheet

What do you think Diesel? Should we use this one? I took a look at it and it looks good more or less! I dont think we need to all do illustrations per say (I'm shit at drawing)

Metraxa

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 07, 2017, 09:38:10 PM
Welcome! Let me know! And dont forget original DC characters are up for grabs!
Yeah, I have an idea. I think you'll find her a bit shocking ;)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Metraxa on December 08, 2017, 11:18:38 AM
Yeah, I have an idea. I think you'll find her a bit shocking ;)

Oh I can't wait!

We also need some members to be the big three! I am hoping to play Batman but I could be convinced not to if someone else wants to take it! I would love to do a Bruce Diana relationship as well!

wander

I actually own DC Universe, which is just a reskin of Mutants and Masterminds, which the srd was linked to above, along with the character sheet.

PL 10 is a nice starting level tbh for characters, though they'd be more Teen Titans/Suicide Squad level than the Big League, however it's a nice level to start with due to being pretty damn powerful though not too OP that the GM will struggle with making a challenge or there being too many 'Flying Bricks' about.

Batman in my Heroes/Villians books has a PL of 12, though is built higher than the points for that, whilst as examples for PL 10 (there's loads more) we got people like Arsenal, Batwoman, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Captain Boomerang, Captain Cold, Catwoman, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Harley Quinn etc. It's essentially 'Arrow-verse' tv show level of power, which I think is pretty agreeable.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 08, 2017, 04:41:01 PM
I actually own DC Universe, which is just a reskin of Mutants and Masterminds, which the srd was linked to above, along with the character sheet.

PL 10 is a nice starting level tbh for characters, though they'd be more Teen Titans/Suicide Squad level than the Big League, however it's a nice level to start with due to being pretty damn powerful though not too OP that the GM will struggle with making a challenge or there being too many 'Flying Bricks' about.

Batman in my Heroes/Villians books has a PL of 12, though is built higher than the points for that, whilst as examples for PL 10 (there's loads more) we got people like Arsenal, Batwoman, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Captain Boomerang, Captain Cold, Catwoman, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Harley Quinn etc. It's essentially 'Arrow-verse' tv show level of power, which I think is pretty agreeable.

Thank you Wander for the info! Would you be interested in helping us with it? Since it seems like a system your familair with? I am super new to the idea of table top and DnD roleplaying! So the PL and stuff I can understand or concept but would love some help on it.

But from what I understand you are saying you would say PL of ten would be the ideal for htis kind of group? Even in regards to the big three like say Batman?

wander

I could help, if the interest is there sure. I'll say I know how the system works, I've not played it as much to say I'm a vet, though I own DC Universe and have every hero and villian from DC (pre New 52 at least) you can think of. I have played it, it takes a little to get used to, though when you know how the rolling works, it's pretty fun stuff and not too crunchy for new people to balk at whatsoever.

Also Complications are a generally narrative device each character has, flaws which can cause issues though also pay back special Hero Points to do stuff the character may otherwise not be able to. Examples are Supe's Kryptonite weakness and his responsibility in keeping Lois Lane safe. These are not statted and are up to the players to come up with for fun dynamics they don't mind putting their character before. Basically stuff that is relevant to their Bio and Personality profiles :)

Basically PL (Power Level) is how many points you invest into making a character. At PL 10 (just for example) this will be 150pts. I haven't looked at the SRD as I actually own the corebook and character books myself, though if it delves into character generation any, that number will be helpful.

PL 10 is the general default level for most games and is tried and tested to work really well. Not so powerful to be a hassle, though the players will feel like bosses and tbh, the game isn't exactly balanced, you can make OP doods if you know what you're doing, even with fewer points. You can go higher or lower if you want, though it's recommended to go with PL 10 at first. Characters get experience anyway and can level up, which nicely explains how new powers get discovered, or new gear is added to their powers, training between patrols, that kind of thing.

In regards to the Big Three, they work as they are statted as more like... You know like how the established heroes are like in Young Justice compared to the main characters in that series? Like that. They are all playable though. Depends if you want party balance really.
I'll say it's super easy to trim down their power levels and abilities to fit any PL you want and you can for sure build functioning expies of them as PCs. As the players here are gonna be making their characters as they want, there's gonna be some differences, as like how I see Batman is going to be different to how you may see him and how he was statted out also.

I don't want to go too stat heavy in explaining the game here, as really stats become only really relevant in the action scenes and I feel that may put people off in number crunching, so I'll spoiler below and for those interested and for EroticLiteracy to look at and digest.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The Batgirls in the books are lower powered versions of the Batman sheet, with adapted Complications to show their differences in character, Cass Cain is PL 10.
I know someone who made Power Girl for a PL 10 (150pts) game, even though she's rated at PL 13 and statted with 262pts, basically it can be explained that they're a younger version of the character or holding back their powers, or some other thing (an alternate universe version of the character is also a nice simple excuse).

Pretty much any DC character can be tanked up or nerfed to hit that PL 10 mark. Nightwing is a premier PL 10 character and can be tweaked to be more Batman like. Oracle has a similar sheet to Nightwing, also at PL 10 though tweaked to represent the fluff of those two being different. Raven and Red Hood (Jason Todd) are two more rated at PL 10.

Superman is PL 15 (289pts) and Wonder Woman is PL 15 (273pts). This would normally be PL 18 for Diana and PL 20 for Supes, though they're built in a way to work for that lower PL and are rated as such, though I'll explain more on that in another post.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 08, 2017, 07:43:25 PM
I could help, if the interest is there sure. I'll say I know how the system works, I've not played it as much to say I'm a vet, though I own DC Universe and have every hero and villian from DC (pre New 52 at least) you can think of. I have played it, it takes a little to get used to, though when you know how the rolling works, it's pretty fun stuff and not too crunchy for new people to balk at whatsoever.

Also Complications are a generally narrative device each character has, flaws which can cause issues though also pay back special Hero Points to do stuff the character may otherwise not be able to. Examples are Supe's Kryptonite weakness and his responsibility in keeping Lois Lane safe. These are not statted and are up to the players to come up with for fun dynamics they don't mind putting their character before. Basically stuff that is relevant to their Bio and Personality profiles :)

Basically PL (Power Level) is how many points you invest into making a character. At PL 10 (just for example) this will be 150pts. I haven't looked at the SRD as I actually own the corebook and character books myself, though if it delves into character generation any, that number will be helpful.

PL 10 is the general default level for most games and is tried and tested to work really well. Not so powerful to be a hassle, though the players will feel like bosses and tbh, the game isn't exactly balanced, you can make OP doods if you know what you're doing, even with fewer points. You can go higher or lower if you want, though it's recommended to go with PL 10 at first. Characters get experience anyway and can level up, which nicely explains how new powers get discovered, or new gear is added to their powers, training between patrols, that kind of thing.

In regards to the Big Three, they work as they are statted as more like... You know like how the established heroes are like in Young Justice compared to the main characters in that series? Like that. They are all playable though. Depends if you want party balance really.
I'll say it's super easy to trim down their power levels and abilities to fit any PL you want and you can for sure build functioning expies of them as PCs. As the players here are gonna be making their characters as they want, there's gonna be some differences, as like how I see Batman is going to be different to how you may see him and how he was statted out also.

I don't want to go too stat heavy in explaining the game here, as really stats become only really relevant in the action scenes and I feel that may put people off in number crunching, so I'll spoiler below and for those interested and for EroticLiteracy to look at and digest.

The Batgirls in the books are lower powered versions of the Batman sheet, with adapted Complications to show their differences in character, Cass Cain is PL 10.
I know someone who made Power Girl for a PL 10 (150pts) game, even though she's rated at PL 13 and statted with 262pts, basically it can be explained that they're a younger version of the character or holding back their powers, or some other thing (an alternate universe version of the character is also a nice simple excuse).

Pretty much any DC character can be tanked up or nerfed to hit that PL 10 mark. Nightwing is a premier PL 10 character and can be tweaked to be more Batman like. Oracle has a similar sheet to Nightwing, also at PL 10 though tweaked to represent the fluff of those two being different. Raven and Red Hood (Jason Todd) are two more rated at PL 10.

Superman is PL 15 (289pts) and Wonder Woman is PL 15 (273pts). This would normally be PL 18 for Diana and PL 20 for Supes, though they're built in a way to work for that lower PL and are rated as such, though I'll explain more on that in another post.

You and I can always take it back into PM's and discuss it! I dont want to get so crazy on the elements that it turns off the casual players but I would definetly like to incorporate this DnD stuff into the thread!

And I want you guys input as well! Since this is a team effort! For those of you that have expressed interest so far and want to join! If any of this feels not comfortable or you have a suggestion please let me know!

Yurie

A good question would be what 'style' we want this game to be. Do we want to go full capes and spandex and fight evil aliens and such, or is this going to be more street level, Batman-esque shenanigans. Either way, I've got a few concepts in mind for characters...

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Yurie on December 08, 2017, 09:08:16 PM
A good question would be what 'style' we want this game to be. Do we want to go full capes and spandex and fight evil aliens and such, or is this going to be more street level, Batman-esque shenanigans. Either way, I've got a few concepts in mind for characters...

I mean I would say both! Thats kind of the best part about DC there is a good mix of both

I havent decided how its going to work for usre yet! I imagine we would have justice league missions then maybe GM of smaller missions with groups or two people depending on what you guys want! I also want this to be a collaboration! So I definitely want to hear what you guys think! Both or do you want to focus on one thing specifically?

Norsegod1839

http://all.your-base.org/Rules/MM3/DC%20Adventures%20Heroes%20And%20Villains%20Vol%202.pdf

Here we go guys! I have this! Which we can choose to follow or not for the canon characters!

wander

There's two volumes of that altogether, that looks to be Volume 2. The heroes and villians are listed alphabetically, so A-K is in volume 1.

For sure though you can see how characters are made and statted out plus with the SRD linked upthread, that should be all that's needed to play.

As for those put off by numbers, as I stated before character sheets generally only become important in action. Also, incase it's a worry for some, it's practically impossible to die in DC Adventures, at most you're taken out of the current scene. Death is more GM fiat in M&M.

Of course some characters can do such things as mental control and paralysis with the 'Affliction' power (which given we're on E, means fun sexy hijinks!).

You'll notice that a Power is named, this is their 'descriptor' (completely up to the player, though of course if you name something like 'magic' and someone has a nullify magic power, it'd be affected. The opposite is like Supes is weak to magic and so giving your power a nifty name can help and hinder) and then what the power is and how it's ranked is then listed. For example, David Cain (Cassandra's father) has this;
QuoteNerve Strike Affliction 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Immobile, Paralyzed).
The bolded bit is what the power has been named (players can name their powers whatever they like), then what follows is the crunch, which you can see is a Rank 6 Affliction which affects movement. So there's a level of freedom and adaptability to what powers you want your character to have and how they're represented.

Metraxa

This is DC comics, Death is just a temporary setback :V

wander

Lol, Superman killed death in the '90s after all. Now anyone can come back, though it happens more often in Marvel's camp, especially if a new movie with that character is coming up... ::)

Norsegod1839

lol what do you guys think so far? Everyone still interested and agreeable? I was doing some reading into it yesterday (the character sheet stuff) and think its mostly a easy enough system!

Yurie

I'm fine with it, though we should really hash out where the game's going to be located and the tone we're going to be aiming for...

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Yurie on December 09, 2017, 05:36:02 PM
I'm fine with it, though we should really hash out where the game's going to be located and the tone we're going to be aiming for...

There isnt going to be any central location or at least none I have planned except for it being on our own earth IE version of the DC universe

wander

Well, it's said that Metropolis and Gotham aren't too far from each other, a sort of New Jersey/New York sort of relationship, that offers two distinct tastes of supering, Metropolis being like NY glitz in the day, with Gotham being more like how it can get at night.

Hopefully that helps with a main hub for setting. Feel free to comment below to add thoughts on that. I'm fairly open to scope myself.

As for tone, I've been digging DC Rebirth this past year a whole bunch. Tom King's Batman has been getting real good recently and I wanna check more into Action Comics. I actually prefer some brightness in my superheroing (Harley Quinn, to take an extreme example as that's a tongue-in-cheek comedy, has been a blast and my series of the year), though character-driven stuff like Aquaman, Green Lanterns and Titans get me interested. Red Hood and the Outlaws was a real sleeper hit too, as it's not grimdark and has some actual heart to it (who knew Bizarro of all characters could hit my feels? ^^)

Super serial series like Green Arrow, Deathstroke and Cyborg, along with most of the Bat-books (outside of Batman) doesn't really do it for me. Ideally I'd like to see myself an rp where characters are developed, there's supering to be done with actual villians rather than fighting each other though overall an overarching plot that involves the growth of the PCs would be gold, for me, IMO.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 09, 2017, 08:17:49 PM
Well, it's said that Metropolis and Gotham aren't too far from each other, a sort of New Jersey/New York sort of relationship, that offers two distinct tastes of supering, Metropolis being like NY glitz in the day, with Gotham being more like how it can get at night.

Hopefully that helps with a main hub for setting. Feel free to comment below to add thoughts on that. I'm fairly open to scope myself.

As for tone, I've been digging DC Rebirth this past year a whole bunch. Tom King's Batman has been getting real good recently and I wanna check more into Action Comics. I actually prefer some brightness in my superheroing (Harley Quinn, to take an extreme example as that's a tongue-in-cheek comedy, has been a blast and my series of the year), though character-driven stuff like Aquaman, Green Lanterns and Titans get me interested. Red Hood and the Outlaws was a real sleeper hit too, as it's not grimdark and has some actual heart to it (who knew Bizarro of all characters could hit my feels? ^^)

Super serial series like Green Arrow, Deathstroke and Cyborg, along with most of the Bat-books (outside of Batman) doesn't really do it for me. Ideally I'd like to see myself an rp where characters are developed, there's supering to be done with actual villians rather than fighting each other though overall an overarching plot that involves the growth of the PCs would be gold, for me, IMO.

Yeah and honestly we can have each mission start in a specific location and go from there! Honestly we have the whole of DC earth to go through!

I wouldnt mind having the titans and what not! Honestly you guys I posted that DC adventure book to give us the whole of the DC universe to go through! I am still figuring out what this is going to become but would love to get as much content in as possible! My goal here is to create our own DC universe in the multiverse basically!

Yurie

I assume we'll be doing original characters, then?

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Yurie on December 09, 2017, 09:06:32 PM
I assume we'll be doing original characters, then?

No way! You can but I also want to see your version of stapple characters!

wander

Characters would often need adapting to fit PL 10 anyways, depending on who you want to be.

I'll say that... I can help if anyone needs stats from anyone that may be in Vol 1 of the Heroes/Villians (A-K supers, some examples I gave upthread) or just general character generation help, as I've made a few custom ones now and know at least that side of the game very well.

I would say to people though to experiment and try and make a super on their own, see what works, how the stats relate to each other and how many Power Points you feel you want to place in Powers/Equipment. Go with what seems interesting to you or what you think your chosen canon would have and tweak it around until you get a 150pt character you'd enjoy playing.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 10, 2017, 06:25:04 AM
Characters would often need adapting to fit PL 10 anyways, depending on who you want to be.

I'll say that... I can help if anyone needs stats from anyone that may be in Vol 1 of the Heroes/Villians (A-K supers, some examples I gave upthread) or just general character generation help, as I've made a few custom ones now and know at least that side of the game very well.

I would say to people though to experiment and try and make a super on their own, see what works, how the stats relate to each other and how many Power Points you feel you want to place in Powers/Equipment. Go with what seems interesting to you or what you think your chosen canon would have and tweak it around until you get a 150pt character you'd enjoy playing.

Do you have a digital version of volume one? I found volume two but can not seem to find volume one in an online format!

wander

I do own it, however it's watermarked with my real name, so I can't really share it. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the canon character stats for this, though I'll say if you ever need to know a particular thing, like a particular stat or Power someone has etc, I can share it with you here or in PM.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 10, 2017, 01:26:46 PM
I do own it, however it's watermarked with my real name, so I can't really share it. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the canon character stats for this, though I'll say if you ever need to know a particular thing, like a particular stat or Power someone has etc, I can share it with you here or in PM.

Okay that works for me! I am debating buying it myself but am not sure yet! I will let you know which ones I need but thinking at the very least Batman!

wander

If you can find the corebook for DC Adventures, he's in there at the back with the more famous heroes. They all happened to be reprinted in those two volumes, though he's the same in the corebook and the volume.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 10, 2017, 01:51:31 PM
If you can find the corebook for DC Adventures, he's in there at the back with the more famous heroes. They all happened to be reprinted in those two volumes, though he's the same in the corebook and the volume.

I shall look! So far no luck! I would love to buy it but its about thirty books even now!

wander

Did a google search, got this for the rp, which is Batman's stats from Vol 1;

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111277349/5072929-1559998331-48083.png

If you need a character, google imaging 'DC adventure stats' with the character name usually brings something up. :)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 10, 2017, 03:13:22 PM
Did a google search, got this for the rp, which is Batman's stats from Vol 1;

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111277349/5072929-1559998331-48083.png

If you need a character, google imaging 'DC adventure stats' with the character name usually brings something up. :)

I think we can do that! Thanks Wander! What do you guys think?

Metraxa

Well I haven't played Mutants and Masterminds before, but after finding some stuff online I might be able to suss it out. I guess we'll see

wander

Not the GM, though if anyone has any concerns on the system or questions, I can answer them if needed, either in PM or here, or if/when the ooc thread goes live. I don't mind being a helper when it comes to the system and having it run smooth so it doesn't become a big deal (I know people here do love their freeform and often prefer it), as said before, it'd only really come up when action scenes would appear. In character development/dialogue, that'd be the usual freeform stuff (though you may get Hero Points if you trigger a Complication for your character).

Complications are super recommended, I go for around five to six for a character personally. They're nice ways to develop your character, give them some flaws which you can rp off or a plot arc you'd like them to go through and you get rewarded for including them in the game or letting the GM trigger them for you.

Valerian

I'm moderately familiar with Mutants and Masterminds, though that's 2nd edition Mutants and Masterminds, which is also the only book I have.  So I'll likely need some help with putting some stats together.  On the plus side, I should have no problem at all coming up with plenty of complications for the character.   ::)

Also, I'm guessing we might want to stick with all heroes at first?  As I mentioned, this version of Poison Ivy could just as easily end up as a hero rather than a villain, though if she'll be a hero then it might be help for her to have a prior connection with another, established hero.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Valerian on December 11, 2017, 02:08:34 PM
I'm moderately familiar with Mutants and Masterminds, though that's 2nd edition Mutants and Masterminds, which is also the only book I have.  So I'll likely need some help with putting some stats together.  On the plus side, I should have no problem at all coming up with plenty of complications for the character.   ::)

Also, I'm guessing we might want to stick with all heroes at first?  As I mentioned, this version of Poison Ivy could just as easily end up as a hero rather than a villain, though if she'll be a hero then it might be help for her to have a prior connection with another, established hero.

I dont mind if you want to do a villain Val! It's whatever you feel comfortable wiit hand whatever calls to you the most!

wander

I kinda see Ivy as an anti-villian anyway, in that what she does is look out for The Green and nature, she's just extreme about it. She plays well with Catwoman and Harley too and they've moved away from being villianesses into heroes that don't mind a bit of crime to make things go smooth.  :-)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 11, 2017, 05:05:05 PM
I kinda see Ivy as an anti-villian anyway, in that what she does is look out for The Green and nature, she's just extreme about it. She plays well with Catwoman and Harley too and they've moved away from being villianesses into heroes that don't mind a bit of crime to make things go smooth.  :-)

Also if someone was interested in doing Swamp thing she could feasibly be in like a Justice League dark Eco justice League kind of role!

wander

I'm sure I saw it linked upthread though can't find it, so I'm linking the SRD here, so people know the system.

http://www.d20herosrd.com/

Anything looks too complex or confusing, everyone is free to ask me here or in PM. It looks a fair bit, though it boils down fairly easily.

So, I'm interested to see what characters we got coming in, looks like we'll have an Ivy (fairly sure she's in the linked vol 2 to use as a base), I'm pondering myself which hero might be fun.  :-)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 11, 2017, 05:31:30 PM
I'm sure I saw it linked upthread though can't find it, so I'm linking the SRD here, so people know the system.

http://www.d20herosrd.com/

Anything looks too complex or confusing, everyone is free to ask me here or in PM. It looks a fair bit, though it boils down fairly easily.

So, I'm interested to see what characters we got coming in, looks like we'll have an Ivy (fairly sure she's in the linked vol 2 to use as a base), I'm pondering myself which hero might be fun.  :-)

I was thinking of doing Batman and possibly Nightwing but definetly we need someone for Superman and Wonder Woman if at all possible! I think at least having the big three on here iis a solid start!

wander

I could work on doing a pared down version of Superman for PL 10...

I am greatly attracted to DC Rebirth's Lois Lane.  ;D

Maybe editing the title of this thread adding "(Mutants and Masterminds)" at the end of the title will bring in the system gamers who know the system? Atm the thread seems from it's title like it'd be freeform and I actually only came by on a whim as I thought this would be freeform and wanted to see what characters may be involved.  ;D

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 12, 2017, 08:59:45 AM

Maybe editing the title of this thread adding "(Mutants and Masterminds)" at the end of the title will bring in the system gamers who know the system? Atm the thread seems from it's title like it'd be freeform and I actually only came by on a whim as I thought this would be freeform and wanted to see what characters may be involved.  ;D

Sure I can do that! So I think we established we were basing it off of the mutant and mastermind type stuff!

And so I can do Batman you got Superman anyone for Wonder Woman? So we can get the big three represented? We can do multiple characters to if you guys want!

TFcommando

Quote from: wander on December 12, 2017, 08:59:45 AM

That worked for me.  Big fan of supers, DC and the M&M system, glad to help out with characte builds.

Story-wise, how about a new branch of the Justice League that just started up?  The nature of it could be based on what the characters are like, and what the players like.  Could be a covert one like Young Justice, or an urban/crimefighting  one Batman promoted so the big guns on the satellite don’t lose touch. A “dark” one dealing with magic threats. Or just location-based, like the West Coast Avengers were.  That’ll allow for an easy mix of new and established members.

One idea I’ve had is Barbara Gordon as Batgirl running into some weird magic item or cult and becoming steeped in magic from it.  She learned thing she couldn’t unlearn and is different than she used to be.  A variant on that is she was trappped in some (sexy) magic dimension or parallel world for years, becoming a sorceress.  When she does return, she’s only been gone for a short time... or even came back before, keeping herself from going and resulting in two versions of herself.  Thus, the sorceress one has to make a new life.

That’s just one, I’ve got plenty.  😀
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 12, 2017, 06:24:32 PM
That worked for me.  Big fan of supers, DC and the M&M system, glad to help out with characte builds.

Story-wise, how about a new branch of the Justice League that just started up?  The nature of it could be based on what the characters are like, and what the players like.  Could be a covert one like Young Justice, or an urban/crimefighting  one Batman promoted so the big guns on the satellite don’t lose touch. A “dark” one dealing with magic threats. Or just location-based, like the West Coast Avengers were.  That’ll allow for an easy mix of new and established members.

One idea I’ve had is Barbara Gordon as Batgirl running into some weird magic item or cult and becoming steeped in magic from it.  She learned thing she couldn’t unlearn and is different than she used to be.  A variant on that is she was trappped in some (sexy) magic dimension or parallel world for years, becoming a sorceress.  When she does return, she’s only been gone for a short time... or even came back before, keeping herself from going and resulting in two versions of herself.  Thus, the sorceress one has to make a new life.

That’s just one, I’ve got plenty.  😀

My idea or at least the one I wsa thinking! Was that this would be the first incarnation of this earths justice league

following the multiverse idea it would be that in our earth the justice league has not been formed yet and this is their forming. So this league and what its members are and like can be anything we so chose!

Which of course could mean any members or any heroes we want! Even villians turned anti heroes like poison ivy and say a magically infused bat girl!

I like the idea! and so far like what everyone else is thinking as well!

Norsegod1839

Okay so so far I have

Erotic Literacy

TF Commando

Valerian

Metraxa

Diesel Heart

And last but certainly not least Wander

Did I miss anyone?

wander

Spending tomorrow afternoon after I do a grocery shop getting a workable Superman character sheet done.

I've been wanting when I get the time when it's done to do a lil behind the scenes why I make him as I have, to help others with their character builds. :)

Some other characters I've been thinking I'd like (these aren't claims btw, just something I could do if Supes get's done easy enough); a Speedster (Flash), Red Hood, Sandman (Wesley Dodds).

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 12, 2017, 08:38:13 PM
Spending tomorrow afternoon after I do a grocery shop getting a workable Superman character sheet done.

I've been wanting when I get the time when it's done to do a lil behind the scenes why I make him as I have, to help others with their character builds. :)

Some other characters I've been thinking I'd like (these aren't claims btw, just something I could do if Supes get's done easy enough); a Speedster (Flash), Red Hood, Sandman (Wesley Dodds).

We do need a speedster! And I would love if you do the behind the scenes as well Wander! Because I am interested in how you do it for my own character sheet!

SithLordOfSnark

If you're still seeking and don't mind me lurking for a bit to get a feel for everything, I'd be interested.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Norsegod1839

Quote from: SithLordOfSnark on December 12, 2017, 08:43:02 PM
If you're still seeking and don't mind me lurking for a bit to get a feel for everything, I'd be interested.

Welcome aboard! Lurk away!

Metraxa

Ah, I maty have to collaborate with wander then, since there'll be some common events or what have you

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Metraxa on December 12, 2017, 08:47:19 PM
Ah, I maty have to collaborate with wander then, since there'll be some common events or what have you

it's all a collaboration! I'll be working with him as well! lol

VoluptuousVixen

Can I put in interest for Starfire ore a version of her?

wander

I'm good to collaborate to get sheets ready for people that'll give 'em a character they want and will be fun to play. Though atm it's fairly late for me, I'm cool to help set up sheets.

The one tip I'll say is that you get based on PL max limits to certain things (for example, your total Dodge and Toughness cannot go over x2 the PL. This means you can do 10/10 or maybe veer more to one, like Dodge 8/Toughness 12). It's recommended and I've seen it come up in-play myself that you don't wanna go further than +2/-2 in either direction, as it'll make noticeable flaws/opness in your character that can really screw with you when they need to do certain things.

Of course, this is how you represent what characters are great at, so like Supes would have an awesome Toughness, whilst Flash would veer more to an awesome Dodge in this example.

There's no reason why you couldn't do like, Dodge 5, Toughness 15... Though if something bypasses toughness you're gonna be hit due to low dodge and be pretty screwed.

Something to keep in mind.
Basically, if at PL 10 your defences are significantly off from that, that's basically why Supes and Wonder Woman are rated at lower PLs than their points give. They're fairly easy to hit and counter if you know how to take them with a character around the PL they're listed as, or they have another inherent weakness that a character at that PL if created to be balanced probably wouldn't have.

VoluptuousVixen

Ore I can do a version of Wonder Woman if shes still needed more

TFcommando

Quote from: wander on December 12, 2017, 08:38:13 PM

The Golden Age Sandman has always been a favorite. Love the trench coat and gas mask look. I have a few writeups inspired by him and the Green Hornet (who clearly inspired the Sandman too). 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: VoluptuousVixen on December 12, 2017, 08:51:09 PM
Can I put in interest for Starfire ore a version of her?

If you want to play Starfire Wonder woman or even both thats fine!

VoluptuousVixen

Isnt both a bit greedy? I might just go with Wonder Woman, can you put me down for her? But I wonder how to make her different?

Norsegod1839

Quote from: VoluptuousVixen on December 12, 2017, 09:17:59 PM
Isnt both a bit greedy? I might just go with Wonder Woman, can you put me down for her? But I wonder how to make her different?

It's up to you! You can always do an updatted version of her iconic origin!

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 12, 2017, 08:51:37 PM
I'm good to collaborate to get sheets ready for people that'll give 'em a character they want and will be fun to play. Though atm it's fairly late for me, I'm cool to help set up sheets.

The one tip I'll say is that you get based on PL max limits to certain things (for example, your total Dodge and Toughness cannot go over x2 the PL. This means you can do 10/10 or maybe veer more to one, like Dodge 8/Toughness 12). It's recommended and I've seen it come up in-play myself that you don't wanna go further than +2/-2 in either direction, as it'll make noticeable flaws/opness in your character that can really screw with you when they need to do certain things.

Of course, this is how you represent what characters are great at, so like Supes would have an awesome Toughness, whilst Flash would veer more to an awesome Dodge in this example.

There's no reason why you couldn't do like, Dodge 5, Toughness 15... Though if something bypasses toughness you're gonna be hit due to low dodge and be pretty screwed.

Something to keep in mind.
Basically, if at PL 10 your defences are significantly off from that, that's basically why Supes and Wonder Woman are rated at lower PLs than their points give. They're fairly easy to hit and counter if you know how to take them with a character around the PL they're listed as, or they have another inherent weakness that a character at that PL if created to be balanced probably wouldn't have.

Question Wander! Can I have the link for the character sheet so I can post it up on the page? I'll make another thread for you guys to post em into!

wander

You mean this one?

https://rpg.rem.uz/d20%20Variants/d20%20Modern/DC%20Comics%20-%20d20%20-%20Modern%20-%20Mutants%20%26%20Masterminds%203e%20-%20DC%20Adventures%20-%20Character%20Sheet.pdf

I'll probably just write out the character sheet when I've done it without using that sheet. I have a way of formatting that's similar to the character sheet and fairly easy to look up.

I'll post my Superman when he's done here, in this thread. Just so people can see another example of a completed character. I'll be fielding any questions anyone has on character generation here or in my PM inbox also, as it looks like character generation has begun proper now.  :-)

TFcommando

One viewpoint on superheroic motivation!

http://www.spinnyverse.com/comic/03-15-2013, the Spinerette webcomic.  Adam Warren's http://www.empoweredcomic.com/comic/volume-1-page-1 is another great, sexy and very heroic superhero work.

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

wander

Adam Warren's Empowered is super awesome.  ;D I used to own pretty much everything he did for Dirty Pair, the dude is an amazing artist. :)

Valerian

I do like the idea of a slightly less world-oriented league for the group -- that is, they could be called on to help in extreme crises, but for their day to day they'd be involved with more local problems.  That would give us a chance to start with something smaller to get the group working together if we like before moving on to something bigger if that's what the group wants.  Just throwing ideas out, of course, none of this has to happen.  The beauty of an alternate Ivy is that I can make her work with many different scenarios.  :)

I really like the old Sandman, too, that would be a great character to add.  For Ivy's backstory it would help if a character along those lines would have encountered her a little while ago -- she was raised in isolation by a genius scientist with some serious psychological issues and very little in the way of nurturing skills, so when she first meets an outsider she's fundamentally a blank slate and will learn morality from that person.  Hence she can be anything from an out and out villain to an anti-hero or even a four-color hero, though honestly I'd prefer a bit more of the anti-hero type.   ::)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 13, 2017, 03:19:14 AM
You mean this one?

https://rpg.rem.uz/d20%20Variants/d20%20Modern/DC%20Comics%20-%20d20%20-%20Modern%20-%20Mutants%20%26%20Masterminds%203e%20-%20DC%20Adventures%20-%20Character%20Sheet.pdf

I'll probably just write out the character sheet when I've done it without using that sheet. I have a way of formatting that's similar to the character sheet and fairly easy to look up.

I'll post my Superman when he's done here, in this thread. Just so people can see another example of a completed character. I'll be fielding any questions anyone has on character generation here or in my PM inbox also, as it looks like character generation has begun proper now.  :-)

I will wait for you to get the Superman up then Wander! If you have a way of formatting that makes it similar but means we dont have to all print it out fill it out and scan it in or some nonsense then that would be the ideal! So go ahead and do you're superman post it when you have the chance and then we go from there! Everyone else just go ahead and keep thinking on the character or characters you want to play.

I don't mind if people do multiple to since we are a small group for right now! Not ever hero has to be on every mission and having reserves or something makes it so if you want to say have your character get injured you have someone to play!

wander

I've been working on a PL 10 Superman on and off today and progress is coming along well. I'll need to keep at it though, whilst I'm confident I'll have a great Paragon archetype come the end of my tweaking, these things take a little time to do.

You can see from the Vol 2 of Heroes/Villians and also that scan of Batman's character sheet how a good way to write out the stats in a post can look though. I may not be done until this weekend and I'd hate for people to wait for my character to be completed before they work on statting their own up.

The idea I'm pulling across for this is partially that my Superman will be somewhat still learning his powers and is younger than the one we know of currently in Rebirth, also I'm pondering on having some elements of the Flashpoint Universe and other alternate Supermen to explain why he's a little less powerful and weaker than usual. That he was contained in a Red Solar chamber until recently helps with that somewhat.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 13, 2017, 04:38:41 PM
I've been working on a PL 10 Superman on and off today and progress is coming along well. I'll need to keep at it though, whilst I'm confident I'll have a great Paragon archetype come the end of my tweaking, these things take a little time to do.

You can see from the Vol 2 of Heroes/Villians and also that scan of Batman's character sheet how a good way to write out the stats in a post can look though. I may not be done until this weekend and I'd hate for people to wait for my character to be completed before they work on statting their own up.

The idea I'm pulling across for this is partially that my Superman will be somewhat still learning his powers and is younger than the one we know of currently in Rebirth, also I'm pondering on having some elements of the Flashpoint Universe and other alternate Supermen to explain why he's a little less powerful and weaker than usual. That he was contained in a Red Solar chamber until recently helps with that somewhat.

I can use the print out sheet to kind of create a character sheet! But fair warning I do not know formatting at all! And so it is going to be more of a bare bones fill out list. More or less whats in that link I posted above!

I might do that! Help you a bit Wander! it wont be fancy but it will work and thats all that matters right guys?

wander

One final before I jet to bed, to help people out;

PL 10 = 150pts to spend.

o 2pts per rank in an Ability (Str, Sta, Agl, Dex, Fgt, Int, Awe and Pre).

So buying Strength 1 would equal 2 of your 150pts.

Note you're allowed to have 0 in any of the stats (representing normal human level, or for example in D&D parlance, a 10 in a stat). You can also go into negatives to show your character is terrible at one ability, which will give you the equivalent pts back to boost another Ability.

o 1pt to boost Defences.

(Base Defence totals; Dodge = Agility, Fortitude = Stamina, Parry = Fighting, Toughness = Stamina, Will = Awareness.)
(use dodge to defend against ranged attacks or reflex tests)
(fortitude is used to resist physical afflictions, poisons, disease, etc)
(parry is used to defend against melee ranged attacks)
(toughness is your defence against damage and the ability to no-sell it)
(will is your defence against mind control, spiritual or mental assault)

o 1pt gives 2 skill points.

o 1pt per Advantage or rank in an Advantage. Equipment is an Advantage.

o Powers have their own costs depending on how they're constructed.

You can put your 150pts between whatever you want and build your character however you please, with these restrictions;

QuoteFinal Skill Modifiers (ability + skill rank + any modifier) maxes out at +20.

Attack Roll + Effect for an attack cannot total over 20 combined (example: +10 to hit and 10 damage)

Total of Dodge and Toughness together maxes at 20 (eg: dodge 10/toughness 10)

Total of Parry and Toughness together maxes at 20 (eg: parry 10/toughness 10)

Total of Will and Fortitude together maxes at 20 (eg: will 10/fortitude 10)

Note you don't have to max out all of these, in fact you'll find it pretty tough to do that, though it's recommended to get close to the max outs. As stated upthread it's up to you how to balance these trade-offs, so you could do Dodge 8/Toughness 12 for example.

Last note: Some Powers can boost your Defences, these trade-offs go off the final modified defences, not the base totals, so if for example you have a character will a Toughness of 5 and a Power of Protection 10 to give them Toughness 15, the Dodge cannot go over +5.

VoluptuousVixen

Player Name: Wonder Woman
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual (Switch)
Base of Operations: N/A (formerly Paris)
Powers: Flight, Super Strength & Speed.

Weaknesses: Magic and pysch attacks. Diana is physically the strongest woman on the planet. She can withstand much however The Gods ALLWAYS design a flaw and she can be killed by those who created her. Sometimes her Amazonian pride can be a great weakness to her.

History:

Wonder Woman is the Amazonian princess Diana; the daughter of the Amazonian Queen Hippolyta and the Olympian god Zeus. While the Amazons traditionally procreated by raping and then murdering sailors who happened too close to their island, Hippolyta was supposed to have been barren. Legend told that Diana was born of her mother's strong desire for a child, a lump of clay brought to life in the form of a girl; the perfect Amazon, as she was born of no man. The truth, though, was that Hippolyta had had an affair with Zeus, and Diana's real parentage was hidden in order to protect the Queen and her daughter from the wrath of Zeus' notoriously jealous wife Hera. As such, Diana's power was inherited through her divine blood.

Zeus had gone missing, and his wife Hera, in her jealousy, had discovered that yet another child had been conceived by her husband's dalliances with mortal women. The mortal woman in question was Zola, a woman living alone in the country, who was utterly surprised when Hera sent creatures to attack and kill her. Fortunately, she was rescued thanks to the efforts of Hermes, who sent her to request help from Wonder Woman. For safety's sake, Diana took Zola and Hermes to the island of Themyscira, home of the Amazons to beg protection from her mother, who warned that protecting one of Zeus' bastards from Hera would be no simple task. Before long, Hera sent her daughter Strife to do her will. Diana managed to prevent her from manipulating the Amazons into killing each other, but, she was surprised to learn that she and Strife were sisters - a revelation brought to light by the power of the Lasso of Truth.

Diana was the one to take Pilot Steve Trevor back to *Mans World* they had a romance and even stopped Ares from infecting the humans with his hate.

Equipment: Lasso of Truth, Bracelets of Submission.

Appearance without costume:

Costume:

TFcommando

Just as a bit of inspiration, Wander, I threw together a Superman (or Power Girl!) writeup that covers Superman fairly well.  He has crazy Silver Age strength, able to lift 25,000 kilotons and fly at 500,000 MPH and easily see or hear something 19 miles away.   There's always room for improvement... Improved Initiative is a big oversight, and some physical task Quickness would fit too.

Superman

Superman

Attributes 40 PP
Strength 0
Agility 0
Fighting 0
Awareness 8
Stamina 12
Dexterity 0
Intellect 0
Presence 0

Defenses 14 PP
8 Dodge 8
6 Parry 6
0 Fort 12
0 Tough. 12
0 Will 8

Skills: 10 PP 20 points
Expertise: Reporter 4/+4
Insight 0 (+8)
Investigation  4/+4
Perception 2/+10
Persuasion 10/+10

Advantages 2 PP
Interpose
Move-by attack

Powers 84 CP
32 Kryptonian power
-Enhanced Strength 12 enhanced close combat +8 4, lifting strength 2
-Lifting strength 30
-Heat vision Ranged damage 10 Accurate 5 subtle precise incurable increased range 2

12 Invulnerability Impervious Toughness 12

19 Super-speed
-Flight 9
-Flight 18 Distracting

10 Immunity 10 life support

11 Super senses
Sight – Senses 10 Darkvision, Penetrates Concealment, Extended 4
Hearing – Senses 10 Ultra-Hearing, Radio, Penetrates Concealment, Extended 4

Complications
Motivation – Doing Good 
Secret – Secret ID, Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet.
Enemy – Lex Luthor
Fame – A global icon!
Power Loss – Kryptonite
Relationships – Lois Lane & Daily Planet staff
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 14, 2017, 12:01:10 AM
Just as a bit of inspiration, Wander, I threw together a Superman (or Power Girl!) writeup that covers Superman fairly well.  He has crazy Silver Age strength, able to lift 25,000 kilotons and fly at 500,000 MPH and easily see or hear something 19 miles away.   There's always room for improvement... Improved Initiative is a big oversight, and some physical task Quickness would fit too.

Superman

Superman

Attributes 40 PP
Strength 0
Agility 0
Fighting 0
Awareness 8
Stamina 12
Dexterity 0
Intellect 0
Presence 0

Defenses 14 PP
8 Dodge 8
6 Parry 6
0 Fort 12
0 Tough. 12
0 Will 8

Skills: 10 PP 20 points
Expertise: Reporter 4/+4
Insight 0 (+8)
Investigation  4/+4
Perception 2/+10
Persuasion 10/+10

Advantages 2 PP
Interpose
Move-by attack

Powers 84 CP
32 Kryptonian power
-Lifting strength 30
-Heat vision Ranged damage 10 Accurate 5 subtle precise incurable increased range 2

19 Super-speed
-Flight 9
-Flight 18 Distracting

10 Immunity 10 life support

11 Super senses
Sight – Senses 10 Darkvision, Penetrates Concealment, Extended 4
Hearing – Senses 10 Ultra-Hearing, Radio, Penetrates Concealment, Extended 4

Complications
Motivation – Doing Good 
Secret – Secret ID, Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet.
Enemy – Lex Luthor
Fame – A global icon!
Power Loss – Kryptonite
Relationships – Lois Lane & Daily Planet staff

Dang TF! I might need your help with my own Batman! You guys are great!

wander

Damn, that was quick TF! I'm still doing my own version of Supes (nearly done though)!

Mine is somewhat more balanced and not so super as that, though you rocked that really well. ^^

Also, that list format is exactly how I do my own character stats, so EroticLiteracy, I think it'd be cool if that made it as the standard for character sheets. :)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 02:33:14 AM
Damn, that was quick TF! I'm still doing my own version of Supes (nearly done though)!

Mine is somewhat more balanced and not so super as that, though you rocked that really well. ^^

Also, that list format is exactly how I do my own character stats, so EroticLiteracy, I think it'd be cool if that made it as the standard for character sheets. :)

Got it! So should I just take that Character sheet link we have? And then make it as just a list character sheet?

I'm going to create a character thread today! Because some of you guys are almost done! So I will post the link in the room after it is done!

wander

I'm gonna do as much as I can tonight on my sheet. Noone's PMed me or anything, so I have to assume that everyone else is okay to sort their sheets out given all the info I've shared.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 11:46:42 AM
I'm gonna do as much as I can tonight on my sheet. Noone's PMed me or anything, so I have to assume that everyone else is okay to sort their sheets out given all the info I've shared.

I am kind of waiting on yours? I did a room for character sheets and copied the DC adventures character sheet we posted earlier but not entirely sure how happy I am with it!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279731.0

Here is the character room guys! Take a look! Wander when you have finished your sheet can I see it? If I feel your sheet looks better or is more cleaned up I might swap out the one I just did for yours. If that is okay with you.

wander

Bookmarked the thread.

I'm nearly done with my sheet, the one that TF Commando posted has a great format that I was going to use myself, if you needed an example sheet.

When I've finished the sheet (may actually be done tonight), I'll post it here for people to check for sure. Again, it'll just be listing things though I'm open as always to field any questions.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 12:03:38 PM
Bookmarked the thread.

I'm nearly done with my sheet, the one that TF Commando posted has a great format that I was going to use myself, if you needed an example sheet.

When I've finished the sheet (may actually be done tonight), I'll post it here for people to check for sure. Again, it'll just be listing things though I'm open as always to field any questions.

On TF's one I was curious why are certain ones at zero? Is it because it's base level?

Valerian

I'm going to need help with my character sheet but I've hardly had any free time to work on it so as yet I don't even know what questions to ask.  :P
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Valerian on December 14, 2017, 12:50:03 PM
I'm going to need help with my character sheet but I've hardly had any free time to work on it so as yet I don't even know what questions to ask.  :P

You're preaching to the choir! I work for Apple and its our busiest time of the year! So I feel your pain Valerian!

wander

Abilities at 0 are at 'normal human level' as I mentioned before. You can actually go into minus numbers to represent large weakness in something. That said, with my Superman he has 2 in most things, which is basically a D&D score of 14 and makes you pretty damn gifted.

Valerian;
As soon as my sheet is done, I'll see what I can do to help you out, including getting in touch via PM to help you out, 'k? :)

Valerian

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 12:53:42 PM
Abilities at 0 are at 'normal human level' as I mentioned before. You can actually go into minus numbers to represent large weakness in something. That said, with my Superman he has 2 in most things, which is basically a D&D score of 14 and makes you pretty damn gifted.

Valerian;
As soon as my sheet is done, I'll see what I can do to help you out, including getting in touch via PM to help you out, 'k? :)

Sounds good!  I have a sample sheet for Poison Ivy that I found online, but it will definitely need some tweaking.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Valerian on December 14, 2017, 01:14:48 PM
Sounds good!  I have a sample sheet for Poison Ivy that I found online, but it will definitely need some tweaking.

No worries Valerian! I am trying to get this all figured out as well! I'm currently working off hte DC adventure version of Batman who is ridiculously over powered it turns out!

wander

Yep, the one I own has her PL 11 and 182pts, which is a bit over-budget, luckily 32pts is a fairly easy cut.

I'd probably reduce her abilities and powers by around 10pts each, then reduce her skills and defences by 5pts and see what tweaking can go from there. Luckily she doesn't need massive tweaking and should be fairly simple for me to work on for you, if you have ideas on what exactly you'd like to tweak to make her more for you. :)

Valerian

Well, I found a build someone did that has her at PL 10 and 150 points, but there are a couple of things I'd like to get rid of and others I'd like to add.  My original version doesn't have the plant control, just the growth part, for example, though I suppose I could add in the control if she needs the extra power.  But mine also has more knowledge skills and several social drawbacks, whereas the sheet I found has her at zero drawbacks, which is no fun at all.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

wander

Sure. Doing social drawbacks will be simple, as I'd put them down as Complications, personally. Though you could give her a low Presence, which will also make her Willpower lower, though I find it hard to see someone as sexually captivating as Ivy to have a low Pre score. ^^'

The canon sheet she has lists two Complications, one is her extreme Environmentalism, the other lists her Vanity as one, which is more she is obsessive over the power she can hold over people.

If you can somehow PM link me the sheet, or post it here with what you want done with it, I'll add it to my list of projects.

TFcommando

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 14, 2017, 12:09:52 PM
On TF's one I was curious why are certain ones at zero? Is it because it's base level?

Because it’s the base level, and because stats are comparatively expensive in many cases.  For example, a 20 in Presence gives you 20 in all the social skills for 40 points, the max allowed at PL 10.  But buying all three social skills in the game at 20 with 0 Presence will only cost you 30 points.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 14, 2017, 02:42:51 PM
Because it’s the base level, and because stats are comparatively expensive in many cases.  For example, a 20 in Presence gives you 20 in all the social skills for 40 points, the max allowed at PL 10.  But buying all three social skills in the game at 20 with 0 Presence will only cost you 30 points.

I seeee kind of lol!

I am working on my own guy now! So me and Wander should be posting our guys up at more or les the same time so everyone else can kind of go from there!

wander

Just working on what Super-Senses on my sheet should make the cut or not, then a quick count up on the points to make sure I spent correctly and a double-check on his defences and I'll be done.  :-)

TheVillain

Tossing in my hat for interest. It's a bit odd of an idea so I thought I should run it by the GM first.

Basic Idea is that it's this universe's Hourman. Rick Tyler is an FBI Agent trying to function in a superhero world and make a difference with no powers when he appears to be abducted by aliens (actually his own descendents from the future but that they'll have to figure out later). When returned he appears to have gained the ability to get one precognative vision a day, always exactly one hour in the future.

That's it. The rest is just training and skill.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on December 14, 2017, 03:51:14 PM
Tossing in my hat for interest. It's a bit odd of an idea so I thought I should run it by the GM first.

Basic Idea is that it's this universe's Hourman. Rick Tyler is an FBI Agent trying to function in a superhero world and make a difference with no powers when he appears to be abducted by aliens (actually his own descendents from the future but that they'll have to figure out later). When returned he appears to have gained the ability to get one precognative vision a day, always exactly one hour in the future.

That's it. The rest is just training and skill.

Sure go with that! I'm all for out there ideas! As long as you can get it into a character sheet! I am fine!

wander

Posting my Supes here, so I don't have to worry about Bio hijinks just yet, I'll do that stuff tomorrow. Here's what I did for him;

Abilities (38 PPs)

Str 5
Sta 5
Agl 1
Dex 1
Fgt 4
Int 1
Awe 1
Pre 1

Offence;
Initiative +1

+14 Unarmed Attack, 5 damage.
+9 Heat Vision, 9 damage.

Defences (24 PPs)
Dodge: 1 (+8pts) 9
Fort: 5 (+4pts) 9
Parry: 4 (+5pts) 9
Tough: [10]
Will: 1 (+7pts) 8

Skills (11 PPs; 22 skill points)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 10 (+14)
Expertise (Krypton) 1 (+2)
Expertise (Journalism) 1 (+2)
Perception 1 (+2)
Persuasion 1 (+2)
Ranged Combat (Heat Vision) 8 (+9)

Advantages (8 PPs);
Beginner's Luck, Extraordinary Effort, Inspire, Interpose, Languages (Kryptonian), Leadership, Seize Initiative, Ultimate Effort (Toughness tests).

Powers (69 PPs);

Flight: Flight Rank 9 (1,000mph) (18 PPs)

Heat Vision: Ranged Damage 9, Reduced Range (9 PPs)

Invulnerability: Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 10, Immunity (Life Support) (25 PPs)

Super Senses: Senses 6: extended hearing, extended vision, infravision, ultra-hearing, vision penetrates concealment (except lead). (6 PPs)

Super Speed: Quickness 5 (5 PPs)

Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6, Limited to Lifting (Str 11: 50 tons lifting). (6 PPs)

COMPLICATIONS;

Power Loss: Superman can lose his powers under red solar power (like that of the long-gone Krypton) or with anything that can affect or drain yellow solar energy.

Work Relationships: Superman has close relationships with those who work at the Daily Planet, though especially Lois Lane. This can act as much as a motivation for Superman to take action as much as land him in trouble too.

Responsibility: Superman is motivated by the responsibility he feels to use his powers for the good and benefit of all mankind.

Secret Identity: Clark Kent of the Daily Planet.

Vulnerability: Against Magic, Superman loses his impervious toughness as it can affect him the same as anyone else.

Weakness: Kryptonite. Exposure to it afflicts Superman with Impaired Str + Powers, Disabled Str + Powers and finally Debilitated Str + Powers. If continually exposed to green kryptonite imposes the dying condition after a manner of minutes and could potentially lead to death.

Norsegod1839

And following that this is tentatively my Batman!

Abilities (31 PPs)

Strength: 2
Agility: 4
Fighting: 7
Awareness: 3
Stamina:  2
Dexterity: 3
Intellect: 7
Presence: 3

Offence:

Batarang 15
Unarmed 25
Ranged Damage 8
Close Damage 6

Defense

Dodge 14
Parry 10
Will 15
Fortitude 5
Toughness 8/4

Skills:

Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 7 (+9), Deception 7 (+14), Expertise Hand to Hand Fighting 10 (+17), Expertise criminology 9 (+16), insight 10 (+17), Intimidation 10 (+13) Investigation 14 (+20), Perception 10 (+13), Persuasion 5 (+12) Stealth 13 (+15) Technology 8 (+15) Treatment 5 (+12) Vehicles 8 (+15)

Advantages:

Assessment, Benefit 3 (billionaire), Close Attack 6, Connected contacts, Daze (intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive roll 4, Equipment 20,  Evasion, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Instant Up, Inventor, Jack Of All Trades, Langauges 4, Move By action, Power Attack, Precise Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (intimidation), Skill Mastery (investigation), Startle, Tracking, Well informed

Equipment

Flashlight  feature 1 (illumination) 1 point
Grapnel Gun Super Movement (Swinging) 2 Points
Mini Tracers Feature 1 (Tracking) 1 Point
Rebreather  immunity 2 (Suffocation) Limited 1 point

Utility Belt: Array (19 points)
Bolo’s Ranged Affliction 4 (resisted by dodge, hindered and vulnerable, defenseless and immobile) 12 points

Batman makes a ranged attack check against
the target’s Dodge. If successful, the target makes a
DC 14 Dodge check. On a failure, the target moves
at half speed and has half normal Dodge and Parry.
With two degrees of failure, they cannot move and
are at 0 Dodge and Parry.

Batarangs strength based ranged damage 2 * 2 points

Throwing weapons doing Damage rank
2 plus Batman’s Strength 4. Batman makes a ranged
attack check against the target’s Dodge. If successful,
the target makes a DC 21 Toughness check

Cutting Torch Damage 1 (heat) linked to weaken objects toughness 1 * 2 points

Gauntlets slashing damage 4 * 1 point

Explosive Batarangs ranged burst damage 2 * 1 point

Throwing weapons that do
Damage rank 4 to all targets in a 30-foot radius.

Flash Bombs Ranged burst area affliction 4 (resisted by fortitude, vision impaired, vision disabled, vision unaware) *2 points

Release a brilliant flash of light; targets
in a 30-foot radius make a Fortitude check (DC 13).
Failure is a –2 penalty on checks involving vision.
Two degree is a –5 while three or more leaves the
target blinded. Make a new Fortitude check each
round to recover.

Smoke Bombs Cloud area visual concealment attack 2 * 1 point

Release a thick cloud of smoke,
allowing Batman to make Stealth checks to hide
even someone has already spotted him.

Tear Gas Bomb Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 3 (resisted by fortitude, dazed and vision impaired stunned and vision disabled, incapacitated) * 1 point

Complications

Past Injury: Batman has been operating for several years now and has received many injuries that might or might not flare up if his body is under stress

Secret Identity: Bruce Wayne

No Powers: Batman is an ordinary human being

Responsibility: Bruce feels as if Gotham is his biggest responsibility

Dedication: Bruce has an almost single minded dedication to stopping and preventing crime

wander

I'd recommend editing in what PPs you spent in each section, makes it easier to check if you did everything correct. :)

A few notes;

Your Offence at first to me looked off by a fair bit, though I figured out what's up with him.

Btw your Initiative is your Agility score with any modifiers, such as the Improved Initiative you have (It should be +8 by count given your current sheet).

So... Your close combat score to hit alone is over 20, without the effect damage does included, I'd reduce either the Close Combat Advantage or reduce your Hand to Hand skill. See also that the Ranged Attack advantage also is included in the max of 20. You need to balance 20 between the 'to hit' modifier and the effect (damage). This isn't the base, it's the final total you need to consider.

Your Fortitude + Will goes over 20.

Your Investigation is 21 when the max is 20.

I'll check the Equipment over tomorrow, though as mentioned on the original Batman sheet, they don't actually include prices for the added items in the utility belt. I'll actually go over the items you included with you in PM, to sort them out more.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 07:12:20 PM
I'd recommend editing in what PPs you spent in each section, makes it easier to check if you did everything correct. :)

A few notes;

Your Offence at first to me looked off by a fair bit, though I figured out what's up with him.

Btw your Initiative is your Agility score with any modifiers, such as the Improved Initiative you have (It should be +8 by count given your current sheet).

So... Your close combat score to hit alone is over 20, without the effect damage does included, I'd reduce either the Close Combat Advantage or reduce your Hand to Hand skill. See also that the Ranged Attack advantage also is included in the max of 20. You need to balance 20 between the 'to hit' modifier and the effect (damage). This isn't the base, it's the final total you need to consider.

Your Fortitude + Will goes over 20.

Your Investigation is 21 when the max is 20.

I'll check the Equipment over tomorrow, though as mentioned on the original Batman sheet, they don't actually include prices for the added items in the utility belt. I'll actually go over the items you included with you in PM, to sort them out more.

I did some adjustments! But I think my points are still off like you said!

wander

I Pmed you explaining more on Equipment, so we can get that solved nicely over that medium then edit your sheet accordingly.

If I can see where your 150 PPs went in each section (see like how I put next to each section title the number in brackets on my Superman sheet), I can see what I can do to shift a few things round and get him game-ready for you.

He's a badass and he's like 90% done now, with a few finishing touches he's golden. :)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 07:35:48 PM
I Pmed you explaining more on Equipment, so we can get that solved nicely over that medium then edit your sheet accordingly.

If I can see where your 150 PPs went in each section (see like how I put next to each section title the number in brackets on my Superman sheet), I can see what I can do to shift a few things round and get him game-ready for you.

He's a badass and he's like 90% done now, with a few finishing touches he's golden. :)

I got the PM up now and am trying to make some further adjustments! This equipment stuff is slowing me down a bit! But want to get it finished tonight so we can help everyone else!

TFcommando

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 05:55:48 PM
Posting my Supes here, so I don't have to worry about Bio hijinks just yet, I'll do that stuff tomorrow. Here's what I did for him;

Abilities (38 PPs)

Str 5
Sta 5
Agl 1
Dex 1
Fgt 4
Int 1
Awe 1
Pre 1

Offence;
Initiative +1

+14 Unarmed Attack, 5 damage.
+9 Heat Vision, 9 damage.

Defences (24 PPs)
Dodge: 1 (+8pts) 9
Fort: 5 (+4pts) 9
Parry: 4 (+5pts) 9
Tough: [10]
Will: 1 (+7pts) 8

I touched on stats earlier... you might consider buying Stamina up to 10 since you bought up Protection and Fortitude.  That would give you a big advantage for endurance rolls, as we rarely see Superman get tired.  Conversely, I'd drop all the 1s you have to 0s and buy up the skill(s) linked to them, since it's generally only one skill per stat.   A high Awareness is worth it though, since it goes with Will defense, and both Perception and Insight are useful, even just at the default from a 6 or better Awareness.  Fighting 4 doesn't get you much.  If you drop it to 0 and put the points into just Parry and Close Combat, you'd save a few points.  The only thing you'd lose is the ability to do grabs, disarms and such, but with a 4, you'd be hard-pressed to even grab plain goons.

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 05:55:48 PM

Skills (11 PPs; 22 skill points)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 10 (+14)
Expertise (Krypton) 1 (+2)
Expertise (Journalism) 1 (+2)
Perception 1 (+2)
Persuasion 1 (+2)
Ranged Combat (Heat Vision) 8 (+9)

Advantages (8 PPs);
Beginner's Luck, Extraordinary Effort, Inspire, Interpose, Languages (Kryptonian), Leadership, Seize Initiative, Ultimate Effort (Toughness tests).

Powers (69 PPs);

Flight: Flight Rank 9 (1,000mph) (18 PPs)

Heat Vision: Ranged Damage 9, Reduced Range (9 PPs)

Invulnerability: Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 10, Immunity (Life Support) (25 PPs)

Super Senses: Senses 6: extended hearing, extended vision, infravision, ultra-hearing, vision penetrates concealment (except lead). (6 PPs)

Super Speed: Quickness 5 (5 PPs)

Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6, Limited to Lifting (Str 11: 50 tons lifting). (6 PPs)

There are only three levels of range in M&M, Close, Ranged and Perception.  By taking Reduced Range on the Heat Vision, it only works as a melee attack, in adjacent squares.  Was that what you were looking for?  If not, you might consider making it an alternate power with the Super Strength and Quickness, since there are very few times you'd be using them at the same time.  Removing the Ranged Combat Skill and replacing it with Accurate will give you more points for the alternate powers.  An example:

24 Powers and abilities beyond mortal men!
Heat Vision: Ranged Damage 9, Accurate 5 (23 PPs)
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6, Limited to Lifting (Str 11: 50 tons lifting). (6 PPs) Super Speed: Quickness 5 (5 PPs) (And 12 points for more Lifting Strength, Quickness or other powers to use when not using heat vision)

That would cost the same as your current setup.

The low Strength and high Close Combat skill seems atypical for a paragon/powerhouse type, who usually have higher damage and lower to-hits than the PL.  It can still work, of course, though you will definitely want to consider the Power Attack advantage, which lets you do +5 damage at the cost of -5 to hit (Anyone can do this at +2/-2, and other trade off ones at that level, like Accurate Attack or Defensive Attack).  As of now, Batman can do more damage output than Superman!

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TheVillain

Let's try this out.

Hourman

Section 1: The Basics

Hero: "The Hour Man"

Player: TheVillain

Identity: DEO Agent Rick Tyler

Secret Or Public: Semi-Secret, Rick Tyler is a known FBI Agent but his metahuman ability and the circumstances of how he acquired this ability are classified.

Section 2: Physical Description

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 175 lbs

Eye color: Blue

Hair Color: Brown

Optional Face Claim: Patrick J Adams

Section 3: Personal History

Personality: A bit of a bad boy by the standards of FBI Agents but that doesn't mean a whole lot. A believer in his own skills and in the law, Rick understands that some secrets need to stay secret. Between that and his skills he's been recruited into the DEO, the Department of Extranormal Operations. A branch of the FBI that specificlaly deals with "unusual cases". Will occasionally crack a joke but when it's crunch time he's a professional through and through.

Biography: Rick Tyler could of laid back on his trust fund and enjoyed the easy life. His grandfather was Rex Tyler, the founder of Tyler Pharmaceuticals and secretly the 30's superhero Miraclo. Rex used a pill he invented to give himself temporary superpowers, but the addiction killed him in the end. The Tyler family both was inspired by their ancestor and used as a warning about the dangers of drug addiction. Rick would instead use his money to get one of the best educations money could by and became an FBI Agent.

Secretly, he's more then that. Within the FBI is a secret inner branch specifically for dealing with "unusual cases" like those involving metahumans called the DEO. The DEO quietly recruited him with their knowledge of his family's superhero past and with the promise of better training and clearence. A group of FBI agents trying to keep up with metahumans seems like it's doomed to failure but they seem to do fine.

Things changed a couple months ago. While out with other DEO agents on a training excercises, Rick became one of his own cases when he was apparently abducted by aliens right in front of other DEO agents. He was returned apparently unharmed but in a coma, exactly one hour later.

His first seizure was while he was in the hospital after he finally woke up. In the seizure he had a vision of a crazed gunman opening fire in a shopping mall killing several people including a US Senator. Senator Ervin Simon was indeed assassinated along with several other people - exactly one hour later. That's Rick's life now. No medication seems to have any effect on the seizures, sometimes he even gets a few days between them. But it always goes like that. Rick has a seizure, during which he gets a vision of some upcoming tragedy or horror - and when he comes out of it he gets One Hour to Prevent it.

He's taken to calling it his Hour of Power, because when he's had one of his seizures - the Clock is Ticking.

Group Affiliation: Rick is an FBI Agent, specifically working in the DEO branch.

Base Of Operations: FBI Branches and HQ locations.

Section 4: Equipment

Costume: Rick tries for a more subtle approach and usually appears as a normal FBI Agent.

Equipment/ Gadgets: DEO Standard Equipment, which includes a Kevler Undershirt, a Heavy Pistol, His Badge, a Multitool, a Cellphone, and a Lock Release Gun.

Section 5: General Stats

Power Level: 10

Total Power Points: 150

Powers: - 1 PP
Hour of Power [Senses 4 (Precognition - Flaws: Tiring, Uncontrolled, Unreliable)] - Ever since his abduction, Rick has been getting violent seizures almost daily. However, with each seizure comes a precognitive vision of something that's going to happen in exactly 60 Minutes. Rick has no control over his metahuman ability, and gets very little warning when it flares up - but he's still determined to use his ability to save lives.

Advantages: - 23 PP
Assessment, Benefit 3 [Security Clearence 3], Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 3, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 7, Takedown 1, Teamwork, Well-Informed, Equipment 3

Skills: - 39 PP (78 Ranks)
Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat (+10), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise Law Enforcement 9 (+12), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation 8 (+12), Investigation 9 (+12), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+12), Ranged Combat 6 Guns (+10), Stealth 7 (+10), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Defenses:
Dodge 10 (7)
Parry 10
Fortitude 8 (5)
Toughness 7/3
Will 10 (6)

Section 6: Abilities - 68 PP

Strength: 3

Agility: 3

Fighting: 10

Awareness: 4

Stamina: 3

Dexterity: 4

Intellect: 3

Presence: 4

Section 7: Offense
DEO Pistol: Damage 5 +15
Grab +10 DC 13
Throw +11 DC 18
Unarmed +10 DC 18

Section 8: Complications
Medical Condition - Rick's precognitive events are accompanied by dramatic and unmedicatable seizures.
Motivation: Doing Good - Rick ultimately is just trying to do the best he can with this new power of his, as he's painfully aware that when he doesn't act on his visions it usually means people die.
Obsession - Rick wants to know why the "aliens" picked him and gave him this power. [The Aliens were actually his own descendents from the far future, but their motives are still unknown.]
Responsibility - Rick is still an FBI Agent, specifically with the DEO Branch. Currently this is a boon actually as it gives him a level of access to act on his visions that he wouldn't normally have but it does lead to some butting of heads.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TFcommando

Some of it has been touched on already, but chiming in too!

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 14, 2017, 06:09:11 PM
And following that this is tentatively my Batman!

Abilities (31 PPs)

Agility: 4
Fighting: 7
Awareness: 3
Stamina:  2
Dexterity: 3
Intellect: 7
Presence: 3

Offence:

Batarang 15
Unarmed 25
Ranged Damage 8
Close Damage 6

Defense

Dodge 14
Parry 10
Will 15
Fortitude 5
Toughness 8/4

Skills:

Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 7 (+9), Deception 7 (+14), Expertise Hand to Hand Fighting 10 (+17), Expertise criminology 9 (+16), insight 10 (+17), Intimidation 10 (+13) Investigation 14 (+20), Perception 10 (+13), Persuasion 5 (+12) Stealth 13 (+15) Technology 8 (+15) Treatment 5 (+12) Vehicles 8 (+15)

You can buy up your Agility and buy down dodge, Stealth and Acrobatics by a similar amount.  If you do it by 4, you save the point spent on Heightened Initiative.  Dex and Ranged Combat you can buy down to replace with Ranged Combat: Batarangs (or Throwing) and Vehicle skill.  The flash bombs, grenades and such don't require to-hit rolls since they're area effect weapons.  Ranged Attack applies to all ranged combat, which isn't needed in this case.

Likewise, switch out Presence to raise the three social skills by an equal amount, and Awareness vs. Will, Perception and Insight, since they're all high for him.

The Jack of All Trades advantage lets you use skills untrained.  Definitely consider the Eidetic Memory advantage, which lets you make Expertise rolls untrained too, and is great for showing how Batman will always come up with a lot of information on the most obscure of subjects.   You spent 20 points on Int-based skills.  If you shift those points to Intelligence, you'll have a 17 Int and thus +17 on all the skills (and can find a few points to raise up Investigation to 20). 

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 14, 2017, 06:09:11 PM

Advantages:

Assessment, Benefit 3 (billionaire), Close Attack 6, Connected contacts, Daze (intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive roll 4, Equipment 20,  Evasion, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Instant Up, Inventor, Jack Of All Trades, Langauges 4, Move By action, Power Attack, Precise Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (intimidation), Skill Mastery (investigation), Startle, Tracking, Well informed

Equipment

Bolo’s Ranged Affliction 4 (resisted by dodge, hindered and vulnerable, defenseless and immobile) 12 points

Batman makes a ranged attack check against
the target’s Dodge. If successful, the target makes a
DC 14 Dodge check. On a failure, the target moves
at half speed and has half normal Dodge and Parry.
With two degrees of failure, they cannot move and
are at 0 Dodge and Parry.

Batarangs strength based ranged damage 2 * 2 points

Throwing weapons doing Damage rank
2 plus Batman’s Strength 4. Batman makes a ranged
attack check against the target’s Dodge. If successful,
the target makes a DC 21 Toughness check

Cutting Torch Damage 1 (heat) linked to weaken objects toughness 1 * 2 points

Gauntlets slashing damage 4 * 1 point

Explosive Batarangs ranged burst damage 2 * 1 point

Throwing weapons that do
Damage rank 4 to all targets in a 30-foot radius.

Flash Bombs Ranged burst area affliction 4 (resisted by fortitude, vision impaired, vision disabled, vision unaware) *2 points

Release a brilliant flash of light; targets
in a 30-foot radius make a Fortitude check (DC 13).
Failure is a –2 penalty on checks involving vision.
Two degree is a –5 while three or more leaves the
target blinded. Make a new Fortitude check each
round to recover.

Release a thick cloud of smoke,
allowing Batman to make Stealth checks to hide
even someone has already spotted him.

Tear Gas Bomb Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 3 (resisted by fortitude, dazed and vision impaired stunned and vision disabled, incapacitated) * 1 point

One big thing... the Equipment advantage gives you 5 Equipment points for every Power Point.  The gear you have now would only require Equipment 5 to afford (and give you one more equipment point).  That'd give you a lot more points to play with.  You could get a Batcave and Batmobile too.  One of the Gadget Guides has a Tumbler-inspired writeup that costs 30 EP, so Equipment 6, for reference.

Things bought with Equipment points are more fragile and have less "plot immunity" that gadgets bought with points, its worth noting.  That's why I'm a little leery of having the damage-dealing gauntlets in there.  You might want to buy some Damage as a power, defined as "Martial Arts" or "hit them where it hurts," so he's capable even when his utility belt is gone. 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

Quote from: TheVillain on December 14, 2017, 11:55:16 PM
Hourman

Power Level: 10

Total Power Points: 150

Powers: - 2 PP
Hour of Power [Senses 4 (Precognition - Flaws: Tiring, Uncontrolled)] - Ever since his abduction, Rick has been getting violent seizures almost daily. However, with each seizure comes a precognitive visions of something that's going to happen in exactly 60 Minutes. Rick has no control over his metahuman ability, and gets very little warning when it flares up - but he's still determined to use his ability to save lives.

Advantages: - 22 PP
Assessment, Benefit 3 [Security Clearence 3], Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 3, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown 1, Teamwork, Well-Informed, Equipment 3

Skills: - 40 PP (80 Ranks)
Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat (+10), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise Law Enforcement 9 (+12), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation 8 (+12), Investigation 9 (+12), Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion 8 (+12), Ranged Combat 2 Guns (+6), Stealth 7 (+10), Vehicles 8 (+12)

Defenses:
Dodge 10 (7)
Parry 10
Fortitude 8 (5)
Toughness 7/3
Will 10 (6)

Section 6: Abilities - 68 PP

Strength: 3

Agility: 3

Awareness: 4

Stamina: 3

Dexterity: 4

Intellect: 3

Presence: 4

Section 7: Offense
DEO Pistol: Damage 5 +10
Grab +10 DC 13
Throw +10 DC 18
Unarmed +10 DC 18

Section 8: Complications
Motivation: Doing Good - Rick ultimately is just trying to do the best he can with this new power of his, as he's painfully aware that when he doesn't act on his visions it usually means people die.
Obsession - Rick wants to know why the "aliens" picked him and gave him this power. [The Aliens were actually his own descendents from the far future, but their motives are still unknown.]
Responsibility - Rick is still an FBI Agent, specifically with the DEO Branch. Currently this is a boon actually as it gives him a level of access to act on his visions that he wouldn't normally have but it does lead to some butting of heads.
[/spoiler]

You might want to bring your main defenses up to the power level cap.  With Toughness 7, make Dodge 13, or buy more Defensive Roll to get Toughness up to 10.  Likewise, all your attacks are underpowered.  The usual thing for normal-type heroes is to buy up the accuracy more and take Power Attack for a lucky/skilled shot that does a lot of damage when needed.  +15 Guns instead of just +10.  Same thing for unarmed combat, with buying a couple of points of close damage defined as fighting ability. 

You could get the Precognition down to 1 point, as it's not only Uncontrolled, but Unreliable as well, which covers not being able to use it often.  The seizures that go with it could make a good Complication as well.

The things I said about characteristics apply here too.  It's an effects-based system, so a low stat and a high skill means that someone is just as good as the opposite.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

wander

Quote from: TFcommando on December 14, 2017, 11:54:35 PM
I touched on stats earlier... you might consider buying Stamina up to 10 since you bought up Protection and Fortitude.  That would give you a big advantage for endurance rolls, as we rarely see Superman get tired.

Good point, it's more I wanted the Impervious Toughness covered and based the rough purchase in a similar manner to the canon Superman sheet from the DC Adventures books. Having a higher Stamina would be good, so I'll see if I can tweak it slightly, probably not all the way up to 10, though closer to it.

QuoteThere are only three levels of range in M&M, Close, Ranged and Perception.  By taking Reduced Range on the Heat Vision, it only works as a melee attack, in adjacent squares.  Was that what you were looking for?  If not, you might consider making it an alternate power with the Super Strength and Quickness, since there are very few times you'd be using them at the same time.

Yeah, I fucked up. I meant to get the flaw that chips the length of range down, not the type (I meant Diminished Range, basically). However that has a -1 flat point cost, which means I'd need to rejig my powers... D'oh.

QuoteRemoving the Ranged Combat Skill and replacing it with Accurate will give you more points for the alternate powers.

An example:

24 Powers and abilities beyond mortal men!
Heat Vision: Ranged Damage 9, Accurate 5 (23 PPs)
Super Speed: Quickness 5 (5 PPs) (And 12 points for more Lifting Strength, Quickness or other powers to use when not using heat vision)

That would cost the same as your current setup.

The low Strength and high Close Combat skill seems atypical for a paragon/powerhouse type, who usually have higher damage and lower to-hits than the PL.  It can still work, of course, though you will definitely want to consider the Power Attack advantage, which lets you do +5 damage at the cost of -5 to hit (Anyone can do this at +2/-2, and other trade off ones at that level, like Accurate Attack or Defensive Attack).  As of now, Batman can do more damage output than Superman!

Back to the drawing board for a bit then. I'm fairly busy today, though I'll see what I can do later and tomorrow.

TFcommando

I'm still mulling over ideas for the former Batgirl as sorceress.  One is that there's a hidden world of magic in Gotham and the world and she ran across it on a case, learned more to solve it/find the missing girl and got too deep to get back out, couldn't close her eyes to what she was seeing and go back to just punching bank robbers and lunatics.  She retired as Batgirl (possibly ritually sacrificing her fighting skills for sorcerous power) and as Barbara Gordon, opened an occult bookstore while moving deeper and deeper into the world of magic, keeping it from bleeding out too much into the "mundane" parts of the city/world, and giving Batman and her father tips of the more conventional crimes she learns of.  Still good, but her standards and perspectives have shifted.

It's a perverted sort of magic she has an affinity towards, gaining energy for it via ritual sex.  She and Zatanna might have been intimates for a while, learning from each other.  She kept this from Batman and the others for their protection.  Question is, why did she break her isolation and join the Justice League?  Perhaps Zatanna was asked but was busy/in another dimension, and asked Barbara to take her spot.

Sexy Zatanna!

Topless conceptual image!

Another concept is a Cheetah-themed speedster.  A teenage/early college female relative of Barbara Minerva who somehow ended up with some the curse/power she'd been drawing on (cut herself on the ritual dagger?).  Could be fully furry (and naked!) or just spots, ears and a tail, inspired by the DC Super Hero Girls Cheetah.  She might not be able to lead a normal life thanks to her changes but is still determined to do good (and she doesn't stand out in/as a member of the Justice League, helping with acceptance).  That would be an interesting connection with our Wonder Woman.

One more is a supernaturally-enhanced Phantom Lady, one of the early "good girl" heroines who's had a few legacy versions (and some reboots) over the years.  A sexy costumed normal who deals more with espionage and terrorism rather than organized crime, she has a couple of gadgets with an illusion/darkness/invisibility theme.  Like the Batgirl concept, she'd have had a run-in with the hidden supernatural part of the world and been changed by it, now linked to an amulet called the "succubus eye" that gives her some supernatural support powers, shapeshifting, the ability to see the supernatural, perhaps teleporting or darkness.  A punching detective hero, but with a very different niche and focus than Batman.

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 15, 2017, 01:25:25 PM
I'm still mulling over ideas for the former Batgirl as sorceress.  One is that there's a hidden world of magic in Gotham and the world and she ran across it on a case, learned more to solve it/find the missing girl and got too deep to get back out, couldn't close her eyes to what she was seeing and go back to just punching bank robbers and lunatics.  She retired as Batgirl (possibly ritually sacrificing her fighting skills for sorcerous power) and as Barbara Gordon, opened an occult bookstore while moving deeper and deeper into the world of magic, keeping it from bleeding out too much into the "mundane" parts of the city/world, and giving Batman and her father tips of the more conventional crimes she learns of.  Still good, but her standards and perspectives have shifted.

It's a perverted sort of magic she has an affinity towards, gaining energy for it via ritual sex.  She and Zatanna might have been intimates for a while, learning from each other.  She kept this from Batman and the others for their protection.  Question is, why did she break her isolation and join the Justice League?  Perhaps Zatanna was asked but was busy/in another dimension, and asked Barbara to take her spot.

Sexy Zatanna!

Topless conceptual image!

Another concept is a Cheetah-themed speedster.  A teenage/early college female relative of Barbara Minerva who somehow ended up with some the curse/power she'd been drawing on (cut herself on the ritual dagger?).  Could be fully furry (and naked!) or just spots, ears and a tail, inspired by the DC Super Hero Girls Cheetah.  She might not be able to lead a normal life thanks to her changes but is still determined to do good (and she doesn't stand out in/as a member of the Justice League, helping with acceptance).  That would be an interesting connection with our Wonder Woman.

One more is a supernaturally-enhanced Phantom Lady, one of the early "good girl" heroines who's had a few legacy versions (and some reboots) over the years.  A sexy costumed normal who deals more with espionage and terrorism rather than organized crime, she has a couple of gadgets with an illusion/darkness/invisibility theme.  Like the Batgirl concept, she'd have had a run-in with the hidden supernatural part of the world and been changed by it, now linked to an amulet called the "succubus eye" that gives her some supernatural support powers, shapeshifting, the ability to see the supernatural, perhaps teleporting or darkness.  A punching detective hero, but with a very different niche and focus than Batman.

I am kind of digging your female cheetah idea! Sounds like it could be a ton of fun! You can always play multiples to if you want!

TheVillain

Will make some adaptations to Hour Man, if I get a vote I'm more a fan of the Phantom Lady. Kind of have a thing for the classics though.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on December 15, 2017, 02:17:52 PM
Will make some adaptations to Hour Man, if I get a vote I'm more a fan of the Phantom Lady. Kind of have a thing for the classics though.

I say throw them all in! lol

TheVillain

Made some changes to the Hour Man app. Kept the defenses where they are but did the other things TF suggested.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on December 15, 2017, 02:27:53 PM
Made some changes to the Hour Man app. Kept the defenses where they are but did the other things TF suggested.

Looking good! You can go ahead and post it onto the character she thread if you want Villian!

TFcommando

Quote from: TheVillain on December 15, 2017, 02:17:52 PM

Working on both now.  Not sure I'll run both at once, but one could always have them "tag out."

A concern about Hourman... Batman really hates guns, and someone who has one as a primary attack might cause friction.  Game-wise, there's no mechanical difference between  "shooting to disable" and "shooting to kill," especially with minions.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TheVillain

Quote from: TFcommando on December 15, 2017, 05:07:07 PM
Working on both now.  Not sure I'll run both at once, but one could always have them "tag out."

A concern about Hourman... Batman really hates guns, and someone who has one as a primary attack might cause friction.  Game-wise, there's no mechanical difference between  "shooting to disable" and "shooting to kill," especially with minions.

I think of his primary attack of being his badge, the gun is just more obvious to stat. Plus, with that Fighting Stat he's got to have some martial arts chops.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on December 15, 2017, 05:09:52 PM
I think of his primary attack of being his badge, the gun is just more obvious to stat. Plus, with that Fighting Stat he's got to have some martial arts chops.

Plus I dont think Batman forces that on other hero's? At least in most comics I read with him. Superman doesnt kill primarily but isnt above doing it if it's needed and Batman never really forces or holds that against him.

TheVillain

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 15, 2017, 05:11:48 PM
Plus I dont think Batman forces that on other hero's? At least in most comics I read with him. Superman doesnt kill primarily but isnt above doing it if it's needed and Batman never really forces or holds that against him.

Meanwhile Wondy straight up hates Necks.

[I can see friction with Bats for sure. Though it probably helps that Rick is a legit federal agent.]

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on December 15, 2017, 05:13:14 PM
Meanwhile Wondy straight up hates Necks.

[I can see friction with Bats for sure. Though it probably helps that Rick is a legit federal agent.]

Plus my batman is the older sort.... so I assume he will have gained some kind of resignation that guns are a thing people use!

wander

And slowly I recover from christmas work's do!  :D

Tomorrow I'm gonna tweak Supes... I'm gonna look at some of the Paragon sample build in the corebook along with TF's tips to get my character up to scratch and be good to go. :)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 16, 2017, 05:34:32 PM
And slowly I recover from christmas work's do!  :D

Tomorrow I'm gonna tweak Supes... I'm gonna look at some of the Paragon sample build in the corebook along with TF's tips to get my character up to scratch and be good to go. :)

Sounds good! I have not had a chance to work on my Batman yet!

wander

My aim will not to be min-max though I clearly did mess up a few things, I'd have done some work today though between hangover and knowing it's a bit of a big job to redo, I'mma do it tomorrow now instead.  ;D

wander

An update from myself is I'm putting Supes on the back-burner, TF you already got a Supes sheet done so maybe you can play that one?

Atm I'm working on The Flash for myself as I feel more comfortable doing that than just tweaking Supes more.  :-)

TFcommando

Quote from: wander on December 17, 2017, 10:54:00 AM
An update from myself is I'm putting Supes on the back-burner, TF you already got a Supes sheet done so maybe you can play that one?

Atm I'm working on The Flash for myself as I feel more comfortable doing that than just tweaking Supes more.  :-)

I should have the Phantom Lady and Cheetah up shortly, I can't switch again now. :)  Superman doesn't grab me as a character choice, but if anyone wants to use the sheet as a basis, feel free!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 17, 2017, 10:54:00 AM

Iam hoping to finish batman today! Hey Wander have you ever used this IRC thing to chat? If so can I when I get to my desk get on it with you so we can do some live chatting about my batman?

wander

Sure, if I'm still about just fire a PM my way to let me know when you sign in and I'll follow and we'll private message chat there.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 17, 2017, 01:48:11 PM
Sure, if I'm still about just fire a PM my way to let me know when you sign in and I'll follow and we'll private message chat there.

So what's your flash going to be like Wander? Barry Allen? Or someone else?

wander

My basic thought is Barry Allen, however I may include other elements from other Speedsters, which may if I do appear via the Complications, which I really think is what makes characters unlike others of their type and say something about them.  :-)

He's still in a skeletal form atm, having made a rough budget where I want points to go, having a basic idea of how to manage down his Powers (most are actually cheap enough to be added as is, which is nice) and his Abilities are sorta in place. Agility and Fighting seem to be most important for a Speedster, though once more I went with a low number in every slot (which may change).

I've decided to give him Equipment 1, which will cover his compact costume ring and also a Time Travel 2 version of the Cosmic Treadmill. That's a neat 5 equipment pts (His ring being a 1pt thing, then Time Travel 2 costs 4pts). It'll basically show a not-yet completed Treadmill which for game-balance will be in a single location if the need for it arises. I sorta want to specialise it in travelling to the past, as I think a lot of fun could from that (Time Travel 2 allows past or future travel, though not both).

And of course his Initiative, Dodge and Parry will be fairly high, though I'll probably get the Defensive Roll Advantage so he's not made of glass as Toughness will be a lil lower for his higher active defences.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 17, 2017, 02:16:32 PM
My basic thought is Barry Allen, however I may include other elements from other Speedsters, which may if I do appear via the Complications, which I really think is what makes characters unlike others of their type and say something about them.  :-)

He's still in a skeletal form atm, having made a rough budget where I want points to go, having a basic idea of how to manage down his Powers (most are actually cheap enough to be added as is, which is nice) and his Abilities are sorta in place. Agility and Fighting seem to be most important for a Speedster, though once more I went with a low number in every slot (which may change).

I've decided to give him Equipment 1, which will cover his compact costume ring and also a Time Travel 2 version of the Cosmic Treadmill. That's a neat 5 equipment pts (His ring being a 1pt thing, then Time Travel 2 costs 4pts). It'll basically show a not-yet completed Treadmill which for game-balance will be in a single location if the need for it arises. I sorta want to specialise it in travelling to the past, as I think a lot of fun could from that (Time Travel 2 allows past or future travel, though not both).

And of course his Initiative, Dodge and Parry will be fairly high, though I'll probably get the Defensive Roll Advantage so he's not made of glass as Toughness will be a lil lower for his higher active defences.

Great! I love Barry Allen! He is a favorite of mine!

Ohhh the Cosmic treadmill as well! I look forward to seeing how that comes into effect with the game.

Any changes to the backstory? I wish I could comment more on the budget and the power thing but since I am still learning my self I am nto sure how it is going to shake up the whole game or how he plays! I do know you have a solid handle on it so I am not worried!

TFcommando

Quote from: wander on December 17, 2017, 02:16:32 PM

Sounds good so far!

As a caveat, Equipment is used for gear that is relatively realistic, while further-out things need to be bought as regular powers with Removable.  In the M&M character build example, the Batman-like Rook buys his fighting staff and throwing claws as Equipment, but his flying/gliding cape can't be. 

You might also consider just using Close Combat (Unarmed) and Parry instead of the Fighting stat.  Flashes usually just hit people or use special attacks like spinning them around, not using melee weapons, trips, disarms and grabs, which is what Fighting covers as a whole.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

wander

My thoughts are keeping things at the same PL is firstly good for balancing everyone.

There are certain ways some heroes are gonna be better than others (I think Equipment is a bit of a cheap way to get Powers really cheap for example, which means those without powers like Batman or Green Arrow are gonna have higher abilities, skills and advantages), also whilst not part of the Power Level, it is fairly easy to break the game if you know how to spend PPs effectively (that we have TF on board with that knowledge is a good thing though, they've been I think really great compared to me in knowing what makes a good Hero/ine).

Some powers and abilities some GMs shy from, as a 'if you can solve an issue without theoretically leaving the house, it's not fun for the team'. That's something potentially the Cosmic Treadmill could do, however with my self-imposed limit of it being a large treadmill in a single location rather than something carried or inate, I think it'll be fine.

As for any backstory, I'm thinking of a younger Allen, maybe like his JL movie version, someone more fresh-faced. I actually grew up with Wally West when he was Flash in the '90s and I've been enjoying him in Titans, so the character as he is maybe an amalgamation of those two in parts. My one thought was going with the version of West in the current Titans comics, where he has a pacemaker due to nearly being killed by Damien Wayne, for the extra Complication.
Overall though, I am basing this character on Barry Allen.  :-)

@ TF; the cosmic treadmill is bought in the DC Adventures Corebook and the Heroes/Villians vol.1 as Equipment, though normally yes I'd agree it'd be bought with Powers. It's listed as Time Travel 3 with 6pts in both instances.

Close Combat is for sure an Advantage I wanted to include. Makes me a lil happier for him to have a lower Fgt stat now.

TheVillain

A quick thought about the story of how this game starts.

If this is going to be how the Justice League gets together and we're leaning an alien invasion, shouldn't we be thinking Starro the Conquerer? After all, that's the threat that started the Justice League in the comics. [At least in the Silver Age.]

[Plus I'm being a little greedy. Hour Man would see it coming, but a Starro Invasion would be WAY bigger then the DEO could handle on it's own.]

TFcommando

Quote from: TheVillain on December 17, 2017, 10:36:34 PM
A quick thought about the story of how this game starts.

If this is going to be how the Justice League gets together and we're leaning an alien invasion, shouldn't we be thinking Starro the Conquerer? After all, that's the threat that started the Justice League in the comics. [At least in the Silver Age.]

[Plus I'm being a little greedy. Hour Man would see it coming, but a Starro Invasion would be WAY bigger then the DEO could handle on it's own.]

Starro is a great reason to bring in any villains the GM feels like! 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

Here's Phantom Lady and Cheetah.

Cheetah

Cheetah PL10 150 points

Attributes 90 PP
Strength 7
Agility 12
Fighting 10
Awareness 8
Stamina 8
Dexterity 0
Intellect 0
Presence 0

Defenses 4 PP
- Dodge 12
2 Parry 12
2 Fort 10
-Tough. 8
-Will 8

Unarmed Combat +10 to hit 7 damage
Claws +12 to hit 8 damage

Skills:  22  PP
Acrobatics +8/20
Athletics +3/10
Deception +10/10
Expertise (Archaeology)  +6/+6
Insight +2/10
Perception +7/15
Stealth +8/20

Advantages 13 PP
Agile Feint
Attractive 2
Evasion 2
Improved Grab
Move-By Action
Power Attack
Skill Mastery Acrobatics
Takedown 2
Taunt
Uncanny Dodge

Powers 21 PP
10 Speed 8 Subtle + Speed 2 Distracting (10 total, non-subtle)

1 Running Up Walls Movement 1 (Wall Crawling) only while moving

2 Always Lands on Her Feet - Movement 1 Safe Fall

2 Claws  Damage 1 (Slashing, Magic) Str-based, Accurate 1

1 Furry - Feature: Insulating Fur

1 Resilience Regeneration 1   

4 Cat-like senses Senses 4 -  Acute smell with Tracking 1, Low Light Vision, Danger Sense

Complications

Motivation – Thrills  The speed and power of her new body are quite the rush!

Motivation – Doing Good

Enemy – Cheetah.  Barbara Minerva is not happy about how things turned out, and wants revenge.

Quirk – Impulsive  Sometimes its easier to jump into action than think about it too much.  Or jump someone good-looking.

Appearance Her feline features are exotic instead of strange and relatively low-key but still distinct enough to get attention, making keeping a low profile difficult.

Background:

Jenny May was a distant cousin  to Barbara Minerva, the Wonder Woman foe known as the Cheetah. An American grad student studying archaeology, she was on a dig in Nigeria when her life changed forever.  The cursed aspects of Cheetah's powers had grown stronger and in an attempt to rid herself of them, she had sniffed out someone who shared her bloodline, someone she could transfer the curse into.  One last human sacrifice with the special knife she'd prepared and she'd be free.

Unfortunately, Wonder Woman had tracked her down and they began fighting outside the tent where Jenny was bound.  She started rubbing her bonds against the discarded dagger and freed herself, cutting herself in the process.  As she was a proper subject of the Cheetah ritual (A virgin), the power of the Cheetah flowed into her while the curse on Barbara Minerva intensified, turning her even more bestial and savage.  Jenny put her newfound strength and speed to use, driving her off.

It was tricky to return to a normal life, so she's put her degree on hold to become a superhero.

Cheetah (She goes by this pretty much full time now) has fine bronze fur, with small patterns of brown spots under her eyes, on her shoulders and by her ankles.  Plus a yard-long tail.  She has very long brown hair, past her knees.  She stands 5'7” tall and has a lean, runner's build, save for her good-sized bust.  She usually wears knee-length bike shorts, running shoes and a T-shirt or athletic top in black with pink or yellow highlights.

Powers: Like her namesake, she's fast.  She can run silently at up to 500 miles an hour and move at several times the speed of sound when she goes all out.  She can run straight up a building or on the side of a tunnel without difficulty and always lands on her feet.    She's strong enough to lift a car over her head and can cut through armor plate with her claws.  Her reflexes and stealth are off the charts and she can see in the dark and track via scent.

Phantom Lady

Phantom Lady PL 10 150 points

Attributes 88 PP
Strength 1
Agility 8
Fighting 12
Awareness 8
Stamina 5
Dexterity 0
Intellect 10
Presence 0

Defenses 11 PP
4 Dodge 12
- Parry 12
3 Fort 8
- Tough. 5 (defensive roll 8)
4 Will 12

Unarmed Combat +15 5 damage
Pleasure Touch +12/8 effect

Skills: 17 PP 34 points
Acrobatics +2/10
Athletics +4/5
Close Combat – Unarmed +3/15
Deception +12/12
Expertise (Everything) 0/10
Insight +3/11
Investigation +2/12
Perception +4/12
Stealth +4/12
Technology 0/10
Treatment 0/10

Advantages 13 PP
Attractive 2
Assessment
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 3
Eidetic Memory
Improved Disarm
Improved Trip
Jack of All Trades
Taunt
Well-Informed

Powers 21 PP

4 Martial Arts  - Damage 4 Str-based

14 Succubus Eye
*Become Any Desire - Morph 2 any female human (10 PP)
*Become Unseen - Concealment 5 (all visual, normal hearing) (10 PP)
*Blink Teleport 4 Turnabout Change Velocity (10 PP)
*Portal Teleport 2, Accurate, Extended Only, Portal (4 miles) (10 PP)
*Touch of Pleasure Affliction 8 Against Parry, resisted by Will (Entranced, Compelled, Controlled), subtle, insidious (10 PP)

2 Know Any Desire - Comprehend 1 Understand any language

1 Senses 1 Magic Awareness

Complications

Motivation – Patriotism

Power Loss – The Succubus Eye needs to be fed or its powers will wane.  Sexual energy fuels it!

Quirk -  The Eye lets her know what it needs, stimulating her desires, sometimes out of the blue.  Or IS it the eye doing it?  Sometimes it's hard to resist the sudden temptations.

Secret - Identity It's good operational security to keep a secret ID.  Also, she'd lose her job if she was found out!

Quirk – Unknown powers.  Some magic users know more about the Eye than she does.  And one was able to make her change shape into what he desired just by touching it!

Alice Jenkins was the latest in a line of Phantom Ladies, an FBI data analyst consultant and aspiring field agent in New Orleans who found a box of the original Phantom Lady's gear, costume and journals (And some racy, suppressed photos that explained why her costume was in the box!) buried deep in storage.  She adopted the identity to follow up on a series of kidnappings  that she wasn't able to convince her superiors to was more than just runaways.  She was able to break up the trafficking ring she'd uncovered, at least for the moment.

She couldn't just stop at just that one case though, there was a lot going on that the FBI didn't have the resources or sufficient proof to move on, but she could on her own.  And so the Phantom Lady began fighting crime in New Orleans, her skimpy costume fitting right in with the more relaxed standards of the city.

The Big Easy holds many dark secrets though, and Phantom Lady ran across something far stranger than drug dealing or gun smuggling.  A demon-worshipping cult was ensnaring government and corporate officials.  It wasn't just a sex thing though, the leader had a magic jewel with demonic powers!  As Phantom Lady grappled with her, she tried to use the gem on the heroine and a battle of wills erupted, one that ended with the gem having moved from the cultist's body to Phantom Lady's, giving her a sense for the supernatural... and some strange powers.

Phantom Lady is a skilled unarmed combatant and a genius polymath who didn't have a social life for years, letting her pursue a wide range of interests and skills.  She has given up using the “Blacklight Projectors” the first Phantom Lady had in favor of the abilities the Succubus Eye grants her.  While it's a strange and perverted, she's using it for the greater good.

The Eye is not intelligent, but it is alive and has instincts.  It lets her change shape into any female form, erase her presence, teleport herself, open a portal through space, understand any language and bring intense pleasure with just a touch.  So far.  It is a 2” wide red gem that sits just above her breasts when active, vanishing when not.

She's normally a 5'4 woman, curvy instead of buff, light pale skin and dark, curly hair down to her shoulders.  Her bust has been getting bigger since she found the Eye... over a D-cup now!

And here's a powerhouse character I had laying around!

Miss Texas

Miss Texas – Annabelle Johnson

PL10 150/150 points

Attributes 72  PP
Strength 12
Agility 0
Fighting 6
Awareness 4
Stamina  14
Dexterity 0
Intellect 0
Presence 0

Defenses 8 PP
6 Dodge 6
- Parry  6
- Fort 14
- Tough. 14
2 Will 6

Close Combat +8/12 damage
Thrown Object +8/12 damage

Skills: 22 PP 44  points

Expertise (Science) +8/8
Intimidate  +10/10
Perception +6/10
Persuasion +12/12
Ranged Combat (thrown objects) +8/8

Advantages 14 PP
Accurate Attack
Close Attack 2
Fast Grab
Fascinate (Persuasion)
Improved Hold
Improved Grab
Improved Initiative 2
Interpose
Move-By Attack
Power Attack
Takedown
Ultimate Effort – Toughness checks

Powers 34 PP

20 Tougher than Nails - Impervious Toughness 13,  Immunity 7 - Disease, Poison, Cold, Heat, Radiation, Vacuum, High Pressure

2 Strong Lungs – Immunity 2 All Suffocation - Persistent

2 Strong arms – Enhanced Strength 2 – Lifting only

7 Strong Legs
-Speed 5, (60 MPH+ Speed 2 Distracting (250 MPH)
-Leaping 6

3 Strong eyes – Extended Vision 2, Low Light Vision

Complications

Motivation - Patriotism

Fame – Everyone knows her!

Enemy – Villains affiliated with enemies of the US often target Miss Texas for her symbolic power.

Dependant – Roommate.

Annabelle Johnson was Texas born and bred, a patriotic young woman with an interest in cheerleading she wasn't equipped to pursue due to her petite frame.  Also  an interest in science that she was better suited for.  She had a lonely family life, raised by an aunt, but showed a sunny, outgoing disposition, the antithesis of the inverted nerd one might expect of a smart girl. 

She was assisting with a drug program to keep astronauts from losing muscle and bone mass in zero gravity, visiting the Johnson Space Center to deliver it for its first tests in space when “stolen” suits of LexCorp power armor attacked the base, shooting their way to the launch pad where a prototype ion drive ship waited.  They shot their way into the lobby, blasting indiscriminately.  There was a little girl in the line of fire!  Acting without thinking, Anna threw herself in front of the blast, blocking it with the sample case. 

She fell to the ground, not moving.  But the energized drugs infused into her body had an unexpected effect... they supercharged her muscle and bone growth!  She grew almost two feet taller as she laid on the floor, buffer... superhumanly so!  She stood up, feeling stronger than she ever had... and her clothes exploded off her enhanced body.  Covering herself with a Texas flag from a fallen flagpole, she charged after the armored thugs before they could attack the ship.  She went through them like a tornado, taking them all down with just her bare hands!

At this point, she was on national TV and all over the web thanks to camera phones.  People were clamoring to know who she was!  She said “I'm just here to help” and jumped off.  The media soon tagged her “Miss Texas.”

Helping people like that felt great!  There was only one thing to do with her new power... she made a costume (a skimpy one, for practical and personal reasons... she had a really hot bod now!) and set out to protect her city against all sorts of threats, foreign and domestic!

Miss Texas has a public identity... she can't live her old life after her transformation, to be sure!  She does charitable events and magazine spreads with some carefully-chosen endorsements to support herself and give herself lots of time to be a hero. 

The only one who knows who she was is her old roommate and friend-with-benefits Yoko Takahashi.

Miss Texas has superhuman strength, durability, speed and reflexes.  She can (and has) lifted a jumbo jet, can outrun a car and leap hundreds of feet.  Most conventional weaponry bounces right off of her.  Her real power is her good heart.  She's talked down villains and defused some dangerous situations just with talking.

Her costume isn't quite as invulnerable as her body... she wears a skimpy one so it's a small target!  Her shoes will sometimes shred when she runs all out.  Whether it's cause or effect, she's somewhat of an exhibitionist now, casually nude around her home for a start.

Don't want to step on Wander's niche if he's going with the Flash though.  That might narrow down the choices.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

wander

Lemme finish the character sheet for him, see how he holds up and if he goes well, I'll keep to him. I for sure have left Superman behind to go more for the Speedster now.

Also; I actually suggested Starro may be fun myself in PMs, looks like we have an opening arc once we get going!  :D

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 18, 2017, 12:13:09 PM
Lemme finish the character sheet for him, see how he holds up and if he goes well, I'll keep to him. I for sure have left Superman behind to go more for the Speedster now.

Also; I actually suggested Starro may be fun myself in PMs, looks like we have an opening arc once we get going!  :D

Starro it is then! He has a character sheet I believe in the actual DC adventure book thingie to I can reference!

wander

He may be okay to play as is (I'm thinking, TF feel free to correct me if wrong), due to many PL 10 characters going against him (he's PL 15 though built with a shit-ton of points, a massive 552)... I think if he's not power played against the party or maybe some things reduced, he'll work fine.

Btw for reference he's on p.203 of the Vol 2 of Heroes/Villians linked in this thread.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 18, 2017, 04:05:22 PM
He may be okay to play as is (I'm thinking, TF feel free to correct me if wrong), due to many PL 10 characters going against him (he's PL 15 though built with a shit-ton of points, a massive 552)... I think if he's not power played against the party or maybe some things reduced, he'll work fine.

Btw for reference he's on p.203 of the Vol 2 of Heroes/Villians linked in this thread.

Great! I sitll have not gotten to work on my batman! I might ask one of you lovely gentleman to make the adjustments if you wouldnt mind it!

wander

I'm still working on Flash, so maybe TF can direct you from where I started. The link for the original Batman sheet is still in the thread to help with that.  :-)

I am making progress though with The Flash. Still tweaking his Advantages and working on tweaking the 'super speed stunt' array to work with PL 10 and with that maybe get some more points to boost his Defences. Atm he can run at 8,000mph though I may be able to get that higher. They're sliding together easier than Superman did, which is lovely and means I can soon work on the rest of my to-do list here.  :-)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 18, 2017, 04:24:39 PM
I'm still working on Flash, so maybe TF can direct you from where I started. The link for the original Batman sheet is still in the thread to help with that.  :-)

I am making progress though with The Flash. Still tweaking his Advantages and working on tweaking the 'super speed stunt' array to work with PL 10 and with that maybe get some more points to boost his Defences. Atm he can run at 8,000mph though I may be able to get that higher. They're sliding together easier than Superman did, which is lovely and means I can soon work on the rest of my to-do list here.  :-)

Sounds good! What do you say TF? Want to help me and I can go ahead and look at Starro?

wander

I give you, The Flash!

ABILITIES (28)

Str 1
Sta 2
Agl 2
Dex 2
Fgt 2
Int 2
Awe 2
Pre 1

OFFENCE;
Initiative +18

Unarmed Attack +10; 1 damage.
Whirlwind; Burst Area, Grab, Dodge DC 20.

POWERS (90)

Frictionless Aura: Immunity 1 (Friction Heat) (1PP)

Run On Water: Movement 1 (Water Walking), Limited to While Moving. (1PP)

Run Up Walls: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling 2), Limited to While Moving. (2PP)

Super-Speed (62 PPs)
Enhanced Defences 18 (Dodge +9, Parry +9)
Enhanced Advantages 20 (Agile Feint, Close Combat 4, Defensive Roll 4, Evasion 2,
Improved Initiative 4, Interpose, Instant-Up, Move-By Action, Seize Initiative, Takedown)
Quickness 12
Speed 12 (8,000mph)

Super-Speed Stunts (24 PPs, Array)
o Air Control: Cone Area Move Object 10, Close Range (20PPs)
o Air Cushion: Burst Area Safe-Fall, Affects Others (1 PP)
o Vacuum: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned,
Incapacitated), Concentration. (1 PP)
o Vibration: Insubstantial 4 (1 PP)
o Whirlwind: Burst Area Move Object 10, Close Range (1 PP)

ADVANTAGES (7)
Beginner's Luck
Contacts
Equipment 1
Taunt
Teamwork
Ultimate Effort (Super-Speed checks)
Well-Informed

SKILLS (14)
Acrobatics 4 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+5)
Deception 4 (+5)
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6)
Insight (+6)
Perception (+6)
Technology 4 (+6)

DEFENCES (11)
Dodge 12
Parry 12
Will 6
Fort 6
Tgh 6/2* (2 w/o defensive roll)

EQUIPMENT
Cosmic Treadmill: Time Travel 2 (4pts)
Costume Ring: Feature (contains compressed costume) 1 (1pt)

COMPLICATIONS

Secret Identity: The Flash is secretly Wally West, who keeps his identity a secret to protect those close to him.

Pace-Maker: Wally has a pace-maker due to a near death experience doing his superhero duties, pushing himself
too hard can cause injuries, heart-troubles and oddly, rare instances of uncontrolled time manipulation.

Enemies: The Flash has built up a vast Rogue's Gallery who may appear for vengeance.

Relationships: The Flash cares deeply for the wellbeing of both Linda Park and the members of STAR Labs and does
whatever it takes to keep them safe and happy.

Weakness: Extra Effort involving Speed threatens to drag the Flash into the Speed-Force.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 18, 2017, 05:43:07 PM
I give you, The Flash!

ABILITIES (28)

Str 1
Sta 2
Agl 2
Dex 2
Fgt 2
Int 2
Awe 2
Pre 1

OFFENCE;
Initiative +18

Unarmed Attack +10; 1 damage.
Whirlwind; Burst Area, Grab, Dodge DC 20.

POWERS (90)

Frictionless Aura: Immunity 1 (Friction Heat) (1PP)

Run On Water: Movement 1 (Water Walking), Limited to While Moving. (1PP)

Run Up Walls: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling 2), Limited to While Moving. (2PP)

Super-Speed (62 PPs)
Enhanced Defences 18 (Dodge +9, Parry +9)
Enhanced Advantages 20 (Agile Feint, Close Combat 4, Defensive Roll 4, Evasion 2,
Improved Initiative 4, Interpose, Instant-Up, Move-By Action, Seize Initiative, Takedown)
Quickness 12
Speed 12 (8,000mph)

Super-Speed Stunts (24 PPs, Array)
o Air Control: Cone Area Move Object 10, Close Range (20PPs)
o Air Cushion: Burst Area Safe-Fall, Affects Others (1 PP)
o Vacuum: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned,
Incapacitated), Concentration. (1 PP)
o Vibration: Insubstantial 4 (1 PP)
o Whirlwind: Burst Area Move Object 10, Close Range (1 PP)

ADVANTAGES (7)
Beginner's Luck
Contacts
Equipment 1
Taunt
Teamwork
Ultimate Effort (Super-Speed checks)
Well-Informed

SKILLS (14)
Acrobatics 4 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+5)
Deception 4 (+5)
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6)
Insight (+6)
Perception (+6)
Technology 4 (+6)

DEFENCES (11)
Dodge 12
Parry 12
Will 6
Fort 6
Tgh 6/2* (2 w/o defensive roll)

EQUIPMENT
Cosmic Treadmill: Time Travel 2 (4pts)
Costume Ring: Feature (contains compressed costume) 1 (1pt)

COMPLICATIONS

Secret Identity: The Flash is secretly Wally West, who keeps his identity a secret to protect those close to him.

Pace-Maker: Wally has a pace-maker due to a near death experience doing his superhero duties, pushing himself
too hard can cause injuries, heart-troubles and oddly, rare instances of uncontrolled time manipulation.

Enemies: The Flash has built up a vast Rogue's Gallery who may appear for vengeance.

Relationships: The Flash cares deeply for the wellbeing of both Linda Park and the members of STAR Labs and does
whatever it takes to keep them safe and happy.

Weakness: Extra Effort involving Speed threatens to drag the Flash into the Speed-Force.

I see you went Wally West! And not Barry Allen color me extra intrigued!

wander

I'm very proud on how this sheet turned out, it's not actually too different to the Flash canon sheet, he's slower though 8,000mph is nothing to sniff at!  ;D

I went with a few bits of Flash stuff I know and love, I grew up with Wally in the comics as the main Flash, though I placed the STAR LABS stuff in there, along with Barry's gear. I've been reading Titans and loving it (that's where the extra pace-maker complication came in, just a reimaging of Jay Garrick's very similar 'Aging' complication) and just managing his numbers, thinking of how I wanted my Flash to be more youthful and not long in the hero game... Basically I couldn't see a young guy doing police and forensics work, though I wanted to keep the techy side to him. A fair chunk of Ezra Miller's Barry-Flash will be in there, plus I see him as an adorkable but smart-mouthed techy guy, visually I want to go with Wally West from the Titans also, which I link here;

TFcommando

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 18, 2017, 04:31:45 PM
Sounds good! What do you say TF? Want to help me and I can go ahead and look at Starro?

Glad to!  Is there a more current sheet than the one on the thread I should take a look at for Batman?

And for Starro, I'd advise not using him to start with, or at least his character sheet.  Have the first adventure with him being with some villains (and heroes) who he's taken over and are working on a plan to make/bring more of those starfish!  They can talk to him without direct confrontation with his monstrous form.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 18, 2017, 09:22:04 PM
Glad to!  Is there a more current sheet than the one on the thread I should take a look at for Batman?

And for Starro, I'd advise not using him to start with, or at least his character sheet.  Have the first adventure with him being with some villains (and heroes) who he's taken over and are working on a plan to make/bring more of those starfish!  They can talk to him without direct confrontation with his monstrous form.

No the one that is on here is the most current one! I have not had any chance to work on him

And yeah that works! Which villians do you guys want Starro controlled?

TheVillain

None, Starro starts with a city of civilians. *gasp!*

Norsegod1839

TFcommando

Flash looks good!  There's one more power I'd do, a plain close attack... call it something like "High speed attack" or "flurry of punches" and put Close Damage 9, Strength-Based as a Super Speed Stunts alternate power. 

For the Air Cushion, it's 2 points for the movement power +1 for the Area.  Since you have 20 points, you could add more Area ranks to it to let it work over a much wider radius, perhaps with Selective to let some targets fall while catching others.

Although... you could do the same thing with Move Object, to do a lot of smaller vortexes.  Say, Close Move Object 3, Limited (Only Up or Down) Selective, Area Burst 7. It'd let you lower (or raise) anyone or anything up to 400 lbs within a 1 mile radius.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

wander

On Starro; I like both the idea of villians being starfished and regular civilians, both are great and stretches the plot out some. :)

On Flash; Those Array powers are all as the canon sheet has exactly. For some reason his PPs went way further than Supe's did. Anyways, if we get experience, those are things I'll think on buying for him. There's a few other Speedster things listed on their sheets too, though I went with vanilla as I feel he's got a lot on the sheet already. ^^

I'll do a bio for him tomorrow and I'll also be helping out with the Poison Ivy stats and then when my character's bio is done, I can see what may need to be done still with Batman.

Metraxa

>Sees everyone talking about Starting as the first villain
>Looks at his planned character.

Thisisfine.jpg

TFcommando

Batman PL 10, 150 points

Abilities (88 PPs)

Agility: 8
Awareness: 10
Stamina:  4
Dexterity: 0
Intellect: 10
Presence: 0

Offence:

Unarmed Combat +16/4 damage
Batarang +15/4 damage
Taser Gloves +10/5 effect

Defense (5 PP)

4 Dodge 12
0 Parry 10
0 Will 10
1 Fortitude 5
- Toughness 8/4

Skills: 32 PP

Acrobatics 4 (+12), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat Unarmed +6/16 Expertise: (Criminology 2) (+12), Expertise (Everything else) 0/+10, Insight 0/10 Intimidation 14 (+14) Investigation 5 (+15), Perception +4/14 , Stealth 5 (+15) Technology 2 (+12) Treatment 0/10  Throwing +14

Advantages: 23

Assessment, Benefit 3 (millionaire) , Connected - contacts, Daze (intimidation), Defensive roll 4, Equipment 5, Evasion, Hide In Plain Sight, Jack of All Trades, Eidetic Memory, Move By action, Power Attack, Startle, Well informed

Powers 2 PP
Martial Arts Master - Close Damage 2, Str-based

Equipment

Multi-tool 1 point

Batarangs strength based ranged damage 2 Accurate 1 * 1 point

Cutting Torch Damage 1 (heat) linked to weaken objects toughness 1 * 1 points

Taser Knuckles Cumulative Close Affliction 5, resisted by parry, overcome by fort, daze, stun, incapacitate

Explosive Batarangs ranged burst damage 4 * 1 point

Flash Bombs Ranged burst area affliction 4 (resisted by fortitude, vision impaired, vision disabled, vision unaware) 1 points

Complications

Past Injury: Batman has been operating for several years now and has received many injuries that might or might not flare up if his body is under stress

Secret Identity: Bruce Wayne

No Powers: Batman is an ordinary human being

Responsibility: Bruce feels as if Gotham is his biggest responsibility

Dedication: Bruce has an almost single minded dedication to stopping and preventing crime

Whew, that was a challenge, and still no Batmobile. But then, he doesn't use it in every Justice League adventure, right?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Valerian

Quote from: Metraxa on December 18, 2017, 11:04:57 PM
>Sees everyone talking about Starting as the first villain
>Looks at his planned character.

Thisisfine.jpg

Ivy's pretty okay with that, too.  Spores and a giant starfish?  She's all about the biochemistry and these are things just begging to be dissected and studied in a laboratory!  ::)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

wander

I'd change the second Expertise to 'Streetwise', it's what's on his canon sheet as I dunno, it's GM fiat of course though 'Everything Else' seems OP to me. His Intellect is super high at 10 (his canon one has 8). I know he's supposed to be the awesome detective, though I dunno... I'd have put the 2PP power into either two more combat-based Advantages or boosted his Fortitude maybe. Maybe one for each.  :-)

Overall though, that dood is a badass! And yeah, the Batmobile wouldn't be required really. There's always experience to buy that later anyway.

Ivy needs a lab to dissect alien wing wong? Try STAR Labs!  XD

Norsegod1839

What did you guys decide for on the opening enemy? We doing Starro controlled citizens with a Starro controlled villain leading them? Maybe a deathstroke?

Valerian

Ooh, I do like Deathstroke.  That might be cool.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Valerian on December 19, 2017, 10:03:37 AM
Ooh, I do like Deathstroke.  That might be cool.  :)

I feel he could be a fun mini boss of sorts before we get to the big bad starfish in the sky!

TFcommando

Quote from: wander on December 19, 2017, 08:36:11 AM
I'd change the second Expertise to 'Streetwise', it's what's on his canon sheet as I dunno, it's GM fiat of course though 'Everything Else' seems OP to me. His Intellect is super high at 10 (his canon one has 8). I know he's supposed to be the awesome detective, though I dunno... I'd have put the 2PP power into either two more combat-based Advantages or boosted his Fortitude maybe. Maybe one for each.  :-)

Overall though, that dood is a badass! And yeah, the Batmobile wouldn't be required really. There's always experience to buy that later anyway.

Ivy needs a lab to dissect alien wing wong? Try STAR Labs!  XD

Thanks!

The second Expertise is to show how he gets to make any Expertise skill roll untrained with Eidetic Memory, showing he has a solid foundation in just about everything after a lifetime of studying.  I always thought that was put in the system specifically for Batman, who will pull obscure, detailed knowledge out of nowhere when dealing with the crazy clues that the Riddler leaves. 

Vis a vis the stats, the system is effect-based, so a high Agility could represent cat-like super reflexes or tons of training and experience, high Int could be a 12th level intelligence from the super-genius planet or being obsessive about studying just about everything.

Villain-wise, maybe some sort of big dumb powerhouse like Blockbuster or a Shaggy Man who's become even more dangerous with Starro controlling him, giving him impulse control, a sense of tactics and so on.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 19, 2017, 10:55:48 AM
Thanks!

The second Expertise is to show how he gets to make any Expertise skill roll untrained with Eidetic Memory, showing he has a solid foundation in just about everything after a lifetime of studying.  I always thought that was put in the system specifically for Batman, who will pull obscure, detailed knowledge out of nowhere when dealing with the crazy clues that the Riddler leaves. 

Vis a vis the stats, the system is effect-based, so a high Agility could represent cat-like super reflexes or tons of training and experience, high Int could be a 12th level intelligence from the super-genius planet or being obsessive about studying just about everything.

Villain-wise, maybe some sort of big dumb powerhouse like Blockbuster or a Shaggy Man who's become even more dangerous with Starro controlling him, giving him impulse control, a sense of tactics and so on.

My vote would be for Blockbuster! I love that guy!

wander

Some thoughts; another vote for Deathstroke from me, he should be good for the party to face as a whole. He's in Vol. 1 of Heroes/Villians.

Others from Vol.1; Killer Frost, plus Catwoman & Harley Quinn. There's some cool ones in Vol.2, though I think it's mainly the main rivals of characters here, which may do good as Mini-Bosses past the initial set-up. For example, R'as and/or Talia (I dig Under the Red Hood, so they could be an in to bring Jason in), plus Reverse-Flash or Zoom.

Metraxa

Quote from: Valerian on December 19, 2017, 08:12:03 AM
Ivy's pretty okay with that, too.  Spores and a giant starfish?  She's all about the biochemistry and these are things just begging to be dissected and studied in a laboratory!  ::)

It's either going to be great for me, or my char is going to be completely and utterly useless. Depends on what ends up happening

wander

Nah, everyone is built with the same number of points, just because someone might lack in one way, means they're better in another. Everyone here should be balanced with their own schtick. Plus, there's the random number gods watching proceedings too.  :-)

Norsegod1839

How are you guys feeling? Who still needs to get their sheet done and what trouble if any are you guys having?

wander

My bio needs filling in for the main character thread (the sheet is done), at present though I'm doing a character sheet for Valerian for her Poison Ivy, which I hope will be mostly done by tonight. From there then she can do the bio for herself and I don't think then once my bio is completed I need to do anything else, right? ^^;;

TFcommando

Phantom Lady’s niche overlaps with Batman’s and Cheetah’s with Flash.  Not completely in either case, but it was on my mind before making my final call on who to use, or if I should make someone else.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

We have Valerian with Ivy and Wander helping her

TF

Wander

And I our done with our respective characters

That leaves.... who else and who needs help?

Metraxa

I'm working on a character, though a bit slowly at this point.  :-[

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Metraxa on December 20, 2017, 03:15:48 PM
I'm working on a character, though a bit slowly at this point.  :-[

Whooo! Thats all i need!

wander

I'd say if Valerian wants to go ahead and write her Ivy's bio and sort that out, I've had less time than I anticipated today to work on her character's stats. I am making progress though and things are coming along. It's gonna be tomorrow I get them actually in though.

So, I see myself getting in my Flash bio by Friday and being ready to start then.

TF; If you think your character steps on another's toes, have you looked to other JL members and thought about doing them? Something like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, Green Lantern? Or maybe some Justice Society heroes as we have some people here who enjoy the classics.

wander

EDIT; I just looked at the Batman sheet, did you really spend just 5PPs on his Defences and how did you get them that high? I realise he has Defensive Roll which covers Toughness, though the rest?

Also did a little math and he comes to 151 PPs also; 88 + 5 + 33 + 23 + 2 = 151.

TFcommando

Quote from: wander on December 20, 2017, 05:27:53 PM
EDIT; I just looked at the Batman sheet, did you really spend just 5PPs on his Defences and how did you get them that high? I realise he has Defensive Roll which covers Toughness, though the rest?

Also did a little math and he comes to 151 PPs also; 88 + 5 + 33 + 23 + 2 = 151.

Whoops, fixed.  With no car, I eliminated the Vehicles skill, increased Athletics to +10 and Throwing to +14.

Defenses are based on attributes. Fighting 10 means your Parry is 10, Agility 8 starts Dodge at 8 and so on.  High attributes mean lower Defense costs.

Quote from: wander on December 20, 2017, 04:06:32 PM

TF; If you think your character steps on another's toes, have you looked to other JL members and thought about doing them? Something like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, Green Lantern? Or maybe some Justice Society heroes as we have some people here who enjoy the classics.

One character I've had laying around is Steel, the Natasha Irons version, from when she had the armor that could grow to giant robot size.  She could be the Superman stand-in!

Batgirl or Phantom Lady going full sorceress is still on the table too. 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

wander

My bad on the Defences, I see now you put the costs in first, which to me looked like the base Defences. ^^;;

Batgirl and Phantom Lady are both heroines I like, though don't let my choice alone affect you! ^^

TFcommando

Quote from: wander on December 21, 2017, 02:32:56 AM
My bad on the Defences, I see now you put the costs in first, which to me looked like the base Defences. ^^;;

Batgirl and Phantom Lady are both heroines I like, though don't let my choice alone affect you! ^^

I could use the Phantom Lady origin as a mid-point and develop it further... having a demonic artifact in her lead her into contact with more and more magical forces and she changed and adapted until she was a sorceress herself... maybe to reverse her name too, as Lady Phantom or something. :)
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Valerian

Quote from: wander on December 20, 2017, 04:06:32 PM
I'd say if Valerian wants to go ahead and write her Ivy's bio and sort that out, I've had less time than I anticipated today to work on her character's stats. I am making progress though and things are coming along. It's gonna be tomorrow I get them actually in though.

So, I see myself getting in my Flash bio by Friday and being ready to start then.

I have a long-winded bio and a picture for Ivy all ready!   :D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

wander

Sorry things are taking so long on my end! ^^;

I should have her stats finished tonight. The tough part now is figuring how powerful her Power's effects will be and how that'll compare for her to-hit rolls. Overall, I want to tweak her skills and advantages to cover that, though otherwise she's complete.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 20, 2017, 07:51:54 PM
Whoops, fixed.  With no car, I eliminated the Vehicles skill, increased Athletics to +10 and Throwing to +14.

Defenses are based on attributes. Fighting 10 means your Parry is 10, Agility 8 starts Dodge at 8 and so on.  High attributes mean lower Defense costs.

One character I've had laying around is Steel, the Natasha Irons version, from when she had the armor that could grow to giant robot size.  She could be the Superman stand-in!

Batgirl or Phantom Lady going full sorceress is still on the table too.

TF I never got a chance to tell you but your idea for Natasha Irons was great! I would love to get her in! But if you want to do Phantom Lady we can go that route!

wander

I was going to PM Valerian her Poison Ivy sheet, to see if she liked it and make adjustments where needed, though I thought I'd go ahead and post my finished sheet for her here, as TF may go ahead and suggest some things as usual and Valerian can take on board what she thinks would be best.

Ivy was deceptively tough to make, though I got there in the end.

Poison Ivy (PL 10)

ABILITIES (46)

Str 1
Sta 3
Agl 3
Dex 2
Fgt 4
Int 4
Awe 3
Pre 3

OFFENCE;

Initiative: +3
+4 Poison Touch, 10 Affliction
+4 Pheromone, 15 Affliction
+8 Entanglement, 7 Affliction

POWERS (55)

Plant Control; Array (29 PP)
o Entanglement: Burst area Ranged Affliction 7 (Resisted by Dodge; Hindered and Vulnerable,
Defenseless and Immobile) Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Limited - Requires ambient
plant life (x3 per rank; 27pts)
o Animate Tree: Summon 9 (One 135pt Tree), Active, Controlled, Limited - To size and
availability of tree (x3 per rank) (1pt)
o Plant Growth: Environment 5 (900 ft, impede movement 2, impede vision 2) (x5 per rank) (1pt)

Poison Touch; Array (21 PPs)
o Deadly Touch: Weaken Stamina 10 (Resisted by Fortitude), Progressive, Grab-based (2x per rank, 20pps)
o Pheromones: Affliction 15 (Resisted by Will; Dazed, Compelled, Controlled), Cumulative, Grab-based (1x per rank) 1pp.

Speak with Plants: Comprehend plants 2 (4pp)

Toxic Immunity: Immunity 1 (poison) (1pp)

ADVANTAGES (9);
Accurate attack
Attractive
Beginner's Luck
Ranged Attack 2
Defensive Roll 4

SKILLS (17)
acrobatics 3 (+6)
athletics 3 (+4)
deception 3 (+6)
expertise (biochemistry) 4 (+8)
expertise (genetics) 4 (+8)
expertise (botany) 4 (+8)
persuasion 3 (+6)
ranged combat 4 (+6)
stealth 3 (+6)
treatment 3 (+7)

DEFENCES; (23)
Dodge +3 (+6) 9
Parry +4 (+5) 9
Will +3 (+6) 9
Fort +3 (+6) 9
Tgh 7/3* w/o defensive roll.

This doesn't include her Complications, I'll PM Valerian about them so she can add her own in.

As for the Tree Summon Power, that'll summon up the exact statted Tree in Poison Ivy's character sheet. For some reason it's marked at PL 11, though it's built with 135pts exactly and so is a Rank 9 Summon.

Poison Ivy's Tree can be found with her canon sheet on P.112 of the Vol.2 of Heroes/Villians that was linked in this very thread.

Phew! And I am finally done!  :D

Norsegod1839

wander

Aye, I'll do my bio and add it into the official character sheet tomorrow and that'll be me completely ready. Sorry for taking so long, things have been a bit hectic work-wise, though got there in the end!  ;D

As for the Starro starfishes, they're in the Vol.2 pdf you have, so no need to worry about their stats.

EL; if you got any questions on how to do things in the system, I'm about for that too. Otherwise, ball's in your court now, fella!  ;D

Valerian

Sheet plus Complications:

Poison Ivy (PL 10)

ABILITIES (46)

Str 1
Sta 3
Agl 3
Dex 2
Fgt 4
Int 4
Awe 3
Pre 3

OFFENCE;

+4 Poison Touch, 10 Affliction
+4 Pheromone, 15 Affliction
+8 Entanglement, 7 Affliction

POWERS (55)

Plant Control; Array (29 PP)
o Entanglement: Burst area Ranged Affliction 7 (Resisted by Dodge; Hindered and Vulnerable,
Defenseless and Immobile) Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Limited - Requires ambient
plant life (x3 per rank; 27pts)
o Animate Tree: Summon 9 (One 135pt Tree), Active, Controlled, Limited - To size and
availability of tree (x3 per rank) (1pt)
o Plant Growth: Environment 5 (900 ft, impede movement 2, impede vision 2) (x5 per rank) (1pt)

Poison Touch; Array (21 PPs)
o Deadly Touch: Weaken Stamina 10 (Resisted by Fortitude), Progressive, Grab-based (2x per rank, 20pps)
o Pheromones: Affliction 15 (Resisted by Will; Dazed, Compelled, Controlled), Cumulative, Grab-based (1x per rank) 1pp.

ADVANTAGES (9);
Accurate attack
Attractive
Beginner's Luck
Ranged Attack 2
Defensive Roll 4

SKILLS (17)
acrobatics 3 (+6)
athletics 3 (+4)
deception 3 (+6)
expertise (biochemistry) 4 (+8)
expertise (genetics) 4 (+8)
expertise (botany) 4 (+8)
persuasion 3 (+6)
ranged combat 4 (+6)
stealth 3 (+6)
treatment 3 (+7)

DEFENCES; (23)
Dodge +3 (+6) 9
Parry +4 (+5) 9
Will +3 (+6) 9
Fort +3 (+6) 9
Tgh 7/3* w/o defensive roll.

COMPLICATIONS

Motivation Finding Acceptance. Ivy hopes to find a place for herself in society and can be taken advantage of by this as much as it motivates her.

Socially Awkward/Hedgehog's Dilemma. Ivy struggles around people and is afraid to get too close to others for fear of being hurt or hurting them herself.

Reputation by Association: Ivy's villainous father. Even though he is dead (or at least believed to be dead), there are people out there who know his work and may think Ivy is an apple who didn't drop far from the tree, for better or worse.

Lack of Control: In very emotional situations, it's still possible for Ivy to lose control of her pheromones.

Clueless: Still unaware of many of the finer points of society and "how things are done", Ivy will not always be able to recognize jokes, ulterior motives, and the like.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

TFcommando

Is that an Ivy based on the Gotham TV show?  I haven't been following it, but I heard a few things that matched up with it.

Let's see... you don't need Ranged Combat skill, the Ranged Attack advantage or any Dexterity, as she doesn't have any ranged attacks except for the Entanglement.  That's a burst, so it hits automatically, no to-hit skill required.  The dodge save value for it is the value of the power, 7 in this case.  You might use those points to bring up the Entanglement to 10.  That would let you bump up the Summon and Plant Control too.

From a game balance point of view, all of her attacks and defenses are below the power level cap.  I feel at least one should be there to be competitive with other PL 10 characters.

On the Poison Touch, consider getting some mix of Close Combat skill or putting the Accurate modifier on the Deadly Touch to make it +10 to hit/10 effect.

Defense-wise, her dodge and toughness totals come up to just 16.  Try getting that up to 19 or 20.  Since she's not an all-around brawler, reducing Fighting for Close Combat (grabbing) and Parry defense would save you some points to invest back.  The Grabbing Finesse and Improved Hold advantages are also worth looking at for helping her hold onto people.

Expertises can be pretty broad... "Science" is a recommended one, for example.  You could combine Genetics, Biology and Botany into just "Biological Science" +12, showing she has a very good feel for such things, if not a formal education.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

wander

I'll leave that to you to sort out TF, if that's cool, as I worked that for Valerian on her behalf.
Good catch on the Burst, I forgot how that worked. That would give some extra points to make her competitive in the other elements you mentioned.

I'm admittedly kinda done with statting now, as I've been doing it all week and I have other things to work on I've put behind. ^^;

*curls in a ball and tries to catch breath still*  :D

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 22, 2017, 05:52:52 PM
I'll leave that to you to sort out TF, if that's cool, as I worked that for Valerian on her behalf.
Good catch on the Burst, I forgot how that worked. That would give some extra points to make her competitive in the other elements you mentioned.

I'm admittedly kinda done with statting now, as I've been doing it all week and I have other things to work on I've put behind. ^^;

*curls in a ball and tries to catch breath still*  :D

Get wander some R&R Stat!

TFcommando

Here's a quick update, bringing her attacks and defenses up.  I was able to add Selective to the plant growth, so she can make a path for herself or anyone else she wants through it.  The pheromones now have Subtle and Insidious, so people won't realize they're being attacked or falling under her control once it happens.  Improved Grab and Hold make it easier and safer for her to grab people and keep them close.

Edit:  Took a look at the animated tree stats in the book.  They weren't PL 9, 10 or 11, they were PL 12.  I've made an adjusted, PL10 version below.  Also, at 120 feet tall, it was taller than the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree and most giant robots.  I reduced the Growth to 8, making it around 30 feet tall, a big tree you'd find in a city and made up the difference with attributes.  Also added Immunity: Bullets, because you can't gun down a tree, and Interpose, so it could take a hit for Ivy.

Poison Ivy (PL 10)

ABILITIES (32)

Str 0
Sta 3
Agl 3
Dex 0
Fgt 0
Int 4
Awe 3
Pre 3

OFFENCE;

+9 Poison Touch, 10 Affliction
+5 Pheromones, 15 Affliction
Burst Affliction 10

POWERS (60)

Plant Control; Array (32 PP)
o Entanglement: Burst area Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; Hindered and Vulnerable,
plant life (x3 per rank; 30pts)
o Animate Tree: Summon 10 (One 150pt Tree), Active, Controlled, Limited - To size and
availability of tree (x3 per rank) (30 pp) (1pt)
o Plant Growth: Selective Environment 5 (900 ft, impede movement 2, impede vision 2) (30 pp) (x6 per rank) (1pt)

Poison Touch; Array (23 PPs)
o Deadly Touch: Weaken Stamina 10 (Resisted by Fortitude), Progressive, Grab-based Accurate 2 (2x per rank, 22pps)
o Pheromones: Affliction 15 (Resisted by Will; Dazed, Compelled, Controlled), Cumulative, Grab-based (1x per rank) Subtle 1, Insidious, Reversible  (18 pp) 1pp.

ADVANTAGES (12);
Accurate attack
Attractive
Beginner's Luck
Defensive Roll 7
Improved Grab
Improved Hold

SKILLS (18)
acrobatics 3 (+6)
athletics 4 (+4)
Close Combat (Grabs) +5/5
deception 3 (+6)
expertise (biological sciences) 12 (+16)
persuasion 3 (+6)
stealth 3 (+6)
treatment 3 (+7)

DEFENCES; (28)
Dodge +3 (+7) 10
Parry +0 (+9) 9
Will +3 (+6) 9
Fort +3 (+6) 9
Tgh 10/3* w/o defensive roll.

COMPLICATIONS

Motivation Finding Acceptance. Ivy hopes to find a place for herself in society and can be taken advantage of by this as much as it motivates her.

Socially Awkward/Hedgehog's Dilemma. Ivy struggles around people and is afraid to get too close to others for fear of being hurt or hurting them herself.

Reputation by Association: Ivy's villainous father. Even though he is dead (or at least believed to be dead), there are people out there who know his work and may think Ivy is an apple who didn't drop far from the tree, for better or worse.

Lack of Control: In very emotional situations, it's still possible for Ivy to lose control of her pheromones.

Clueless: Still unaware of many of the finer points of society and "how things are done", Ivy will not always be able to recognize jokes, ulterior motives, and the like.

Animated Tree

2 PP abilities: Str 8/16 Sta 0 agl –2 dex –1 fgt 0 int –4 awe 0 Pre 0

120 PP Powers:
14 Branches (Elongation 2, Extra Limbs 12),
10 Flail (Burst Area Strength Damage 10, Selective, Grab-Based),
17 Giant (Growth 8, Permanent, Innate),
60 Plant (Immunity 60 (Fortitude effects, Will effects)),
19 Tough Bark  (Protection 8, Impervious Toughness 6), Immunity 5 Bullets
(0) Speed 2

10 advantages:  All-out Attack, Close Attack 4 Power Attack, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Interpose

offense: Initiative –2,
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 16)
Flail - Burst 10

18 defense:
Dodge 4,
Parry 6,
Fortitude Immune,
Toughness 16 (Impervious 6)
Will Immune

Totals: Abilities 2 + Powers 120 + Advantages 10 + Skills 0 + Defenses 18 = Total 150

Complications: Plant: Affected by things with harm and affect plants.

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

wander

Whilst I did plan to do it earlier, when I get up later I'll do my bio for Wally West and post his sheet in the character thread.

wander

Sorry for the double-post. Just announcing my character's bio and sheet is in the character thread for the game now.

I went with a background similar to Jay Garrick's origins from the recent Earth 2 comic series. I liked the story behind that so merged it into everything else that makes up my amalgam character.  ;D

So, I am now ready for IC goodness.  :-)

TFcommando

I’ll be a little slow for Christmas, but I’ll be going with the Phantom Lady turned sorceress.  Costume wise, an updated and skimpier version of her classic outfit, yellow slingshot bikini, green cape, belt, boots and gloves, with pentagrams on the belt buckle and cape fastener.

I started with her prior build and cut away some things, but she still has a lot of Crimefighter aspects, not a full magician type yet. 

Still need to do up some magical complications... tantric sex magic to recharge will be one!

Phantom Lady Sorceress PL 10 150 points
Attributes 68 PP

Strength 0

Agility 8

Fighting 0

Awareness 8

Stamina 8

Dexterity 0

Intellect 10

Presence 0

Defenses 10 PP

0 Dodge 8

6 Parry 6

- Fort 8

- Tough. 8/12

4 Will 12

Skills: 14 PP 28 points

Acrobatics 0/8

Deception +12/12

Expertise Magic +6/16

Expertise (Everything else) 0/10

Insight +2/10

Investigation +2/12

Perception +4/12

Stealth +2/10

Technology 0/10

Treatment 0/10

Advantages 6 PP

Attractive 2

Daze (Deception)

Eidetic Memory

Jack of All Trades

Ritualist

Powers 52 PP

34 Dark magic

*Magic Bolts - Ranged damage 12 Accurate 4 Variable Descriptor 1 (elemental), Split 1 (30 PP)

*Control Reality - perception move object 10 (30 PP)

*Inferno - Burst Ranged Damage 10 (30 PP)

*Soulfire Perception Ranged Blast 7 vs. Will, Subtle 1, Incurable (30 PP)

*Barrier - Close Create 10, Impervious, Selective (30 PP)

4 Shielding - Protection 4 Sustained

13 Succubus Eye

*Meet Any desire - Morph 2 any female human (10 PP)

*Unseen - Concealment 5 (all visual, normal hearing) (10 PP)

*Blink Teleport 4 Turnabout Change Velocity (10 PP)

*Portal Teleport 2, Accurate, Extended Only, Portal (4 miles) (10 PP)

1 Senses 1 Mystic Awareness

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

These both look great guys! All around excellent characters!

I am of the mind set we can pretty much start! But I am going to wait until after christmas! It gives you guys the chance to finish up to for those of you that have not yet!

wander

Good idea. Things are going to be quiet come the holidays anyways.

Super excited for when the IC thread does go live though!  XD

VoluptuousVixen

Norsegod1839

So sorry to hear that Vixen! Wish you the best of luck!

wander

EL, I forgot to mention; whilst my Wally will be based in STAR Labs, I was hoping that there'd be a chain of the labs in the twin cities of Metropolis/Gotham where the game will be based, along with the one in Central City.

My thoughts were to keep the Cosmic Treadmill over in Central City (to keep it being abused in-game), though still have a close base in the main cities where the actual game is set. Especially as Ivy will be based in STAR Labs given her backstory though can't really commute the hundreds of miles easily from Central City when needed.

This has precedence as in the comics STAR has labs across the US.

TFcommando

Quote from: wander on December 26, 2017, 09:50:47 PM
EL, I forgot to mention; whilst my Wally will be based in STAR Labs, I was hoping that there'd be a chain of the labs in the twin cities of Metropolis/Gotham where the game will be based, along with the one in Central City.

My thoughts were to keep the Cosmic Treadmill over in Central City (to keep it being abused in-game), though still have a close base in the main cities where the actual game is set. Especially as Ivy will be based in STAR Labs given her backstory though can't really commute the hundreds of miles easily from Central City when needed.

This has precedence as in the comics STAR has labs across the US.

Perhaps using the Cosmic Treadmill requires Extra Effort or is more likely to trigger his pacemaker problems, making it a serious decision to use?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

wander

It'll probably very rarely if ever need to be used, though yeah both of those are options. I'll leave it to GM fiat on what fallout to Wally happens in using it (that it's overtly a prototype means all kinds of bugs could come from using it) though seeing as in Titans Wally's pace-maker alone gave him uncontrollable time-control, having the pair be linked in-game is a really good option and idea.

Norsegod1839

Hope you guys had a good holiday!

This is the list of completed character sheets I have so far

Wander
Erotic Literacy
TF commando
Valerian
The Villian

Those that have not please move their character sheets to the character sheet room when you have the chance.

Those that are interested but unsure on the sheet please let me know on here!

Valerian

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Norsegod1839

Ty Val! This helps me figure out how many people we have ready to go!

Guys for those of you that are struggling with the character sheet please reach out to Wander or TF I wish I could say me but I was one of the ones that reached out to them lol

Metraxa

I really should do that. Otherwise I'll just procrastinate to oblivion

wander

I'm open to PMs and good to solve more general wishes in a sheet. TF is the real speedster for getting a sheet going, though I can help in things like rules quandries or if you need help deciding on one thing or another.

Complications talk is another thing you can come to me with, if you need some help putting some of those down. In general you should have at least two-three, though I always go for five to six to give our friendly GM more options to keep plots interesting and throw Hero Points your way.  :-)

Norsegod1839

Sorry guys! I finally have two days off to try and get this started! That is if everyone is still interested of course!

Who is left character sheet wise? That still needs help?

wander

I'm still here and interested! I think maybe getting an OOC thread up now may help keep the interest flowing until you can do the IC intro?

Norsegod1839

Excellent idea Wander! I will do the OOC

I can't really do the IC until we figure out what beside it just being starro we are doing plot wise! Also has everyone finished their character sheets?

Foxy DeVille

Really wanting to get in on this but I keep running into my aversion to number crunching in chargen (Barbie is right, math is hard). I used to use HeroLab but that won't work on a Chromebook. So I'm trying to find old characters I can adapt like I did Shanna for the Marvel game.

Norsegod1839

Foxy Wander and TF are both amazing at getting a conversion or helping!

Foxy DeVille

I thinking this character might be fun use. Maybe give her the Bookworm, perhaps have her actually be Barbara Gordon. Or use the stats for Princess from 3e player's book for Wonder Girl because this pic is pretty sweet.

Norsegod1839

My vote would be for wonder girl! If only because we need another of the big three!

Foxy DeVille

I'm leaning that way too. A nice basic face-puncher would be easier to handle as well.

Norsegod1839

And I am looking for a strong warrior to maybe pair batman up with! So even better!

TheVillain

I'm surprisingly tempted to write up a (slightly) more heroic version of Mr. Nobody if we're going against Starro. :P

wander

I'm a fan of both Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark, so I approve of Wonder Girl coming in!

Don't forget to link us the OOC thread when it's done, EL!  ;D

TheVillain

Ah, what the hell - just for some Fun.

Mr. Nobody

Hero: Mr. Nobody

Player: TheVillain

Identity: Eric Morden

Secret Or Public: Secret, the Public is currently unaware that Mr. Nobody exists (though he intends to change that with his upcoming Presidential Bid)

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 0 lbs

Eye color: Red

Hair Color: Bald

Optional Face Claim: N/A

Personality: In a word, completely and utterly insane. A gleeful Nihilist who seems dedicated to exposing the Absurdity of Existance and promoting Unreason, Mr. Nobody still manages to come off as a strangely charismatic anarchist who cares about everyone. He doesn't want to hurt anybody, he wants to open their eyes. It's not his fault most people can't handle it.

Biography: In life, he was Eric Morden - a middle management lackey for the Brain with the Brotherhood of Evil. A little better with machines then the normal minion and as such frequently got to meet up with the bigger named villains in that organization. He worked with Nazis, Freaks, and Monsters on a daily basis and he quietly did his job. He thought that was somehow commendable.

Until one of those said Nazis turned on him and forced him into an experiment known only as "The White Room". The experience more then drove him insane, it turned Eric Morden into Mister Nobody, the Virtual Man. Now convinced that the universe was "at best a drooling idiot with no fashion sense", Mr. Nobody now claims to see the truth of how pointless existance really is and in his mind he's just spreading the Gospel of Unreason.

And weirdly, it's working. The Brotherhood of Evil has reportedly collapsed from the inside as his very existance seems to drive more order-minded beings insane. Reportedly, the entire Nazi branch of the Brotherhood of Evil has already been reduced to gibbering fools and suicides. And he has plans for more, oh yes - he's already considering a Brotherhood of Dada to take up where his former bosses got it wrong. Namely that Good and Evil are - at best - outdated concepts. In truth, there is only Dada.

Group Affiliation: None Currently, though he is considering forming his own team like the Brotherhood of Evil - a Brotherhood of Dada.

Base Of Operations: None Currently

Costume: Mr. Nobody is frequently seen wearing a pair of leather gloves and may need to wear them to physically interact with objects. Their origins are unkown.

Powers:
The Abstract Man - Mr. Nobody's body appears to now be made of "Virtual Mass". As such he appears to no longer need to eat, breathe, or sleep and he seems to be naturally intangable. This isn't completely true in all cases however, he still can be moved against his will by telekinetics for example.

The Man Who Wasn't There - Mr. Nobody's body appears to be made of a 3D shadow with a heart shaped hole over his heart, but even then it seems to not quite work. He's said to look like you're just seeing him out of the corner of your eye, even when you're looking right at him. While not exactly invisible, this does make him significantly stealthier then a normal human when he wants to be.

The Patron Saint of Insignificance - Mr. Nobody seems able to project some sort of psychic attack that drains sanity from those around him. Projecting a state of playful insanity, this has been likened to an Anti-Mind-Control ability that even strips away a person's ability to control their own mind. Mr. Nobody seems able to project this ability even across television screens or to narrow it down to selectively target one person for a more powerful and possibly permenant version of the effect.

Other: Mr. Nobody's insanity seems particularly effective against particularly organized and neferious minds. He blasts threw the minds of Nazis like they're tissue paper and he's a randy teenager discovering his sexual drives. Between his Sanity Draining psychic powers and his Abstract physiology he is not only immune to Starro probes but he appears to be poisonous to any that come close by.

Which means, just as he always suspected, the Anarchists will save the world. Assuming Mr. Nobody can keep his attention long enough.

Foxy DeVille

OK, still needed to type out the stats after doing a few tweaks to make them more to my liking but here's an idea where I'm going...

Hero: Wonder Girl

Player: Foxy Oni

Identity: Cassandra "Cassie" Elizabeth Sandsmark

Secret Or Public: Secret

Height: 5' 5"

Weight: 124 lbs

Eye color: Brown

Hair Color: Blonde (as Wonder Girl)/Brown (as Cassie)

Optional Face Claim: Shay Laren via Heromorph

Personality: Cassie is genuinely a good kid who cares about other people, most especially her mother. She knew immediately that her powers were meant to help people. Wonder tries to do as much as she can as while as present a good role model for other girls. Sometimes the weight of responsibility makes her lash out violently while fighting evil. Cassie has also become something of a party girl to deal with the stress of her alter ego, soring alcohol when she can and being a bit of a sucker for bad boys, especially ones with fast cars. 

Biography: Cassie is the daughter of Doctor Helena Sandsmark, an archaeologist with the Gateway City Museum of Antiquities. All she know about her father was that he was a British soldier named Lennox and she hasn't seen him since she was four years old. When she was fourteen, Cassie accompanied her mother on a dig at an Amazonian ruin in Greece. Cassie accidentally freed a gorgon imprisoned there. When the creature attacked Helena, her daughter grabbed a pair of silver bracelets to hit the gorgon with. To Cassie's amazement, the bracelets flowed onto her wrists and she felt herself charged with power. With her newfound might, she defeated the gorgon and imprisoned it back within the ruins.

Returning to Gateway City with her mother, Cassie spent the next couple years as a sporadic adventurer called Wonder Girl. Recently Helena has decided to allow her daughter more freedom in her super-heroic career and the Princess of Power has become a more visible presence. But can Cassie handle school, boys, and being Wonder Girl?

Group Affiliation: Wonder Girl is loosely affiliated with other teen heroes but this is more of a semi-regular social group than a proper crime-fighting team.

Base Of Operations: Gateway City, California.

Costume: A custom red sleeveless half-tee with a gold "W" and blue jeans decorated with white stars, giving a look that works both as a super-hero and on the street.

Equipment/ Gadgets: Silver bracelets that allow her to change from Cassie to Wonder Girl by striking them together over her head, protecting her identity without the need for a mask.

TFcommando

Having everyone work out a relation or case they had with another PC before coming together as the Justice League might help too.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Valerian

Ivy already has a prior connection with the Flash, though aside from that it isn't likely anyone else really knows her since she's still fairly new to the hero game.  Someone more science-oriented might certainly know of her, though.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

wander

Fudge yeah we got a smexeh Cassie!!  XD

Connections is a fairly good idea to talk on character dynamic and the potential for triggering each other's Complications and general role-play goodness. Everyone feel free to PM me about connecting to the Flash, seeing as he's probably at a guessing glance gonna be the most friendly of the League.  ;D

Metraxa

Alright, so I ging a shot. Thanks to TF for helping with the numbers and such

Hero: Livewire
Player: Metraxa
Identity: Leslie Willis
Secret Or Public: Public

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 159 lb
Eye color: Light Blue
Hair Color: Blue

Optional Face Claim:

Personality: A brash person, Leslie isn’t afraid to speak her mind and knows how to hold a grudge. She’s not a bad person, but has a tendency to lash out at those she sees as responsible for her problems. Of course it can be hard to determine what she actually thinks, since so much of the time she holds to a cultivated image made to either piss people off or to get them on her side.

What she does hate, well, misogyny, people who only like her because she’s attractive, that sort of thing. For the moment she’s reformed but who knows how long that will end up lasting.

Biography: Born in Metropolis, Leslie Willis was the daughter of a middle aged pencil pusher, someone that she was very sure she did not want to be. Moving through college she eventually found her calling in radio, where she clawed and scraped her way from the bottom up, dealing with traffic detail, backstage work, and using every favor and dirty deed she could get to advance herself up in a field that did not want her to progress on an equal footing with the big boys. At least in her mind.

Eventually she managed to get a gig as a late night talk show host, in what was basically a dead zone of air. She needed some way to get an edge, and soon found it courtesy of Lex Luthor. She launched on a bold new tangent, defying her producers and going after the Golden Boy of Metropolis, Superman. Much to their shock it worked, and her career took on new dimensions and heights as she went about offending basically everyone famous and somehow getting away with it too. Soon enough she was the buzz of the town.

It all came to an end at her birthday celebration, held in one of the city's parks during a rainstorm. The inclement weather turned stormy and soon the crowd was dispersed. Leslie was struck by a bolt of lightning which had previously passed through Superman in trying to save her, resulting in the strange accident that gifted her her powers.

Afterwards she became a villain, blaming Superman for her condition and clashing with the hero on multiple occasions. However through the hard work of Superman himself as well as some others, she managed to lay her grudge to rest and has reformed, and is now looking to give this whole 'hero' business a shot. It can't be worse than being a villain, right?

Group Affiliation: N/A (May have been part of the Suicide Squad once)

Base Of Operations: Metropolis

Costume: Livewire wears a black outfit made of a specially created material that channels and controls her electricity.

Equipment/Gadgets: N/A

Abilities

Str 0
Agility 0
Fighting 0
Awareness 3
Stamina 2
Dex 0
Int 2
Pre 0

Offense:

Initiative +12

Section 8: Powers

Electrical Body   
20 Immunity Life Support, Electrical Damage

20 Heightened Stamina 8, Enhanced Advantage 4 Great Stamina, Heightened Initiative 3

Electrical Powers 34
*Broadcast – Radio Communication 4 Selective Area
*Electrical Blast Ranged Damage 12 Accurate 4 Increased Range 2 (30)
*Lightning Bolt Close Damage 10 Burst Line 2 (30)
*Control Technology Field: Selective Burst 2 Ranged Affliction (controlled), Overcome by Technology skill or Will; Limited (third degree only), Affects Objects Only, Limited to Technology  (30)
*Blackout Nullify Electronics 6 (Broad), Burst Area, Concentration, Simultaneous, Close

Electrical Movement
*Flight 7 + Permeate 3, not vs. insulation, Enhanced Advantage – Move By Attack
*Teleport Accurate, Extended, Extended Only, Medium – Power Lines 2 per point

Electro-sense
*Senses 3 Detect Electricity, Ranged, Acute

Section 9: Advantages (2)

Fascinate (Deception)
Power Attack
Taunt

Section 11: Special skills (10)

Deception +10/10
Expertise (Broadcasting) +4/6
Insight +4/7
Technology +2/4

Section 9: Defense (25)

Dodge 10
Parry 8
- Toughness 10
Fortitude 12
Will 8

Section 10: Complications

Motivation - She's as much in it for the fame and PR as she is for doing nice things for people because you're supposed to.
Appearance - She's blue. This kinda stands out a bit
Power Loss (Silica Dust)- Silica Dust touching her can neutralize Livewire's powers.
Power Loss (Recharging)- Livewire must occasionally recharge herself, or lose power.
Vulnerable & Weakness (Water Attacks)- Touching Water will completely short Livewire out, often KOing her immediately.
Bad Reputation - Before becoming Livewire Leslie made a living off of offending people, then afterwards she had a stint as a supervillain. For some reason people have held a grudge.

Norsegod1839

Great!

I will start an OOC thread today! You are approved Metraxa and I think at this point we can go ahead and move forward!

Gannameade

Icon

Icon

The Basics
Legal Name: Augustus Freeman IV / Real Name: Arnus Feema
Nationality: Terminia, US Citizen – Altanta, GA

Physical Description
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 250 lbs. (114 kg)
Face Claim: Michael Jai White
Physical Features: Augustus is a physically fit rather handsome black man.  He can be charming when he is not grilling you out of your money.  He generally wears suits and ties.  He is in pretty good shape.  He wears glasses to make his eyes appear solid brown even though they are brown/green.  He hasn’t decided on going bald yet, but he did back in his past and he liked the look as well. 
General Appearance:   Dark skinned male muscular but he covers it mostly as he is a lawyer, but wears well made tailored suits.  He is relaxed in pants and polo shirts.  Rarely in sweats if ever.   He wears glasses to try to hide his face.  He slouches to not appear as tall as Icon.   In his mask his eyes appear white; naturally they are brown-green.

Icon wears a costume composed of alien materials that grant him further protection from projectile weaponry, energy beams, and intense heat or cold. On his command, the Info Tool aboard his starship uses its Maker to construct Icon's costume over his civilian clothing. When no longer needed, the costume is disassembled, converted back to energy, and stored in the structural files of his ship's Info Tool.
Personality and History
Personality
Icon is portrayed as a very intelligent, somewhat stiff kind of person. Due to his upper-class job as a corporate lawyer and "proper" way of speaking, he is often criticized as being a "sell out" or "white washed". Icon usually prefers to do everything by the book instead of acting on instinct.  He has worked hard to make things more equal for all.  He is far from desiring to participate in separation of people and cultures, he had experienced enough of that during slavery.  Now he wasn’t to make a change and make things better for all people.

Biography
Summary:
Before Earth
Born Arnus on Terminia, he eventually joined the galactic council known as the “Cooperative”, where he was essentially a lawyer. After adjudicating a very disagreeable situation, involving the criminal Oblivion he took a vacation. On the interstellar pleasure cruise line however, the ship came under attack, and he was forced to crash land his already damaged pod on the nearest planet, Earth.
Slavery
Arnus crash landed on earth in 1839 on a cotton plantation. His life pod recreated his body by duplicating the DNA of the nearest life form, a slave woman. As a human infant he learned the local language and the caste system of slavery based on skin tone. He grew to love his earth mother Miriam. Arnus later discovered he had superhuman powers and immortality. He used his powers secretly to lighten the load of his fellow slaves and aiding a resistance movement dedicated to freeing slaves known as the “underground railroad”. Here he bid his time in hopes that Earth’s technology would catch up to his own allowing his ship to be repaired. By the time he was fifteen. Slavery was abolished and he took the last name “Freeman”, he also fought in the Civil war against Slavery.
Due to his mutated Terminan body, he has virtual immortality, which he has managed to keep from the public by assuming the identity of his “son” throughout the years. Following the War, he attended “Fist University” where he studied law and “passed the bar’ in several states, thus able to support him. This allowed him to retrieve his pod.
Harlem Renaissance
During a time of great artistic renewal known as the Harlem renaissance, he met and fell in love with Estelle Jackson, and they later married. After the disappointment by the era’s unfulfilled promise they left the country, living as expatriates in France. During World War II he fought with the allies against Nazi Germany in hopes that the united front against racial segregation would lead to more racial unity in the Americas. After the War, he and his wife returned to America. Racism reappeared even more fervently than before, though in 1964 under Martin Luther King blacks gained “legal parity’ with their white brethren.
With his wife’s encouragement he increased his heroics though he never went public, this lead to rumors of a “mystery man”. During this time, they also realized their genetic incompatibility prevented them from having children. In 1977 his wife died of Cancer; This left him even more emotionally distant than before as he now lived only to return home. He blamed himself for her death since he knew his pod could have saved her if he had known how to fix it in time. He moved to Dakota, away from Harlem to escape the memories and pain of his wife’s passing.
In the present, Arnus is still with us. He did not age visibly beyond adulthood; to disguise this fact, he periodically assumed the identity of his own son.  By the late 20th century, he was posing as Augustus Freeman IV, the great-grandson of his original human identity. Still marooned, Augustus waits for Earth's technology to catch up to his lifepod's.  Secretly possessing superpowers that believes his human appearance, he has always performed quiet acts of charity.   Now he is seeking to more publicly defend the weak, bring hope to all people and make a change from inside the system, even the superheroic one.

Attributes 40 PP
Strength 0
Agility 0
Fighting 0
Awareness 8
Stamina 12
Dexterity 0
Intellect 0
Presence 0

Defenses 14 PP
8 Dodge 8
6 Parry 6
0 Fort 12
0 Tough. 12
0 Will 8

Skills: 11 PP 22 points
Expertise: Law 4/+4
Insight 0 (+8)
Investigation 4 (+4)
Perception 2 (+10)
Persuasion 10/+10
Eidetic Memory

Advantages 2 PP
Interpose
Move-by attack
Attractive

Powers 84 CP
33 Terminian power
-Positronic Burst Close Damage 10 Burst  2
-Positronic Constructs Create 10, Moveable
-Force Beam Ranged damage 10 Accurate 5 subtle precise incurable increased range 2

19 Flight
Flight 9 
Flight 10 Distracting, Movement 1 Space Flight, Quickness 6

11 Immunity 11 life support, Aging

10 Super senses
Super Sight – Senses 9 Darkvision,  Microscopic, Infrared w/Tracking, Extended 4
Super Hearing – Senses 9 Ultra-Hearing, Penetrates Concealment, Extended 4

Complications
Acceptance – Difficulty with acceptance of others towards him.
Justice – Seeks Justice for all races not simply his own.
Responsibility – It is his responsibility to stand up for injustice
Prejudice – Fights against his own prejudices, thinking some or others won’t change.

wander

Alrighty, one more for the team. :)

Now we just need EL to make the ooc thread and make the game a reality.  ;D *forceful hint, forceful hint*

Norsegod1839

I hear ya you bunch of savages!

lol

I shall be posting it up in a second!

Foxy DeVille

And some loser needs to write up her stats.

Oh wait... that's me...   :-[

Gannameade

Reach out to wander and TF.  They are killer with those

I would have went with MSH!  That is my specialty, defunct but I was very good with those.

Norsegod1839