Once Upon A Time (Open for characters!)

Started by RainbowRian, February 04, 2013, 09:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowRian

So, I have been watching Once Upon A Time here lately and am curious to know if any RPers out there would be interested. 
Basically it is this: "The series takes place in the fictional seaside town of Storybrooke, Maine, in which the residents are actually characters from various fairy tales that were transported to the "real world" town and robbed of their real memories by the Evil Queen"  If this caught your interest we may just have an RP :)

RainbowRian

If the interest gets big enough, we will have the fairy tale world and the real world.  The fairy tale world will be full of magic, beasts, and characters from our favorite fairy tales.  (Message or post with fairytales you would like to see in it.) 

The real world would consist of real world conflict, and angst.  It's a quiet, little, town filled with people who go about their everyday lives with no idea who they really are. The Queen's Curse has trapped them here and placed her in near-complete control. They have no real memories and no real hope. Frozen in time.

The goal is mainly to work on restoring order, but we will see how it goes.  It can be canon or you can create your own character based on a fairytale.  Don't worry the real world WILL eventually be merged with the fairytale world.   :) hope this is a better description and gets alot more interest.  I just did not want to go through all the trouble just yet.

CurvyKitten

RainbowRian

Awesome :D hopefully we will get some more interest. 

sansa

O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

Chreestafer

This is one of my favorite shows on tv count me in :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Datawych

Interest, excitement, and other such things.

RainbowRian

Awesome.  When we get a few more perhaps I will make a list of Fairy tales to choose from, npcs, and such. 

Sexy Firefly

Interested! One of my favorite shows airing right now!!!

RainbowRian

Alright.  I feel like we have enough people to start things up here soon so I will try to work on a character sheet template so all of you can submit them to me through PM.  I have to work the next few days so bear with me and if things get bigger as we go I will end up finding a Co-GM but as of right now we have a good start for a few fairy tales :)

RainbowRian

Character Sheet! :)

Click Me!
Name:

Storybrooke Identity:

Player Name:

Sex:

Height:

Weight:

Hair:

Eyes:

Sexual Orientation:

Ons:

Offs:

Fairytale of Birth:

Known Relatives:

Known Enemies:

Known Allies:

Storybrooke Occupation:

Hobbies: Music, Sketching, Singing

Powers: (If they apply, All Magic comes at a price.)

Limitations:

Features and Appearance:

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

You may use characters canon to the show, Or may make your own take on them.  HOWEVER : If your character is approved and history involves another character it is your responsibility to talk to the other players and work out character ties with them.  In fact I encourage it.  Also, I believe that it will be our own take on the situations and not be exactly like the show so that everyone's characters can grow and most of all we can have fun.  I am open to suggestions and ideas, but that is a discussion for the OOC Chatterbox Thread

Completed Character Sheets are to be sent via PM Please!
Available Stories
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Peter Pan
Mulan
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Alice in Wonderland
Little Red Riding Hood
Rapunzel
Hansel and Gretel
Princess and the Pea
Princess and the Frog
Thumbelina
Pinocchio
Swan Princess
Brave

RainbowRian

Notice:  The Game will be starting, time-wise about a week before the curse.

Any questions, suggestions, or ideas can be PM'ed to me for consideration.  Im pretty excited about this, and want to make it fun for everyone.

Datawych

Afraid I'm going to have to withdraw my interest on this one. MVASE is already taking up more of my time than I predicted it would.

RainbowRian

Aislinn

"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

RainbowRian

Awesome. Send me a character sheet if you'd like.  Make note of the characters in the OOC that are no longer available though please :)

Chreestafer

Now is this per the tv show? Or is it original?

Reason being I have an idea with king aurthur mixed with the beast, I just need a belle :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

RainbowRian

More than likely we will be slightly Canon to the show up to when the curse takes over.  That way when everyone is transproted they can grow into their own and when they get their memories back they can try to get back to the Enchanted Forest.  Not to give too much away, but I will be incorperating some of the other worlds for exploration. :)

RainbowRian

Upon Approval, please post in the OOC Chatterbox Thread to chat with the other players :D Thank you.  ~RR~

Madriv

Oh hell yeah, very interested. Let me ponder a character...   >:)

RainbowRian

Alrighty Madmartigan.  Also Everyone still interested please send in character sheets when you can.

Josietta

I realllly shouldn't... but .. *whimper* i want..

I'd love to play the Cinderella or Ariel part.. do we know if those are available?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

RainbowRian

Cinderella has been approved, so she is taken.  BUT Ariel isn't if you want to make a sheet for her.  Plus she hasn't hit the show so you are free to imaging her as you will just make it believable, which I know you will. :)

Josietta

Quote from: RainbowRian on February 08, 2013, 11:09:23 AM
Cinderella has been approved, so she is taken.  BUT Ariel isn't if you want to make a sheet for her.  Plus she hasn't hit the show so you are free to imaging her as you will just make it believable, which I know you will. :)

Awesome! I have a cool idea already in my head ready to roll. ;)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Chreestafer

I dont know who to do im so lost! So many options!
So king Arthur is a no go?
Ons and Offs
F-List

RainbowRian

Quote from: Josietta on February 08, 2013, 11:24:40 AM
Awesome! I have a cool idea already in my head ready to roll. ;)
Awesome Josi.

Quote from: Chreestafer on February 08, 2013, 11:29:35 AM
I dont know who to do im so lost! So many options!
So king Arthur is a no go?

Alright.  Here is the deal with King Arthur.  Since they did have an essential lady of the lake, though she was a siren.  AND they have a few banished knights of the round table, I may consider it. So send me a character sheet when you can and we can work out plot because I have some really good ideas flowing and dont want to give away too much plot :D

RainbowRian

Everyone I put a slash through the characters on the first page that are already approved, working on approval or tenatively taken.  Also if you decide you want to play two characters at some point then feel free too.  I don't know how big this game will get but Im hoping its decent sized. :D thanks everyone and again, upon approval please post in the OOC.

Sexy Firefly

I am Willing to double up if needed want me to make a character sheet tentatively?

Madriv

Sent in my char app, though I did pull from a fairy tale not on the list. Let me know what you think.  ;)

Aislinn

Quote from: Madmartigan on February 08, 2013, 03:41:03 PM
Sent in my char app, though I did pull from a fairy tale not on the list. Let me know what you think.  ;)

Welcome Madmartigan!

I'm willing to double up as well. I will ponder another more cannon character....=-)
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

RainbowRian

Attention everyone!

If you know anyone that may be interested in a male part or two then let them know.  As or right this second we have a high female to male ratio  :)   Out of everyone interested I am waiting on two sheets currently and a few players have submitted sheets for if we need second characters, the first set of characters that are approved are as follows:

Approved
Cinderella
Aislinn
Mulan
Ruby
Snow White
Alice Kingsleigh

Bluebeard / Prince Landru of Conomor
Prince Charming

RainbowRian

So far all primary character sheets have been approved as far as I know (If I have looked over one let me know).  I am looking over Secondary ones.  Also I need opinions on an Emma type character.  It wont be her to the "T" but  is that something everyone thinks should be included at some point or not?

Aislinn

My opinion...is that there should be an Emma type character. Doesn't need to follow the exact character path of the one on the show but I think a character like that needs to be included because its the lynchpin for the story. However, I think it needs to be an npc character, controlled by the GM.

But! That's just my humble opinion. =-)
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

RainbowRian

The character in question would indeed be GM controlled. Thank you for your vote.

Madriv

Agreeing with Aislinn, I think we'll need an Emma eventually.

RainbowRian

Noted.  However the character wont be unveiled until after the curse.

Josietta

I shall have my "Ariel" done in the next day or so Rian!   Sorry its taken a bit with my busy weekend/death in family/travel and all that.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

RainbowRian

Definitely not a problem Josi. Take your time, and my deepest condolences for your loss.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Josietta on February 10, 2013, 09:29:55 PM
I shall have my "Ariel" done in the next day or so Rian!   Sorry its taken a bit with my busy weekend/death in family/travel and all that.

Huggles~ dido on the sorry bit. I'm here if you need or want to talk Hun. ~sends bunches of love your way~

Josietta

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 10, 2013, 10:09:08 PM
Huggles~ dido on the sorry bit. I'm here if you need or want to talk Hun. ~sends bunches of love your way~

*hugs back tight*  Thank you love.. I'll be sure to do so.  hope you are doing okay on your end.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

RainbowRian

All Characters sent in have been approved, Please move to the OOC Chatterbox Thread for game notifications and chatter please.
You go ahaed and move as well Josi :D

Craz

Hey, I'd love to take a role in this. I'm not really sure who I would take, but I love the show, and I would love to help even out the guy/gal ratio.

RainbowRian

Awesome. Just get me in a CS as soon as you get the chance. We have two male PCs and six female PCs.  I have the last female spot (for now) on hold for a player so Male characters are veryyy welcome. Check out the Approved Characters thread for a look at who is taken and PM me your sheet along with any questions you have. :)

Trieste

* Trieste pokes her nose in the thread - interested, not sure if she has time, posting in the thread to keep track of interest replies. :)

RainbowRian

Quote from: Trieste on February 12, 2013, 06:07:53 PM
* Trieste pokes her nose in the thread - interested, not sure if she has time, posting in the thread to keep track of interest replies. :)
Tehe

Flower

-peeks head in curiously-

Just finished the first season...just looking around.

RainbowRian

Haloriel

* Haloriel sneaks into this thread following the trail of flowers.

Hmmmm.

RainbowRian

Flower

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 16, 2013, 02:23:45 PM
sneaks over and hugs DF~

-huggles-

;D

Quote from: Haloriel on February 17, 2013, 12:44:39 PM
* Haloriel sneaks into this thread following the trail of flowers.

Hmmmm.

Lol, I followed Josi. xD

Quote from: RainbowRian on February 17, 2013, 12:31:57 PM
Welcome Trieste and Dancing Flower!

Quick question, I see you have a need for princes. Does this mean female characters are not being allowed  at this point?

Haloriel

Trieste

You ladies don't want to play characters that sweep the other womenfolk off their feets? ;D

RainbowRian

Yes, at the moment I am looking for male characters.  But slots may open or if we get some males we will open once more for female characters.  I am waiting on two males at the moment so perhaps after I get there sheets I may take a few females but I don't know as of yet.  If you would like to PM me just a rough character idea then I will definitely look it over and see what I can do.  P.S Character sexuality is up to the player :)

Flower

Quote from: Trieste on February 17, 2013, 12:50:30 PM
You ladies don't want to play characters that sweep the other womenfolk off their feets? ;D

I'm not very confident in my skills writing an actual male character rather than a temporary NPC. xD

Quote from: RainbowRian on February 17, 2013, 12:51:26 PM
Yes, at the moment I am looking for male characters.  But slots may open or if we get some males we will open once more for female characters.  I am waiting on two males at the moment so perhaps after I get there sheets I may take a few females but I don't know as of yet.  If you would like to PM me just a rough character idea then I will definitely look it over and see what I can do.  P.S Character sexuality is up to the player :)

I will just keep an open eye on your game for now. Thank you for the quick answer though. :)

RainbowRian

Not a problem DF, Im kind of chained to bed at the moment with a cold so I figured no time like the present to get caught up and get things going :)

Haloriel

-giggles-  I'll send over a PM - though I do write both men, and women with complete comfort - I'm being slammed by something specific with the muse.

RainbowRian

If you would like to check out the approved character thread you are more than welcome Haloriel :)

chaoslord29

Hello! I'd like to see if I can't fulfill your requirement for male characters! I'm starting on an application, but wanted to pitch the idea of playing The Black Knight! Technically, he's not from a specific fairytale (unless you count arturian lore), but what fairtytale town would be complete without him is my question!

Is that a viable role? If not, I'm happy to come up with a few others, but would like to know before I become too deeply involved in the character.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

RainbowRian

I am allowing Arthurian style characters yes.

Deathnote

Hi, recently started watching the show.  Haven't quite finished even the first season yet, though.

Anyways, can I make a character based on Sun Wukong from Journey to the West?  I mean, you do have Mulan in the approved character list, after all.  :p

RainbowRian

Yes, go ahead and send me what you got and I will take a look.  Also, I am in fact open to other fairytales, but I am unfamiliar with that one so If you would please send the bascis of it for me that would be great.  I am just too busy at the moment to research it for myself

Lady Lunarius

Hey is this still up for characters, I know you need males, but was just checking in.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

RainbowRian

What kind of character were you thinking of?

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: RainbowRian on April 05, 2013, 08:55:37 PM
What kind of character were you thinking of?

Actually I'd be happy to play a male character. I'm not used to it, but I wouldn't mind working on my testosterone skills. Lol perhaps a Prince Eric character? I'd be happy to play more than one if needed later.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

RainbowRian

Alrighty.  Let me make sure prince eric is open.  Because we have had alot going on as of late, but draw up a CS and feel free to post it here

Oldknight

Curious if it would be possible to say use either Beowulf or Robin Hood?

RainbowRian

It depends.  PM me a sheet and we will discuss it because I have used characters from other stories. 

RainbowRian

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on April 05, 2013, 09:10:59 PM
Actually I'd be happy to play a male character. I'm not used to it, but I wouldn't mind working on my testosterone skills. Lol perhaps a Prince Eric character? I'd be happy to play more than one if needed later.

Eric IS open.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Flower

-pokes head in, feeling around to see if female characters are allow...yet-

RainbowRian

DF, We lost a few characters, so please feel free to send me a CS.

Top Cat

For those ladies who are waiting for the opportunity to join, you might like to know that the roguish Captain James Hook will be putting in an appearance all too soon. ;)

(I submitted my character sheet last night, and RR graciously approved it this morning)
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

RainbowRian

Yes yes I did.  I need to post that up too.

Karasu

I am quite interested.. So characters would have to be from some sort of fairy tale, did I understand that correctly? Might be a tad hard to get males then since most tales as such focus more to the female than a male.
Removed, due to vandalism.

Lady Lunarius

I'm working on Eric, and also an Odette (Swan Princess) if possible to play another. If just one I'm still planning on Eric .
LaLu's Delicious treats!

RainbowRian

Okay, and hold off on submitting the girl just yet until I get a headcount.

Karasu

No one ever did answer my question if we have to use males from Fairytales..

RainbowRian

Deepest apologies.  Fairytales are preferred.  You can PM me with ideas and we can discuss them

Karasu

RainbowRian

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Karasu

So you've got Eric from Swan Princess? Darn he was a hot one.

Lady Lunarius

Nope I got Eric from the Little Mermaid.

I was gonna play Odette from Swan Princess if we could play girls. But we can't yet T_T
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Karasu

oh! XD Wait.. that Prince was Derek.. I call that one! ^^

Karasu

lemme make a character sheet and PM it to ya.

Though normally I don't play characters already established, but I really like Derek XD (Subsequently I actually liked Odette more *drool*)

Tamhansen

Which male characters would you prefer to see. I'm up for most of them, but which would you as GM prefer to see. Might even do a few, depending on the posting speed
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

RainbowRian

It really depends on what characters you feel comfortable playing.  PM me and we can plan.

Lady Lunarius

Umm I sort of went a little...long with Erics backstory.....*cough*
LaLu's Delicious treats!

RainbowRian

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

RainbowRian

Cool, Make sure you get with Josietta who is playing Ariel to hash out stuff just CC me so I know big plot stuffs

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: RainbowRian on April 09, 2013, 07:48:15 PM
Cool, Make sure you get with Josietta who is playing Ariel to hash out stuff just CC me so I know big plot stuffs

Yeppers ^_^ Messaged her a couple days ago. I'm going off her bio....just a bit more background on Eric's past before her is in there >.>

Figured we would talk soon about the other stuff soon. <3 Will message you both his bio, so that she can check it out and see if I need any changes. but I don't have too much changed from what she'd said.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

RainbowRian

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Deathnote

Quote from: Tenshinhan on April 05, 2013, 09:27:05 PM
Curious if it would be possible to say use either Beowulf or Robin Hood?
Psst, Tenshinhan.  You know what who your namesake was originally based on, right?  If you do, you may or may not recognize a certain monkey king in the approved character thread.  :p

Lady Lunarius

Name: Princess Odette
Storybrooke Identity: Lauren Walker
Player Name: Lady Lunarius
Sex: Female
Height: 5'6
Weight: 123lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Ons: *See Personal O.O's*
Offs: *See Personal O.O's*
Fairytale of Birth: The Swan Princess
Known Relatives: King William *Deceased*
Known Enemies: RothBart
Known Allies: Queen Uberta, Speed, Jean-Bob, and Puffin
Storybrooke Occupation: Veterinarian
Hobbies: Working with animals, working with children.

Personality:
Lauren is very sensitive. She tends to think with her emotions first which gets her into a lot of trouble. Otherwise she's determined to do what is best for her clients pets always going the extra mile. She is a tomboy, she loves sports and music, but she loves to get dolled up every once in a while.

History:
For Odette, her life had been planned out. There was no escaping that. Everything from what she wore, to who she was to marry.  Prince Derek her betrothed was only a bit older than she when they were engaged. Every summer the trip she and her father took to see him drove her crazy as she came to know what was to be expected. Bromley and Derek always played games that she wasn't allowed to play, and teased her often.

Each year it became harder for her father to convince her to come with him to Uberta's Queendom. The last year, she only agreed because her father promised that it would be the last time. Though when they walked in, something had changed. Derek's gaze had softened to her, and she felt that this summer could be different.

It wasn't until he called for the wedding that she knew nothing had changed. When she'd asked him why he wished to marry her, he spoke only of her beauty. Flat out refusing him, she and her father departed the next day. A part of her had hoped that he'd grown more mature, but he was the same little boy she'd spent the summers with.

On their way home, disaster struck. Rothbart ambushed them, and demanded King Williams kingdom and when he refused he became a terrible beast. The great animal her fathers men had called him. Odette had fainted, and when she came to she was sitting on the edge of a lake, silent tears falling down her face. The sun beat down on her cursed form.

A swan. That was how she'd live her life, cursed forever to be a swan by day and her human self by the light of the moon. Rothbart came every night seeking her hand but she refused every time. One day she decided to fly. Faster than she thought possible she flew over the forests, soaring the sky seeking Derek's kingdom, praying her father was still alive.

That's when the arrows began to rain. Derek, he was shooting at her! Quickly she changed course flying back to the lake. But he'd followed her. As the sun set and the moon rose, she transformed there, before Derek. They only had but a moment before Rothbart came calling.

Derek left, telling her of the ball and promising he loved her, for more than just her beauty. But that wasn't enough to break the curse. They agreed that she would meet him at the ball and by the light of the moon and before anyone there he'd prove his love. And free her.

But she never made it. When Rothbart came he found Dereks bow and trapped Odette. It was the animals she'd befriended in Swan form that had helped her. That freed her. But when she arrived, after learning of Rothbarts plans, she found she was too late and fled to the lake once more.

She could feel her life draining with each beat of her wing and finally she landed in the lake. Shortly after Derek arrived by she was gone. Sometime later, the only thing she could remember after was Derek's voice, his tears upon her face before she transformed back into a woman.

Shortly after, they were wed, Rothbart had been dispatched and they were safe!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

RainbowRian

Lady Lunarius

*Squee*

I thought Tamara Braun would be perfect for Odette
LaLu's Delicious treats!

RainbowRian

After the loss of characters We are now open for more!  **Updated**

PhantomPistoleer

I am sort of interested in making a character for this RP.  I would like to play as Jaffar from Aladdin.  Is that possible?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lady Lunarius

Dude a villain???can we play those??? *puppy eyes*
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Madriv

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 02, 2013, 05:43:52 PMI am sort of interested in making a character for this RP.  I would like to play as Jaffar from Aladdin.  Is that possible?

All the villains get my vote.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

RainbowRian

The problem with player playing villians is this:  How to control them as a GM.  That is why they are NPCs.  I am thinking about taking on two Co-GMs and that will help as far as GM controlled villians. 

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: RainbowRian on May 02, 2013, 08:58:38 PM
The problem with player playing villians is this:  How to control them as a GM.  That is why they are NPCs.  I am thinking about taking on two Co-GMs and that will help as far as GM controlled villians.

What about a pawn for villains? >.>
LaLu's Delicious treats!

PhantomPistoleer

I am not really interested as playing Jaffar as a villain -- at least, he hasn't become a villain yet.  He's still in his formative years.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RainbowRian

Well submit a sheet and I will look it over. :)  You can have a morally gray character just not evil

PhantomPistoleer

Name: Ja'far
Storybrooke Identity:  Theo Monsdale
Player Name: Phantom Pistoleer
Sex: Male
Height: 6'3
Weight: 185 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Ons:  See O/O
Offs:  See O/O
Fairytale of Birth:  Aladdin; Thief of Baghdad
Known Relatives:  Unknown
Known Enemies: Unknown
Known Allies: Iago (Pet Parrot)
Storybrooke Occupation: Accountant

Hobbies:  Occult studies, geology, clockmaking.

Powers: None; Ja'far is an extraordinary swordsman and tactician, and possesses a very profound knowledge of the arcane.  He is an excellent liar, and is capable of seeing through ruse and deceit.  He can summon and wield the Cobra Staff.

The Cobra Staff can be used to compel others through hypnotization.

Personality:  Ja'far is a smooth operator.  He has a very relaxed and subdued demeanor, and he is calm under pressure.  He enjoys society, and behaves in a cordial manner befitting a noble.  Though the man isn't prone to get carried away, he is infatuated with technology.

History:  Ja'far was born into the nobility of the desert city state of Agrabah.  His adolescent upbringing involved martial training with bow and scimitar, and a profound education in the ancient rites and mysteries, both religious and arcane.  It was during his younger years that he developed a fascination with an old relic, a lamp that contained within it the means to pacify the universe.  Ja'far had become terribly afraid of what lurked beyond this reality, for what stared at him within his forgotten tomes was an inconsolable evil.  His research led him to the Cave of Wonders, and he was found worthy to enter into its depth.  He passed up riches beyond measure to behold the lamp, but before he could take it, he had a change of heart.  No man should possess such power.  And whatever lurked within could never be set free.  So he left everything as it was, and returned to the surface.

Like most men in the nobility, Ja'far joined the Sultan's guard.  He earned distinction when he led a contingency of warriors to fend off Ali Baba's Forty Thieves.  He was an effective leader, capable strategist and a brilliant quartermaster.  Indeed, his attention to detail was second to none.

It was his deep understanding of economics that brought him into the Sultan's circle.  Despite their efforts to stifle the effects of inflation, the city's leaders could not reconcile military payments with rampant price increases throughout the kingdom.  That is until Ja'far came into the picture.  Ja'far introduced a number of economic initiatives that resolved the issues of inflation, strengthened the city state's coffers and bolstered Agrabah's position in relation to the other realms.

Soon, Ja'far found himself in the enviable position of being the power behind the throne.  He could direct the Sultan in one way or another as his Royal Vizier, but he found the time away from his studies loathesome.  There was an exception, however:  Ja'far had fallen in love with the Sultan's daughter, Jasmine.

In a series of events most often retold, Ja'far witnessed Jasmine succumbing to the wile of a cunning thief, Aladdin.  Everyone fell for Aladdin's charm -- everyone, except for Ja'far.  Rumplestiltskin appeared before Ja'far and attempted to make a deal to rid him of Aladdin, but Ja'far understood what Rumplestiltskin was, and he knew better than to deal with the Dark One.  Instead, Ja'far entered the Cave of Wonder, and retrieved the ancient relic that he had long ago abstained from possessing -- but he was captured by Aladdin, and the lamp was taken.

A sordid tale of war between Aladdin and Ja'far ensued that devastated the kingdom.  When Aladdin's wishes backfired on him, Ja'far once again came into possession of the lamp.  Rumpleestiltskin again came before him, and offered to restore Agrabah to its grandeur if and only if Ja'far would return the lamp.  However, Ja'far used his only wish to launch the lamp far away from Agrabah -- and unto the same shore that King Leopold came to find it.

Highly misunderstood, Ja'far desires nothing more than to spend the rest of his days waging a proxy war against Rumplestiltskin.  It was he who developed the plan to capture Rumplestiltskin, and he who crafted the plume (from his crimson parrot, no less!).

Though he is highly neutral towards the Queen, she cursed him nevertheless to forget who he was because he was dangerous -- and knew how to deceive even his long-time enemy, the Genie of the Lamp.

In Storybrooke, Ja'far is an accountant.  He begs his clients to behave responsibly with their money, save for retirement, use low-risk invesmtent vehicles, and above all else, avoid Mr. Gold's pawn shop.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Madriv

The morally grey lawyer and morally grey accountant should definitely work together.

PhantomPistoleer

All right -- huff huff -- I changed my history.  That's the character I'm submitting.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RainbowRian

Lady Lunarius

We're still looking for Characters! Revamping and taking roll calls! If you want in join us now.

Come one come all!!! Join us in Storybrooke! Come see what will unfold! Message RainbowRian and myself with any questions you might have! Or ask the questions here we'll be happy to answer them! You never know your questions may be someone elses!!!

Happy game hunting!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Amelita

Is the list of available storylines on the first page accurate?

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Amelita on July 06, 2013, 06:12:08 PM
Is the list of available storylines on the first page accurate?

We are working on updating as we speak. I'll talk to Rian and see if we can't have it up by possibly tomorrow. <3

What character were you thinking about?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Amelita

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Amelita on July 06, 2013, 06:30:53 PM
Not sure yet, and awesome thanks!

okies. Working on the list now, It should be ready by tonight. Just note you can play characters that aren't listed as well. Just getting basics up.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Amelita

Lady Lunarius

Okay folks, here is a list of characters open. We have plenty, and you're not limited to only those listed. If you have a want to play someone else. Let us know! Also, bring friends!

Available/Taken Characters
Cinderella:
(      )= Taken Characters

• Cinderella
  • Prince Charming
  • Anastasia Tremaine
  • Drizella Tremaine
  • Fairy Godmother
  • Gus
  • Jaq

Sleeping Beauty
  • Princess Aurora
  • Prince Phillip
  • Fauna
  • Flora
  • Merryweather

Snow White
  • Snow White
  • Huntsman
  • Prince Charming
  • Dwarves

Peter Pan
  • Peter Pan
  • Wendy
  • Tinkerbell
  • Hook 
  • Smee

Mulan
  • Mulan (Rogue of Timey Wimey Stuff)
  • Shang
  • Shan Yu
  • Yao
  • Ting-Ting
  • Mei
  • Su
  • Mushu
  • Ling

The Little Mermaid
  • Prince Eric (Lady Lunarius)
  • Princess Ariel (Josietta)
  • Any of Ariel's sister

Beauty and the Beast
  • Belle
  • Adam *Beast*
  • Gaston
  • Lumiere
  • Cogsworth

Alice in Wonderland
  • Alice (CurvyKitten) 
  • Mad Hatter
  • Cheshire Cat
  • White Rabbit

Little Red Riding Hood
  • Red (CurvyKitten)
  • Wolf

Rapunzel
  • Rapunzel (Haloriel)
  • Flynn (Haloriel)

Hansel and Gretel
  • Hansel
  • Gretel

Aladdin
  • Princess Jasmine
  • Aladdin
  • Sultan
  • Jafar
  • Iago
  • Genie
  • Abu

Princess and the Frog[/u]
  • Tiana
  • Prince Naveen
  • Charlotte Le Bouff

Thumbelina
  • Thumbelina
  • Cornelius

Tarzan
  • Tarzan
  • Jane
  • Terk
  • Clayton

Pinocchio
  • Pinocchio
  • Monstro
  • Geppetto
  • Blue Fairy

Swan Princess
  • Odette(Lady Lunarius)
  • Derek

Brave
  • Merida
  • Young MacGuffin

Hercules
  • Hercules
  • Meg
  • Phil

Lion King
  • Simba (GreyTrail)
  • Nala
  • Timone
  • Pumbaa
  • Rafiki
  • Vitani
  • Zuka
  • Kovu
  • Kiara

Pocahontas
  • Pocahontas
  • John Smith
  • John Ratcliffe
  • Nakoma

Robin Hood
  • Robin Hood
  • Maid Marian
  • Little John
  • Alan-A-Dale
  • Prince John
  • Sheriff of Nottingham

Atlantis
  • Milo
  • Kida
  • Sweets
  • Audrey
  • Vinny
  • Mole

The Black Cauldron
  • Taran
  • Princess Eilonwy
  • Gurgi

Hunchback of Nortre Dame
  • Quasimodo
  • Esmeralda 
  • Pheobus

Treasure Planet
  • Jim Hawkins
  • Captain Flint
  • Captain Amelia
  • John Sliver
LaLu's Delicious treats!

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 07, 2013, 04:33:36 PM
Okay folks, here is a list of characters open. We have plenty, and you're not limited to only those listed. If you have a want to play someone else. Let us know! Also, bring friends!

Cinderella:

• Cinderella
  • Prince Charming
  • Anastasia Tremaine
  • Drizella Tremaine
  • Fairy Godmother
  • Gus
  • Jaq

Sleeping Beauty
  • Princess Aurora
  • Prince Phillip
  • Fauna
  • Flora
  • Merryweather

Snow White
  • Snow White
  • Huntsman
  • Prince Charming
  • Dwarves

Peter Pan
  • Peter Pan
  • Wendy
  • Tinkerbell
  • Hook 
  • Smee

Mulan
  • Shang
  • Shan Yu
  • Yao
  • Ting-Ting
  • Mei
  • Su
  • Mushu
  • Ling

The Little Mermaid
  • Any of Ariel's sister

Beauty and the Beast
  • Belle
  • Adam *Beast*
  • Gaston
  • Lumiere
  • Cogsworth

Alice in Wonderland
  • Alice 
  • Mad Hatter
  • Cheshire Cat
  • White Rabbit

Little Red Riding Hood
  • Red
  • Wolf

Rapunzel
  • Rapunzel
  • Flynn

Hansel and Gretel
  • Hansel
  • Gretel

Aladdin
  • Princess Jasmine
  • Aladdin
  • Sultan
  • Jafar
  • Iago
  • Genie
  • Abu

• Tiana
  • Prince Naveen
  • Charlotte Le Bouff

Thumbelina
  • Thumbelina
  • Cornelius

Tarzan
  • Tarzan
  • Jane
  • Terk
  • Clayton

Pinocchio
  • Pinocchio
  • Monstro
  • Geppetto
  • Blue Fairy

Swan Princess
  • Odette(Lady Lunarius)
  • Derek

Brave
  • Merida
  • Young MacGuffin

Hercules
  • Hercules
  • Meg
  • Phil

Lion King
  • Simba (GreyTrail)
  • Nala
  • Timone
  • Pumbaa
  • Rafiki
  • Vitani
  • Zuka
  • Kovu
  • Kiara

Pocahontas
  • Pocahontas
  • John Smith
  • John Ratcliffe
  • Nakoma

Robin Hood
  • Robin Hood
  • Maid Marian
  • Little John
  • Alan-A-Dale
  • Prince John
  • Sheriff of Nottingham

Atlantis
  • Milo
  • Kida
  • Sweets
  • Audrey
  • Vinny
  • Mole

The Black Cauldron
  • Taran
  • Princess Eilonwy
  • Gurgi

Hunchback of Nortre Dame
  • Quasimodo
  • Esmeralda 
  • Pheobus

Treasure Planet
  • Jim Hawkins
  • Captain Flint
  • Captain Amelia
  • John Sliver

Umm Alice and Red are actually taken by me! LOL I'm still here I know I said I was when the last call was made. So please don't give away my spots.

Haloriel

My character is the prince of a version of Rapunzel, just as an aside - so please do not give that slot away; the female character is technically taken also.  (I prefer the original tale than the disney, and gave it my own twist.)

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Haloriel

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Haloriel on July 14, 2013, 04:09:39 PM
<3 <3  Yay!

We are trying to figure out what we need so that we can get us moving again! It will be happening soon!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

JDrew Spider

I'd be interested in playing Tiana :)
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

RainbowRian

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 14, 2013, 04:12:11 PM
We are trying to figure out what we need so that we can get us moving again! It will be happening soon!

Indeed we are, that is why we have been asking for several days now to get the ones interested to Post in the OOC once again and only a handful posted, so sorry if you didn't post again or it was overlooked. 

As for the look and layout we are going to revamp it.  As well as likely opening up a few NPCs.  (Maybe)

Amelita

I am interested in taking on Jasmine <3

RainbowRian

Clio

Is the available character list up to date? And are you only including characters that have already been in the show, or any character from a Disney or famous fairytale?

EDIT: I see that Ariel is already taken, but is Belle? Or Merida? I think my choices in order of preference would be...

1. Ariel (just have to give her the honor, as she's my favorite. But I know she's taken, and the others would be just as good.)
2. Belle
3. Merida
4. Snow White
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Josietta

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 07, 2013, 04:33:36 PM

Cinderella:

• Cinderella (Josietta)
  • Prince Charming
  • Anastasia Tremaine
  • Drizella Tremaine
  • Fairy Godmother
  • Gus
  • Jaq

Sleeping Beauty
  • Princess Aurora
  • Prince Phillip
  • Fauna
  • Flora
  • Merryweather

Snow White
  • Snow White
  • Huntsman
  • Prince Charming
  • Dwarves

Peter Pan
  • Peter Pan
  • Wendy
  • Tinkerbell
  • Hook 
  • Smee

Mulan
  • Shang
  • Shan Yu
  • Yao
  • Ting-Ting
  • Mei
  • Su
  • Mushu
  • Ling

The Little Mermaid
  • Any of Ariel's sister

Beauty and the Beast
  • Belle
  • Adam *Beast*
  • Gaston
  • Lumiere
  • Cogsworth

Alice in Wonderland
  • Alice (CurvyKitten) 
  • Mad Hatter
  • Cheshire Cat
  • White Rabbit

Little Red Riding Hood
  • Red (CurvyKitten)
  • Wolf

Rapunzel
  • Rapunzel (Haloriel)
  • Flynn (Haloriel)

Hansel and Gretel
  • Hansel
  • Gretel

Aladdin
  • Princess Jasmine (Amelita)
  • Aladdin (Kokaine)
  • Sultan
  • Jafar (PhantomPistoleer)
  • Iago
  • Genie
  • Abu

• Tiana
  • Prince Naveen
  • Charlotte Le Bouff

Thumbelina
  • Thumbelina
  • Cornelius

Tarzan
  • Tarzan
  • Jane
  • Terk
  • Clayton

Pinocchio
  • Pinocchio
  • Monstro
  • Geppetto
  • Blue Fairy

Swan Princess
  • Odette(Lady Lunarius)
  • Derek

Brave
  • Merida
  • Young MacGuffin

Hercules
  • Hercules
  • Meg
  • Phil

Lion King
  • Simba (GreyTrail)
  • Nala
  • Timone
  • Pumbaa
  • Rafiki
  • Vitani
  • Zuka
  • Kovu
  • Kiara

Pocahontas
  • Pocahontas
  • John Smith
  • John Ratcliffe
  • Nakoma

Robin Hood
  • Robin Hood
  • Maid Marian
  • Little John
  • Alan-A-Dale
  • Prince John
  • Sheriff of Nottingham

Atlantis
  • Milo
  • Kida
  • Sweets
  • Audrey
  • Vinny
  • Mole

The Black Cauldron
  • Taran
  • Princess Eilonwy
  • Gurgi

Hunchback of Nortre Dame
  • Quasimodo
  • Esmeralda 
  • Pheobus

Treasure Planet
  • Jim Hawkins
  • Captain Flint
  • Captain Amelia
  • John Sliver

I added in updates from what I saw on the OOC and here.  I may have missed a guy or two. >.>

Is Madmartigan with us again?? 

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Clio

So Belle, Merida and Snow White are still available?

Lady Lunarius

Sorry my original answer mixed up my threads >.> Ariel's taken, and I think we had a nibble for Snow lemme check with Rian. Merida is open I believe.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Clio

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Christa McGinn on July 15, 2013, 07:08:01 PM
What?

Haha I had to edit my response cause I effed up and mixed up my disney threads >.>
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Clio

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 15, 2013, 07:08:33 PM
Haha I had to edit my response cause I effed up and mixed up my disney threads >.>

Haha. Okay.

Well, let me ask this. Has there been any interest in the beast or Prince Charming? I'd prefer Belle to be honest.

RainbowRian

There hasn't yet, but the beast is open if you know anyone.

Clio

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Clio

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 15, 2013, 07:18:20 PM
You could in a way pass Adam as a red head. >.>

Oh! No,I meant I might know someone who might want the role. I wouldn't want to play the love interest of myself. Lol.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Christa McGinn on July 15, 2013, 07:20:53 PM
Oh! No,I meant I might know someone who might want the role. I wouldn't want to play the love interest of myself. Lol.

Oh well :P lol tried to tempt you. >.>
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Clio

Amelita

-beats self up for saying this but...-

I've been eyeing Adam/the Beast since I saw the game >.> Dunno how the GM's feel about two characters per new player though (since I just sent in one)

Clio

Quote from: Amelita on July 15, 2013, 07:40:32 PM
-beats self up for saying this but...-

I've been eyeing Adam/the Beast since I saw the game >.> Dunno how the GM's feel about two characters per new player though (since I just sent in one)

That would certainly be wonderful.

Btw, are we supposed to use the same models and storylines from the show, or what? Will the Beast be Mr. Gold or original?

Amelita

Oh. Good question. I'm not interested in that one if the beast is Gold.

RainbowRian

That was the original plan, but things change you can make an OC beast

Lady Lunarius

Your own pics are welcome. This isn't an exact but just based off of the show. So yes your own pics, and made up histories are welcome just keep the Enchanted Forest stories close to the stories we all know. Variations are welcome with GM approval. Right Rian?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Amelita

Alright, I shall think on this! Thanks guys <3

Clio

I'm currently watching the show, so I'm excited. I'll put together a sheet for Belle. And yes. Of course the one I know best is Disney, but I'll make sure it's modernized for Storybrooke.

And for the record, I don't care if you use Mr. Gold or someone else. As long as the beast makes sense, then he can look like whatever the player wants. :)

Clio

Josietta

Quote from: Christa McGinn on July 15, 2013, 11:28:33 PM
Do you guys like any of these for Belle?

Anna de Rijk
Bella Heathcote

I think those two fit her innocent sweet charm best.  :) 

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Amelita

I like Emilie and Bella out of that list -nodnod-

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!