[Pathfinder, Recruitment Closed] Warpath of the Righteous: WotR & Path of War

Started by indarkestknight, September 18, 2016, 08:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Uh! Oh yesh, I will do so! I had forgot about that (I saw the note but did not quite understand did it replace or just add stuff :P). Piercing Thunder is shield+spear combination sort style so not that suitable in theme for my char. Hmmm, now tempted pick one starting maneuvers from primal fury but happy with I have got so far (two boosts, counter and two strikes).

Revelation

You can use non discipline weapons with a discipline. Using discipline weapons however increases the save dc for moves that have a save vs effect by two.

Chulanowa

So if work doesn't kill me today, I should be able to start putting things together

Snake

Skynet

I'd be interested in playing a Zealot if there's still room. Probably gonna be both a ranged and melee combatant, can switch between the two, by using the Unorthodox Style trait to trade in Piercing Thunder for Tempest Gale. And possibly Deadly Agility feat to emphasize a graceful and mobile type of gal.

Pic idea; yes she has 2 swords and zealots don't gain Thrashing Dragon, but hey I like the image!

Also Zealot can get a telepathy network going which can be very convenient for a party in terms of silent communication.

Will go with 4d6 roll system over point buy.

Here are my results:

First result 15

Second result;    Rerolled 1 for a 17 result

Third result 14

Fourth result 14

Fifth result;     1 again;        rerolled a 4 for a 16 result

Sixth result 13

13 is my lowest ability score. Talk about lucky!

So in order from highest to lowest: 17, 16, 15, 14, 14, 13

Now gonna roll for starting gold (5d6 x 10 for Zealot class). 23 result, for 230 gold pieces.

As for traits, was thinking Child of the Crusades (Campaign), Unorthodox Style (Combat, PoW:E), and and Demon Slayer (Combat)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, join the Crashing Tempest Academy then Skynet; trade one discipline for other which you feel does not quite feel good (or one invest lot in first place if not count cherry picking). Plus able 'meld' your two weapons together to have highest HP/Hardness and same properties as other weapon has (so can have weapon which bypasses silver and cold iron DR's or able count weapons both piercing and slashing).

Skynet

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 22, 2016, 03:13:49 PM
Well, join the Crashing Tempest Academy then Skynet; trade one discipline for other which you feel does not quite feel good (or one invest lot in first place if not count cherry picking). Plus able 'meld' your two weapons together to have highest HP/Hardness and same properties as other weapon has (so can have weapon which bypasses silver and cold iron DR's or able count weapons both piercing and slashing).

My 5 disciplines normally are Eternal Guardian, Golden Lion, Piercing Thunder, Sleeping Goddess, and Solar Wind.

Ideally I'd want Tempest Gale and Thrashing Dragon (to go with pic) as my trait/martial tradition switch-outs.

Hmmmm, in that case I might trade out Piercing Thunder for Tempest Gale. Golden Lion's quite good, especially it's Diplomacy-based counter which can work on fellow PCs. Sleeping Goddess keys off of psionic stuff, and as the Zealot has Power Points those would become useless. Solar Wind I'm considering getting rid of, as fire resistance/immunity is a common thing, especially with extraplanar beings. Piercing Thunder is polearm and shield-based, so I don't need that. Eternal Guardian is very defensive-focused, but don't know enough about it to know if getting rid of it's a good idea.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if want go for dual blades (which can be thrown as I presume on picking tempest gale and can be possible if you meld together a dagger and longsword and thus visually have two slender blades which function like daggers when thrown) then I say Solar Wind is one weaker picks (fire resistance very common amongst demons but can also be useful to get rid of swarms of vermin which may later show up in adventure path or otherwise do fire dmg but that's cherry picking which can be taken via martial study if needed).

I would not dismiss Sleeping Goddess style as it has potential help you gain useful psionic feats (and also overall gain additional power points atop being zealot and more power points you get that more use you get from Zealot).

Piercing Thunder keyes off in 'stab and run' and 'devastating charges' which work only spears and piercing weapons. Also often using shield but not neccesary (one stance actually allows zweihander warder to dual wield greatswords :P). It has jaw dropping awesme 8th level boost + 9th level charge maneuver combo but besides that for dual wielding sword figther it does not fit at all (unless somehow convince GM that using bladed buckler in ceremony turns it into slender off hand sword which functions like buckler otherwise and can be thrown and use with said school...).

Golden Lion has lots nice boosts for teammates, but warlords also provide morale bonuses and they do not stack (ironic that one best stances provided by style is outshined entirely by warlord class feature presence and warlords got access to golden lion as well). Not to dis but also depends does anybody else focus on it.

Eternal Guardian is simply being highly protective of allies. As Zealot you got lot class features to make you durable and so if you wish to be 'guardian' sort mythic hero then do not dismiss it. As in this adventure you very early on earn mythic power (somehow). So you need pick mythic path and for physical heroes choice falls to champion (a melee charging hero), guardian (protector guy), trickster (jack of all trades) or marshal (inspiring war leader type). Archmage and Hierophant are off unless you multiclass. So depending your mythic path choice, I say if you go guardian or marshal then eternal guardian is fitting mechanically and theme. But as champion you would focus more offense.

But if we hail from same monastery (perhaps training partners), then I intent my warder to pick eternal guardian maneuvers (as I aim for guardian mythic path as it fits for my char's redemption goals and oni's origin being a kami; a protector/guardian spirit). So would be interesting dynamic if you focus more on offense.

Anyways besides my ranting in above I advice for Solar Wind (countered easily but also replaced with picking Tempest Gale which has throw maneuvers but so does thrashing dragon which actually throws your melee weapons around). If want stuff from solar wind (first level stance is pretty good; create phantom copies of thrown weapons is nice for 'barrage' charms but I think tempest gale had their own version in higher levels) or pick some AoE ones; use martial study for those (picking one 2th level maneuver you get up to 4th or even 5th level solar wind maneuvers which have nice AoE or fire stuff).

Second is piercing thunder or eternal guardian (depending on do you ever pick eternal guardian or not as in theory you could use piercing thunder if somehow turn your swords count as piercing weapons like dagger or rapier via academy mending ritual or simply use martial adaption feat to count your chosen weapons as any style discipline weapons despite what they are, as piercing thunder has some awesome offensive charge charms).

Premier

A Greatsword seems to go well with my gal's disciplines and I'll go through all the rules tomorrow so I can actually make a character.

What level we starting at though?

Zaer Darkwail

Besides chargen ones I advice check in advance mythic heroes rules as in campaign we get turned into mythic heroes early on.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Snake on September 22, 2016, 02:49:17 PM
Is this still accepting players?

Still accepting! Though, at least for the first part of the Worldwound Incursion, part I of the AP, I'll probably be splitting a group this large into two parties.

Quote from: Skynet on September 22, 2016, 03:09:11 PM
Pic idea; yes she has 2 swords and zealots don't gain Thrashing Dragon, but hey I like the image!

I half-expected Zealot from WildC.A.T.S.

Skynet starting $$
230 gp. You'll beat that, of course, when you reroll that one from your wealth roll.
At 2016-09-22 18:20:46, Skynet (uid: 305) rolls: 5d6 Result: 21
At 2016-09-22 18:20:55, Skynet (uid: 305) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3

Quote from: Skynet on September 22, 2016, 03:30:48 PMSolar Wind I'm considering getting rid of, as fire resistance/immunity is a common thing, especially with extraplanar beings.

If you're concerned about that, I'd suggest checking out the Variable Wind feat from Path of War: Expanded.

One suggestion I haven't seen come up so far for a 'switch hitter' is the one I expected to see the most of: Silver Crane. Unlike many styles, it has strikes that allow you to use either ranged or melee attacks.

I will note that ranged combat and two-weapon styles are both very feat-intensive fighting styles, so you may find yourself feat-starved if you go that route.

MrBubbles

Boris Kaminski

The early life of Boris Kaminski was not a pleasant one; orphaned on the streets of Restov at a young age, Boris survived day to day with the packs of other abandoned children that eked out a living in the Brevic city. Life was a struggle, but even as a child Boris seemed to possess a prodigious capacity for hardship, and with his burly physique and his honest nature he developed a reputation as a reliable worker. Eventually word spread of the lad, and with his compassion and budding sense of justice, the younger orphans of Restov came to see him as a sort of older brother, attaching themselves to him for food and protection. Of course, there were those who saw his immense strength and stature as valuable muscle… But he refused them all, and was often rewarded with a black eye or broken nose for his troubles, with threats of more to come. It seemed it was only a matter of time until he was forced to make a decision on where his life would lead, and both paths seemed dark ones indeed.

Fate, or perhaps providence, offered a third way out. A passing pair of holy warriors sworn to Erastil chanced upon the lad, now a young teenager, as he worked at a stonemason, and through conversation discovered his plight. The pair were good of heart and sympathetic to his problems, and offered him a place by their side as they traveled further north. He accepted under one condition, and when the three left they took with them four other wayward children from Restov’s streets. The group made their way through the River Kingdoms, towards the Crusader State of Mendev that stood vigil over the Worldwound, and yet… Barely as soon as they had crossed the border, tragedy struck.

It came in the night as the group made camp. It was a demon that had found a way through the wardstones, and it saw easy prey. The beast fell upon them, hungry for slaughter, yet before it could reach the children it found Boris standing in its way. The young man had little chance against the creature – it was a being of the Abyss, and he was just a teenager armed with a cooking pot, but their struggle bought his adoptive parents enough time to arm themselves and drive the creature away. It was only after the battle that they learned just how viciously the demon had worked Boris, who still stood even as horrible gashes bled freely on his face and chest. They did what they could to stabilize him, and hurried to Kenabres where better treatment may be found.

It was a miracle, or perhaps a testament to the youth’s constitution, that he made it to a place of healing. The wounds were stitched, and over time they faded into scars. Boris however refused to fade, and came out of this experience all the stronger. He now had a place where he could do good, where he could put his strength to work defending the world as he had defended his younger brothers and sisters. Up here, in a blighted land contested by the forces of good and evil, he felt he could make a difference.

Every party needs the big burly bear that occasionally spouts some sagely wisdom, I hope ole Boris here will fit right into that role! He's definitely built with raw tanking power in mind, and with "Exposed to Awfulness" as his campaign trait I'm totally seeing him become the Immovable Object with the Guardian mythic path.

indarkestknight

Zaer, MrBubbles, feel free to work out whether or not your characters are aware they're connected. Remember, if multiple characters take Exposed to Awfulness...

QuoteYou and any others with this trait are related, if only distantly. You could be siblings or cousins—a condition that perhaps lends some credence to the theory that all of you share more than just a common bloodline.

Siblings seems highly unlikely, and, given your wildly divergent backstories, a distant relation sounds significantly more probable and less likely to cause headaches than a close one, but, ultimately, it's up to you.

Latooni Subota

Son of a bitch, Boris is MAGNIFICENT. I can see my halfling pulling up a stool just to touch his fuzzy face.

Edit: Ehhh, I dont think I need Solar Wind. Tempest Gale is enough for my ranged combat. :3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

MrBubbles

Quote from: indarkestknight on September 22, 2016, 07:15:21 PM
Zaer, MrBubbles, feel free to work out whether or not your characters are aware they're connected. Remember, if multiple characters take Exposed to Awfulness...

Siblings seems highly unlikely, and, given your wildly divergent backstories, a distant relation sounds significantly more probable and less likely to cause headaches than a close one, but, ultimately, it's up to you.

Yeah I'm seeing a distant relation with these two, very distant relation, like so distant we probably don't even know we're related.

Quote from: Latooni Subota on September 22, 2016, 07:29:53 PM
Son of a bitch, Boris is MAGNIFICENT. I can see my halfling pulling up a stool just to touch his fuzzy face.

Don't touch the beard! Touch it touch it touch it!

indarkestknight

Quote from: Skynet on September 22, 2016, 08:37:46 PM
For mythic paths, I see myself more as Champion or Marshal.

If you choose Marshal, stick with Child of the Crusades. If you choose Champion, swap Child of the Crusades with Stolen Fury.

Latooni Subota

How did I not realize Vigilante Stalkers get Inspiration Pool and Investigator Talents? @.@

At 2016-09-22 21:27:12, Latooni Subota (uid: 13273) rolls: 4d6 Result: 15
At 2016-09-22 21:27:20, Latooni Subota (uid: 13273) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3
Rerolled that one, so hey, 170gp Not bad.

Edit: Here's the crunch, fluff to come tomorrow! http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=952643

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: MrBubbles on September 22, 2016, 08:53:19 PM
Yeah I'm seeing a distant relation with these two, very distant relation, like so distant we probably don't even know we're related.

Cosnidering my tiefling is 60 and she spend '20 years randomly wandering, fucking and drinking' across the world, so Boris may had been rare case scenario where she wound up pregnant and she dumbly forgot drink maiden's tea in time. She gave birth and literally abandoned her child onto someone (which wound up later on streets). Boris did not get any fiendish/tiefling traits from mother (the unnamed father been a human, probably a big and strong guy as Nanaly likes men big :P). So unlikely they do not know IC they are mother and son relation unless you check closer family semblances or such (or by divine magic or such is used).

But I guess some of that tiefling trait did go to attract demons (sort family passed curse :P) and such and result Boris get close encounter with one and get exact same campaign trait. At least I think it would be more engaging and funnier relation and also give source for my char to have penance acts in regards her son which she neglected entirely.

MrBubbles

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 23, 2016, 05:48:43 AM
Considering my tiefling is 60 and she spend '20 years randomly wandering, fucking and drinking' across the world, so Boris may had been rare case scenario where she wound up pregnant and she dumbly forgot drink maiden's tea in time. She gave birth and literally abandoned her child onto someone (which wound up later on streets). Boris did not get any fiendish/tiefling traits from mother (the unnamed father been a human, probably a big and strong guy as Nanaly likes men big :P). So unlikely they do not know IC they are mother and son relation unless you check closer family semblances or such (or by divine magic or such is used).

But I guess some of that tiefling trait did go to attract demons (sort family passed curse :P) and such and result Boris get close encounter with one and get exact same campaign trait. At least I think it would be more engaging and funnier relation and also give source for my char to have penance acts in regards her son which she neglected entirely.

That would be a more engaging relation, I like it! Even fits neatly into the whole Wuxia theme too, since there's nothing quite as "classic" as discovering the fatherless/motherless character has been journeying with their parent the entire time. Now, all we need is for Nanaly to figure out the connection way before Boris does, which she probably will considering Boris isn't actually keeping an eye open for his birth parents.

Quote from: Skynet on September 23, 2016, 02:19:13 AM
Character Sheet is up! Tell me what you think!

In regards to the name, I figured that Mitsuyo's parents are mixed. One is a far-off traveler from Tian-Xia, the other a Mendevian native.

Mechanics are good, visible fluff is good (the whole "child of two worlds" thing is a classic.) The Tian parent doesn't actually have to be as far-off as you might think; the Land of the Linnorm Kings is fairly close to Mendev, and contains a large Tian population due to their connection with the Path of Aganhei, a land route that connects Avistan to Tian Xia. They're typically hardcore traditionalists and vaguely xenophobic (even the ones that are "fresh off the boat", so to speak) so you could play a lot with the ideas of "forbidden love" or challenging societal expectations to do what's right.

Ooh, just tossing lore out there now, but there was also a Worldwound-type situation in Tian Xia a long, long time before the events of this campaign; back when shit went belly-up in Golarion, the Qlippoth decided to try and invade Tian Xia through a tear in the planes and promptly got their asses handed to them by legions of angels who later turned the land into a realm of unmatched beauty. If I recall, the story of this event is well-known in Tian Xia.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: MrBubbles on September 23, 2016, 07:56:22 AM
That would be a more engaging relation, I like it! Even fits neatly into the whole Wuxia theme too, since there's nothing quite as "classic" as discovering the fatherless/motherless character has been journeying with their parent the entire time. Now, all we need is for Nanaly to figure out the connection way before Boris does, which she probably will considering Boris isn't actually keeping an eye open for his birth parents.

Yeah, we need figure out in-game how Nanaly figures it out in the end but it indeed fits Wuxian theme that protagonist (who was orphan) to travel with their parent in their journey :). Considering we both are warders we likely start split up party in first chapter but group gets together later on. Then we see how she reacts on discovery and will she start subtle penance acts towards Boris for being 'shitty mother' to him by just dumping him to random couple (who later abandoned Boris or left him).

Latooni Subota

Side info: There's actually a fair number of pockets of Tienese people around the inner sea nations. Varisia has a PRETTY IMPORTANT ONE (See: Jade Regent), and there's a surprisingly large amount of Tienese people in the Shackles. Then again, the Shackles has everything from islands of ghouls to a nation ruled by a red dragon :x

Latooni Subota

Double post for completed character!

Lissa Oddworthy, Stalker (Vigilante), Trickster Mythic Path
Lissa Oddworthy

Lissa Oddworthy is a young halfling woman born and raised in Kenabres, standing at an impressive (for a halfling) 3'2". While not the curviest halfling in Kenabres, she's actually rather proud of her smaller chest and (self-proclaimed) incredible ass, seeing it as making her a 'rare' speciment of halfling beauty! Clearly she doesn't suffer from a lack of confidence. Her white skin isn't quite pale, and she has a healthy smattering of freckles across her cheeks, her shoulders, the tops of her breasts, and a few other places. Her honey blonde hair is naturally a bit wavy, and she keeps at a manageable length at her shoulders, framing her expressive eyebrows and cheekbones, and emerald-green eyes. Never much of a fan of 'casual' peasant wear, she's pretty much spent the last several years making her leather armor a fashion statement. Not a surprise in a city like Kenabres where everyone wants to be ready to march on a moment's notice, but still. At her left hip rests a well-used Starknife, and a bandolier of slim stilettos is wrapped around her right thigh. While TOTALLY NOT A ROGUE, she keeps a thick, dark cloak with a good hood wrapped around her shoulders.

As befits her name, Lissa was always a bit of an odd duck. While not necessarily fearless, she was a proud girl with a thing for taking childish bets and getting in over her head. Taunts from the older boys led to her learning how to sneak into the barracks to prove how cool she was, and learn to throw a knife or dart and hit the bullseye every time. While cute enough she basically ended up being 'one of the boys', and when a truly dangerous bet to sneak out into the wilderness to try and see a demon came up, she was the only one with balls big enough to take it. She would've been captured by cultists for sure that day, if not for the timely intervention of an incredibly beautiful, but sad worshipper of Desna who came upon her and helped sneak her back on the path to Kenabres. Lissa shamelessly repeats the tale to any of her friends that would listen, of her first love who saved her from nasty cultists. In fact, it was this act of saving that lead her to worship Desna just like the older woman, and taking up the holy weapon of a Starknife for her personal weapon. She trained with the weapon (Forgive the pun) religiously, until she was convinced that she was the best in the city with the damn thing. As it is she's hoping for the opportunity to join in the next offensive on the Worldwound, and hopefully find that mysterious woman that saved her.