The First Gods *Sci Fi Role Play*

Started by Interested, June 14, 2013, 04:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interested

The First Gods

Premise:
The beginning of the role play starts with "students", which is code for children (and others) who have been trained from an early (Or the earliest) age to be killers; living weapons from different countries and factions who have been miraculously, magicaly, mutagenically, psionicaly or perhaps cybernetically engineered to fight and conquer the other Factions singlehandedly. The plot progresses as these heroes, villains and monsters begin to fight, and then turn on their Makers, perhaps because of a secret that all of the "gods" discover. The Setting is Humanity, 2200 AD. We haven't discovered anything like faster than light travel, but we have multiple star systems at our disposal. At the start of the role play, the Setting is a lot like Babylon 5 or some kind of Sci Fi show, except there's no known Aliens yet. After the first turn (Turns are 1 week), it's a lot more like Shadow Run.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Abilities: (Non-Magical/Uber powers, such as Science/invention, etcetera)
Method Of Power Infusion:
(Can be anything, but I have a list of possible options:
Sorcery
Cultic
Mutagenic
Psionic/Psyhokinetic
Cybernetic)
Specific Powers:
Powers can include, becoming a Kaiju (A monster like Godzilla, Mothra, and other giant beasts), magical powers such as spell casting, psychokinetic abilities such as telekinesis, telepathy, and Cybernetic Uber augmentations, like being able to interface with any known technology, etcetera)

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

TheHangedOne

Sounds like fun. I'm going to keep my eye on this.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Strifesblaze7

Nice. Well I think it could be fun. I'll be around.

Interested

Also, I may edit the OP a little. By "Student" I mean "Government Ward".

TheHangedOne

Yeah, that sounds like a huge difference. Maybe you can expound a bit on what a "government ward" is?
Check out my poet tree!

Interested

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 14, 2013, 06:29:06 PM
Yeah, that sounds like a huge difference. Maybe you can expound a bit on what a "government ward" is?
They might be called students or something but they are Government Projects. Some might be trained by the Government from birth to be Super Weapons.

Strifesblaze7

Interested

THe only problem is that my first sentence is a Collosal run on

TheHangedOne

So, here's another question. There's a spot for "occupation"; do they all have cover stories/jobs to appear normal, or something like that?
Check out my poet tree!

Interested

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 14, 2013, 06:49:16 PM
So, here's another question. There's a spot for "occupation"; do they all have cover stories/jobs to appear normal, or something like that?

Yeah. . . I think I might remove that from the character sheet, and replace it with "Talents" or something. :D

Inkidu

Freeform? Also, who or what are the factions?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Interested

Quote from: Inkidu on June 14, 2013, 07:02:57 PM
Freeform? Also, who or what are the factions?

Yeah, this is going to have some mechanics to it. I have several ideas in mind.
Ah, Factions, good question. Basically every continent on Earth is a representative Faction. . . there's Mars, there might be a huge Black Market ran by one Uber Crime Lord, and a Cult.

Caela

Sounds interesting, will be keeping an eye on this.

TheHangedOne

Here's my sheet. Let me know if it needs to be balanced. I'd also like to point out, he might have some pretty good powers, but he'd be crippled by something like an EMP; which would not generally hurt most people.
Character Sheet:
Name: Erik Synder
Abilities: Mathematics, biology, chemistry, gunsmithing, marksmanship, firearms usage, explosives usage,  cooking, electrical engineering, computer programming, robotics.
Method Of Power Infusion: Cybernetic Augmentation
Specific Powers:
Analytical Gaze: By focusing intensely on an object, or person, he is able to evaluate the subject on a wide variety of scales; given enough time, he can deduce most of the vital statistics of a living subject, or the elemental composition of an object, as well as any out-of-the-ordinary details (like a cleaned blood stain, finger prints, radioactivity, etc). Note that this power is time-consuming and draining; it takes a lot of energy to fully analyze someone/thing, and can take anywhere from several minutes to well over an hour to get a fully detailed report. He may also cycle through various forms of visions (infrared, night-vision, low-light vision, high contrast, etc).
Blood-hound's Nose: Put simply, he has an extremely acute sense of smell, which enables him to track targets, if he has an idea of what they smell like (and if they're not covering their scent with artificial odors, like cologne, perfume, deodorant, etc). He can track someone up to half a mile away, as long as the trail doesn't go cold. Unfortunately, in this day and age, with all the air pollution and other things, this power isn't actually all that powerful, except in certain cases. This is a combination of a naturally enhanced sense of smell, coupled with a connection to the aforementioned computer-y bits in his head, which allows him to analyze and break down scents.
Inhalant Filter: His nostrils have implanted, self-renewing air-filtration systems, which essentially gives him the protection usually offered by a traditional gas mask, without putting any additional strain on his breathing.
Poison Tolerance: There are many toxic substances in the world, and drugs as well, that can have detrimental effects on individuals. The lethal toxicity dose for Erik is roughly twice as high as someone else of his age and build. Additionally, he is quite drug resistant, which has both positive and negative sides. Drugging him becomes difficult; but even things like antibiotics, tylenol, aspirin, etc, things which typically help, are rendered mostly ineffective as well. This is accomplished through the placement of a cybernetic filtration system in his kidneys and liver, as well as nanites in his blood-stream.
Augmented biology: Erik can recover from injuries at about twice the rate of a normal person. The nanites in his blood-stream assist in a wide variety of tasks, such as platelet generation, creating new blood to replace lost blood, assisting in knitting together broken bones and flesh, etc. These nanites run off of bio-electrical energy, which requires an augmented diet for Erik; high in electrolytes and salt. Because of the way the nanites work to aid his body, he is also capable of great feats of endurance, as the nanites can repair the little tears in muscles that occur from, say, prolonged exercise. Furthermore, the nanites are able to target and eliminate foreign pathogens, giving him a startlingly powerful immune system.
Weapons Interfacing: He is able to hook himself up to anything from fighter jets, to tanks, armored vehicles, rocket launchers with computer guidance systems, etc. This degree of interfacing gives him a very fine control over the usage of the machines. He may interface with only one machine at a given time.
Efficient Sustenance Storage System: The E-3S system is a specially designed system which allows him to store up nutrition and water for long periods of time, much in the way a camel does; the big difference, of course, being that this is the result of technological tinkering, rather than natural adaptation.  If able to fully "stock" himself, he can go about three days without drinking before dehydration even begins to set in, and about five days without sustenance before malnourishment and starvation take hold.

Equipment:
Roland: A six shot revolver, slightly larger in size than a .44 magnum. Fires micro-MIRV grenades (much like a shotgun shell, loaded with twelve small explosive pellets, rather than bb's). Weapons technology advancements makes each of these dozen explosives similar in power to an MK3A2 grenade.
Excalibur: A modified pump action shotgun; all of the pieces are over-sized, but the size and operating mechanism are similar to a standard pump action shotgun. The tube holds six 'shells', and can chamber an additional one, for a total of 7 shots when fully loaded. Excalibur is designed to fire an anti-materiel explosive, which can devastate tanks, and fully destroy lighter armored vehicles, as well as buildings. Humans who have the misfortune of being shot are typically reduced to little more than blood-stains.
Thor: A coilgun, which hurls a small, brick-shaped chunk of high carbon steel. A magazine has ten shots in it. Accurate to 600 meters. Comes with motion-sensing scope. Technically classifies as an anti-materiel weapon.
Perforator:  A high capacity (sixty round) assault rifle, based off of the designs of the AS-val. Comes with a stock with recoil dampening pad, and sound and flash suppression system.  Fires 9x39mm SP-7 (an improvement over the SP-6) rounds. Capable of fully automatic or semi-automatic fire.
Angry Hornet:  A .45 calibur sub-machine-gun, based off of the H&K UMP45. Comes with integrated sound and flash suppression system, recoil dampening pad on the (foldable) stock, expanded 45 round magazine, and forward pistol grip. So named because when it is fired in bursts, it makes a noise reminiscent of buzzing bees.
Reactive-Armor: High quality, full body armor with tactical gloves, boots, and helmet.  In additional to traditional metal and cloth elements, the material is laced with a non-newtonian liquid which provides significant protection against non-explosive anti-personnel weapons.
Turrets: Given enough time and parts, he is able to rig up rudimentary automatic defense turrets. His own 'lair' is outfitted with four independent turrets, each loaded with 300 rounds of .50 caliber ammunition. These turrets are smart enough and equipped with a rudimentary AI and voice system, which issues warnings and asks for passwords to allow for safe passage. He is fully capable of making other turret types, given the right equipment.
Battle-bot: Small, mobile, bipedal or flying robots with mounted weapons systems, traditionally of the anti-personnel variety. Comes with a wireless control system, which he can interface with from up to three miles away. The main limitation of these weapons is his inability to control more than one, and an inability for them to reload themselves.
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

How much more powerful should he be? A little? A lot? Also, sicne it will be relevant to my character's fighting style, what are firearms like? Are we still using chemical ignitions to hurl pieces of metal at people, or have we moved on to lasers and stuff yet?
Check out my poet tree!

Interested

These characters are supposed to be army crushers. lol. :D
Also, your fire arms, could probably be more powerful than a Howitzer since you are one the player characters. :D

Strifesblaze7

TheHangedOne

Edited my sheet, to include new powers, an edit to some of his existing powers, and a new section, which I figured would be applicable. Equipment. Let me know how it is.
Check out my poet tree!

Yukina

I'll join. It will start on my sheet in a bit

Interested

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 14, 2013, 09:28:46 PM
Edited my sheet, to include new powers, an edit to some of his existing powers, and a new section, which I figured would be applicable. Equipment. Let me know how it is.

You can modify everything to be as powerful as I need it to be IC, but that's more like it. :D

Yukina

Name: Maria Masters
Abilities: Photographic memory, robotics, mathematics, physics, swordsmanship, gunslinging
Method Of Power Infusion: "Cyber-Mutagenic"
Specific Powers:
Hardwired Mind: Due to the cybernetic implants in her brain, Maria is able take information and calculate (and graph it out if need be) faster than most current super-computers. She is also able to utilize the internet with said mind, digging up information and using programs from it at lightning speed.
Cybergen Transformation: The mutagens inside Maria's blood stream can use her to grow to kaiju-size. As she grows, she takes on a more cybernetic form due to her mixed nature of her abilities. This form has only been dubbed by its code name, M-01: Cybergen Ace. In massive form, she wields a sword that has the capability to preform energy slashes.
Cybergen Ace
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Cloning: Maria may create independent, but subservient copies of herself. The amount of that can be existing at a certain time is 10 her in her human form, while only 3 in her "Cybergen Ace" form due to the amount of strain it would put on her body to make more then that. Going over those limits results in death soon after.

Equipment:
Cyber Giant: LeoKing: LeoKing is large, lion-themed mecha drone the size of drone the size of M-01: Cybergen Ace. It wields a grey spear and a lion-head shield (which has energy blast capabilities). It also can transform into a tri-wheeled motorcycle form (dubbed "LeoCycle") to provide faster transport for Cybergen Ace. Despite being a drone, it has a cockpit for Maria to pilot it from when she's too damaged to fight as Cybergen Ace. Lastly, it a more agile lion form (dubbed "Leo") that can also be ridden by Cybergen Ace. Due to the shield being its face, the lion mouth can also fire energy blasts.

LeoKing
LeoCycle
Leo

BladeRifle: Maria's personal weapon the can be either in a gun or a sword/

BladeRifle

(Please tell me about possible improvements)