Interest Check: Exalted 2.5 (NC:H, LBGTQA Friendly, All Genders Welcome)

Started by hellrazoromega, July 22, 2015, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

For a Garret style character that would probably be the best way to go honestly.  Gods are just “people that have won the cosmic lottery” and are not deserving of his worship except when he needs something from them.  As for the big ones like the Unconquered Sun, he’s never done anything for him and so why even bother acknowledging him?   

Also I don’t know if the “I’m just lucky” idea works when using his luck too much makes him glow in the dark.  I mean Solars are the pinnacle of their skill before becoming Solar, so he’d probably be justifiably “that good” to start.  Maybe just more have him denying that he has any responsibility to Creation or anyone else but himself despite having these abilities that are supposed to make him a champion. 

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on July 24, 2015, 04:33:07 AM
Also I don’t know if the “I’m just lucky” idea works when using his luck too much makes him glow in the dark.
That part I can almost sort of kind of see, if he doesn't know any Obvious Charms and always, for whatever screwed-up subconscious reason, spends the extra motes to mute his anima when he spends Peripheral.

Zaer Darkwail

I say you cannot be atheist in Creation (as gods are very widely spread and some are quite outright flashy; especially during festivals devoted to them). So Garret may be someone who just does not give no care nor thought for worship or about gods (he simply disregards them and he could even have learned how to steal stuff from god's sanctums albeit in such case he would be obviously using sorcery or a artifact to do so to break in to sanctums).

Anycase ignorance for his nature or simply rejecting any responsibility being a solar could also work. I myself would like go for Zenith slot as a naive pure hearted man (perhaps bit self-righteous) who has not yet faced some harsh truths of life :P. Only lucky because resistance is part of Zenith ability tree.....he sort of would pester Garret not to steal or if he would steal, steal some food for the poor or such XD

Pumpkin Seeds

Thinking I might go Lunar for this one.  Having trouble finding my books though since I moved to this new apartment.

Annaamarth

I would be interested in this game.  I have an old Solar concept for an eclipse that I could rebuild, but I don't recall the "established Solar" rules.  I'll have to look into those while I hunt down my books.

If we are terribly unbalanced Solar/Lunar wise, I'd also be willing to give the whole "lunar" schtick a shot.  I'm not so familiar with them though.

Are Ink Monkeys in effect?  They sort of came out with the Erratta, but I figure I should ask.
Ons/Offs

My sins are pride, wrath and lust.

Caehlim

I would be interested in playing a Lunar.

Edit: Where does the information on the lost lunar castes come from? On that topic I've only got the books for Lunar, Sidereal, Dragon-blooded and Scroll of the monk. It sounds like you're doing some pretty complex stuff with the entire source cannon, are we going to run into troubles as players if we don't have the entire Exalted set?
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Lockepick

To offer up some more details -- I'll be going a male Solar if I can, I'm happy for a Lunar Mate as a PC or a NPC, as long as it's also a dude.

If we're starting off at some higher level of power -- I might consider a Twilight Crafter/Sorcerer -- especially given that I haven't heard anybody else say 'Twilight' or 'Sorcerer' yet.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Caehlim

Quote from: lockepick on July 24, 2015, 08:12:29 AMTo offer up some more details -- I'll be going a male Solar if I can, I'm happy for a Lunar Mate as a PC or a NPC, as long as it's also a dude.

If we're starting off at some higher level of power -- I might consider a Twilight Crafter/Sorcerer -- especially given that I haven't heard anybody else say 'Twilight' or 'Sorcerer' yet.

Well I could match up my lunar with your Solar potentially, depending on how things go. I'm still thinking on ideas but leaning towards a stealthy, infiltrating, shapeshifting focused character.

Lockepick

@Caehilm: I'd love to work with you! Happy to drum up some ideas/dynamics/etc with you. <3

@GM: Having just realized you mentioned using the rules from Dreams of the First Age, a couple of First Age questions that don't need immediate answers -- just stuff that will need to be clarified:
1) Are you using the First Age Backgrounds such as Arsenal/Wealth/Panoply vs Resources? Are we using the Manse/Artifact from LoC or from the normal books for our Splat? 
2) The "Established" rules in LoC state maximums to Abilities/Backgrounds during character creation that contradict the 2.5 rules -- though with the higher numbers, they might be useful? Just might want to clarify which way we're going.
3) Ditto on Bonus Points. LoC stats 15 BP, but 2.5 Errata usually offers 18 BP.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Caehlim

@Lockepick: Awesome. I only just found the thread and haven't thought much about Exalted for a few years, so I'm still just free-associating some ideas at the moment but definitely that sounds great.

Also Riveda's helped me out with some of the details and questions I had before, so I'm a bit clearer on those elements. Thanks Riveda.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Caehlim on July 24, 2015, 08:41:16 AM
Also Riveda's helped me out with some of the details and questions I had before, so I'm a bit clearer on those elements. Thanks Riveda.
You are welcome!

Angie

Riveda/Pumpkin: I should explain the 'atheist' thing as 'denying their divinity'. That's being dropped though.

Also, I assume that Garrett, up to this point, has never had to use Periphery Essence since his only opponents have been mortal-opponents he was beating easily as a regular mortal. I mean he's packing a 10 die pool for any Larceny and Stealth rolls, watch some garden variety guard beat that.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Angiejuusan on July 24, 2015, 11:02:13 AM
Also, I assume that Garrett, up to this point, has never had to use Periphery Essence since his only opponents have been mortal-opponents he was beating easily as a regular mortal.
Per the ST, we're starting more or less as Established Solars per DotFA, not as core-book starting characters. That means we've been kicking around for decades past Exaltation. What's he been doing all that time to challenge himself?

Angie

Oh we've been around for decades? Okay, everything I've been saying about Garrett, drop it-except the pacifist thing. If it's been decades since the Exaltation I can't imagine Garrett not finding out what he is.

Pumpkin Seeds

Will probably resurrect an old one who was a slave in the South and was being used in pit fights.  I'll have to rewrite her story but her final fight was against a "dragon" type creature that she Exalted while fighting the creature and destroyed the arena where she was fighting.  Full Moon warrior type.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pretty in Pink

I'm interested, but I have a quick question, alongside what Muse just said.

What kind of pace are you (the Storyteller), as well as your players, going to be looking for?  I'm not able to guarantee activity right now, and if this game is going to take off like a rocket sled, I should probably not join, even though I REALLY want to play someone's Lunar Mate.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on July 24, 2015, 12:45:28 PM
What kind of pace are you (the Storyteller), as well as your players, going to be looking for?
As a player, I would say that I prefer to post at least once a day, sometimes more often. Less than that and I lose interest.

Angie

Forgot to add in the four specialties that Scroll of Errata hands over. Now Garrett is really good at Larceny and Stealth.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Riveda on July 24, 2015, 12:52:56 PM
As a player, I would say that I prefer to post at least once a day, sometimes more often. Less than that and I lose interest.
I like once per day--But I know RL comes first so I won't get two bent out of shape if people post once every other day, I know it will happen with me from time to time. That said that may mean people may get left behind and will have to live with that if they sign on.

Quote from: Angiejuusan on July 24, 2015, 03:45:31 AM
I specifically built "Garrett" to have a bunch of Charms, and I'm pretty sure everything he has is "non-obvious". I'm just going to have to swap out his Artifact Powerbow for a regular bow because the way this setting seems set up, the moment he reveals he can use that, everyone would immediately go "SOLAR!" Now I'll have to be even more careful in picking charms :P

EDIT: There's a couple awareness charms labeled "Keen Sense Technique" and "Unsurpassed (Sense) Discipline", that are three different charms that all need to be bought on their own. Can we houserule it to where we just get them all?
Those charms will remain as is.
Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on July 24, 2015, 04:33:07 AM
For a Garret style character that would probably be the best way to go honestly.  Gods are just “people that have won the cosmic lottery” and are not deserving of his worship except when he needs something from them.  As for the big ones like the Unconquered Sun, he’s never done anything for him and so why even bother acknowledging him?   

Also I don’t know if the “I’m just lucky” idea works when using his luck too much makes him glow in the dark.  I mean Solars are the pinnacle of their skill before becoming Solar, so he’d probably be justifiably “that good” to start.  Maybe just more have him denying that he has any responsibility to Creation or anyone else but himself despite having these abilities that are supposed to make him a champion.
Yes this^. You can deny that they are “gods” deserving of worship but you can’t deny they are darn powerful (well you can but I would submit that it could be very dangerous with the wrong god—and yes take that as a hint from the ST). That said let me see a write up of how Garrett has denied his nature all this time. Some of is I buy so far—but you’ll really have to sell me on the whole package. I submit that some of it would have to be chalked up to more that “luck.” I am OK with him subconsciously spending the surcharge to “hide” charms but Solars do amazing things that go well beyond even the best of mortal luck. Now if he wants to believe that it all come from him and not from some goodly external source, that I can buy. But I see you are making changes so ignore me  :P
Quote from: Annaamarth on July 24, 2015, 05:31:02 AM

Are Ink Monkeys in effect?  They sort of came out with the Erratta, but I figure I should ask.
Yes. Just please if you use anything outside the Core books please denote the source and page # (In fact that even helps with the Core books)

Quote from: lockepick on July 24, 2015, 08:37:15 AM
@Caehilm: I'd love to work with you! Happy to drum up some ideas/dynamics/etc with you. <3

@GM: Having just realized you mentioned using the rules from Dreams of the First Age, a couple of First Age questions that don't need immediate answers -- just stuff that will need to be clarified:
1) Are you using the First Age Backgrounds such as Arsenal/Wealth/Panoply vs Resources? Are we using the Manse/Artifact from LoC or from the normal books for our Splat? 
2) The "Established" rules in LoC state maximums to Abilities/Backgrounds during character creation that contradict the 2.5 rules -- though with the higher numbers, they might be useful? Just might want to clarify which way we're going.
3) Ditto on Bonus Points. LoC stats 15 BP, but 2.5 Errata usually offers 18 BP.
Answers below

For those just tuning in Welcome.

I think I am going to go with the in media res idea of the heads just hitting the floor and ethe PC’s (and their bondmates) have just finished off a despotic council which ruled a confederation of states, leaving each of the Pairs in control of one of those states.

You know I was thinking about putting this in NC:Human but then I thought---Oh, heck---LunarsNC: Exotic might be better---Thoughts?

And now those details. With the House rules I am modding the Established rules some.
Attributes: 10/8/6.  You can buy up to 5 but none over 5 Lunars get to pick two favored attributes and pick two caste attributes
Abilities: 55 (40 for Lunars) (can go to 5 without BP as per Scroll of Errata) When learning sorcery access charm you learn also a sorcery spell (or necromancy) from same tier for free. Combine all elemental crafts to single ability (every dot gives just knowledge/skill to craft a elemental craft; like 3 dots can teach person do fire, earth and wood crafts with 3 dot expertise). Special crafts like fate, magitech, necrotech are still calculated separately.
Charms: 20 (18 for Lunars)plus every caste and favored ability with even single dot invested yields free first, second or third Excellency with said ability (with lunar it's their caste or their favored attribute dots).
Backgrounds (Solar): 15 Max of 4 W/o BP. Arsenal/Wealth/Panoply can be purchased but only one of the three can be bought to 3 dots the other two are capped at 2 dots, (They cannot go higher even with BP at this point). Manse/Artifact from the normal sources not LoC. Also 3 Dots of Cult for free, and 3 Dots of Command for free (These are also capped where they are and can only go up in game—to reflect the kingdoms you have just seized). Lastly 3 Dots of Henchmen for free (this can be bought up as normal).
Backgrounds (Lunar): 15 and are presumed to share the Dots of Arsenal,Wealth,Panoply,Cult, Command, and Henchmen. So you draw from the same background pool in essence, as these are tied in a way to the city-sate you rule and either PC can contribute points to these shared Backgrounds--the ones which can be bought up, that is. This is part of the advantage of a PC Partner. If you have an NPC partner they share your scores by default.
All characters get the Bond (Solar/Lunar) Background at 5 for free (rules for that are WIP and I will post them soon)
Virtues: 7
Essence: begins at 3 can be bought up with BP. (Your Attributes and Abilities can be bought up to 6 if you buy your Essence up to 6 in game). One free Ox-body per Essence Dot.
BP: 18
Willpower, Charm costs and all the rest as per Scroll of Errata.

Whew--Wall of text, Out.
Questions? Comments? As I have stated I am a flexible ST so if anyone has well thought out, constructive arguments for or against any of the things I have posted, then make your case, I am willing to listen.

ChaoticSky

Also worth wondering; did they ever get Argent Witches finished? Lunars that work on par with Solars might be ideal for this game.

AndyZ

I'll be playing Infinite Sky, a Twilight Crafter.  Looking for a Lunar, don't care which caste.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

hellrazoromega

So I am thinking of having the bond allow some limited sharing of Mote (with a surcharge of course), or granting a small shared Essence pool. Another idea is allowing the Animas of a Pair to combine and affect both Bondmates I am still pondering and open to ideas on this.

Zaer Darkwail

I say with lunars it should go to NC:Exotic (as lunars shapeshifting can bring in potential bestiality to create beastfolks to guard the kingdom example). Anycase for solar bond; there are some good charms to boost it but besides that the bond between solar and lunar can be that they can transfer motes (not favorable manner but still some amount of it, like 10m = 5m for other in close range) and also when they make actions which aid each other they get automatic 1 dice higher stunt rewards.

The anima banner powers could get buffed when they both are totemic (or share each other's totemic animas; full moon lunar mate giving speed boost to dawn solar mate and lunar mate get dawn anima power). This again when they are close together and their animas need blend together.