4th edition DnD (Forgotten Realms)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 15, 2009, 08:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZByte

^__^ Then a charismatic warlord it is!

Edit: Oh!  Yeah... kind of important I mention this... but I've never played the 4th edition yet.  I have the Player's handbook and have learned most of the rules, though, so I'd like to think I'm not completely hopeless!
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam ~ I'll either find a way, or I'll make one.
Ons and Offs

LordAnubis

Since we have a leader then I am going to go with a dwarven ranger.  I've yet to get to play a realy striker character in the local games.  I'm always the leader doubling as a defender.

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe ok. So to list things up;

Leader: ZByte (charismatic dragonborn warlord)
Defender: goalt (human tempest fighter), eavatar* (elven paladin), Voichin* (paladin)
Striker; LordAnubis (dwarf dual-wield ranger), eavatar* (elven ranger, archery maybe?), Voichin* (elven warlock)
Controller: Caehlim (eladrin wizard)

*= Not yet decided which

So, 6 peeps interested so I think I close recruitment expect if any above players back off then there is free spot.

Caehlim

Actually, I've thought about it a bit more and I'd prefer to play a human.

Eaden Tolmin.
Level 3 Human Wizard

Str 10   Dex 13    Con 12   Int 18    Wis 14   Cha 14    (26 point buy, Human bonus to INT)
Alignment: Good.           Religion: Ioun
Languages: Common, Primordial, Deep Speech, Goblin, Giant
Will +3     Ref +1      Fort +1

HP 30, Healing Surges 7

Trained Skills: Arcana, Diplomacy, Insight, History, Dungeoneering
Implement Mastery: Orb of Imposition

Cantrips: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation.
At will: Magic Missile, Thunderwave, Scorching Burst.
Per Encounter: Ray of Enfeeblement, Shock Sphere.
Daily: Sleep, Freezing Cloud.
Utility: Shield, Feather fall.

Feats: Linguist, Ritual Caster, Quick Draw, Jack of all trades

Rituals: Comprehend Language, Make Whole, Silence

Magic Items: Orb of Inevitable Continuance +1 (3rd), Everlasting Provisions (4th), Cloak of Resistance +1 (2nd), Magic Cloth Armour +1 (1st)
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

goalt

You need a 3rd at-will Mr. Human. I recommend Scorching Burst, maybe.

Also, you might want to be level 3.  :P
So, hey. Back now, and ready to write. Woo!
O&O

Caehlim

My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

goalt

Might also want to note we're 26 pb instead of 22, so standard array is weaker  :P
O&O

Voichin

OK. Eavatar, which of these two are you going to play?
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

ZByte

Heh, alright!  I'd like you all to meet Torinn.  His character and mannerisms haven't been fleshed out, but I'd like to post his bare bones stats and setup for everyone's review. 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=103233
Ons and Offs

LordAnubis

Just a reminder for everyone we get any mundane equipment we need/want at the start. DMG page 143.  Since we're starting at higher up.  Had players forget this and spend that money we get on mundane equipment.

goalt

Oh dear. I feel the temptation to horribly abuse that rising.
O&O

ZByte

:D Sailing ship!

It's mundane :3

But really, does that mean I can get stuff like Journeybread?  It seems kind of expensive, even if it's relatively mundane.
Ons and Offs

eavatar

Female Eladrin Paladin. This group are going to need a defender  ;D

Zaer Darkwail

Updated list;

Leader: ZByte (charismatic dragonborn warlord)
Defender: goalt (human tempest fighter), eavatar (elven paladin)
Striker; LordAnubis (dwarf dual-wield ranger), Voichin (elven warlock)
Controller: Caehlim (eladrin wizard)

So, 1 leader, 2 defenders (fighter is quite striker alike but still counts as defender as with two-bladed sword he gets +AC bonus and stuff), 2 strikers and 1 controller.

goalt

She gets the AC bonus and stuff.  :P

And I think I'll go Shock Trooper at Paragon, if we get there, which'll make my double sword damage die a d10.
O&O

LordAnubis

I capped it at horses in my game, but technically yes.  I don't think Zaer will appreciate us buying tons of journeybread and other such things just because we can.  And I think he'll either veto a ship or set us up in the middle of the contient if one of us gets the freebie ship.

LordAnubis

And I'll post a character soon.  I have the stats and everything, it's just the magic items get tricky when I need two magic weapons.

ZByte

Heh, you've got a point.  I'm a big man; I can carry ten pounds of food if I need to.  I've got my weapon, my armor, and my single ranged weapon; a hand-axe.  The little bit of money I have left I think I'll spend on something like fancy clothes or a frill-stud.  On the naughtier side, I've contemplated getting a jeweled slit-piercing, not just for the kink factor, but just in case I needed to sell it to buy something, then taking a moment to reach into my pants and pulling out a piercing would certainly be a mind-blower to most shopkeepers ^__^;
Ons and Offs

Zaer Darkwail

Rofl. Anycase I do allow ships but they may not be on many uses to it besides traveling long distances between locations. Anycase how many of you have forgotten realms player's guide? As there are feats and also info to players who start in certain regions (yes, would be nice know where your from as it does affect char creation slightly).

LordAnubis

Currently don't have a copy of it.  I've been looking online and can't find a copy short of buying it and I'm a little strapped for cash.

If someone knows where I can find a digital copy I'd be most appreciative.  Local Barnes and Noble doesn't have a copy I can page through, though I'd be hard pressed to find feats I'd prefer.  Who doesn't like a striker whose damage range is 5-12 and then strength is added?

ZByte

I have a digital version of it!  If you need it, drop me an AIM message and I'll send it to ya.
Ons and Offs

dready

ooo can i join? since you got a fighter and a cleric i wouldn't mind running as a rouge. ^^ first one i made turned out to be more like a ninja cause he used shuriken all the time. ^^; always threw weapons with only one time that he stabbed a guy because he didn't feel like taking a step back into a wall. X3

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry dready but we are full but if someone backs off the game then there is maybe free spot for your rogue :).

dready

ZByte

Alright!  As far as I know, my character is completely done!  Let me know if I forgot anything, guys, as this is the first 4E character I've ever created.

I had fun with it, though!
Ons and Offs