Dreamcatcher

Started by Captain Maltese, February 07, 2016, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

Chaotic dreams last night, none bearing on the next.

---

I have been granted to travel to a moment in time and take a peek. I choose to go to the family farm (note: this is a real place; it's what I use for a cabin now) shortly before I was born and it is flush with activity. Farm animals, people going to and from, tools are in use. The forest is further away than it is now. I see my relatives, younger than I had a chance to see them. The shed has a young girl working with some food preparation work; I think I know who she is.

---

I wake up on a plane as it descends on some Mediterrean airport near the sea. I am not supposed to be on the plane; there has been some kind of mistake or misunderstanding. Now I am in a foreign city. At the airport there is a a transport and hotel service and I discuss with them what I should do and where I should go. They give suggestions and discuss. I have some misgivings that they will suggest what is best for them, not what is best for me.

---

I am making a weapon. The main components are springs, pvc tubing and marbles for ammo.

---

There is a huge facility. Factory, maybe? I am a kid and there are several other kids coming with me. We have strayed inside and now we can't seem to find our way anywhere. We meet a couple of workers and they seem to have dubious motives for helping us along. Eventually we find some cafe food in a store room, but are separated afterwards.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Captain Maltese

It is winter, a bright day, and I am walking naked in the snow. Other people are also walking in the snow similarly undressed, but I am focused on the animals. I am following a cat, which becomes a dog. A little bit off I can see a weasel in winter fur looking at us.

--

I am sharing a bed with a woman. It seems like a normal day. I go to a store, where two men confront me. The younger looks bashful bit the older seems aggressive, like he wants to tell me something. He asks if I am seeing someone. I answer that I might be seeing several, and what of it? He warns me that I might not know things I should know. I shrug it off. Next morning I am again in the same bed with the same woman, but something is thrown into our bed. It is a baby, but horrifyingly its head is hollow - just the eyes and the back of the skull is there. The woman tells me she doesn't want to talk about it.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Captain Maltese

I am at the cabin once more it seems. It is muddy and rainy, I am working with livestock along with some relatives. The livestock is all wrong though. There is a herd of moose, some deers, and a dozen small elephants.

---

A scene so brief it might be a photo. A meeting or group of standing Native Americans in traditional gear. I see no weapons but there is a feeling of seriousness. These are chiefs, not elders.

---

A military base during WW2, somewhere in USA. I know this because there are German POWs there, and American soldiers as well as civilians arriving to become recruits. I talk with a few of all of them. There is some aggression but also a sense of cameraderie that goes across nationality. The Germans appear to be pilots and seems to be upper class types, talking with ease to their American colleagues. I see a few invalids on the base as well, who have sustained terrible wounds but are in the recovery process. They are there to help teach the recruits.

Captain Maltese

I am at a hotel with two other men; colleagues from a workplace. We are there for a funeral the next day, someone we know professionally but are not close to personally, but during the evening we bump into three women. They ask us if we have come for the 'reds' and when we have no idea what they are talking about, they suggest we go to the underground bar later. We do so. The three women are there and they have dressed up and so have we. It turns out that the 'reds' are a big herbarium filled with many red orchids.

Captain Maltese

Another busy night.

I am holding a boxer captive, or possibly hiding him - either way he seem quite relaxed. Big muscular guy who has parked on my couch and is watching TV. Two of his friends arrive and they proceed to raid the fridge I am restocking.

---

I am waiting for a bus. In a two and neighborhood where I am an outsider. I get on the bus and see I am the only white person in there. It feels like I could be in Detroit. I struggle with showing driver a bus card; I am stressed and fumble my ID papers but eventually get it sorted out and sit down near the driver. A black guy is sitting beside me and he is grinnning to me. Then a pretty black girl fall down into my lap, she laughs and hugs me and remain sitting and I am thinking "Opposite day motherfuckers" but I keep one hand on my wallet.

---

I am deep in a forest. The ground is covered by snow but it isn't deep. One of my oldest living relatives is there with me. I am looking for animals. I have a backpack with a gun but have put it down and am stalking animal footprints. There are many of them. The terrain is very hilly and sight is short. Suddenly I come upon a group of animals. A pack. Several bears with cubs, wolves, and even normal but big dogs. I start taking photos and am very happy, but my relative tell me we should run and she is right. The animals see us and start giving chase. I see white fangs. Our bears are only this aggressive with cubs to protect, and wolves only attack humans if they are famished to desperation. We run. Some of the wolves and dogs keep chasing us and are closing in. I am heading for the pack and the gun but it is a long way off.

Captain Maltese

I meet an Israeli Mossad agent. He is looking for something odd in my neighborhood that I am aware if and I can tell his kind from the questions he asks, and he understand that I understand and we have a conversation. Of sorts. We meet again later at a mall, there are a lot of empty hallways and there is a corpse of a third person.

---

I am driving around a car dealership looking for a cargo entrance, and the place has lots of shiny new and shiny old cars. What catches my attention is that there are people sitting in the cars looking exuberant as if they are imaginating driving them. Some are singing. One is playing a guitar.

Captain Maltese

A military base. French. North Africa, present day or not long long ago. I'm a soldier, it is warm and I am bored. I want to go for a walk. I go to my locker and change from khaki fatigues to some sort of light garments, but I put the wide sash belt back on - it is important to me. Meanwhile, at something like a hotel nearby there is a reception or meeting for an arab leader; white flowing robes, black beard, sunglasses. He is ordering hostile activities in the area.

Captain Maltese

There is a sort of sports training camp. At least a dozen young women in various running clothes, from teen to maybe 30s. High spirits. It's a fairly desolate place; some old huts, a running track. I am arriving there on a horse. I have a brown leather jacket, a cowboy hat, a badge - I'm there because of some kind of crime that has happened or is going to happen. I'm going from hut to hut looking for something. Besides personal effects and some of the girls being in their huts, I notice cats. Lots and lots of cats.

AmberStarfire

I dreamed I made lots of money on one of my design sites. Maybe it's a sign.

Captain Maltese

I'll hope for the best for you, Amber!

---

A nightmare. A busy house, people are coming and leaving, there's a lot of stress. I am wearing much too warm clothes and am sweaty. There is annoying music coming from a small radio and I try to turn it off but I can't find the button that does that. Then another radio starts making noise, and a third, and I want to smash them all but I am too thickly dressed to get a grip.

(Then I wake up. I have wrapped myself into the blanket like a pancake, and the clock radio is on...)

AmberStarfire

Thank you, Captain Maltese. :D

Re: your dream, it's strange how reality filters through into dreams sometimes.

Captain Maltese

I was dozing in bed, putting off leaving bed a few minutes more, and I see a news website with an article titled 'mystery solved'. I get out of bed and I look but there's no such thing. Not yet anyway.

AmberStarfire

I had quite a vivid/detailed dream. It began at some ancient pyramid or archeological site (that had some more modern fixtures). I was there with a number of people, including a RL friend from my old gaming group. We were climbing the pyramid. I didn't like heights, and it didn't seem entirely stable but it seemed safe (and some of it was indoors). I crossed from one part of the pyramid ruin to another, and then it seemed like everyone else had disappeared and I was alone.

I walked into this area like a ruin of a building with no roof/open to the sky, and it was as though it had been decorated a little. I found an altar there, and I knew it belonged to a goddess. I can't remember her name now, but in my dream I knew it. Before reaching it, it was like I was figuring out the meaning of Mhysa (like from Game of Thrones) in my head and it didn't mean what people think. Servant or something like that, but not quite. More like young woman helper.

So I found the altar had a chair and I sat down. The altar was almost like a dressing table, in that it had a flat surface almost like a mirror, only I don't think it was one. An image of a goddess appeared in it, and then I noticed her beside me and she placed a crown on my head. She called me her queen, and the crown was either made of seashells or pearls (I think the entire thing was pearl. There was no metal).

I only got a hint of the goddess beside me and of the crown.  When I saw her in front of me (before and after), she was faded out a bit, but she looked like a beautiful woman with short hair.

After this, she told me now it was my job to entertain her. I woke with a sense of foreboding, like it was now my purpose for the rest of my life to keep her entertained, and I wasn't sure what that meant ahead for me. She'd seemed benevolent but at the end I wasn't sure if she was.

Captain Maltese

A long night's sleep, but bad dreams.

A room. There are several people, well dressed and unarmed, lying dead on the floor. Several others managed to escape. I am one of the bad guys who have shot them. We who remain standing are three. One taller and older man, one shorter rounder man, and me. We don't look like much but are all armed with handguns. This is some kind of robbery. Outside the building there are many cars lined up in rows, so it could be a car dealership maybe. The three of us are start searching the dead men for valuables. We seem to think we have lots of time. The one I am checking out has several bags. There are toys in one of them, and I feel bad and start discussing if there is a way we could send them on to his kids. Then I find some very small gold bars in gift wrapping, like a wealthy company might give to a top connection, and we forget about the toys. Then the police arrive and they start shooting, but they are shooting at a bus out in the lot - I don't know why they'd think we are there. We leave through a door in the other direction, get into a car and drive away. When we get to a shop area we stop and park, and the shorter guy tries to find a way to sell the gold quick but he returns a couple of minutes later without making a sale. Worried that the police might be after us at this point, we turn the car around and drive back in the direction passing by the car dealership because the cops surely won't be suspicious of a car driving in the direction of the crime scene.

Captain Maltese

It is difficult to feel time and place for this. I arrive at a house or farm. Hostel? It feels big but flat. I am a stranger here but am welcome to stay over. There are many people inside; more than a dozen adults and children. I note at least four Asian and a number of western people. Two of the Asians are young girls, the third an adult woman. There is also an Asian man who looks like Yul Brynner with his shaved head. He is wearing a sword and what I assume are traditional clothes. There is a big meal. I sit next to the adult Asian woman and we talk. She is sweet, but also intelligent. I'm interested in her. Later at night it is time to go to bed. Rather than individual beds and bedrooms there are two halls, with many two floor beds standing together (not like in army barracks). In one of the halls all the children find a place to sleep; it is noisy in there. Also the two young Asian girls go there. I find the adult Asian woman in the other room and lie down in the upper bed next to hers, and we talk again. At this point the Asian man arrives as well and lies down beside us and also talks of light matters. I try to figure out their relation but they do not seem to be a couple.

The next day I seek out the woman again. There is some laughter among the other adults as I ask for her whereabouts. Eventually I find her in the bath. The bath is a donut-like, large construction with a table-like platform in the middle. The woman is there bathing, and she has a very small child with her. Then the Asian man show up. He tells me that he is the woman and child's guardian as the child is the descendant/son of the emperor/khan(?) himself. I am overcome with the honor of being in the same room as the child and kneel before him. Then another two men shows up; these ones are white, threatening and has guns. One of the men is big and strong, the other is old and white haired. Both are wearing khaki clothing (not uniforms) and the old one sounds like a politician. The Asian man and me attack them.

The dream ends there.

Captain Maltese

I think I am producing some technical aspect of a movie. It is going to happen under water by a small ship wreck, not deep, and I have a small team. We have a yatch-sized boat. We are situated nearby at an oil production related facility on land. I am wearing a simple diving suit. I can't find the rest of my gear and I am going upstairs, downstairs and upstairs again just find my mask and diving lamp. My team is even less ready. I head out alone in a moss green sea-capable kayak but the waves are unreasonably rough and high and my little vessel is washed over but stays afloat. When I dive, the water is like thin soup but I can see the shipwreck lying upside down.

Captain Maltese

I dream I own a very small shop in a big city. Several people work there. I sell candy, icecream, newspapers. We don't earn enough money so I add books to my offerings. This sell some more, but not enough, and I decide we need to sell warm food as well. This sell very well but now the little shop gets very crowded as a rule. I realize the books are now a fraction of the income but take a lot of room, so we stop selling those.

Captain Maltese

I dream that the world we know is under attack; great ships are coming from outside Earth. There is frantic mobilization and preparations. I line up to enlist but a female officer checks a list and discover I am already set up on a civil defense list. I am very frustrated. An attack comes, outside town. I disobey my orders and sneak in; not to the battle but the area where the ships landed and still are. They are empty, very long and grey and reminds me of giant coffins or boxes lying sideways on the ground. I sneak into an open ship. Although it is all alien there are signs that something is off as military transportation goes. No cryosleep units, no lockers, just rows of little shelves. There are gloves on some. I get a horrible feeling that these ships aren't from out of space at all, but mockup transport made here on Earth.

Captain Maltese

I have not been able to recall my dreams lately. But this morning I woke up with a single word loud and clear on my mind including the spelling. "Chansall." I haven't the foggiest idea what it means.

Merry Gentry

I rarely remember my dreams fully.  Just bit's and pieces, really.  Usually though, I'm running from someone or something.  There is usually some kind of a maze, or tunnels and if I get caught, I know I'm dead or eaten by whatever is chasing me.  Kinda glad I don't remember the whole dream... 
“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

Captain Maltese

This dream was weird. Every name got rubbed in and repeated until I could remember them clearly.

I am Director Shitakana. The one I am addressing is an embarassed man called Nagamara. He is one of my zoo keepers. I am in the midst of scolding him for having lost his temper while among the public. I am saying something along the line of "Losing your temper is bad. Not just for the watching visitors. The animals are watching too. Some of them will have been scared. Others among them, the clever ones, will know of your weakness now and will attempt to use it against you. From now on the CCTV cameras surveilling the park will not just be following the animals and the visitors, but also you and the other keepers.'

Captain Maltese

Some sort of aftermath after a spy operation. A late at night scene outside among wealthy houses. There are two men still there. There has been shooting before I get there. My role is unclear; I am talking to several people I am affiliated with. I am looking at some weapon parts, who seem strangely crude as if they have been made in a garage by an amateur. The trouble is, this belonged to one of our weapons.

Next I am in an underground facility. This one was modern but not scifi, just clean and white and devoid of decorations or windows. Equipment laid out on rows of tables as if ready to be distributed or inspected. There are lots of people I seemed to have met before and know the names of, and they know me and are surprisingly friendly. There is one woman in a lab coat and everyone look fit, but most wear civilian clothes and look casual as if they were about to go hiking or surfing. Also most of them are more long haired than I'd expect. There is a sense of cameraderie, although I am just a visitor and observing. We have a meeting.

When I wake up, neither the underground place nor any of the people seem familiar to me any more.

Captain Maltese

it's a hall meeting of some kind. Industry workers perhaps. The people present, mostly men, all wear heavy duty work clothes. So am I. I'm about to leave the meeting because I need to find my expensive work boots. I have forgot where I took them off and they all look alike. I run along the corridors, trying to find my pair again. I am not having any luck.

Then I see something terribly horrorlike in one machine room. A man decides to make a very bad joke and lies over a complicated circular saw. He laughs, then scream as the saw removes the man's entire genitalia. I close in seeing if perhaps I can help, but I can see strips of bloodieded skin in the machine and I understand it is beyond my skills to help him in any way.

I'm still on the industrial location looking for my boots when a surprise occurs. A pretty hot blonde in a black outfit pounces on me and appears to be very happy to see me. We must have met before. She embraces me and suggests a date, which are surprising developments for me.

Captain Maltese

I have had a recurring dream recently, which is highly unusual for me. I am in a forest. There is foliage. Up on the sky I can see an eagle. I marvel in its glory, then stretch out a hand and the eagle shoots downward like a bullet before it perches on my arm.

----

An odd dream of being in a virtual reality. There is a city, and people, and I wouldn't be able to tell it isn't real except for the way buildings and other elements flicker in and out of place. I am driving some kind of powered bike. I park and go into some kind of subway. There are many people there. I enter a train and we are going somewhere. Many people on board. There is a woman; a stranger. She smiles to me and says something; I reply. I touch her hand and she moves it away, but not right away. I arrive at some sort of water front; there are impossible structures that look like they were built from bricks but they float in the water and have no logical function. I enter the water and dive under, to explore.

Captain Maltese

I wake up abruptly in the middle of the night. Of the dream itself I remember nothing but I have this horrendous feeling of sadness for having killed someone in cold blood. Not regret, nor remorse. Just this sadness that it had to be done. Who, I have no recollection of, but the emotion is otherwise strong and highly specific. Now here is the weird part. I wake up, feel all this, and then I look at the alarm clock. 4:44. I don't hold much with numerology, but it's hard to ignore this because 'four four four' in English is one thing. In Norwegian it is 'fire. fire. fire.' Did I shoot someone? Or was fire of the other kind involved? Do I want to know?