News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocknrolla

Borderlands - or Borderlands, zombie island of Dr Ned to be precise, since I finished the main quest yesters.

I must confess, the DLC is totally off track. I might push meself to play a few more hours but if the spark's not there, I might just give it up altogether - It feels too much like Left 4 Dead.

... And here I was hoping to do the "Armory of General Knox" as a reward for finishing the former. Fingers crossed, ladies & gents... fingers crossed.
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

grayfoxz

Borderlands as well. The ned dlc is not too hot. But knoxx's armory is sweet. As well as my newly accuired robolution dlc. Pretty cool stuff. :)

Hemingway

Just tried the Medal of Honor BETA for a few minutes.

It seems completely, mind-blowingly awesome.

Sabby

Playing Front Mission Evolved and Enslaved. The first is just bad :/ but the second is a nice surprise, especially in this crowded year of high profile sequels. It reminds me a lot of Beyond Good and Evil, Abe's Odyssey and Ico. Beautiful, but really shows a lack of polish... I'm hoping the company continue their work though. It'd be nice to have an Oddworld Inhabitants style company in this day and age.

Geeklet

I'm glad to hear someone else liked Enslaved. I played the demo, and while it didnt seem to offer up anything new that isn't in countless other games, the demo was fun to play while it lasted. Think I might have to at least rent it to check it out.

Wolfy

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

grayfoxz

still dead rising 2, battlefield bad company 2, and the enslaved demo. wanna get that last one :)

Heaven Sent Blossom

Quote from: Sabby on October 05, 2010, 08:49:29 AM
Playing Front Mission Evolved and Enslaved. The first is just bad :/ but the second is a nice surprise, especially in this crowded year of high profile sequels. It reminds me a lot of Beyond Good and Evil, Abe's Odyssey and Ico. Beautiful, but really shows a lack of polish... I'm hoping the company continue their work though. It'd be nice to have an Oddworld Inhabitants style company in this day and age.

They made Heavenly Sword, they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as a dev house that brought us Stranger's Wrath.
Oh and they are heading up the new Devil May Cry, however that's only because Capcom know it's doomed to failure in the wake of Bayonetta so why not just farm it out to a Western dev and blame them for it?

On a serious note I think there's a slight spark in the Enslaved demo, but jesus that combat is not engaging at all. I mean sure it's a step up from Heavenly Sword since, you know, things actually happen when you push the button however unless the game is less than 35% combat I can see it getting tedious very rapidly. I like the concept though and while the demo has actually dropped it down from being a day one purchase for me I'm certainly going to grab it before the end of the year.

Currently I'm wrapping up Dead Rising 2's "story" and I'm going to try to force myself through the campaign of Reach in view of trading them both in at the weekend so I can pick up the new Castlevania (speaking of lousy combat) and get my Belmont on.

Sabby

Quote from: Heaven Sent Blossom on October 06, 2010, 12:15:46 AM
unless the game is less than 35% combat I can see it getting tedious very rapidly.

That's... actually pretty spot on man. Combat takes up a little over a quarter of play time, the rest is platforming and puzzle solving, both of which are pretty good ^^ And some of the boss battles are above average... the killing move on the Demolition Mech is just jaw dropping. Spoilers follow in white text...
Monkey get's on the mech's back and begins to rip it's shoulder guards off, prying them half off and then kicking them finally off. The chains that connect the wrecking ball fists are now exposed. Planting his feet on either side of the Mech's head, he grabs both chains, and in slow motion, rips them all the way out, roaring as the wrecking balls slam back into the arms, breaking them finally smashing the head between them.

Makes my jaw drop every time...

Wolfy

I'm playing around with numbers...

O how I wish there was a way to make math homework more entertaining. >_>

Sabby

Easy. Get a butch male friend to sit and help you, and every time you get one wrong, he performs a wrestling pin.

Oh, wait... you'd probably like that.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on October 06, 2010, 02:32:47 AM
Easy. Get a butch male friend to sit and help you, and every time you get one wrong, he performs a wrestling pin.

Oh, wait... you'd probably like that.

But..but..but...Sabby, You're not a butch male. D:

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Halo Reach
Mass Effect 2
Oblivion
Bleach
Naruto ( DS)
Pokemon Soulsilver.
Saints Row 2

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Hiddenhart

Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar
Dark Cloud
Punch Out! Wii
Infinite Space (DS)
Mabinogi (Computer MMO)

Tonalberry

Picked up Final Fantasy XIV finally the other day, and managed to get my debit card registered for it after a while of the site not wanting to cooperate.  I wish Square released a srategy guide for it.  I know a lot of people would consider using a guide as cheating, or taking the fun out of the game, but I don't.  I have a guide for nearly all my games, and I still manage to have loads of fun, especially since most don't spoil the story.  I'd like one for XIV, cause I'd like to know who to talk to get quests, rather than just having to mill about talking to random npc's.  It's not like WoW, where you've got a nice big, shiny question mark to tell you who to talk to.  And I'm honestly fine with that.  I started my mmo days with Everquest, and there were no shiny question marks in that game.  No right clicking to talk.  No!  You had to go up to them, and type in 'hello'.  or just hit h.  either way.  and to further along the quest, you had to type in, 'what [blank]', or who [blank].  *grumbles about young punks and their newfangled mmo's these days*

AllieCat

Back into City of Heroes, as with my schedule bouncing around like a Pinata in a room of six years old, it's something I can play for a half hour at a time :/

Brandon

Well Ive been playing dead rising the last couple of days and Im not impressed. I wasnt impressed with the older one either except for its ability to be a zombie kill fest. Overall, I think its a rental at best.

Now I have to bite the bullet as Ive been delaying this as long as I can. Next week I'll be reviewing Halo: Reach which means all this week I have to play it. A prospect I am not looking forward to
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Inkidu

Dead Rising impressed the hell out of me but it is a kind of love it or hate it franchise. I am mad they didn't include Survival Mode again. Despite draining health and limited food it added hours to the DR experience.

I picked up Transformers: War for Cybertron today (I was kind of torn; it was that or Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.) and my inner-nerd is ecstatic.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

I can't bring myself to finish a game of Civ5. It takes so long, and when you get to modern times, it feels so .. so much like reality. In a bad way.

Callie Del Noire

Ah CiV.. where when you are playing on Emperor level, you get to the Iron Age you get nuked by Ghandhi.

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on July 11, 2010, 02:50:21 PM
Currently Playing:
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Finally stopped leveling, which is nice...
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth - Yep, still leveling.
Grandia II - I beat the first one on the PS1 many years ago, so I am really looking forward to this.
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - Just started Chapter 10.

So, I finally beat Hoshigami.

Nothing about that game is short.  Everything is long and utterly obtuse.  You are almost fighting the game the entire time because the enemies are built like tanks and there are close to 20 of them on screen.  I did the final tower in three hours and the final fight in two hours.  It was never hard, per say, just extremely long as I truly thought it would never end.  I realized that I had been playing that game for over 20 months, which is really sad.  Thank the gods that it is over and I can move on...

Oh, recently, I went back and beat some old favorites of mine.  I beat Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy X again.  Nothing special, but I had some time on my hands that I wanted to pass by myself and those two games always lift my spirits.

Currently Playing

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Another grindfest, but it is so much better than the first one.  Unfortunately, I'm like only 20 hours into it, so this might take a while.
Vandal Hearts - This is the game that replaces Hoshigami.  I have heard that it plays like Fire Emblem, so I am rather excited.
Grandia II - I am a little over halfway through it.  It reminds me so much of the first game, but just with a mature setting.  It is nice to go back to a simple JRPG.
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - I only have three fights left to go, but I have to do some leveling before I even attempt them.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Wolfy

Still playing Reach.

And I have a feeling I'll be playing it for quite a long time...

Also, must scrounge up enough money to get Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. o-o

Sabby

Oniya

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on October 06, 2010, 09:44:04 PM
Currently Playing

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Another grindfest, but it is so much better than the first one.  Unfortunately, I'm like only 20 hours into it, so this might take a while.
Vandal Hearts - This is the game that replaces Hoshigami.  I have heard that it plays like Fire Emblem, so I am rather excited.
Grandia II - I am a little over halfway through it.  It reminds me so much of the first game, but just with a mature setting.  It is nice to go back to a simple JRPG.
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - I only have three fights left to go, but I have to do some leveling before I even attempt them.

Vandal Hearts was a pretty fun game.  I liked trying to find all the little hidden items.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Got some roms for SNES. Clock Tower and Star Ocean.

Clock Tower is actually scary o.o