Return of An Emperor (MxF)

Started by WhichBard, April 20, 2020, 11:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhichBard

Hello hello! Take a look at this prompt that I have -- and if you're interested check out my Roleplay Preferences. I'll discuss a bit more about the prompt below the quote. PM me if you want to roleplay.

The Emperor marched along the road just like the rest of them. He had brought no horse across the sea, and he had no uniform except what his father had left behind so many years ago. It was a composed of a coat in the old style, now grey instead of light blue and slightly too long on the sleeves, and a hat that sported the brooch and insignia of his house: a sapphire flower. Among the column of old men and rifles, a white banner flew with a raven in blew relief taking flight.

From the sea to the hills, he pretended to have no fatigue. He sweated, but did not pant; he prayed for clouds but asked for no water. He suffered as much as his soldiers, because he knew they loved him for it. The Emperor spent his time speaking to the enlisted, recalling their names and asking what they would do when they were reunited with their families. How old were their children? When was the last letter they had received from their spouses? He noted the things they told him, cracked a joke with them, and smiled at any worries they presented him. The Emperor's father had not cared for them; His father had held them in contempt. Commoners, the lot of them, but loyal to a fault. When his father perished, and he remained... He had taken up his father's mantle. He swore to take back his rightful throne, reunite the Old Guard with their families, and bring justice and stability to the land his father had been exiled from. A pair of ships, a thousand men, and twenty miles inland, the young emperor met his first opposition.

A division of soldiers he recognized blocked the dirt road with rifles ready. The emperor's men began to move into their blocks and lines readying to fight the enemy, but he held up a hand to still them in their tracks. They were commanded by a woman, in the tradition of the rebels, but he ignored them.

The Emperor stepped forward, halfway between the Old Guard and the soldiers blocking his path.

"You served my father.I have no magic to defend me like your commander. If you would shoot your rightful Emperor... Here I am."

The basic premise for the beginning is similar to Napoleon's return to France. In this idea, the heir to a fictional/fantasy empire returns from the exile where their father lived, and regains control of a whole nation that has been suffering from poor leadership. The surrounding countries immediately form an alliance to depose the new emperor, and the drama of the larger plot unfolds as a war has to be fought. This can go a few different ways from the base idea. The Emperor could be an Empress, for instance. The commander of that initial division or some other leadership figure could be YC. YC could be an opposing commander, an assassin/spy, etc.. It could also be an ensemble, or a GM'd story where you play the Emperor/Empress and I run the NPCs/world around the politics and clever battleplans YC has to employ.

It's a pretty malleable basic premise, but I feel like it's a strong premise. It can be erotic, action adventure, drama, some combo of these themes, etc.. I'd also like to include magic, but that is a very light preference if we'd rather stick to a fictional/semi-historical setting. It also can just be total sword and sorcery fantasy, or science fiction... as I mentioned, a pretty malleable basic premise.

PM me if interested!