Valentine's institute for unique individuals (Mad Scientists)

Started by NateValentine, April 02, 2014, 09:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NateValentine

This is an idea for a Mad Scientist style role play, taking place in the institute mentioned in the title, V.I.U.I (pronounced View-ee for those wondering)

Setting: Valentine's Institute for Unique Individuals. An educational facility for those aged 18-25 with a villainous unique outlook on life. The Institute features four houses (Kinda like hogwarts, but without the magic and with a heck of a lot more science.) and is set on an island far from civilization.

Houses: The fours houses basically determine where character's bedrooms are and what their Institute outfit (the outfit worn during classes) is. They're listed below. (I'm open to new houses if good suggestions are made.)

House one: The house of the mind.
This is for characters that are kind, empathetic and sociable. Institute outfit is a basic blue shirt and trousers/skirt. The house dorms are located on the beach of the island.

House two: The house of the needle.
This is for characters that are good with puzzles, logical and also interested in combat. Institute outfit is a typical doctor's/nurse's outfit. The house dorms are located in the forest, north of the beach.

House three: The house of the shadow.
This is for characters that are nimble, quiet and good at sneaking. Institute outfit is a black stealth outfit. The house dorms are located underground, the entrance is just west of the house of the needle dorm.

House four: The house of the beaker.
This is for character that are scientific, stable and reliable. Institute outfit is a white lab coat. The house dorms. are located at the eastern-most point of the island, on a cliff.

Story
One day, after getting back home, you notice a letter at the door, opening it shows the letter below.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Hello there, unique individual! You have been selected for a wonderful opportunity!Do you love long walks on the beach, candlelight dinners and local entertainment!? Yes? Well tough because we only have one of those at Valentine's Institute for Unique Individuals. However, we do have state of the art educational facilities and a reasonably low fatality rate!Warning; fatality rate not actually low. just fill in the form included in the letter and the tranquilizers will kick in in no time!
After filling in the form, you suddenly feel dizzy, collapsing to the floor. When you wake up, you're on a large boat, sitting on a metal bench with a large amount of other 'applicants'

The form
Please fill in the details below to get started on your wonderful journey!
Name:
Personality:
House:
Relationships with other 'applicants' (If any):

I'll be taking the part of the head of the facility if needed, and the part of one of the House of the needle applicants.

steelsmiter

I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

NateValentine

Well, I'm just looking for people to join and sort of mess around in the world I guess. I mean, I don't have a solid set story to be followed. I was just looking for people to join the Institute and live a life in it as a character. Does that answer your question?

Vanetias

NateValentine

Vanetias

NateValentine

I don't think It's going to be too realistic. Kind of a dystopian school style of roleplay.

Vanetias

NateValentine

Vanetias

Not an expectation, I hope that this would be a Light:Human Group. :-)

NateValentine

Ah, okay. I've caught on. Well, yeah. It should be light:human unless we have a lot of people wanting other-wise. But, that doesn't seem too likely. So, it should be light.

steelsmiter

Quote from: NateValentine on April 03, 2014, 06:02:47 AM
Ah, okay. I've caught on. Well, yeah. It should be light:human unless we have a lot of people wanting other-wise. But, that doesn't seem too likely. So, it should be light.
That's what I was looking for. I'll keep an eye on the thread before I make any decisions.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

NateValentine

Alright then, friend. I hope you consider joining, Steelsmiter.