Deception: Murdered in Hong Kong Second Running OOC

Started by Galactic Druid, March 07, 2016, 01:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

That's a full game! I'll start drafting roles soon, and make the board tonight.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

It looks like the die roll for FS is between Ryven, mia, and Christa, unless anyone else chimes in before lunch.

Galactic Druid

Okay, question for everyone. I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it's a good one...

With this many players, the investigators have a lot of guesses, and plenty of chances for the witness to hide behind someone. In the interest of giving the criminal team a bit more of a fighting chance, I was thinking of trying this rule, which I couldn't pull off in a tabletop setting;

Instead of rolling the dice and assigning the roles of murderer and accomplice to individual players, I'd instead roll 2 players that would be the Criminal Team. They'd get the same group PM along with the FS, but instead of me naming the murderer and asking them to pick, the criminal team would decide which of the two of them would get to be the murderer and the accomplice. The murderer would still pick only from their own set of cards and gameplay would continue from there as normal, it would basically just give the evil team a little bit more options during the setup.

As always, the witness would learn that those two individuals were seen at the crime scene, but since they never learned who was the murderer and who was accomplice anyway, it wouldn't have any impact on their role either.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Try the criminal team rule, or stick to passing out specific roles?

Mintprincess

Bruja

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Galactic Druid

mia, I promise I'm never trying anything like that again. I learned my lesson...

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Galactic Druid

And I'm still really sorry guys. I feel like such an ass since that round...

Ryven

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 06, 2016, 12:35:34 PM
Okay, question for everyone. I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it's a good one...

With this many players, the investigators have a lot of guesses, and plenty of chances for the witness to hide behind someone. In the interest of giving the criminal team a bit more of a fighting chance, I was thinking of trying this rule, which I couldn't pull off in a tabletop setting;

Instead of rolling the dice and assigning the roles of murderer and accomplice to individual players, I'd instead roll 2 players that would be the Criminal Team. They'd get the same group PM along with the FS, but instead of me naming the murderer and asking them to pick, the criminal team would decide which of the two of them would get to be the murderer and the accomplice. The murderer would still pick only from their own set of cards and gameplay would continue from there as normal, it would basically just give the evil team a little bit more options during the setup.

As always, the witness would learn that those two individuals were seen at the crime scene, but since they never learned who was the murderer and who was accomplice anyway, it wouldn't have any impact on their role either.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Try the criminal team rule, or stick to passing out specific roles?

I don't see this affecting the rules, so let's do it.

yugi006

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 06, 2016, 12:35:34 PM

I'm up for it.

Galactic Druid

Remi, mia h,MP, yugi,  Rapt, Christa, Mint, and pheonix w/Ryven

Galactic Druid

Oh my god, I just spent several minutes trying to figure out why I had too many players when I was careful with my invites.

* ThatRPGuy boots the second Ryven.

There we go.

Galactic Druid

The dice has chosen Ryven to be the next scientist!

Galactic Druid

Roles are out, and now I collect information before we begin. I think I may have forgotten to put a subject for a few of the role PMs a sent, so please before sure to check for any (No Subject) PMs from me.

Ryven

Phoenixrisen

~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Galactic Druid

Ryven

Are we not started yet?  I'm dying to get this shindig kickin'.

mia h

Quote from: Ryven on April 07, 2016, 03:35:37 PM
Are we not started yet?  I'm dying to get this shindig kickin'.

No we have to wait until Minty has killed someone in the Dining Room with the Lead Pipe.

Dammit, wrong game again!
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Phoenixrisen

New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Ryven

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on April 07, 2016, 03:51:50 PM
Someone is bound to own Clue...

There needs to be a "Board Game" key evidence card with the image of Clue on it.

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Ryven on April 07, 2016, 04:06:05 PM
There needs to be a "Board Game" key evidence card with the image of Clue on it.

That would be adorable.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Mintprincess

Quote from: mia h on April 07, 2016, 03:37:27 PM
No we have to wait until Minty has killed someone in the Dining Room with the Lead Pipe.

Dammit, wrong game again!
oh darling if I'm going to kill someone it won't be in the dining room .....