Marvel Avengers [A New Hope] - OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS

Started by Josietta, September 23, 2015, 02:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 23, 2015, 07:56:24 PM
*tackles and licks*

*purrs and cuddles*

I updated the character listing. I still need confirmations from Von Doom and wander on which characers you all want reserved.

Also to toss this out, we won't be doing 'villains turned hero'. Either they are one now or aren't. There is no gray area, with the slight exception of the Punisher.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Josietta on September 23, 2015, 08:09:44 PM
*purrs and cuddles*

I updated the character listing. I still need confirmations from Von Doom and wander on which characers you all want reserved.

Also to toss this out, we won't be doing 'villains turned hero'. Either they are one now or aren't. There is no gray area, with the slight exception of the Punisher.

Uhm... I suppose you'll want me to rewrite Wanda's history then? Cause she and Pietro are basically always villains-turned-heroes from what I can remember. o.O
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Kadigan

I'd like to perhaps put in for psylocke. Looks very interesting.

LunarSage

BP, Josi means established villains who were never heroes in the comics are not allowed.  Like we wouldn't allow a hero version of Dr Doom for example.  Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Rogue are examples of characters that canonically already became heroes, so you're good.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

LunarSage

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on September 23, 2015, 08:18:45 PM
I'd like to perhaps put in for psylocke. Looks very interesting.

We'll put Psylocke down as reserved for you.  Welcome aboard.  :-)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: LunarSage on September 23, 2015, 08:20:12 PM
BP, Josi means established villains who were never heroes in the comics are not allowed.  Like we wouldn't allow a hero version of Dr Doom for example.  Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Rogue are examples of characters that canonically already became heroes, so you're good.

Ooooh, I see. :D I will start puttering with sheets tonight then, most likely. Prolly won't finish them, but I'll start them. :D *excited bouncing*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Kuroneko

Questions!

1. If you don't have a canon character on the list, does that mean they can't be played?

2. What forum will this game be placed in?
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Josietta

If you don't see them on the list feel free to ask about them and we'll work with you and give them a tier level.

As for what boards, we are looking into placing it into the Light Exotic Small Groups section. Unless we find need to put it into Bondage but I don't see that happening.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kuroneko

LunarSage

Callisto is kind of grey as far as being a hero but if you wanted to play her you'd need to determine whether she's still defacto leader of the Morlocks in Storm's stead or perhaps she's independent in this version.

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

wander

Well, I'll narrow down to Hawkeye and Nightcrawler, if I had to pick one... Probably I'd go for Hawkeye. For both I'd be playing their comic versions, just because they're cooler. The recent Hawkeye solo series was great, just a shame the issues got delayed more and more. I never finished it as I waited two months for an issue to come out and when I read it I forgot what happened before. So yeah.

Anyway, it'd be cool if someone could pick up Kate Bishop. I need a hipster chick sidekick turned kickass partner to bounce off of. ;)

Elysian Radiance

Adding Lady Kat Eyes as my face claim reserve. ^^
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

wander

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 23, 2015, 08:53:24 PM
Adding Lady Kat Eyes as my face claim reserve. ^^

Ah lovely. ^^

I picked up Inhumans: Attilan Rising #5 today. I need to read that, as it's been fairly interesting up to now. My other Secret Wars book being Marvel Zombies, starring Elsa Bloodstone. I'm calling the little kid travelling with her is a dupe of her from another Domain. Roll on the finale so I can see if I'm right.  8-) ;D

Kuroneko

Quote from: LunarSage on September 23, 2015, 08:45:35 PM
Callisto is kind of grey as far as being a hero but if you wanted to play her you'd need to determine whether she's still defacto leader of the Morlocks in Storm's stead or perhaps she's independent in this version.

Nods. If I played her she'd most likely be independent.

Bloodied Porcelain

I don't know who she is (hair model of some kind, from what I have found) but this will be my Jubes:

Correction, I might also be using this one, another hair model:

I'm also looking at other models, trying to find one I might like more.

I'm also claiming Elizabeth Olsen for Wanda.

wander

The second lady looks more Jubes to me, if you wanted an opinion. :)

VonDoom

Quote from: LunarSage on September 23, 2015, 08:20:12 PM

I maintain that he was always a hero, merely maligned!  >:)

I'll see about writing up Ghost Rider, yes.  And would appreciate if someone might help me regarding a face claim for Danny. Not really good at finding suitable stuff ... and not a huge fan of actual photos for drawn characters, so likely to be overcritical. Going for the original, Mark Texeira look.

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

LunarSage

I think Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester from Supernatural) might make a great Daniel Ketch.

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: VonDoom on September 24, 2015, 12:17:49 AM
I maintain that he was always a hero, merely maligned!  >:)

It's like I say about Illidan from WoW. He's not a bad guy... just severely misunderstood.  ;D
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Aiden

Came looking for wolvy...tentative interest in Capt A since he is taken.

VonDoom

I'll have a look at some older pictures of Dean Jensen, but I'm still wrestling with myself. The game and people involved seem awesome, but adding real faces and actors to comic book characters just... really rubs me the wrong way. I don't want to derail the recruitment thread with further opinions on this, but I think I might actually start a discussion thread on the subject sometime.

O&O

LunarSage

VonDoom, you'll have to decide for yourself whether using real life pictures for characters is something you can live with for this game, because it's something we ask that our players do.  No hard feelings either way, but that's a policy that's not going to change.  You can use comic pictures alongside a real picture if you'd like, but we require at least one "face picture" that's not an illustration.

LunarSage

Quote from: Aiden on September 24, 2015, 03:46:19 AM
Came looking for wolvy...tentative interest in Capt A since he is taken.

Noted, Josi will add your name to the list, Aiden.

VonDoom

Aye, I'll mull it over. Also made that thread, if you're interested in talking about it.

If you're still looking for more female tier three examples, a few who occur to me:
Moondragon, Frankie Reyes Nova, Storm on a good Chris Claremont day, Carol Danvers during her Binary period, maybe Clea.

Edit: whoops, already had Nova. Sorry.

O&O