Interest Check: The Siege of Castle Creeperguarde

Started by Xenolord, April 17, 2012, 12:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

Quote from: Revenent on April 20, 2012, 03:44:46 PM
Speaking of, are we going to have Endermen walking around, or is that getting into spoiler territory? I imagine they would be an utter pain in the ass for the castle, since they could just teleport inside with no problem.

I was considering asking this, but Endermen would be extremely difficult to implement.

They attack when you look at them?  How do you handle that in a forum game?  It'd be like trying to do Weeping Angels.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Xenolord

Endermen will play a role in the general plot, but they will not be fight-able enemies. Don't worry. But you WILL see them once in a while. That and the Ender Dragon, of course, and Ender Generals.

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Xenolord

Good news everyone! I've got PICTURES!

I spent a week building this little castle in Minecraft Hope you all enjoy it.

Entrance By Sea
Causeway from Arrivals to the Castle Proper
Another Causeway Shot
The Castle Itself
Outside of the Barracks Building
Barracks Floor One: Personal Storage
Barracks Floor Two: Sleeping Area
Firing and Swordplay Range
Bridge to Firing Range
Arrival Gates, Outside
Arrival Gates, Inside
The Bulletin Board
Trams to Barracks Buildings and Farms

It should be noted. There are seventeen barracks buildings to house all 200+ people from the castle. There is a forest for logging just outside (Accessable from the Arrivals Area), and a dock for the fishing fleet. Any questions? Please ask.

AndyZ

Is there any way you can put this world up somewhere so that those of us with Minecraft can explore it?  I feel like I have no real idea where things are in relation to each other.  It does look cool, though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Revenent

I'm not seeing how you get into the castle from land, either.

Xenolord

There is a land route, and I do believe I can put it up for you guys... gimme a few to find a way to do it.

Belisuavious

So is it safe to assume that my CS has been approved? Also, I'm jumping into the "not played minecraft" boat, though I do have a good idea of what goes on in the game from watching my friends and listening to my brothers.

Belisuavious

So, not to come off as being naggy or impatient, but is this still going on?

Revenent

Xenolord

Yes. It is. I am MADLY looking for a method of uploading the map of Castle Creeperguarde so you can all get a feel for how the castle's set up.

Every character sheet posted so far has been approved. If anyone here knows of a sure-fire way of getting this map to peoples (Already got it zipped up and everything) please let me know. Hell, I would even take EMAILING it, if that's how you want to go (Know some people are a little sketchy about willy-nilly giving their emails out to strangers on the interwebs, so we'll keep that as a back-up of a back-up of my back-up.)

I profusely apologize about the delay, and will post again when everything's said and done.

Revenent

Have you tried Mediafire? That's where I've seen most people upload their maps, if I'm remembering right.

MagicalPen

I'll have to make a CS.

Might me easier to email it to everyone.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Revenent

I have no problem giving you my email to send it to if it makes this easier for you, honestly.

Xenolord

Revenent, you are a god among men. It's uploading now, and I will edit this post with the link when it FINISHES! *Glares at Mediafire.*

AndyZ

Character Name: Nadia
Description: With a shortage of materials, as well as the lack of air conditioning, Nadia prefers to dress loose and casual.  If anyone ever commented on her outfit, though, she'd almost certainly force herself to wear something less revealing no matter how hot or humid it got.
Occupation Before Event: N/A
Occupation in Castle: Inventor
Schedule: Nadia doesn't really get a lot of sleep, and when she can manage to bed down, she's often woken with nightmares.  From time to time, she simply passes out and sleeps for a very long time, before beginning the cycle anew.  She doesn't conform well to the normal cycles.
Possession: She used to have a pink plastic Princess Wand when she first came over, but she dropped it when first running from the monsters.  She's since forgotten all about it, although having it returned might bring her to tears with both the pain of being trapped in this strange world and some relief at the memory of her lost life.
Carrying: She carries a leather pouch at her hip which is reminiscent of a purse, often holding all sorts of things like redstone or a crude design she's working on.
Equipped: She carries a flintlock pistol, which requires gunpowder to use and must be reloaded between each shot.  She's trying to figure out how to make it work through redstone, or to be reusable, but so far she hasn't been able.
Likes\Ons: Although she often seems shy, she responds well when people are caring and gentle with her, and the best way to help her get some pleasant sleep is to hold her while she has an orgasm, perhaps stroking her hair or humming a lullaby.
Dislikes\Offs: She hates when people laugh at her invention failures or do too much to remind her of home, which she still badly misses.  She also doesn't respond well to force: sometimes it works, but she ends up holding a grudge.
Orientation: Although she has a little bit of interest in boys, she's much more attracted to girls, even if she tends to be shy and let the other girl take the initiative.
Strengths: Nadia has a strongly inquisitive mind which helps her invent all sorts of things.  Her current progress is working on spikes that push up out of specific holes in the ground, powered by redstone when triggered by pressure plates.  She hopes to be able to aid the warriors by showing them where to step and perhaps be able to completely protect the castle with them.
Weaknesses: Having lost other friends, not being able to find the castle for a while and other problems have left her with terrible nightmares.  She doesn't sleep well, she's often tired, and she fights her body to the point of collapse so that she doesn't have to suffer through the dreams.  The stress of day-to-day life in Castle Creeperguarde has been getting to her rather severely.
Favored Target: She has a strong hatred for Creepers.  Even though she rarely does much fighting, sometimes she stands upon the edge of the wall, watching for creepers to shoot down and keep them from taking any more lives.

Xenolord

*BASH BASH BASH* C'mon, Mediafire, It's only 13 megs! It's not all that - You've been on 'working' for THREE DAYS NOW! C'mon!

*Groan* Okay, so, at this point, we've got two options. Either A: We continue to wait for Mediafire to not be retarded, or B: Everyone PM's me their emails, and I send it that way, then delete all memories of your addresses.

Which do you guys prefer?

Also, Approved, Andyz

AndyZ

Do we really need to send it out?  I think we can just BS it.

Xenolord

Good news, everyone! After four days and many, many almost Computercides, I have it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?75xlkbla75g9ctb

If you want the map, here it is. I trust you all know how to install Minecraft saves on your game, right? If not... here's the plotitudes.

Open your %appdata% folder, then the .minecraft folder. Simply drop the file into the saves folder. Boom done.

Keep in mind, that the actual map only has 1 Barracks and 3 Farms (A wheat, a sugar cane and a Melon), but the actual one has about 7 barracks buildings and nine farms. Thought you'd like to know.

Revenent

I took a look at it. Very nice work.

Though I have to ask, if everyone has to be inside the castle when the gate is shut, why are the barracks outside the castle?

Xenolord

I... wasn't thinking when I did some of that stuff. I think I might make the barracks inside the castle, as the castle itself is a scale model in Minecraft, probably at about a 1:20 scale. The barracks were added after I did the castle, and I was a little tired at the time, so I did... a few admitted retarded things.

Revenent

Oh, it's not so bad, I just got a little confused. Since I have a semester off starting in a couple weeks, I could probably go and try to make a 1:1 scale version, if you want, with barracks and everything. Not promising anything, but it could be an interesting project.

Xenolord

I... won't stop you, man. Might I suggest Superflat terrain for that, though.

I would like to introduce a few of the semi-important people in the castle. These are NPCs, and therefore can be hijacked\controlled by anyone.

Head Lumberjack Micheal Ross: Micheal is the head Lumberjack of the castle. He counts all the lumber that passes into the castle, and makes sure all the other lumberjacks are both physically fit, as well as fit fighters.
Personality: Micheal is a teddybear personally, but when it comes to his job, he becomes a bear. Those who are Lumberjacks know to be deadly serious when Micheal's in the area.
Sexuality: Straight
Sleep Schedule: A

Head Stonemason Natasha Ireland: Natasha is the head of the Stonemasons in the castle. She is often referred to as 'Cheif Engineer', but that is only in regards to the castle's repair during the day.
Personality: Natasha is a sweet woman who uses her charms and looks to get people to do what she wants. She is friends with the Guard Captain and all she meets. Don't let that fool you, though. She is a shrewd negotiator and a very smart woman.
Sexuality: Straight

Sub-Guard Captain Elizabeth Miura: Elizabeth is a calm, collected woman who often thinks her way through most problems. She is often seen, in combat, as the more level-headed of the two guard captains, though she ultimately deferrs to Erizen.
Personality: Sweet and caring, Elizabeth is often seen as an armored flower, caring and beautiful one minute, but deadly the next.
Sexuality: Bi
Sleep Schedule: B usually.

Chief Miner Dominic Fredricks: Dominic is the head man underground. She's strong in mind and body, and isn't afraid to show it. Though he commands the miners, he isn't a total hard ass.
Personality: Though strict, he does get his work done, and he is loved by all his miners.
Sexuality: Bi

I'll have the actual threads up in a bit.

Xenolord

Kairi

Hey all, I'm so sad you guys sound like your getting started ok, sorry I couldnt join. been so busy but I'm wishing you the best of luck and a long roleplay :D!
Through Shattered Glass and Broken Eyes,
I See Your Words, I Know They're Lies.