Fantasy Transformation Battle Arena

Started by Rune, September 24, 2012, 02:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

You can use fists, feet sword or gun and it will be resolved as a physical attack. How you attack is cosmetic flavor text, the method will remain the same.

Likewise, magic can be any one of a number of spells. it can be lightning, magical webs, even mind control or hypnosis.

Seduction does not have to be about sex. It can be about earning respect, friendship, intimidation, etc.

Kimera

Looks interesting, I might make a character, if you are still looking for more

Cessali

CalypsoNymph

Oooh, I promised myself that I wouldn't join any more group RPs... until you found my weakness.

I LOVE the idea behind this.  It hits... pretty much everything that I like.  ^^;  And I can have winning or losing!  Haha!

I'm going to create a character.  Like, now.

EDIT:  Oh, right, before I forget, I notice introductions to the world have already been done; what does that mean for character who come in after that?  Do they have to wait for the little goat man to introduce them to the world, or are the retroactively there, or is there a sign of some sort?

I'm into transformations (mental and physical), gender bending (preferably male to female), mind control, forced impulses, love, wants/desires, etc. etc. etc., and being the sub... though I am learning to be a cruel Dom.  ;D  If you're interested in any of this, either PM me or take a look through my ons and offs or my cravings, and then PM me!  ;D

Zaer Darkwail

I think you can write yourself in to appear any time or spot, with or without goatman.

CalypsoNymph

Quick minor question -- my character has just lost a battle, and must now fight their next fight in the boss's name.  Um.  How does that work?  He can't exactly challenge anybody, after all.  Negative reputation and all that jazz.

I'm into transformations (mental and physical), gender bending (preferably male to female), mind control, forced impulses, love, wants/desires, etc. etc. etc., and being the sub... though I am learning to be a cruel Dom.  ;D  If you're interested in any of this, either PM me or take a look through my ons and offs or my cravings, and then PM me!  ;D

Chaeronea

Dammit.

One of my favourite group RPs that was shut down is due to restart, and now this game shows up. Arena combat, superhuman fighters, a new game system I haven't played before, all leading to a check to RP a character I haven't played in ages - way cool. Transformation isn't one of my kinks, but it just gives me more motivation to make sure my character wins :) Also considering the amount I've screwed this character over in his background it could be interesting to play him dealing with whatever gets inflicted on him. Not that I'm going to play him to lose, but who wants to play a Mary Sue that wins effortlessly all the time?

Rune, with the attributes, are there any guidelines on how the numbers relate to real-world figures? Just how strong is someone with Strength 6? Or how fast and agile is someone with Reflexes 6? Also, how do the Magical attributes relate to characters who don't cast spells? I'm thinking of doing an X-Man type character with energy-based powers, so would these attributes be used for these powers where they aren't used in straight melee and blast attacks?

Also, would you have any objection to me having a bit of a flashback in my intro post, showing my character being manipulated into joining this tournament?

Rune

Quote from: CalypsoNymph on October 06, 2012, 02:36:08 PM
Quick minor question -- my character has just lost a battle, and must now fight their next fight in the boss's name.  Um.  How does that work?  He can't exactly challenge anybody, after all.  Negative reputation and all that jazz.

In your next fight, if you win, you will earn +2 rep. The person you will be fighting for (your Boss) will gain +1 rep as well. If you loose, you lose a point of rep, your Boss does not loose any rep.

Rune

Quote from: Chaeronea on October 07, 2012, 01:38:24 AM
Dammit.

One of my favourite group RPs that was shut down is due to restart, and now this game shows up. Arena combat, superhuman fighters, a new game system I haven't played before, all leading to a check to RP a character I haven't played in ages - way cool. Transformation isn't one of my kinks, but it just gives me more motivation to make sure my character wins :) Also considering the amount I've screwed this character over in his background it could be interesting to play him dealing with whatever gets inflicted on him. Not that I'm going to play him to lose, but who wants to play a Mary Sue that wins effortlessly all the time?

Rune, with the attributes, are there any guidelines on how the numbers relate to real-world figures? Just how strong is someone with Strength 6? Or how fast and agile is someone with Reflexes 6? Also, how do the Magical attributes relate to characters who don't cast spells? I'm thinking of doing an X-Man type character with energy-based powers, so would these attributes be used for these powers where they aren't used in straight melee and blast attacks?

Also, would you have any objection to me having a bit of a flashback in my intro post, showing my character being manipulated into joining this tournament?

The magic rules would be used for mutant powers as well. It is more of a descriptor than an actual effect. Figure that stats are on a scale of 1-10. In the original DC rules, 2 was human average. For every additional point, you would twice as good. I look at it as more of a scale of 1-10 with 1 being poor and 10 being the maximum potential a character has.

I have no problem with you providing a flashback if you so wish.