Rise of the Horde(Recruiting: Fantasy, Slavery, Extreme, Sandbox)

Started by Drake Valentine, January 06, 2016, 12:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Roen

Alrighty, so after discussing this with Shii, I've decided to play a human slave, ex-battle-priest.

I gather that magic is restricted, would priest-healing be considered magic? I suppose it's borne of prayer and the gods?

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Roen on June 26, 2016, 09:56:12 PM
Alrighty, so after discussing this with Shii, I've decided to play a human slave, ex-battle-priest.

I gather that magic is restricted, would priest-healing be considered magic? I suppose it's borne of prayer and the gods?

That is fine.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Drake Valentine

Monthly Bump: As thread was created January 06, 2016, 12:33:54 AM and it is now July 06, 2016, 03:14 PM

Slaves still needed.
Citizens needed.
Masters/Mistresses will likely remain restricted for awhile unless pairing with someone seeking,

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Lindrea

So, I'm totally interested in this.  I'm working on an application right now, but I had a few questions about the world.

How do magic and technology work together?  Are there things like Technomancers (those who fuse their magic into technology)?  If so, I think that would make for an interesting character idea. :)

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Lindrea on July 06, 2016, 06:37:01 PM
So, I'm totally interested in this.  I'm working on an application right now, but I had a few questions about the world.

How do magic and technology work together?  Are there things like Technomancers (those who fuse their magic into technology)?  If so, I think that would make for an interesting character idea. :)

Hello and thanks for the interest. ^^

As for the inquiry, I honestly haven't put that much thought into it, really the first to arise such a question.

I honestly am not too familiar with technomancy though. So I will have to read up on it somewhere to get general idea of what it all involves.

Quote from: Starcry on July 06, 2016, 08:40:29 PM
Bookmarking. :3

Thanks for interest. ;3

Lindrea

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 06, 2016, 08:49:11 PM
Hello and thanks for the interest. ^^

As for the inquiry, I honestly haven't put that much thought into it, really the first to arise such a question.

I honestly am not too familiar with technomancy though. So I will have to read up on it somewhere to get general idea of what it all involves.

Thanks for interest. ;3

The basics of it, I suppose, would be applying magic to technology.  Making the tech work off of magic instead of whatever it would normally use.  So.. instead of a firearm of some sort shooting bullets, you'd have gun that maybe shot fireballs or something.  I guess it'd be more like magical item creation, in a way.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Lindrea on July 06, 2016, 08:51:00 PM
The basics of it, I suppose, would be applying magic to technology.  Making the tech work off of magic instead of whatever it would normally use.  So.. instead of a firearm of some sort shooting bullets, you'd have gun that maybe shot fireballs or something.  I guess it'd be more like magical item creation, in a way.

So, wouldn't that just fall under Enchantment then? (In theory?)

Lindrea

I suppose, but would that let someone put something like fire magic into an item?  Does the enchanter require the requisite magic to make an effect happen?

So many questions! :)

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Lindrea on July 06, 2016, 08:59:07 PM
I suppose, but would that let someone put something like fire magic into an item?  Does the enchanter require the requisite magic to make an effect happen?

So many questions! :)

Likely would need other magic, otherwise that might be bit broke.

Only alternative I can see is something like alchemy approach with Enchantment's Alter Property field; using other materials as some form of sub base to apply such desired effects. Although I doubt the magic that comes from the items would be as powerful as the real thing and would most likely still will require such items/materials as a source of alternative power to make said item work.

That is mostly what I see Alter Property as, sort of like Alchemy, combining various natural elements of objects to perform other effects(be it making something heavier, hotter, colder, more or less durable, resistant to certain effects to extent, so on and so forth with other materials as well as giving them other properties with said materials as source.) Though firearms I expect that again, such would be required to power them and then necessary modified bullets to give whatever effects; and like all enchanted items, they would eventually have to be recharge from 'wear and tear.'

Lindrea

Hmm.. that does put a damper on my plan for the character.  No matter!  I can still say she's a tinkerer, loving to mess around with various tech, but also an Elemental Manipulator: Fire mage.  If that's okay.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Lindrea on July 06, 2016, 09:46:26 PM
Hmm.. that does put a damper on my plan for the character.  No matter!  I can still say she's a tinkerer, loving to mess around with various tech, but also an Elemental Manipulator: Fire mage.  If that's okay.

Yush, yush, that is fine. ^-^

Lindrea

Inari

Subject of technomancy: would a good example be something like the caster gun in outlaw star?

Lindrea

Inari

That and the weapons in Karbine of the iron fortress came to mind!

Sorry about the crappie writing. I am on my phone since my laptop is in for repairs.

Lindrea

I haven't seen all of Kabaneri, but I think those guns were purely steam powered.  His just had explosives in the shells.

Inari

Later on they also get something infused with the weapons as well. I am not sure how technology would work in this setting but it is food for thought. Failing this we could look at some the weapons in Seraph of the end?

Lindrea

Maybe.  It depends on how Drake wants to run it.  If anything, I'm going to be making a fire mage tinker. :D

Drake Valentine

Sorry for delay was away that time around.

As for infusion of weapons, I honestly not sure how to give a good solid example. >.>

Seraph kinda, but that incorporated
Anime regarding how weapons made
them using science to an extent to bind demons to a weapon? Though the demons I believe were still actually vampires, were they not? Cause they were pretty much kidnapping vampires and experimenting on them I believe to make such weapons in the first place.  Unless they turned to demons, I dunno, lot of stuff in that anime never made much sense.

Can't relate to Outlaw Star cause I never really got into it to watch it.

Kaberni(sp) kinda again, though
Anime spoiler involving weapon
again they simply infused such through the blood to allow the sword to cut through anything. It was also shown others must of had similar idea later in anime(never read manga) since one of guys was carrying a similar black/red color sword

Again on magic spectrum, Enchantment at a base is nothing special; unless people specialize in other fields of magic which again is mostly limited in itself(unless demon.) The most one can succeed at is taking other coexisting natural elements and implying them with an object to enhance or lessen its capabilities. The way I see it, it takes that knowledge of how that magic properly works to fully enhance something into it; so on the most base of levels, enchanting right now falls to a fundamental knowledge of properties of an item and how to manipulate its present existing element(s.) The same applies with combining them with other objects, such as a blade with source of firestones or something to make an enchanted fireblade.

Drake Valentine

Update:
-General spring cleaning and removal of inactive players who failed to respond to a roll call.
-Masters/Mistresses are now opened again for the time being.
-General updates to present list.
-Individuals were strikethrough in interest check given their no longer presence in the game.
-Slaves are still pretty much needed.